#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

I too like the brother and sister act. But I just went and re-watched THE Atlanta Audition! Yes he was that good!!!

I have to congratulate those of you fighting the good fight! I am not even going to try! The PPPs (piddly pod people) are just too much!

:sport-smiley-002:

ETA: Jordin Sparks has quite a resume on Wikipedia.

Edited by merrieeee

Yet another promo for this Taylor piece. Showed him in a studio screeching singing and they said see what Taylor's next project is.

Can't wait.....

:liarpantsonfire:

ETA: Oooo!! Piddly Pod People! I like that merrieeee!!

Edited by Claygasm

I know you are all waiting with baited breath for the report on the TH piece! (Well, Ansa wanted to know anyway!)

First, I thought he looked awful. Eyes very sunken. Looks OLD.

Then he was talking about his album and how it was finally out. He says it has a good stomping feel, very positive message, funky.

Then he said he wants to be his own entitry but (and here is where he's singing a different tune....) he has no problems being associated with AI because that's why he's here.

Mentions that he's touring to promote the album starting the end of February and he's put together a 10 piece touring band, complete with horns because that's what he's always done and that's what he'll always do.

But here's the best part..... The reporter then said his album debuted last month at #2. How did that compare with past Idol winners, she asks? Well, she says, Kelly, CLAY and Ruben all debuted at #1.

And that was the end. Yet another person who forgets Clay didn't win! :medium-smiley-070:

Edited by Claygasm

While walking the dog tonight I listened to Clay's AI performances. I heard everything except BOTW. And I fell in love all over again. I was bowled over again and again. He was always on pitch, or if he wavered, he quickly righted himself. His voice reflected such a range of emotion---and vocal dynamics---soft and tender, powerful and forceful...straight tone, vibrato...

It just didn't matter---he sounded amazing all the time.

sigh.

WOW...he sure is different....NOT!!!

but I don't think AI is really loving him right now. I think RCA is going to try to buy a platinum record for him. They shipped a million but I really doubt he will be able to well a million unless they end up having a radio hit later on.

WOW...he sure is different....NOT!!!

but I don't think AI is really loving him right now. I think RCA is going to try to buy a platinum record for him. They shipped a million but I really doubt he will be able to well a million unless they end up having a radio hit later on.

Ansa, how is it selling? I lost track after week one.

And muski, yeah that. He was amazing then and he's even more amazing now.

And hotter too!

:hubbahubba:

121317298-M.jpg

Heh, Fantasia, Diana, Carrie, Bo and Daughtry all debuted(?) at lower than #1.

I am listening to Jon Stewart and he is talking about Castro being fitted with an artificial anus - that just made me think about all the artificial anuses I knew walking around on this planet.

I have had yes.com open all day and they have only had one song by Clay listed today. That can't be right can it? there are always more than that.

AH, have to listen to Jon Stewart guy reporting on AI. Described as a sorority girl lousy mix tape. At the end of the contest the winner is stoned to death provided and wonderful cocacola harvest forthe coming year.

Heh, Claygasm, he is tanking fast.

Edited by playbiller

Wow, he has hardly sold more that Clay and we all know RCA/Clive is sabotaging Clay's album! :lol:

For some reason this makes me happy. I never liked him or his attitude. Never liked Chris' attitude either, but looks like he's a hit.

Now what I would LOVE is for Kat to beat Taylor! Not because I love her or anything, but just because.

Geez, I'm mean!

Wow, he has hardly sold more that Clay and we all know RCA/Clive is sabotaging Clay's album! :lol:

For some reason this makes me happy. I never liked him or his attitude. Never liked Chris' attitude either, but looks like he's a hit.

Now what I would LOVE is for Kat to beat Taylor! Not because I love her or anything, but just because.

Geez, I'm mean!

Lets be mean together :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I think one of the more disappointing things I read about Taylor was when one of his fans wrote in the Taylor thread on the Clay board that she hoped that Talyor beat Clay's MOAM record. WHen a few of us objected that this was a Clay board and just a Taylor thread, we were told we could not tell someone what to post by a mod who was also a Taylor fan.

It seems taht the sort of fans, the AI first fans are falling off to opther idols, which is fine, but I think that when they stop being Clay fans first, they should not continue to post on Clay boards. People have to learn how to move on. They put lots of links to the Taylor board and kept encouraging people to go post on them, but when I looked at them, I found definite unjustified Clay hostility. I don't know if it is because not all Clay fans are embracing their new idol or if they are just jealous. I guess this proves that Clay needs to keep growing those non-idol fans. It is fine if you like other idols and even if you like them better, but I think that you should keep from dissing any of the ones you supposedly like. I never get people logging on to Clay boards to insult Clay. Fandom is a mystery to me.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Hey! Thanks for all of the Birthday wishes! Y'all sure know how to make a gal feel welcome.

I can't tell you how great it is to be able to read a Clay message board without having my eyes roll out of my head several times on each page.

That's all I got....for now. I need to :856:

Play, I really don't even think a lot of it is about Clay. I think many people who latch on to other idols, which is their right and you can love more than one (cuz I love Fanny, Jennifer and K-Lo)...but once they "fall" for someone else they get defensive when other Clay fans don't like them. And then they start pointing fingers and claiming it's jealousy and what not.Then when they form their own boards, the non Clay fans that join in with them bring that Clay hate along with them. I just couldnt' be a part of a board where hatin' on Clay was an every day occurrence. I didn't realize Taylor fans had a hate out for Clay. Why? He's so long removed from their season. I see the same thing with so many fan bases.

The Constantine fans were the worst. I mean when Clay supposedly didn't stand for him the venom was disturbing. And what's so funny, most fanbases spend all their time trying to be superior and better than the Clay fans. Yet they do the same stupid ass things, just on a smaller scale.

Idol brough us Clay so am thankful for that. I could do without the warring fanbases though.

Atinal - jinx... I couldn't think of the exact words she used..yep stomp him in his head. With fans like that... and you know the rest.

Play, I think I have been very surprised in general about the way people post on Clay's fan boards. I think if you read the boards regularly and see the way some of Clay's fans have posted about him, you may be under the impression that anything goes. I remember a post of a "fan" of Clay (now this wasn't posted on a Clay message board but was copied over) She had become a fan of Constantine during AI4. I think she said she wanted to kick Clay in the head for not standing after Constantine's performance. There was more, I was shocked, I felt like I had been kicked in the stomach when I read that. If I wake up one day and have lost my everlovin' mind and decide I no longer want to be a fan of Clay Aiken, I hope to God I will just go away. I have plenty of things I can spend my time doing, and I can't imagine staying around to put someone down if I'm no longer a fan.

Couchie, I read that article you linked about Constantine a couple of days ago. He sure has an ego doesn't he. I remember mentally comparing Clay giving his $15,000 Mark Jacobs watch to Kimberly L to Constantine not being willing to give an extra cell phone to one of his friends.

Looks like we were thinking about some of the same things...

Edited by atinal

Well, what really amazes me is that this venuom coming from people I have met and have been friendly towards - I know they are mature I know they are women, I know they have families - What the heck causes them to act so hatefully toward anyone? The hate I see in fans of all idols frightens me and really has caused me to evaluate human behavior downward.

Heh, I once wrote to a hater asking if she touched her young daughter (12) with the fingers that typed those filthy lies. She never replied. Don't people know what their family members are typing, is there no one in these people lives to say Whoa?

On the other side of the coin, Why is Clay always held to a higher standard, even by his fans? Others can miss a note and, well, it happens. Clay misses a note and starts debates on if he knows how to preserve his voice! Heck, I remember when we thought hew could never sing BOTW in a concert or Solitaire because they were too challenging, then the little devil sings for 3 hours and includes both those songs. Oh, I think he knows how to take care of his voice very well thank you. He seems to have just run into an unfortunate illness this tour. - illnesses are why I wish there were no meet and greets or bus fan things, but I do know why he does it.

Edited by playbiller

I also LOVE all the media references to Clay as a 'winner' of AI---and why wouldn't people make that assumption? My Lord, he's in the news, on tv, on people's lips (have I ever said how much I LOVE two-letter prepositions? Just a slip of one vowel and it's fantasy land.... :hubbahubba: )...much more and more consistently than a LOT of the other 'winners'...

By the way, Karen eh's pictures of Clay at Grand Rapids are...oh so delicious...holy crap. :medium-smiley-070:

Crap. Alex begged me to watch AI with her. She got all lovey dovey and wanted to snuggle with me and Shadow and watch...at first I was going to try to write while I watched, but she asked me to please put my laptop away...she really seemed like she wanted me to just do this with her---be present, you know? So...she's 15...not too much longer I can count on her wanting to spend time with me, so.....

no new chapter tonight...But :allgood:

Edited by muskifest

Whoops....I'm posthoing to say....

:new7::new7:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

New What???? heh...

sniff...gotta go teach some kiddies today so I will have to reserve this till I get home...

great motivation through the day. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Good morning all! :allgood:

Woke up to our first snowfall this winter. It always looks so pretty, at least until it gets dirty. It is supposed to change over to sleet and freezing rain. For some strange reason school was not called off today so I guess I'll be off to the gym this morning. They base their closings on the school system. I guess a lot of mom members.

I haven't watched AI since the end of AI2. Not really because of Clay. More for political reasons and my dislike of a certain media mogul. I try to stay away from most reality shows and as a result don't see too much tv. I do watch Top Chef and Project Runway. Top Chef was a little disturbing last night.

I do vote for Clay occasionally and here is a site in Greensboro which employs the evil reporter JV. At least you don't have to register.

FOXvotes

Have a wonderful day.

People have to learn how to move on.

If I wake up one day and have lost my everlovin' mind and decide I no longer want to be a fan of Clay Aiken, I hope to God I will just go away. I have plenty of things I can spend my time doing, and I can't imagine staying around to put someone down if I'm no longer a fan.

*puts on amateur psychologists hat and charges 5 cents to everyone who'll listen*

While I personally don't understand it, I think much can be accounted to what I call "jilted girlfriend" syndrome. I've known people who were an adorable couple, only to have something happen to cause the relationship to stop. In a few instances, one of the people in the former couple will basically start trashing the other person to anyone who will listen (even their new dating partner). I guess it must be their defense mechanism for how hurt they are, that something didn't click like they were expecting at the beginning of the relationship. I see the same thing here with Clay Aiken, although my confusion comes from the fact that I certainly don't have a relationship with the man. He's just fun to look at, y'know? Anyway, that's the only way I can explain it. I personally hope I'll be like atinal -- if I ever decide that I don't like Clay, I'll just stop posting on a Clay Aiken message board. It happens all the time in other fandoms anyway -- people simply leave, for whatever reason.

Idol brough us Clay so am thankful for that. I could do without the warring fanbases though.

No kidding. Unfortunately, it's hard to let go of "competition," especially since the competition aspect was a main focus of the early fandom.

Whoops....I'm posthoing to say....

:new7::new7:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

And what a wonderful new chapter it was...totally unexpected. I loved it.

If I had just stayed up 10 more minutes I could have read the chapter last night.

I've always been impressed with Carrie's fan. Right from the start as people were calling her the third favorite from her season (bwah) those 10,000 fans on that Carrie board just concentrated on her. They didn't get into the tit for tat or spend time trying to convince people that Carrie was worthy. Even the media was second guessing her win and proclaiming for Bo that all wasn't lost; he might outsell the winner like Clay did. Those fans just kept focus and just did their thing. Even on boards like TWoP, they were pretty mild and I don't even see them gloating now. And she really stomped the competition. Maybe those are the fans folks should try to take something from.

read next chapter? Get dressed for work? Read next chapter? Get dressed for work?

oh I always believed in the jilted girlfriend theory. People don't just want to leave and wish him the best for what they did get out of it - they want to throw his clothes out the window and set them on fire and lay a curse on him that will affect him and his future generations.

I voted. If it's easy I'll vote.

I've narrowed my song down to 5 yay. I know I know I'm so slow.