# 9 He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• He's a man of mystery that I would like to figure out.
    • Clay live just replentishes my soul.
    • There's so much more in life (and in Clay) to enjoy, celebrate, and savor.
    • Oh. My. God...on so many levels!
    • The world needs more Clay Aikens.
    • All done darling, all done. All finished.
    • Clay isn't the only good guy out there. He's just the one we love the most.
    • It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.
    • He sells himself so very well.
    • Teefy, toofy; Smiley, goofy; windky, "wonky;" My favorite "honky!"
    • He is simply doing his thing...quietly...without fanfare...what a beautiful thing.
    • That doesn't mean that I don't still think that he is super hawt and that I'd like to lick him...
    • He was cute, he sings pretty, he teases people, and he's sexy.

Muski, couchie and Ansa - we're in!!! :Tour3:

I was just going to come in here to offer :garfieldodie-grouphug: to those experiencing :Tour4: this morning....only to discover that CG edited her post!

:TourExcite: :TourExcite: :TourExcite:

:rainbowsmile::rainbowsmile::rainbowsmile:

Does anyone have words of wisdom on the ghastly lawn seating of Cary? I'm not expecting much tomorrow. I might have access to a table ticket but Fully Functional said that you might as well skip the show if you get those. Someone else said they're under cover and next to food, water and bathrrooms. I hatess the heat! And having to sit hours in it. So do any of you have any wisdom to share? I know it's my decision ultimately- just obsessing here.

And congratulations to all who got tickets today- YAY! :rainbowsmile:

Oh, yeay! :Tour3: CG, Couchie, Ansa and I are sitting together at Indio!

:TourExcite: :TourExcite: :TourExcite:

Great job, CG! I was taking my mom to a doctor's appt. and couldn't hit the front lines myself this time. Now..what's left?

Hotel in Frisco

Hotel in LA

Car/driving arrangements in So. Cal. for the FourPlay

West Palm Beach ticket

Tampa ticket

Early Bird Special Dinner Reservations at the Rest Home

Does anyone have words of wisdom on the ghastly lawn seating of Cary? I'm not expecting much tomorrow. I might have access to a table ticket but Fully Functional said that you might as well skip the show if you get those. Someone else said they're under cover and next to food, water and bathrrooms. I hatess the heat! And having to sit hours in it. So do any of you have any wisdom to share? I know it's my decision ultimately- just obsessing here.

I really don't see what's ghastly about it, other than, as you say, the fact that you'd have to hang around all day in the heat. But if you get in line early enough, you are apparently able to park you car very close by the line, and you and whoever you are with can take turns getting out of the heat and into the A/C. Concert-wise, the lawn offers a pretty good view of the stage, as it is elevated above the reserved section. Then the tables are behind that, so they are elevated above the lawn.

My wisdom? Try for single tickets tomorrow. You'll be more likely to pull some up. I managed to grab 4 singles yesterday, even though it took me about 45 minutes of trying. And if you don't end up with any, I still wouldn't jump at lawn seats tomorrow. They are not going to sell out. Take a look around the boards and see if anyone is selling anything. I've already seen one in row Q for sale at the OFC.

Congrats to Claygasm for getting Indio tickets!

Okay, okay! Uncle!!!! I give. *g* I just know I liked meat cooked outside, with stuff poured all over it. :) Especially if I don't have to cook it.

And as you will soon see, I honestly wouldn't know a grammar rule if it came up and kissed me. :)

Sorry for those wrangling with :Tour4: !

Houston tickets came easily, I had someone else buying. :) I haven't started stressing yet over Tulsa. And I have to get tickets to the AI tour this summer for my daughter, but I think I shall be pretty easygoing about that one! :)

I feel so guilty...I ahven;t had any ticket stress...all I've been doing is going...that's great couchie...whatever you say couchie and paypaling payments. I ende dup with great tickets to all california 4 fer through the kindness of friends...

CG... :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

thanks so much and you got some good ones too... :Tour3: :Tour3:

For LA...we have scarlett to thank... :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

For SD and Pala...Couchie used her influence and ticket savvy...thanks :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

No stress about hotel and transportation too...I will just glue myself by couchie's side.

NOW I have to get cheap tickets to california...any plane ticket buying advice????

Clay's Indio Package

Interesting....yet again. So you can buy individual tickets in person or over the phone today. THEN a package deal is advertised. THEN tomorrow you can buy tickets online.

Interesting procedure.

Good Lord.

A bit ass backwards if you ask me! And why 2 nights for the package? I guess a lot of people will be coming down right after the Greek!

I am just relieved I got something for the Fearsome Foursome! :Tour3:

And why 2 nights for the package

Huh? You're kidding, right?

Give me Clay's package and two nights wouldn't even put a wrinkle in the time I'd be spending there.

BWAH!

Lookie! They have video on the Fantasy Springs website (scroll down)! What's really interesting is they have the HOT AIW picture and when you watch the video its of him singing BOTW during the AI2 finale!

It really shows how much different he looks now!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! and when the video finishes (in a very rude Cloitus Interruptus fashion, I might add... :angry22: ), what appears on the video screen?

Find Your Fantasy!

Indeed..... :medium-smiley-070:

YSRN...........Thank you.......... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Welcome to alliesmom2. Wow it has been forever since the CD party in Little Rock. How the heck you doing? It will be nice if I get to see you again in Tulsa............. :TourExcite:

Why do I feeeeel like such a baaad baaad fan for only going to one concert? I wanna be a groupie and follow Clay around, too, but I can't. I have yet to experience ticket stress. Waiting for Tulsa. Is it still on for May 12th? Congrats to all of you who got good tickets today and other times.

BBQ? Noun-Verb-Adjective..............Pain in the ass is more like it. Isn't that supposed to be a man's claim to fame? Don't they want bragging rights that come with grilling? I bought this big fancy smancy stainless steel MAN SIZE BBQ grill thinking I could get out of cooking more often. You see, I thought if I just said to hubby, I set out some meat, and I thought it would be nice cooked on the grill, (meaning for him to cook it,) that I could catch a break from cooking. Did.Not.Happen. He did not fall in love with the new BBQ grill like I thought he would. If it had of been a new TV remote with all kinds of neat things on it, I would of scored a home run..............I get the cooking duties around this house irregardless if it is indoors or out. I have yet to find a self cleaning BBQ grill either. Anything cooked outdoors on a grill is BBQ to me... LOL

Let me share some BBQ humor with you.

BBQ Butt

Ted and his wife were working in their garden one day when Ted looks over at his wife and says: "Your butt is getting really big, I mean really big! I bet your butt is bigger than the barbecue."

With that he proceeded to get a measuring tape and measure the grill and then went over to where his wife was working and measured his wife's bottom.

"Yes, I was right, your butt is two inches wider than the barbecue!!!!"

The wife chooses to ignore her husband. Later that night in bed, Ted is feeling a little frisky. He makes some advances towards his wife who completely brushes him off.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

She answers: "Do you really think I'm going to fire up this big-ass grill for one little weenie?"

Well I wouldn't exactly blame Indio for this one. I dont' think they were going to offer packages but fans kept calling and begging for them so they had a better chance at "good" seats. They would be stupid not to take the money people were throwing at them. Guess I can't blame them as if I had the money I'd pay anything for a good seat too. Just found it kinda cut throat but again who is to say what I would do if I could afford to do it. But you know I think I'll have just as much fun in my pretty damn good seat and my hotel room which cost about 1/3 of what they want plus I don't have to stay an extra night someplace I don't want to be. Of course if you're rich.. yu'd just walk out on that extra night, no problem.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I can't wait to kiss CG in person. heee.

Hee Clayzorback that is funny...

If I was rich would I be doing everything in my power to get front row seats????I don;t know ...I haven;t had any experience seeing Clay up close...in Toronto we were at the very last row of the first section...my friend kept apologizing for the seats but I thought there were great...never was that close before. So after this tour....I do think we have better seats than that for all the concerts...I don't know if I will now want front row seats.

I am scared I would get bitten by the concert ho bug...Now I want to go to NC for the next summer tour...hee.

Happy Cinco de Mayo everybody.

Ansa during NAT most of my seats were between 10th and 25th row..and to me those are good seats. In the 20s you're more out there with the not just us fan and that's really fun. The enthusiasm is much better IMO. It's just fun to be around people who don't know what's coming.

ETA: If there's one person that being a fan of Clay has made me hate it's Conan O'Brien. The other day I walked past what looked like one of those movie "trucks" I used to see all the time when I lived in LA. It had Conan written on the side...and I had a WTF moment. But I kept going..then found out today that Conan has been on location all week. I guess my precious Warriors will be on tonight. But not even for them will I watch that show.

The COnan thing...yeah...I was perusing craigslist the other day to help a daughter find a replacement iPod and somebody posted that he wanted a ticket to Conan's show that's taping in the Bay Area. He wanted to trade some things for a ticket and listed an ipod, a video game console with games, a cell phone and something else!

I couldn't believe it.

Barf.

By the way, I saw a YouTube of Tyra on his show and she had her hands all over him...

Barf.

Clay needs to whoop his ass.

muski - I'll throw in another barf and raise ya one more.:kotz0:

My head hurts - I have been trying to keep all the details straight for the NC/TN 3-fer.

Too Much STUFF!!

:allgood:

Kimmel was funny tonight - in the "This Week of Uneccessary Censorship" - he included

Simon and Lakisha's kiss. FUNNY - I LOVE JIMMY - Can't wait til next Thursday's show.

I'll be in Houston, so I've been deleting on my DVR like crazy (of course I had to watch

all of them before deleting!), making room for all the shows that will be on while I'm gone!!

I got a big wake-up call - I watch too much television!!

(and also stay up too late... nighters!) :couch1:

eta: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

my 69th post!!
Edited by cha cha trusty

Have we seen this yet? I haven't. I thought it was cute and funny.

Clay video

Bless his heart........... :cryingwlaughter: Cracked me up, I tell ya!!! LOL

Wahhhhhhhhh....no one reads my posts. I posted that link yesterday morning. Wahhhhhhhhhhh...

....and just to add to the dislike for me...*g*...Conan, IMO, has done some good stuff. He's been the producer of one of my favorite shows lately, "Andy Barker, PI" (starring his former cohort Andy Richter). Having said that, though -- I just don't watch his late night show. Never did really -- I'm usually in bed. And most of his stuff standup wise is just to sophomoric for my taste. As far as him and Clay goes....Conan the non-barbarian seems to just have a thing for the Clay and just can't admit it. JMO.

Have we seen this yet? I haven't. I thought it was cute and funny.

Clay video

Bless his heart........... :cryingwlaughter: Cracked me up, I tell ya!!! LOL

Wahhhhhhhhh....no one reads my posts. I posted that link yesterday morning. Wahhhhhhhhhhh...

....and just to add to the dislike for me...*g*...Conan, IMO, has done some good stuff. He's been the producer of one of my favorite shows lately, "Andy Barker, PI" (starring his former cohort Andy Richter). Having said that, though -- I just don't watch his late night show. Never did really -- I'm usually in bed. And most of his stuff standup wise is just to sophomoric for my taste. As far as him and Clay goes....Conan the non-barbarian seems to just have a thing for the Clay and just can't admit it. JMO.

Oopsy Daisey. My bad.............. :F_05BL17blowkiss: I love you, I swear, and I did read your post, but I missed reading it as a link. It's hard when I have to read and post on the run all the time. Like this drive by post..............*g*

The petty bitch side of me gets perverse pleasure reading things like this:

Of course, where Britney goes, controversy follows, so as soon as she wrapped up her first of these 15-minute concerts, detractors started whining and moaning about the fact that she lip-synched throughout the entire show. Um...correct us if we're wrong, but did Britney ever NOT lip-sync? Come on, it's not like the girl was ever known for having LaKisha Jones-style pipes in the first place. Going to a Britney gig expecting to see her sing live is, er, well...like going to an Ashlee Simpson gig and expecting to see her sing live...

From the Yahoo home page link to a little story about people complaining that Britney lip-synched at her recent "I'm BAAAAACK!" performances.

heh.

ON another note: just got back from the first meeting for Carrie's summer tournament softball team--went over the schedule. Crap. If they make the regionals I won't be able to go---it's the weekend I'm on my way to our company's week-long conference in Miami (and my stops on the way in Frisco and Houston.) I'd be missing that tourney with or without Clay concerts, though.

If the team makes the nationals, however, guess what? The nationals are in Las Cruces, NM, from

AUGUST 1--5, 2007.

First gaem is Aug. 1...so conceivably, even if they made it TO the nationals, they could get eliminated before the So.Cal. FourPlay Concerts...but...even if they don't make the nationals, they'll still be playing up here in their last tourney of the season that weekend. That's the tournament, folks, that produced this:

StrikeTHree.jpg

And that's the Sat./Sun. of the LA and INdio concerts.

crap. I'm still thinking......

ETA: Well, couchie....the only way I could be both the dutiful mother and drooling Clay Fan that weekend would be to rack up the miles and say goodbye to even more $$$ flying back and forth between either El Paso TX and the LA area or San Jose (if they play in Santa Clara, CA rather than in the nationals in Tx) and the LA area. If the tourney ends up being in our area, I could conceivably see the games during the day on Sat. and Sun. and...

oh, hell, I don't know.....

crap.

Edited by muskifest