# 10 It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.

Ansamcw

New thread title poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Clay Aiken ? I can?t imagine my life without him.
    • Compromise ? I have learned to live with it?.
    • Clay Aiken: not-ordinary, an acquired taste, likened to kitsch ? but has people talking
    • Gah?and stuff
    • He is such a grown-ass Southern-gentlemen type man
    • I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks! *g*

I only get to go to one concert a tour. I do not mind at all that he does something different than he did at other concerts. In fact, it is those spontaneous moments, whether during a song or otherwise, that makes for some of the most memorable and fun parts of following the tour. If he happened to do that at the concert I went to, I would of enjoyed being part of a unique experience. Those who get to go to multiple concerts get the fun of seeing something a little different everytime. How cool is that?

Prince decided to perform a different set of songs at each concert during his tour in the UK. I wonder if his fans were disappointed that they got a different set of songs at their concert than what he did at another concert?

I only get to go to one concert a tour. I do not mind at all that he does something different than he did at other concerts. In fact, it is those spontaneous moments, whether during a song or otherwise, that makes for some of the most memorable and fun parts of following the tour. If he happened to do that at the concert I went to, I would of enjoyed being part of a unique experience. Those who get to go to multiple concerts get the fun of seeing something a little different everytime. How cool is that?

Prince decided to perform a different set of songs at each concert during his tour in the UK. I wonder if his fans were disappointed that they got a different set of songs at their concert than what he did at another concert?

Hee...I'm sure there will be fans that would be disappointed he didn't sing certain songs in their set. I do think the internet has made the fandom experience a lot different. The ability to share our opinions in this very public way make the concert experience almost interactive.

yup rcknrllmom makes great montages. :RedGuy:

I would love it if Clay's concerts eventually evolve into a Grateful Dead-type experience ... where every concert was unique according to how the spirit moved them, and one song led into another and a song could last anywhere from 5 to 20-30 minutes on any given night. It was never pre-packaged. From watching Clack and realizing that, even when the set list doesn't change, Clay doesn't do the same show twice, he could be on the verge of full-blown eclectic, extemporaneous concert experiences.

AC concert - I was there in line and should have gotten tickets since I got there 6 hours earlier, except the few they gave out ended up going to people who p[ushed their way in front of the line and then I ran into people I knew that had just given tickets to strangers - all told a very frustrating night, but I did give out over 100 CNN cards that night and met and talked to some more casual fans than I. I guess it would have been worse if I was not already at the beach and had to drive 3 hours rather than the 1/5 hours I did drive and the money I paid for parking that I learned afterwards I did not have to pay.

Moments that Clay reacts with audience member (although it will never be me, ever, I promise) - I enjoy them. I think it feeds Clay and makes him perform better. His ability to connect to the audience is one of the things taht makes me feel the shows are more personalized. There has only been one show I went to once (AI2 tour)The rest I have been to at least twice since I live in tour country, so maybe that makes me feel different. Perhaps that tempers my opinon. Rarely do I feel the moment has not worked.

I think, as time has gone by, that Clay has become better at this, witness the quick comebacks to the fans who are behaving intrusively at the Christmas shows. The thing is, I don't fault him for trying so much as see it as a learning experience, perhaps the common clack makes it easier for me to let it go, I will see/hear other stuff.

Criticism on the boards

1. I think there are some people who are no longer fans and I wonder why they are still here - kind of like when some people became hypercritical and then finally admitted that their love of Constantine was stronger because he was so much better than Clay (don't you always wonder how one person, who was so offended by Clay singing Christian songs and follows Constantine, deals with his frequent appearances in churches for fund raisers?) Well, I am thinking of one person who left the fandom and that is fine, she knew when to go (actually, she might have been helped out by the mods banning her, I am not sure). But some people seem stuck here and not happy. I don't understand that.

2. It is not a few people posting negative things and moving on. It is a few people posting the same negative things over and over and over that drives me crazy and makes me a bit passive aggressive or just plain nasty, whatever.

Passsive aggressive? I think some people believe I am too outspoken, to the point where I have been criticized for it - but in life I am really such a mousey person, heh, the magic of the internet! I do admit getting into a few board fights one with a Ruben fan who thought I was a Clay fan so I must have done/said something hateful about Ruben, so she attacted me - a surprising amount on the pretty newly set up RHT.

Then there was the Blinkie lady that two of us kept posting that she should provide some valid information about the money she was raking in, including blind donations, etc. I had a lot of people I knew posting against me on that one. How can I question a charity thing, how can I questionthis longtime poster that was so sweet - Yeah, right. The thing is I am a number person and I have internet trust issues - this person was using the internet and collecting money without providing figures. Sending her money violated all the business and common sense rules I know and I offended a lot of people and pretty near got banned off the CB, I know I was pretty heavily edited.

Currently, I just gave up posting or limit what I will say on some boards because of the mods pro angst attitudes. Other times, I just limit my posts, but sometimes something just escapes, I do try and edit myself, but it is pretty much because you can't say someone is full of crap that the passive aggression leaks out. I think sometimes I cannot be respectful of people's ideas.

JNT05 - I still remember laughing myself silly over a post that one of the biggest critics did right after they saw the show the first time (archived and unchangable). It was so fangirly and thrilled with the show, then by the next day they were hyper critical. I would hear reports by people who sat next to a hyper critic, and would report how they seemed to totally enjoy it, until the intermission when they would criticize it. Now that does not mean that I believe that some people seriously did not like it - I also know of 5 (non-internet, non-serious Clay fan) people who only liked the play part and were disappointed last year that there was no play. i.e. It is fine to criticize the show, but not to beat me over the head with it again and again and again or demand it be a Tony worthy show.

With the ticket prices so high, I can understand the need to really enjoy the show, but shouldn't that be a consideration before buying the tickets looks at the tickets pinned to my den wall!

Question about Houston

If I get a hotel on the outskirts (saving money) - do you think I need a Car?

Edited by playbiller

Wasn't awwwwing over Brianna either.

Well neither was I. I was at the show and while I was vaguely aware that there was someone small and blond on the stage interacting with Clay all of my AWWWWW's were for him. So who's the real selfish bitch here? *g*

Thanks for the welcome. I really meant what I said in the check in thread, to me this board really does have a different feel to it and I'm very glad I chose to start reading here. Kudos.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

crap...now I gotta get ready for work (my once a week 12:30 to 9 shift) which means I have to find my work brain and decide what to wear. *sigh*

eta : I'm in awe of playbiller. Yes I am.

Edited by jamar1700

I was at the show and while I was vaguely aware that there was someone small and blond on the stage interacting with Clay all of my AWWWWW's were for him. So who's the real selfish bitch here? *g*

Yep, I was at the show, and I was AWWWWWing more at Clay's reaction to the little girl than the little girl herself. Although she was a sweetie, for sure. That was another of those unique moments in concert that I wouldn't trade for the world.

O/T: Have any of the McCartney fans dowloaded/bought Memory Almost Full yet? I've been listening to it for a couple of days to try and form some opinions. Do we have an off topic thread here for such a thing?

ETA: Thanks, ansa. I'd love a The Riches thread! I've watched the first 2 episodes already. I can see why Clay said to give it a chance.

Edited by luckiest1

I was at the show and while I was vaguely aware that there was someone small and blond on the stage interacting with Clay all of my AWWWWW's were for him. So who's the real selfish bitch here? *g*

Yep, I was at the show, and I was AWWWWWing more at Clay's reaction to the little girl than the little girl herself. Although she was a sweetie, for sure. That was another of those unique moments in concert that I wouldn't trade for the world.

O/T: Have any of the McCartney fans dowloaded/bought Memory Almost Full yet? I've been listening to it for a couple of days to try and form some opinions. Do we have an off topic thread here for such a thing?

Yup we do. I think in the entertainment area.

You can try to start a thread...I think members can in that area. If it does not work pm me and I will start it.

I was going to start a The riches thread...are 'all checking that out?

What does make me cringe when the fans try to create these special moments...or recreate something that happened before...it just ain't the same.
Gawd, yes...and unfortunately there are a few that KEEP trying....

jamar, welcome! Yep, this here's a pur-tee interesting place to be. :imgtongue:

And YES! rocknrlmom gives GREAT montage! :hubbahubba:

Brianna? Cute little girl...but Clay's face during it all? Pricelessly gorgeous!

I don't wanna sign off 'coss I have too much to get done today at work and I'd rather stay here and blahblah but I have to go. :angry22:

Later, peeps!

luckiest1, I'm going out to get the new McCartney this afternoon, as soon as the dishwasher guy leaves. I'm also picking up the new live Springsteen album.

While I'm waiting, I'm watching the first episode of "The Riches." Very cool. I had read about it 2 months ago and thought I would like it, but just forgot. Clay's gotten me hooked on it though.

Later taters.....

rcknrllmom, your montages are simply fabulous! I am in awe! Thanks for the reminder keepingfaith.

Is it okay if I fame-ho a little and ask if anybody has ever watched my meager efforts? I don't know if they made their way here to FCA or not. Black Velvet was my first ever, and Once Upon a Dream/Dream On my third. (#2 is just a montage of my wallpapers).

Dear lord, YES - if you're gonna get a hotel in the outskirts of Houston, you need a car - in fact, you just about need a car period in Houston...

I've gone into serious lurker mode on the boards, for a variety of reasons, but mostly because it stopped being fun for me. For me it's about joy and fun and has been from the start. I don't get the angst and the worry BUT that's me. That is who I am in RL.

EEEEE! Did someone say champion was here? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Right back at ya, jamar and rcknrllmom:F_05BL17blowkiss: and all the wonderful members here. I have been lurking and enjoying my time here so much. I just bolded what I could have written myself, I am lazy like that.

I'm such a happy camper...so excited for :Tour3: . I love this incredible hobby of mine...and I'm getting to know my way around the board and look forward to getting to know everyone better.

Is it okay if I fame-ho a little and ask if anybody has ever watched my meager efforts? I don't know if they made their way here to FCA or not. Black Velvet was my first ever, and Once Upon a Dream/Dream On my third. (#2 is just a montage of my wallpapers).

IIRC, there is not much meager about your efforts, cindilu2. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Now, stop tempting me to watch at work! :cryingwlaughter:

Welcome, champion124! So great to see more people posting and feeling comfortable to do so.

Sometimes I think the board rules breed passive/aggressive behaviour. I know I'm guilty of it at times, when what I'd really like to say is 'I think you're full of shit'. But I can't. :eusa_whistle: I think a goodly amount of 'snark' would be more aptly labled passive/aggressiveness.

AMEN to that....I want to sometimes tell some to shut the F up...cant do that either......mostly the rules have turned me into a lurker elsewhere and as you can see here, it is a hard habit to break.....I have opinions...just darn scared to talk about them sometimes...lol....

Now how do I feel about the Little John moment, the JNT 05, the audience participation...i love it all. It makes Clay unique. I am a big fan of unique. I am also a huge sap at heart.....I cry at about anything. But you know what..I wouldnt change any of it.....It just all is. How lame is that.

When I faced my mortality 5 years ago...it changed a lot of things.... I always found the good...most of the time, tried to find the happiness...most of the time....Complained...more than now. Didnt take any risks...then the dr said..."I have some tough news." and it changed everything....I REFUSE to angst or worry about Clay ...what good does it do....Clay is my JOY , so to speak....he is my good. My daughter and I have gone places we never thought we would, met people who otherwise we didnt know existed...just plain have been having a helluva grand time!! And I like to think it carries over in my every day life...my kids tell me I am crazy...I say thank you....

cause god if you didnt laugh, and feel good...what is the point??????

and so I am rambling...but hey, I am a rambling ...woman....

Jamar Great to see you here too!!!!!!!!

rcknrllmom, I adore your montages and watched a couple of them this morning on YouTube. Catching up is always educational -- never more so than watching "Just Like Heaven" and realizing that Clay's sexy-fingers-playing-with-micstand thing is nothing new!!!! Oh, and Clay looks so hot in black & white! And "Beautiful" and "You Make Me So Very Happy" speak for themselves. Thank you for putting these together with such care and flair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ5Y7HbxRMY

That is so very very nice....I sometimes have hesitated to share them.....not one of the ones everyone rushes to and says omigod that is great...just cause...BUT it is so NOT about that...I love to find that song, and try to convey how it makes me feel or the vision in my head. I blame my daughter for getting me started! lol...the amount I have made is scary...but dont do it as often as before....always waiting for that next song to speak to me.....

cindilu...loved those...saw them when you first did them and shared!

oh...hey someone suggested Sex Machine for the next one! what do ya think??? lol...another one that wont get posted on um, another board...

Edited by rcknrllmom

Waves to Jamar, who probably doesn't reallyt know me or would have more discerning taste, heh

OK - I am renting a car anyway, I will just keep it a while longer - Is there a way I can get from the airport to the city and rent a car there - save 12 dollars a day!

Edited by playbiller

oooh, rocknrlmom or cindilu or any other montage geniuses out there! I heard an oldie but a goodie the other day and immediately thought how hAWT it would be to have a Clay montage to it....

Any takers? :whistling-1: (I've bolded the parts that especially....er....evoked Clay images :hubbahubba: )

Bill Withers---Use Me

My friends feel it's their appointed duty

They keep trying to tell me all you want to do is use me

But my answer yeah to all that use me stuff

Is I wanna spread the news that if it feels this good getting used

Oh you just keep on using me until you use me up

Until you use me up

My brother sit me right down and he talked to me

He told me that I ought not to let you just walk on me

And I'm sure he meant well yeah but when our talk was through

I said brother if you only knew you'd wish that you were in my shoes

You just keep on using me until you use me up

Until you use me up

Oh sometimes yeah it's true you really do abuse me

You get in a crowd of high class people and then you act real rude to me

But oh baby baby baby baby when you love me I can't get enough

I and I wanna spread the news that if it feels this good getting used :whistling-1:

Oh you just keep on using me until you use me up

Until you use me up

Talking about you using me but it all depends on what you do

It ain't too bad the way you're using me

Cause I sure am using you to do the things you do

Ah ha to do the things you do

Love that song Muski and it would make a great Clay montage!!

Loving all the convo today..unfortunately won't be able to respond and chime in until late tonight...as tonight begins my stress class :cryingwlaughter: Don't know why it takes 6 weeks to learn everything but ok.. ...

You'll all be shocked to know that I don't mind the OTT criticism or the OTT praise or the mediocre stuff. I want it all!

Seriously.

Claygasm and I aren't twins on this one. I was at AC too. And I took some really cute pictures of John/Clay. And I love them. I thought the whole thing was just precious.

th_John6.jpg th_John5.jpg th_John3.jpg

th_John4.jpg th_John2.jpg th_John1.jpg

I'm an easy bitch though, because I pretty much just take things for what they are at the time. If I love it, I'll watch again. If I don't... I won't. But I'm still glad for what it was when it happened. And I might love it at the time, because I'm in the Clay Aiken fog and later think, WTF was that and how did I get sucked in so easily. Hee. PLUS, I guarantee if I was in attendance at the Virgin Signing, that banner up there would be my favorite banner evah! There's so much that goes into our emotions about this stuff -- I can't judge other people for expressing whatever they are feeling. In fact, I want them to. It doesn't harsh my mellow or ruin an experience for me.

It all goes back to everyone's here for a different reason. Everyone's getting something else out of it. Everyone "likes" Clay on a different level. Thinking back to my own range of feelings for the guy during the course of my fandom, I gotta think that everyone has at least one of those feelings going on at one time or another. And I can respect that. And most definitely their right to have them and express them. As long as nobody is telling anyone else how to feel or how to express their feelings, I personally think there is room for everyone on these boards.

As for people no longer being fans... I think it's a hard thing to let go of (I'm not talking about people who want to see harm come to Clay; I'm talking about fans who can't find much to like and are struggling with it). We've all spent a lot of time together, and on this fandom. It's a bit of a habit. And we've developed some friendships. When my friends are grappling with their feelings, it makes me feel for them. I don't want them to shut up about it. I mean, I've had my own share. I've got VERY mixed feelings about ATDW. Somedays I listen and don't really like most of it. Other days I like it for exactly what it is... Other days I like it just because it's my Clay. And that is a HUGE part of this whole fandom thing. I have feelings about him. If I don't like the next Robbie Williams CD, so what... I just don't buy it - nothing lost for me. If I don't like the Clay CD, well, that's WAY more complicated. So I give people a HUGE amount of space for their genuine feelings. Hell, it took me months to like his long hair...and I bitched about it plenty, and my board friends all hugged me over it and I appreciated that immensely... and suddenly... I'm thinkin' it's pretty cute. Heh! Of course, now he's cut it all off! :lol:

There are definitely people in the fandom that are simply here to fuck with other people or who constantly insist on telling other people how to be a fan. That's my personal line. But I bet we all have a different list of who those folks are. And we all have different lines. And it's interesting to me to hear where everyone draws theirs.

Anyway, I typed all this out and now it seems stupid, but I'm posting it anyway and I promise I won't go back to it again... I think I've said this 9000 times now. :lol:

:sickyet:

p.s. I loved the JNT2. In all it's cheesy goodness. I adored it. But then, I still love Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella, and that shit is cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese to the max! Serious Velveeta. I have the whole soundtrack on my iPod... Hee. *sings* Ten Minutes Ago I saw you....

Edited by YSRN

Nah, YSRN, it doesn't sound stupid - just that you are a lot more accepting of other people's point of view, I think...

I know perfectly well I'm not particularly good at that traditionally female ability just to listen to people vent - I tend to take 'venting' as a precursor to 'attempting to fix' - because if I'm bitching about something, I want them to change whatever the hell it is to what I want - and if I keep venting to someone about a point of view, I want that someone to come around to my point of view. I've never seen the point of Monday morning quarterbacking. The fandom is slowly bringing me around to the point of view that people are really just complaining, and don't expect anything of it. I don't think I'll ever really understand it though. Stuff I don't like, I'll say bad things about it, then stop thinking about it.

Cheese of all types is good though.

On the passive aggressive front, I know perfectly well I am quite capable of that as well, as well as being plain ole aggressive - I wanna win. Period. I like crushing my opponents, and doing a little dance around their smouldering remains.

oh...hey someone suggested Sex Machine for the next one! what do ya think??? lol...another one that wont get posted on um, another board...
OK, I just have to ask .... which Sex Machine are we talking about -- the Sly & The Family Stone instrumental from the Stand album ... or the James Brown song?

ETA: In re-reading this, I think we all know what Sex Machine we're talking about. But what about the song?

Edited by keepingfaith

OK, I just have to ask .... which Sex Machine are we talking about -- the Sly & The Family Stone version from the Stand album ... or the James Brown version?

:cryingwlaughter: I love this board.Can't wait to hear your prefernce.

OK, I just have to ask .... which Sex Machine are we talking about -- the Sly & The Family Stone version from the Stand album ... or the James Brown version?

James Brown one is the one I have.....dont think I have heard the other one...which is best one?