#25: TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"
    • He is not perfect, he is just right!
    • But Clay turned it on, as he always does.
    • I?ve got my Clay Aiken boogie board. Bring it.

I've never smiled & cried at the same time so much in my life.

HE is amazing.... :wub:

From CH:

Clay was outstanding, especially as Brother Maynard. He used a totally different voice and was hysterical!! The 3 characters he played seemed like totally different people -- He's an ACTOR y'all!!!

The new little bit in the "Knights of the Round Table" song were really good and he got to use the frying pan of talent a little bit.

The only tiny thing I noticed was he has a little trouble clopping the coconuts together at the end, but otherwise he was marvelous!!!

WOW. What a night this has been. Gorgeous press photos, YAY! So glad that we got some official-type clack. And a blog to boot! What a guy. And I didn't think I could him more today than yesterday, but of course I do.

I can't believe I'm still up at this hour. LOL. I can go to bed with a smile on my face tonight, that's for damned sure. :hubbahubba:

I need to go to bed, but I can't stop smiling....

What a great Knight! Group {{{{{hug}}}}} FCA!!!

Greetings from Aiken-town (aka NYC).

We have the BEST BOYFRIEND EVER, y'all. Beyond amazing -I don't even have the words. He is a natural - pure and simple. Born to be on the stage. Loved the whole show - it was funny beyond expectations. Laughed until I had tears in my eyes several times. The Guard, Brother Maynard and Sir Robin might have been three different people - he made each one unique and awesome. And his voice - just. gah.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have tickets for tomorrow night as well - but there is no way that just once more will be enough. Hell - I only need one kidney, right? RIGHT?????

BEST (K)NIGHT EVAH!!!!

photos from getty images

Greetings from Aiken-town (aka NYC).

We have the BEST BOYFRIEND EVER, y'all. Beyond amazing -I don't even have the words. He is a natural - pure and simple. Born to be on the stage. Loved the whole show - it was funny beyond expectations. Laughed until I had tears in my eyes several times. The Guard, Brother Maynard and Sir Robin might have been three different people - he made each one unique and awesome. And his voice - just. gah.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have tickets for tomorrow night as well - but there is no way that just once more will be enough. Hell - I only need one kidney, right? RIGHT?????

BEST (K)NIGHT EVAH!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE first recaplet...hee

glad you had fun EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm BAAA-aaa-AAAck.

I have been back for a while, but sily dog needed some serious ear scratching and ball playing in the house!

Every seat was occupied in the balcony, but in the second half a half dozen opened up. I think they filled in downstairs. The balcony really was not that bad, if you don't get vertigo. It must be small theater,Ithink I have been further away in the mezzanine in some theaters.

Act one - It is easy to tell when Clay first appears - I don't even have to see or hear him - the sound of gasps and cheers greets us.

When I say he made only the smallest of movement errors through the play, I mean that. Although I got a feeling he might be adlibbing from time to time. What I saw as small errors were spacing between dancers and using the right hand for a second before switching to the left. I noticed quick small touches from Galahad and some other guy. Clay did not jump off any tables. At one point two women were dancing on something and then the scene broke up and the set darkened a little as the actors moved off stage - that was when I saw Clay give his hand to one woman getting off a box and when she was down,he almost twirled her, but aborted half way. I guess they have some liberty with movement, but it was so Ai Clay, I had to laugh a little.

Act II - Clay did his big scene with out a pregnant pause or sing bad note either with his voice or piano. He greatly over states speaking singing, this was no MGUCL from the Christmas tour. Yes, in Act II we get Glasses Clay,so he makes so many fans happy and we have long hair clay, short hair Clay and bald Clay - again, should make all the fans happy. There was on scene where Clay was supposed to be stupid - I looked with my brand new Binocs and his face was amazing, it was a face devoid of intelligence. I can't tell you how he did it, it just was.

More coming.

I'm BAAA-aaa-AAAck.

I have been back for a while, but sily dog needed some serious ear scratching and ball playing in the house!

Every seat was occupied in the balcony, but in the second half a half dozen opened up. I think they filled in downstairs. The balcony really was not that bad, if you don't get vertigo. It must be small theater,Ithink I have been further away in the mezzanine in some theaters.

Act one - It is easy to tell when Clay first appears - I don't even have to see or hear him - the sound of gasps and cheers greets us.

When I say he made only the smallest of movement errors through the play, I mean that. Although I got a feeling he might be adlibbing from time to time. What I saw as small errors were spacing between dancers and using the right hand for a second before switching to the left. I noticed quick small touches from Galahad and some other guy. Clay did not jump off any tables. At one point two women were dancing on something and then the scene broke up and the set darkened a little as the actors moved off stage - that was when I saw Clay give his hand to one woman getting off a box and when she was down,he almost twirled her, but aborted half way. I guess they have some liberty with movement, but it was so Ai Clay, I had to laugh a little.

Act II - Clay did his big scene with out a pregnant pause or sing bad note either with his voice or piano. He greatly over states speaking singing, this was no MGUCL from the Christmas tour. Yes, in Act II we get Glasses Clay,so he makes so many fans happy and we have long hair clay, short hair Clay and bald Clay - again, should make all the fans happy. There was on scene where Clay was supposed to be stupid - I looked with my brand new Binocs and his face was amazing, it was a face devoid of intelligence. I can't tell you how he did it, it just was.

More coming.

bless you play...this is exactly what I was staying up past one for

how was the audience reception...aside from the clay fans I mean...

What a wonderful evening. It was like the good old days waiting for reports. I thoroughly enjoyed it all. Thanks Merrieee and Claygasm and Heidi and KAndre for your reports on the cellstream and telephone. Thanks Playbiller and Cindilu and Lucky (who brought Cindy's reports). Also, thanks everyone for bringing over picutres and report from CV and other places. I just really felt the joy and love tonight. I can't wait to see him.

Wow, lots of pictures and they are up fast!!

Glad to see that I am not the only one that is too excited to sleep. Does anyone have any idea when the reviews will start coming in?

If there are reviews, i think they're supposed to come out about 1:30 EST

I think all the actors were spot on tonight, maybe the audience got them all reved up.

I can't believe anyone else could have sung the various strewed glory notes anywhere nearly so well - I don't know if they were added or changed for Clay or if the previous actors just strained for the notes. Each one, including the yodeling were amazing perfection and make me want audio. But, that's OK, I will hear it again in 5 days.

Applause

When ever Clay appeared in a scene

Whenever Clay danced a dance step

Whenever Clay shook his booty or snything else

When Clay sang - downing out the end of any song or the next line after a glory note

During many of the amazing dance routines or song specialties numbers no matter who was in it. I wouldhave to say Lancelot got almost as much aplause for his number solo as did Clay.

At the end, the applause was loud and long for everyone from the chorus members to the king. It was loudest for Clay and he was next to last, only followed by the king. After the king took his bow, he pointed to Clay in the line and the thounderous applause came again. Perhaps he wanted to see if we were paying attention. So they go int to the big finale number and then the lights dim and the actors move back on the stage waving and Clay does his little salute before returing to waving like everyone else. I don't know if it was a slip or if it was intentional to his fans and/or his brother.

What else do you want to know.

There are way many stairs up to the last row of the balcony.

There is a lot of gilt on the ceiling along with nudes and cherubs.

You are welcome all, I was thrilled to attend.

Playbiller, what did you notice about the audience reactions?

Everyone seemed very happy. I wassitting with the poor Clay fans and the people who wandered in fof the streeet at the last minute, so no one seemed unhappy. Lots of applause, lots of laughter. I did npto run around randomly interviewing people though, not my style.