#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

I can understand Play...putting christmas decorations away by yourself is not fun at all...thats why I made sure the girls were still out of school when we brought it down.

I don't have really expensive ornaments but they have sentimental value cos most of it were bought by my favorite uncle that is now gone. It was the ornaments we used to decorate my first real Christmas tree, my first Christmas here in Canada. We were in Florida a few months back and went to the Christmas store and bought tons of ornaments. I helped him choose each one. The other ornaments were gifts to my girls or hand made by another relative. Some of them were just dollar store ones...but I like a tree that have different ornaments that are whimsical.

ITA about the panick attack reveal...another incident that could be explained by this was that GMA performance for MOAM promo. I remember lots of fans went and said Clay was so aloof and strange. he seemed extra tense and didn't look at the audience during the commercial breaks. I remember a lot of fans feeling rejected that day. I bet he was trying to fight panic attack then too. Poor Clay.

Was hockeygate an issue on the other boards too. I know it was a huge issue in the CH and probably was the cause of the first big fracture in that board. But I don;t know if it had that much impact outside CH.

BWAH! I think I'll jsut stay away from PodPlanet and enjoy Ansa's interpretations of their interpretations of Cla's blog instructing them not to interpret but if you have your decoder ring YOU know what interpretation you're supposed to infer. :blink::lol: Oh, it's soooooo amusing. (and luckiest, move on over so I can join you in the sandbox and we can build an immature sand castle together!)

I love Clay. And I love this place where people can be smart and still silly; articulate and still awed; grateful and still gah-gah. Where I can read posts that are witty without being withering; jubilant without being judgmental; and profound without being pompous. (I love alliteration.)

Where intelligent women are in love with the man and invested in his success, however HE defines that, without needing to OWN either...

sigh.

I'm all schmoopie this morning. :P

Oh, and about him reading FCA? Heh. Let's just say that if I ever met Clay in a context where he asked my name, what he would hear would not be a word beginning with an "M".... :unsure:

:o

post-98-1158235369.gif

Back to other FCA business....

I think the pin business has moved on ...it moved underground...or has a new home on private boards. I think that is totally understandable specially because of all the C&D's. I am thinking of closing the pin galleries to pin orders. I think I will continue to have it as an archive to the many creative pin designs...and if people want to put their pin designs there just to keep for posterity then I will put it up...but I will no longer put up current order infos.

I am making this announcement to give pin makers a chance to let me know if they still want to use the gallery. If not that is perfectly fine and I will take out all order info and just make it a gallery it was first indended to be by the end of February.

But we are still planning on offering a FCA2007 pin. We may bring this out in February. I want to keep it in the old style of black and gold to make it part of a series but will use the new Clay look... so look out for that.

I am really happy about the response to our two latest FCA projects. The googling is going strong and some interesting observations have come up. And for FCA recommends he have recommendations for 5 songs...couchie has started to listen to her MCWL...and this is a gentle push to ldyjocelyn cos she asked me to. :D But my ultimate CD is shaping out really nicely.

Since Clay will be taking a bit of a break...its time to ramp up our other interests... we have other threads that we can revive, like the movie thread...with the oscars coming, people may want to discuss their favorite movies and the contenders. The TV schedule is about to start...how about starting discussion on the favorite tv shows...I would love to get a discussion of Heroes going...and of course...we will have our regualr AI chats at the usual place. Book club is always an option...

Finally...our last contests...and listening and chat parties have been so great. If anybody has any other suggestions for acitvities to keep us busy and not angsting about the angsts please just post about it or pm me or Angela.

Yup I truly am loving this place and again I thank you all for making it so great.

Waaaaah - my googling sucks _ singed up for alerts 4 times now and have not received a single one - can you not get them on a yahoo account? Do I have to set up yet another type of e-mail?

I just came from a board discussing how depressed Clay is in the blog. Excuse me, under current mood he has HAPPY! Does that not mean anything to people? Interpretive reading must make some peope feel superior, heck, they know Clay better than Clay himself. Delusions are alive and well.

If someone can help me with this google problem, I would appreciate it, otherwise I might just try yahoo alerts if such a thing exists.

Well, I have to get on with my day, can't be like this all day

computers2.gif

Damn, play....where do you get all those bitchin' emoticons? I LOVE them! :lol:

I'm definitely going to stay away from PodPlanet today. Even EAYOR has some discussions going on that are close to bugging me. Someone is pissed at the blog, talking about how sarcasm is really anger, not humor and that the blog is condescending and passive-aggressive. This person would rather him write about what Durham's chewing up that about a quote that means something to him---even suggested the quote thing is his mother talking for him or some such... :blink: Ok...sorry, but I gotta bwah at that one :lol: I want to share with you my post there after someone else commented on the anger/sarcasm thing and then made a valid point about his having evidently read Gilda's book and identified with some things in it:

I can't imagine that many 28 year old guys have read Gilda Radner's book
Exactly, and that's another reason I love him.

As for anger? Yep. I'd imagine he's got shitloads of it. Justifiable anger, too. That he has chosen humor and self-deprecation and helping others and yes---sarcasm---as a way to deal with it is a big mark on the "plus" column for me. Many people take anger---some justifiable and some not---out in much more hurtful, aggressive and selfish ways and then STILL feel entitled to do so because of 'their childhood' or whatever.

We all got stories. "Nobody knows de trouble I seen", etc. We're all enigmas to some degree. I think Clay continues to open himself to strangers to an incredible extent, especially knowing some of the "justifiable" reasons he could choose not to. (His panic attacks, serious allergies, certifiable fans, delusional and dangerous gnats, vindictive and envious media assholes, etc.)...He's still himself and still walking his talk.

And that's something else not too many other 28 year old guys are doing, IMO. :yes:

playbiller, if you're looking for weekly numbers, they're always in the first post of the HDD thread at CV. The final Soundscan numbers get issued on Wednesdays.

To date:

A Thousand Different Ways - released September 19th, 2006

Week---------Tally (Rank)-----Source---------Total

Week 1: --- 206,631 --- (#2) HDD ..... 211,234 --- (#2) Soundscan -- 211,713 (includes street-date violations)

Week. 2: ---- 80,381 ---- (#7) HDD .......74,053 ---- (#8) Soundscan - 285,766

Week. 3: ---- 37,471 --- (#20) HDD ...... 39,217 -- (#20) Soundscan - 324,983

Week. 4: ---- 23,353 --- (#36) HDD ...... 25,033 -- (#32) Soundscan - 350,016

Week. 5: ---------------------------------......16,122 -- (#52) Soundscan - 366,138

Week. 6: ---------------------------------......11,407 -- (#82) Soundscan - 377,545

Week. 7: ---------------------------------......11,345 -- (#89) Soundscan - 388,890

Week. 8: ---------------------------------........8,636 - (#136) Soundscan -397,526

Week. 9: ---------------------------------........8,262 - (#147) Soundscan - 405,788

Week 10:---------------------------------......10,247 - (#155) Soundscan --416,035

Week 11:---------------------------------........9,922 - (#135) Soundscan - 425,957

Week 12:---------------------------------......15,082 - (#119) Soundscan - 441,039

Week 13:---------------------------------......19,145 - (#124) Soundscan - 460,184

Week 14:---------------------------------......22,780 - (#143) Soundscan - 482,964

Week 15:---------------------------------........5900 - (#___) .................. - 489,000**

Week 16:

**Week 15 is based on rounded numbers from Ken Barnes Idol Chatter Blog.

Heh, emoticons are there for the stealing - make them yours, Muski. I already dropped some off for you at CV that screamed they belonged in your story, to me.

I took these emoticons off a "free to use, just don't use our bandwidth" artist's site. I'm not telling where, I have some doozies yet, just wait unti the birthdays start again this summer. And I did find another one that just screams KAndre at me. I have to send it to her.

But we are still planning on offering a FCA2007 pin. We may bring this out in February. I want to keep it in the old style of black and gold to make it part of a series but will use the new Clay look... so look out for that.

EEEEEEEEE! Love the FCA pins, I think they are so pretty...so I can't wait for the next one!

I am really happy about the response to our two latest FCA projects. The googling is going strong and some interesting observations have come up. And for FCA recommends he have recommendations for 5 songs...couchie has started to listen to her MCWL...and this is a gentle push to ldyjocelyn cos she asked me to. :D But my ultimate CD is shaping out really nicely.

I've listened to half my concerts so far, and have all my concerts downloaded at this point. I'm thinking that' I'll be finished in about 2 weeks. For those waiting, that translates to "soon." :P

Waaaaah - my googling sucks _ singed up for alerts 4 times now and have not received a single one - can you not get them on a yahoo account? Do I have to set up yet another type of e-mail?

I got my Google alerts for the longest time on my Yahoo account, so I don't think that would be it. (Although -- I can send you an invite for Gmail, which I think rocks...and it definitely plays well with Google alerts, since it's the same company. *g*) Who do you have as your search people?

Also, when you set up the alerts, did you put quote marks around the name of the person you're doing? It keeps the phrase together if you do that. (FYI -- I had to modify my search for Bono (of U2) because I was getting information on Mary Bono, the congresswoman from California. Heh.

Yes, Yahoo News Alerts exist as well. Do a search in the News section of Yahoo, and I think it gives you the option to set it up as an alert.

I just came from a board discussing how depressed Clay is in the blog. Excuse me, under current mood he has HAPPY! Does that not mean anything to people? Interpretive reading must make some peope feel superior, heck, they know Clay better than Clay himself. Delusions are alive and well.

And my eye rolling skills are still sharp as ever. Between this and the tour news with its "all rock, all the time" theme... :blink:

The beautiful muski wrote:

We all got stories. "Nobody knows de trouble I seen", etc. We're all enigmas to some degree. I think Clay continues to open himself to strangers to an incredible extent, especially knowing some of the "justifiable" reasons he could choose not to. (His panic attacks, serious allergies, certifiable fans, delusional and dangerous gnats, vindictive and envious media assholes, etc.)...He's still himself and still walking his talk.

I know I've done things that many have said -- "you did that? At such a young age?" Or, conversely, how about those people who jump out of airplanes at age 75? As you said, we're all enigmas, and chronological age should have nothing to do with it. (That can take me into a discussion of the kinds of music Clay should sing, according to some, but I won't bore you with that now....)

And he has no fear anymore in regards to being himself, IMO. God, I love him.

Oh, SNAP! What a great blog! I think I'll take a moment to savor the flavor before I read elsewhere the deconstruction of what Clay "really" meant, because I think it's a pretty damn clear smackdown of the poddies. B)
Oh yeah - but of course it went right over their heads.

Damn--another person I used to admire was taken by the Pod People!

I guess the best thing I got from the blog is that reconfirms that I should just have faith in him, the man with all the details of his own life. He's such a smart man. It really pains me when he is characterized as someone weak, inarticulate, and dragged along like the wind unable to even offer input into his own career.

Wordy McWord!!

Was hockeygate an issue on the other boards too. I know it was a huge issue in the CH and probably was the cause of the first big fracture in that board. But I don;t know if it had that much impact outside CH.

Oh yeah--it was an issue on every board I was reading at the time. People saying things like, it wouldn't have been a problem if only his fans were all young and pretty. Or it wouldn't have happened if the people there hadn't done something bad. And so on. Fun times.

But phooey on all that. Last night's blog made me very, very happy, and I woke up feeling soooo optimistic about him and his career. Then I read CH, and pfffftttt. :ph34r: I will not let them take away my happiness, and I know he's happy too. ;)

Well Play...I really don;t know about the google cos I do have gmail so that facilitates things. But someone said there is a yahoo alert and you can certainly use that.

If you have an emoticon where the lady in front of the computer is banging their head on the desk...that will be more accurate for me... :D

I can see why this blog will be disturbing and even "unsettling" for a lot of fans. The clearer he is and more assertive he is about his true persona...the harder it is for some fans to impose their own image on him. I also think that some fans...one fan in particular...don;t like it when Clay acts all smart and profound becaue they cannot feel superior to him. They would rather look for soemthing to complain about like his hair and would rather he talk about his dog than be all uppity trying to teach us things about ourselves through quotes. <_<

I really was struck...that it was something that happened yesterday that reminded him about that quote...I have a feeling someone was surfing the boards yesterday... B)

So many pages in one night - I knew something had happened.

May I just say I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, CLAY'S BLOG!!!!!!!!!

Best blog EVAH!!!

It was definitely a neener. neener moment for me too! :lol:

But I did pull out my own super seekrit decoder ring and realized this is what he was REALLY saying.....

"All you Pod People - get a grip! The wise and wonderful women at FCA have it right! That is now my very favorite board in all the fandom. Its the only board I will read from now on because they're right and the rest of you are wrong!! I love me some FCA!!!"

You all didn't see that??? ;)

BWAH!!! The pod people are so amusing...hee

so if I can interpret posts...they are saying that since he knows we interpret his post...his saying not to interpret his post is his way of saying please do interpret his post because he wants us to interpret it to get the super sekret message posted within...

BWAH...that is just the funniest thing...*hits head on table*

I would say you're kidding, only this is sadly very believable! :blink:

In all seriousness, I haven't yet had a chance to go to read anywhere else (maybe that's a good thing?), but that blog to me was a complete and total response to all the CT and Pod People interpretations of how his career and his life are going. I think he must have finally reached a point in the last day or so where he thought things had just gone too far. We over here in this sane little corner of the Clay world thought it had (just more proof his blog was a total shout-out to FCA! B) ) - can you imagine what Clay was thinking???

I bet he just wishes a very vocal portion of his fandom would just get a grip and relax! He must wonder why they just can't sit back and enjoy what comes when it comes.

And I love his quote and frankly, I love quotes, so the fact that he is going to share his favorites with us makes me VERY happy.

Although you know despite the warnings, some will dissect each quote and study it under a microscope and then run it through the super seekrit decoder computer program the Pop People use to try and figure out the hidden message contained within. :P

God I love that man!!!! Just love him to death!!!!

Gosh claygasm where can i find your super seekrit decoder ring...I like what it says...it is very wise. :D

I hate the fact that it takes me so long to post and I see so many other great posts before me.

Muski...WORD. I can't believe some people would presume to know what any 28 year old man would be reading...like there is some rule book or something..Don't these people read what they post???

and yeah...if we were getting frustrated and pissed at how some people insist on imposing their own interpretations on to CLay...then how must Clay feel!!!

Does the pod people even stop to think how hurtful some of their posts are to Clay? Specially some posts in the last few days that were practically dismissing his work and taking away Clay's role and power in his own life by suggesting that all the panic attack revelation and the stand on his sexuality was dictated by a label that wants to hurt him? Dont they know that they are actually suggesting that Clay is a big ol wimp that is totally whipped into submission???? Don;t they realize how insulting they are and as they say we love you Clay...they are actually saying...we love our vision of Clay...not the man that he is?

I am so glad that Clay took this stand...but just like how the media was too dense to actually understand what Clay was trying to say with his stand on his sexuality...so will the fans that most needed this message.

Bwah KAndre...she did what I really couldn't do...don;t worry she has sanctuary... :D

I am so glad that Clay took this stand...but just like how the media was too dense to actually understand what Clay was trying to say with his stand on his sexuality...so will the fans that most needed this message.

Oh, such a big, morbidly obese, sloppy and loving WORD to this! :lol:

And as for play's reference to one particular PodPerson....hmmmm, I wonder if it could possibly be the same person I'm thinking about---who more than once blew a fuse over a storyline of mine and a friend's, calling them incomplete or confusing or too frustrating because we didn't do a minute-by-minute explanation of everything our characters were thinking and doing. (There were gale-force winds whooshing nuance, meaning and complexity over her head as she was reading. :lol: )....

And yes, Ansa...as we've said, the various suppositions and postulations by some recently have been downright insulting, and I would imagine very hurtful to Clay if he actually read them. And his blog would have me believing he did.

Aw...come here, baby, and let Muski kiss those booboos for you. B)

Huh? That's not where it hurts? :blink:

Whatever. ;)

Edited by muskifest

I was just going to word what Muski worded so I will just repeat her WORD.

One quick look at the boards the Pod People inhabit already proves that those who needed this message the most JUST.DON'T.GET.IT!!

Oh well, WE get it. And we're Clay's favorites. He told us so!! :D

What can I say that hasn't already been said by all you brilliant people. Was that post frickin' fantastic or what? He said in no uncertain terms, "Stop reading too much into these blogs!" It's staggering, but I suppose, not surprising that some continue to insist that he can't possibly mean what he says. Ya gotta love this guy!

CH is widely read and highly influential. I wasn't a member during Hockeygate, but I read it daily and I remember feeling heartsick when I read some of those posts. Some seemed so angry at Clay that I seriously worried about his safety. I noticed that in the days following, many CH members started to post at other boards because they were uncomfortable with the tone and discussion there. For better or worse, discussions at CH tend to bleed through the entire fandom.

I think the pin business has moved on ...it moved underground...or has a new home on private boards. I think that is totally understandable specially because of all the C&D's.

I love looking at the pin gallery, because it really shows the breadth and diversity of the fandom. The pins are fun and, I think, tolerable to Clay's management when done in moderation. However, quite frankly, legal precautions (no images of Clay, no use of his full name) were not being done by all, and some seemed to be issuing new pins on a weekly basis. When you sell pins once or twice a year, it's seems like a harmless fan activity. When you're selling pins with his full name and likeness, on a frequent basis, in volume, it begins to look like a business. The fact that people aren't making much, if anything on them, doesn't really matter.

I'd love to have a pin, but I hope we are careful about the design. I'd hate to have a C&D order issued against FCA.

Since Clay will be taking a bit of a break...its time to ramp up our other interests... we have other threads that we can revive, like the movie thread...with the oscars coming, people may want to discuss their favorite movies and the contenders. The TV schedule is about to start...how about starting discussion on the favorite tv shows...I would love to get a discussion of Heroes going...and of course...we will have our regualr AI chats at the usual place. Book club is always an option...

All of those sound great! I'd love to chat more about all of those subjects. I think it's just a matter of people knowing that there is activity on those other threads.

I can see why this blog will be disturbing and even "unsettling" for a lot of fans. The clearer he is and more assertive he is about his true persona...the harder it is for some fans to impose their own image on him.

I really was struck...that it was something that happened yesterday that reminded him about that quote...I have a feeling someone was surfing the boards yesterday... B)

Yeah, I think that what many find "unsettling" is the idea that Clay is basically calling them out and refuting the position they're so heavily invested in, namely, that he's not telling the truth because of label pressure. Not only has he been reading their posts, he's telling them, "You're wrong." It sounds like many are still finding a way to rationalize his words to fit their own agendas, but his blog has made it tougher for them to do so.

I love the fact that he's decided to share his favorite quotes. True, we're not finding out what color socks he's wearing or what Raleigh's been licking lately, but I think we could actually learn more interesting things, such as what he reads, who influences him and what ideas catch his attention. It's actually a great way for us to get a glimpse of his mind, which IMHO, is infinitely more fascinating than his dog.

One senses, too, that it's a bit of a diversionary tactic. Get people talking about great quotes and and hopefully, they'll get off the RCA gerbil wheel for awhile. Hey, what do you think about that as a topic--a discussion of his latest quote and what we think it means, not just as it relates to Clay but as it relates to our own lives? Maybe these quotes are his way being a teacher, again.

I'd hate to have a C&D order issued against FCA.

Oh, I don't know, Jenna....I think I'd like to have Clay issue me a Come and Debacle order... B)

For better or worse, discussions at CH tend to bleed through the entire fandom
I used to glad about this---even as a lurker, I used to enjoy the discussions and seemingly intelligent expressions of opinions there. But....I haven't felt that way a lot for a good while. In fact, I've sorta been embarrassed and worried because I KNOW that board is a well-known one AND one that Clay is familiar with and probably reads. It hurt me to see what must be hurtful to him. And it pissed me off to think that maybe he would attribute much of what he saw as fan behavior there to those of us who are in a less visible public forum, seeing things from different perspectives.

One senses, too, that it's a bit of a diversionary tactic. Get people talking about great quotes and and hopefully, they'll get off the RCA gerbil wheel for awhile. Hey, what do you think about that as a topic--a discussion of his latest quote and what we think it means, not just as it relates to Clay but as it relates to our own lives? Maybe these quotes are his way being a teacher, again.

I'm down with this! And I agree about the 'teacher' part...this isn't the first time he's used quotes. Remember the Isaiah verse? He's a smart man. And that's so hot.

ETA: crap. This is much more interesting than what I have to do here at my desk today. :glare: But....gotta do SOMETHING to earn money for the 'summer and beyond'... ;)

Edited by muskifest

Sadly, I almost think that people are denigrating ATDW, not because they don't like the music, but because they don't like the sales and lack of critical acclaim. Before the CD was released, there were a lot of glowing comments about the songs as each found its way to the fandom. At the CD parties, people talked excitedly about their favorites. However, now, just because it hasn't sold what they expected, suddenly the album is something Clay can't possibly be proud of?

This is very astute. Thanks for bringing something that's been in the back of my mind to the front and center. I think you have nailed it. If the album had sold like gangbusters, it would have been the greatest! album! ever!

Remember when the first surveys of favorites were done (based on snippets and promosquad), and it was Without You that won? At the time WY was considered a work of art. Now it's that crappy choice for a single made by RCA to ruin Clay's career.

It also ties into the "Clay needs to be cool" factor, IMO. One of the major ways for Clay to be cool is for him to sell a gazillion albums in their eyes. It doesn't matter that the music is good or bad, per se, just that he sells. I can't wrap my mind around that. Success (and coolness) frequently does NOT equal sales. In this case, I think it's about the artistic growth I personally saw in this album, with his known input on BW and HYCA.

Agreed. There was so much growth in his musicality demonstrated, and it totally blew me away. It was a topic on the boards for about a minute, until the sales figures and reviews started coming in.

I know...that is such a slam at the pod people I cannot believe it.

It was, wasn't it? I think one of the things I'm really enjoying about this man at the moment is that he knows when to put some people in their places. It happened a LOT during the comedy routine known as the JNaT. He'd open up the show to the audience, and IMO gently make fun of those with cellphones or binoculars. But, if anyone tried to talk too long, or become an attention hog, he'd shut them down but good with a well-timed piece of snark. I think the opening paragraph of this blog was his version of this, just in writing.

Nicely stated!! Course they managed to make what was absolutely clear into something else, but what else would you expect?

So many pages in one night - I knew something had happened.

May I just say I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, CLAY'S BLOG!!!!!!!!!

Best blog EVAH!!!

It was definitely a neener. neener moment for me too! :lol:

But I did pull out my own super seekrit decoder ring and realized this is what he was REALLY saying.....

"All you Pod People - get a grip! The wise and wonderful women at FCA have it right! That is now my very favorite board in all the fandom. Its the only board I will read from now on because they're right and the rest of you are wrong!! I love me some FCA!!!"

You all didn't see that??? ;)

Now that's what I call reading between the lines!! :lol:

What can I say that hasn't already been said by all you brilliant people. Was that post frickin' fantastic or what? He said in no uncertain terms, "Stop reading too much into these blogs!" It's staggering, but I suppose, not surprising that some continue to insist that he can't possibly mean what he says. Ya gotta love this guy!

and

I think that what many find "unsettling" is the idea that Clay is basically calling them out and refuting the position they're so heavily invested in, namely, that he's not telling the truth because of label pressure. Not only has he been reading their posts, he's telling them, "You're wrong." It sounds like many are still finding a way to rationalize his words to fit their own agendas, but his blog has made it tougher for them to do so.

Yup.

So, luckiest1 posted her dream on CH (and I hope she'll bring hers over). I'll post mine here. I dreamed that newly scheduled TV appearances began to appear on the RCA home page :o. Leno, the Today Show, and more. Then there was a statement about signing some kind of deal with NBC. Don't remember the specifics.

I'm not saying that I need this to happen to feel optimistic, or that my good mood is based on the dream. I just think there will be more good news to come, that there will always be more good news to come. I think some fans just won't be satisfied unless he's on television every day, and sells millions and millions of albums--anything less is a failure in their eyes. The truth is that most entertainers are not in the public eye every minute of the day, unless their career is based on being in the public eye (Paris Hilton), and that is not something I ever want for Clay (and obviously he doesn't either).

I do admit that I'm jonesing for another SNL appearance, and I think it would be a great time for him to co-host, given the Ripa flap. Lots of great material there to play off of.

Edited by jmh123

I'm down with this! And I agree about the 'teacher' part...this isn't the first time he's used quotes. Remember the Isaiah verse? He's a smart man. And that's so hot.

God, muski, that was a great Paris Hilton impersonation. :D

I'm in for this as well. I think a bit of self-examination is good for the soul, and using that quote would be a good jumping off point.

I just read a member's blog at the OFC. I fought the urge to read it, because it was a blog from someone who is well known in the fandom for being pretty critical about Clay. In the end, I couldn't resist. Her take on his blog -- that he needs to start "saying what he means and meaning what he says." Not a happy camper with all his "games" either, from the past year. IMO -- I really don't know what to say to some that could possibly make them happy. I find it so sad that he says what seems blatantly obvious to me, but not to others.

I love the man, and the way he uses words. I read ya Clay....loud and clear.

]I just think there will be more good news to come, that there will always be more good news to come. I think some fans just won't be satisfied unless he's on television every day, and sells millions and millions of albums--anything less is a failure in their eyes.

It's all part of the journey -- and it seems that the end of the journey is what some are more interested in. Again, very sad, especially since all that he's done in the past 6 months has been pretty darn successful. A gold album is nothing to sneeze at.

Dreams? I'll take an appearance on "The Daily Show" for $1000, Alex....

OK, ask you you shall receive! My dream post from the CH:

I had a dream last night, prior to reading the blog this morning. I dreamt that a bunch of fans gathered for a Clay appearance, somewhere outdoors. All I remember of that is that he walked across a bridge with a little girl in front of him, and we were all in boats on the river below, looking up (weird, I know). There were two women on the shore to answer our questions, once Clay left. They told us there would be an extensive US & Canadian tour this year, with tickets going on sale April 18th.

It was a strange dream, and then I woke up to a great (but unexpected) blog! I was kind of wondering what kind of interpretation people might get from it, because it makes no sense to me. Probably something I ate the night before. :P

Have no fear - the pod people ignore me, I am a person frequently scrolled by, a nothing in this world.

However, I am an opinionated snob, as well. This is why many mods do not scroll past me and why I have stopped posting on some boards.

There are lots of TV appearances I would like to see, but won't die if I don't. Something before Valentine's to inspire guys, to you know, buy the album. A lot of different choices, and of course sit in for Kimmel or Leno for a week. But he is probably working on what he wants to do with his tour, the first one he bought left over scenery, maybe he is shopping.

Well, continue with your discussion and don't mind me, just stopped in for a minute on the way to dog.gif

Edited by playbiller

there is one thing I want those dreams to be ...prophetic...hee

Love the chat Idea Jenna...and I love this quote too...

we can make a regular chat for it everytime he blogs...

Have no fear - the pod people ignore me, I am a person frequently scrolled by, a nothing in this world.

However, I am an opinionated snob, as well. This is why many mods do not scroll past me and why I have stopped posting on some boards.

There are lots of TV appearances I would like to see, but won't die if I don't. Something before Valentine's to inspire guys, to you know, buy the album. A lot of different choices, and of course sit in for Kimmel or Leno for a week. But he is probably working on what he wants to do with his tour, the first one he bought left over scenery, maybe he is shopping.

Well, continue with your discussion and don't mind me, just stopped in for a minute on the way to dog.gif

hee play we should start a club of the frequently scrolled by and ignored...

I am an opinionated snob

playbiller, don't worry about what others think.... :angry: WE know the truth.

I mean, if you believe things people write about ME, you'd think I'm just a dirty-minded smutter who wants to roll around in the sheets with Clay all the time... :lol:

:D

:o

:unsure:

:blink:

heh. :huh:

never mind. :blush: