#31: The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man with the titanium balls - and the voice to back them up!
    • OMG, chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills
    • They are seeing what WE see ? a brilliant, intelligent, and genuinely funny and lovely man.
    • Clay Aiken, I love your mad talented, tender-hearted, freakin' Broadway star, soul!
    • I'm totally jonesing for Clay Aiken's voice right now. God! I need to be sedated.
    • I could listen to that Raleigh son rattle on all day long. He makes me smile.
    • The whole damn thing was perfect!

Two big crape myrtles down, two japanese maples to go...

:F_05BL17blowkiss: liney and jmh! Not dead yet... (but feelin' seventy). :lol:

For the librarians from Betty897x :)

th_IMG_0270.jpg

Spent all afternoon cleaning my living room and reorganizing a closet so I could put some stuff away that cluttering up the floor..I really hate clutter and it is so nice to see my carpet again...it's blue, who knew?

Kim

Well as all the Spamaloters head out to the show tonight....I'm snuggling in the bed and playing on my computer. I'm staying with cindilu and Lucky and Annabear (weeeee who decided to come last minute). I went to the matinee earlier today..very energetic audience and performers. Clay cracked me up again staring at his ribbons...and then started playing with them..and then he kissed the flower above the ribbons.. he really milked that scene for all it was worth. I had a first row obstructed view seat but I loved it actually. There were just a few instances of some knight being in my way of Clay or in the tower scene I looked straight up Clay's nose. I also got to see some behind the stage action so that was funny. Saw some people changing clothes and scenery being pushed in and out. Oh yeah and I'm still in love with Hannah. I understand I now have a ton of avators to use of the two of them. I never really shipped Clay with anyone seriously but this might be the one. heee. I'm seeing a few new things every time... and some things have to be pointed out which just cracks me up.

After the show there was a throng of people ...I just stood in the back and watched. Jerome actually came out and took a picture of the crowd. I did get an autograph from Galahad and one of the other knights...the smelly one hee. Bradley Dean was just standing in the crowd. I did hear him tell some fans that Clay will be missed.

Anyway, I saw lots of folks I knew ...waves to toni7babe who is always so warm..I forgot to mention her the other day...Musikifest and Claygasm and lurker friend of Claygasm is also here. I will see them later. A cute little monk gave me a ticket for tomorrow's matinee which I wasn't going to attend. I also got to meet Ialreadyam....now I just have to find and meet ducky, hopefully tomorrow. I feel like I'm missing some people but I'm old...heee I'll remember later. Ha, not so old...waves to Permaswooned.heee. I saw her and her smile as well. Also some old friends, not FCAers... they know who they are and waves even though they probably won't see it.

Going to settle in and watch basketball..catch up on some things. I may try to hit that stage door tonight before everybody gets out... heh. Maybe not. Maybe?

So I guess all the FCA Post Ho's must be in NYC Spammin' it up. :ole0:

I resemble that remark!!

ETA: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee forgot to do that.

SusanDavis and Clayanne just called from Juniors - they're about ready to head back for the night show. Susan said since we were there in March Clay has "soiled his pants" down to an art form. She said it was absolutely hysterical. Then when the nuns are dancing, both were stand-ins and were about the same height. When the one starts to swing the other in a circle holding on to one hand and one foot - he almost dropped her. She said Clay and Galahad were laughing outloud. The drunken guard scene was beyond funny. When we were there Clay wasn't fiddling with the ribbons yet. At the top of the spear or weapon he's carrying there are weeds and flowers. Two of the weeds were bent and were standing out at right angles. Clay noticed them and tried to fix them. Then he realized the ribbons on the lance were the same as those on his costume and he started comparing them. He was in his own little world and Prince Herbert's father was losing it!

The other funny thing that happened is when Lancelot goes to rescue Prince Herbert. When he charges up the stairs and Herbert sees him, Herbert starts flirting with him and then grabs his gown about at the crotch and squeezes. Lancelot was laughing so hard he missed his line. Then Herbert goes on to rub his body and make little hearts in the air with his fingers and then touches his chest. Lancelot finally says "oh, so you learned sign language now!" Total ad lib.

Clay came out to the stage door and Susan said there must have been over 400 people there.

Anyway - they're calling again tonite or possibly tomorrow morning as I'm going out soon.

p.s. Clay still wearing the striped socks and pulling his pant legs up during the finale!!! Everyone thinks it's a message to his fans/

Oh... yes bottle I'm posthoing heee...

does anyone by chance have an extra Finding Sir Robin pin? I was down to one but forgot that I had promised one to cindilu ... she's trying to give it back to me but she designed the thing...I can't keep it.

I'm surprised Clay's album hasn't leaked before now. Glad that if it were going to it did late in the game. That's just the way things are now. There are people out there who will only download it.... I know because I download everything and the only person I buy is Clay. It's so close now that I will just wait.

p.s. Clay still wearing the striped socks and pulling his pant legs up during the finale!!! Everyone thinks it's a message to his fans/

"Help, I'm out of clean clothes!", maybe? I can do laundry! I'm on my way there! (I wish...)

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Love you, Ms. Tomato. Thanks for checking in. :lilredani:

I have a spare of the Finding Sir Robin pin I can send ya. Let me know.

Bringing afternoon recaps over via laughn post at getclayaiken:

Spamalot intermission report from xxx4clay at CV...

Intermission report from toni7babe:

The show is sold out - natch!

Loads of fans there today - who woulda guess it? So, of course, Clay gets big cheers whenever he appears.

Toni says the whole cast seems to have stepped it up a notch as everyone is very energetic.

Jason - the waiter from Juniors who provided the Clay story made it to the show. He has befriended many Clay fans and they have befriended him right back. I think he likes those $100 tips!

There was a different nun and monk this afternoon. They kinda messed up their dance a bit so the nun made the sign of the cross twice and then grabbed herself a drink in Camelot. Hee.

Toni got loads of tongue. Figuratively I think. Not sure.

Lucia made it in from Brazil and is so excited to be there! She still loves Clay Aiken!

This may surprise you - toni loves this show and thinks Clay is all kinds of cute. She wishes we could all be there with her in her front row seat.

I think that’s the gist of it.

From earlier today -toni7babe's phone report to xxx4clay at CV

Oh yeh, the tidbit. As they were closing down Juniors last night, one of the waiters told them Clay and Jerome had been in earlier that week. Now this is a biggie! Hold on! Clay ordered a bacon cheeseburger, medium rare! And he left a $100 tip!

more from this afternoon...

Post-show report from spot. Just a couple of funny things from today's matinee.

During the Camelot scene, one of the girls was shaking her shoulders at Clay. He started shaking his shoulders back at her and said, "Give it to me baby!"

During the swamp castle scene, Clay starts playing with his ribbons and then stood up on tiptoe to sniff the flowers at the top of the lance. Then he discovers the ribbons on top of his helmet match the ones on his lance and he's all delighted! The whole time Prince Herbert's father was just staring at him getting more and more frustrated, and it was hilarious.

She said the Tom/Lancelot scene just went on forever and ever and was soooo funny. At one point Tom kind of brings knee up and starts rubbing it inside the gown very suggestively. Audience is dying. When the audience finally dies down enough for Lancelot to say his line, he says "He knows sign language."

She said the crowd outside the theater right now is HUGE. I could hear them screaming through the phone.

SmartyPantsSuz caught the bouquet today.

from cotton at CV...

I just got a call from Claygirl9131! She and Diane (another one of our 'local gals') made it to NYC in time for SD but on the 'wrong' end of the barricades and behind folks so didn't get their Playbills signed. Green sweater, V-neck, with different colored bands at the wrist, dark purple T-shirt, jeans, black sneakers. Could only see the back of his head. smile.gif

He looked happy.

They used the ticket/non-ticket barricades, so the people hwo go to the show should get a better chance of seeing him.

Guess who they discovered (after landing) had been sitting right behind them on the plane???!!!

Quiana!

She heard Q talking on her cell phone, saying Chamberlin! Answer the phone! giggle.gif

So she asked Q if she was seeing the show and she said she had seen it SIX times (like that was a lot! LOL) and that Angie comes in tomorrow. "We have album promo starting Tuesday, right?" Quina said!

And - Nick picked her up from the airport!

(Are Nick and Briana living in NYC now?)

from CV...

Had a call from AAIT right after the show and we talked for a long time.

She said the audience was On Fire as was the cast. It was a huge Clay crowd much like opening weekend except there wasn't the "ohmigod can you believe he did that?" element from opening night. Very excited but not that raw excitement if that makes sense.

She said at the end the King put his hands over Hannah's head like an "applause meter" kind of thing and she got great cheers. But then he put his hand over Clay's head I think they broke the applause meter. Well, they would have if there'd actually been one!

I listened as she waited outside the stage door and I could tell it was a huge crowd - very loud. Much screaming even before Clay arrived on the scene.

And when Clay arrived? I thought the crowd broke AAIT's phone they were so loud!

More from toni next if anyone's reading.

Report from toni7babe -

Just gonna hit the highlights here.

She said the guard scene was the funniest she has ever seen. Said Clay played with his ribbons, fingering them lovingly one by one and it went on forever and Prince Herbert just stood stock still watching him intently. Then Clay smelled his flowers - again slowly, one by one, and again, it went on forever until everyone on stage was just cracking up. Except Clay of course, who was preoccupied with his ribbons and flowers.

Once again, with the peasant, the cast "found their Jew." Older lady who "played her role" to perfection.

Toni claims she got tongue during YCSOB. You can decide for yourself if she's being truthful here.

Huge crowd at the stage door - toni was on front row for the show so was not even close at the SD. No pics. Clay had on the green sweater with the pink and yellow. And don't pretend you don't know which one I mean.

bolding mine...

from CB tiggy52winkle

Last half report from ClaysFayevorite:

I couldn't understand much of this part but the Knights of Ni said, "Did you hear that Obama took Guam?" Couldn't make out what the next line was but the King cracked up.

The guard scene was totatlly over the top! Best one that they've ever seen. The men in front and beside them were hysterical! Clay didn't braid the ribbons but he did look up and got on tip toes and smelled the flowers on the spear. Then he compared the ribbons on his hat to the ribbons on the spear. Tooooooo funny. Herbert's father just watched in amazement. Clay backed up so hard against the castle when he started to follow Herbert's father out that she thought it was going to fall down.

At the finale he held up 4 fingers last night during curtain call. Tonight he held up 3. They figure he'll hold up 2 tonight, indicating that he only has 2 more performances. Sniff..... No contest with Hannah today. The King held his hand over Clay's head and the applause sounded like thunder!!! Hannah just rolled her eyes up and then looked down. When she looked up she had a big smile and looked at Clay like, I can't compete with that!

CV and IBG were in the mezzanine and couldn't even get out because there were so many people in the theater.

She heard NJUs talking on their cell phones telling people how good the show was and how amazing the crowd was.

I don't know if it was last night or what but maybe the Knights said something about the Naked Cowboy and Clay strummed the ole air guitar! Funny!!!

The peasant this afternoon was a Jewish lady and the King said, "We've found our Jew!"

Last week I saw a pair of cowboy boots sitting by the wall of the parking garage and next thing I see this man standing there. About the time it connected in my head, zip went the zipper, down came the pants and the tidy whities said "Naked Cowboy" on the back! Slipped into his boots and he was ready to hit the streets. Wish I'd had my camera out! I'd have liked a shot of him with all his clothes ON! Bet I could have made some money with that picture. He does have a nice tan.....

This report can travel.

from CBNinamae

From CP and Clayishope

.just heard from them in front of the theater....

They were a little late getting to the matinee, got off at the wrong stop and had to walk about 14 blocks and then the stairs going in just about did them in...but they made it just the same and said of course it is all worth it....said that Clay didn't do the shimming as much in the bottle dance but really shimmed it up with the girl dancer.....said it was so cute...they were way back at the stage door....said it was soooooo crowded and full of fans of course....One thing they said was so cute....Jerome came out first and ask if there was a Marilyn or some such name there....no one answered....then when the crowd realized she wasn't there....everyone started raising their hands saying, Its me, I'm here.....even some of the guys started doing it....said it was very funny... Of course they are very excited to be in New York and just waiting for the show tonight and seeing lots of board members from CB, CVand CH....

Just call me postho!!

I just wanted to put this on main

Cha Cha Trusty found o'lunnys WE WILL BE MEETING THERE TOMORROW NIGHT AFTER THE LAST SHOW.

here is a link to various things, including the menu.

link

The positives is that it is open until 4 Am and serves food until 3 Am and is close walking distnace from the theater.

145 W 45th St, New York 10036

Btwn Bway & 6th Ave

Be there or be square.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: ldyj, I never know if you want all those things here. I am known to be a recap junkie, and I am quite insatiable. hee.

I don't think I'm quite ready to let it go, this whole Spamalot thing. I know it's time and all...but I am going to be clinging to every moment till the time comes.

eta...like this from canuck at CV...bolding mine

Hi all!!! We're about to head out to the evening performance. Just had some NY Pizza with gareem, ltg, p'ivey and smartypants we talked CLAY,CLAY CLAY!!! hysterical.gif

The Edison lobby is a hotbed of the Claynation and tons of fun.

I haven't read anything so dont' know what's been posted but Curtain call was hysterical! Everyone got great applause and then Clay came out and the whole main floor rose as one and I quickly looked over at Hannah and she was a bit omg.gif and Sir Galahad was grinning from ear to ear. It was AWESOME!!!!

STAGE DOOR - unbelievable crowd - I couldn't get close enough to see Jerome's head so had no chance of seeing Clay's but I have pictures of the raised cameras - awesome.

gareem and lovethatguy broke their cherries and had a fab time and loved it. I'll let them do their own recaps.

Clay was uber=amazing in the show - GAH - he is an ACTOR!!!! and a great ACTOR!!!!

I'm in heaven - totally and without reservation.

Gotta run! Tried to call Leroy but got a message saying number changed so if you're here, babe, PM me your phone number and we'll try later or tomorrow!!!

So this won't get lost....for atinal...

I've gotten both Western Digital and Seagate external hard drives, and have no problems with either. My husband did have a problem with a Western Digital one though, but we think it was because he left it plugged in all the time, and the power gave out for some reason. I know people who have hated both brands too, but as I said, I've had no problems. My current one is a Seagate.

ok now I'm just messing with bottle heee

Laughn yes please always bring things over the you do for GCA. Also if someone could bring over Spot's recap that would be great. I know she's only up to the rehearsals.

Glad to hear that the last Spam weekend is going so well! I'm sure the Spamalot people will miss him. He's brought in great crowds and has provided great publicity for them. He's talked about Spamalot in numerous interviews, and given backstage tours on several shows. A lot of people have heard about Spamalot because Clay has been in it. And, of course, he adds so very much to the show, and will be missed for that reason, too. It's really been a win-win situation!

I'm not going in search of the leaked album. I've already listened to all of the snippets out there, and I don't want to spoil the album any further for myself. I want some surprises when I get the album in my hands! Of course, I'm hoping that one of the copies I've ordered will arrive in the mail on Monday, but if not, I'll be buying it at midnight.

I'll be going to the CD release party in downtown Denver on Monday night. There's a nice group of fans that will be meeting there, including several that I've traveled with to concerts in the past. It will be fun to see them! And since we will be buying the album from the Virgin Megastore at midnight, there are promotional posters and stuff available through the label. Apparently that's true for all of the parties around the country that will be buying CDs at Virgin Megastores.

I can be a postho with the best of them!

laughn, don't worry about it -- I try my best to bring over the recaps, but I frequently miss some. If you bring them over -- more power to ya!

I'm surprised at how sad I am that Spamalot is just about over. I know this has been fantastic for him, and really, it has been for us too. At the same time, I know things must move on -- and he's got so much to look forward to in the next few weeks/months/years.

The ride is just beginning, I feel....

Thanks for bringing my Quiana post over. I just can't keep up since the job started!

Here's my musing for tonight and the weekend . . . Since I can be there only in my imagination!

There's a chattering buzz bouncing from the walls and ceiling of the old theater.

An occasional shouted greeting breaks through the hum, above the din. Friends smile across the expanse of seats, waving an unspoken exclamation of shared anticipation.

Playbills, jackets, purses rattle. People line up for a last chance at the bar. Or the restroom.

Over and under it all there's an electricity like no other.

They all prepared for a uniquely shared experience. What is about to happen will never be repeated. Oh, the show will play again. But nothing will ever quite the same as THIS night. A line here. An eyebrow raise. Laughter in an unexpected place. A new gasp at some slight tinkering from a player onstage.

Soon, the preshow announcement and overture will briefly quiet the audience, bringing audience and players together. Like saying, "Buckle up, we're in for a once in a lifetime ride".

They make a pact, players and those on the other side of the fourth wall. The crowd agrees to open themselves up. The players agree to give their all, pouring it out beyond the lights into the laps of those who have come.

To forget about the world.

Forget troubles. Forget work. Forget real life.

And allow themselves to be carried to another place. Another time. Allow their eyes, their ears to open in a new way. To allow their hearts to open a bit.

The players say, "Let's make believe!"

When we were little we said, "Play like . . ."

And so - close your eyes for a moment. Listen. To the rustle. The cacophony. The buzz.

The yearning to be entertained.

Now, the lights blink. The room quiets.

And musicians, actors, costumers, makeup artists, lighting and stage hands and a multitude of offstage craftsmen blend their various talents . . .

and make . . .

Magic!

Hold on! You're in for a rollercoaster ride to the Bright Side of Life!

And in the center of it all - on this night - is a Nerd cum Superstar - a most unlikely Knight!

Spot's recaps to date: They are fun and detailed and a little like reading War and Peace, considering she's not finished yet...but I love them...They are so big, I'm putting them in two separate posts...here you go Couchie

Broadway: On My Way There, Part 1

Tuesday, April 22

I've been watching the auctions and wondering if it's worth trying a bid for the walk-on role. Surely it will go for a bundle. *Sigh*.

5 p.m. Wednesday, April 23

The walk-on auction is stuck at around $4200. But the really big money will come out in the last two minutes. Oh well, maybe I'll give it a try anyway. Wait a minute -- what's this? ALL BIDDERS MUST BE PREAPPROVED?!?! Crap! The auction closes tomorrow morning! Am I too late? *Hits submit button begging to be approved*

9 p.m. Wednesday, April 23

*Phew*. Email arrives pre-approving me to bid. *Phew*. I think.

7:00 a.m., Thursday April 24

I drag my ass out of bed in time to watch all five auctions, which are closing within 20 minutes of each other. The champagne toast and tickets double in price. The dinner goes for the $22K it's been showing for a while. And not surprisingly, spooky snaps up both costume items for whatever it takes.

7:50 a.m., Thursday April 24

The walk-on auction is closing in three minutes. It's jumped in price only once, about 30 minutes ago. But who knows what's lurking in the shadows.

45 seconds to go. I type in a moderately embarrassing 4-digit number as my maximum bid. Hopefully I can dribble money into PayPal from the secret Cayman accounts and hubby won't notice. Aw, who am I kidding -- I'm not going to win this. No guts, no glory. *clicks submit*

10 seconds to go. *clicks confirm*

*Blink*. *Blink*.

3 seconds to go and I'm the winning bidder?

*Refreshes page*.

*Blink*. *Blink*.

Gulp.

I actually won. And for a fair bit less than the embarrassing number I typed. Maybe MrSpot won't kill me after all.

Gulp.

"HUUUN - neee....ummmm....I just did something....."

*MrSpot's eyes roll completely out of his head across the front porch and into the shrubbery* -- hey! a shrubbery!

*spot smiles sweetly, bats her eyelashes, pours herself a stiff drink, and scurries off to check hotel rates, airline flights, and Telecharge*

8:04 a.m. Thursday April 24

I receive the following email, ten minutes after the auction:

Thank you so much for your winning bid on our auction item. We are looking forward to meeting you and welcoming you on to our stage. We need to coordinate many details with you and our management at SPAMalot.

Here are some of the details:

1. Please let us know what show you would like to perform in? The only show that is unavailable is Clay's last show at 8pm on May 4th, however any day with only 1 show would be best and most likely to be approved by management.

2. We need to schedule a costume fitting for the early afternoon of the decided performance. Again, It would be best if your selected performance would be on a day with only 1 show.

3. We need to schedule a rehearsal for you following your costume fitting. It will not be a long rehearsal but we would like to schedule a window of 1 hour to do so most likely following your costume fitting and prior to 6pm

Thanks so much for your support of our auction and we look forward to your response.

Thanks

Raisealot

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!1111!!

Later, Thursday April 24

Mr. "Raisealot" turns out to be a member of the cast, according to my Playbill. I think maybe he just volunteered to be the show's eBay auction liaison, because he answered my questions about the auction and payment.

Mr. Raisealot and I exchange emails and settle on the Thursday evening performance. I was hoping for Friday since more friends would be there, but I can understand how a weekday evening is probably easier for them. I too would rather get it over before the madness of the last weekend.

I check out hotel rates and FREAK. OUT. All the reasonable hotels are booked, and the rates at the unreasonable ones are, well, unreasonable.

TENTATIVELY, I am told about possible timing for a costume fitting and a brief rehearsal. I'm assuming that I'll be stashed somewhere backstage for the entire show, since the monk doesn't go on until nearly the end. Based on my knowledge of theater, I expect the stage manager to take me thru the rehearsal, which should consist of how he will call my cue (summon me to the stage), when and how to walk on and where to stop, how the king will open the box and get the grenade, and how fast to turn and get off the stage. And maybe a list of stupid things not to do. Based on the timing, they'll be cutting it close for opening the theater to patrons -- I'll be in costuming and on the stage during the time when all the actors are arriving backstage.

I have the craziest questions in my head, like what kind of shoes I'll have.

I am struggling to keep my expectations extra-low. Hanging out backstage will be cool, but I imagine they will corral me someplace where I'm not in the way, which makes sense. They are working, after all, and there are liability issues. I wonder if I'll need to sign some kind of waiver or if they somehow cover me for one night there.

I don't expect to meet Clay or any of the cast, as that was not promised in the eBay listing. But I'll be quite happy with meeting and talking to some of the backstage people. I'm not even sure if the cast will realize there's a stranger in play. Except for the guy who's not doing the part, of course.

I'm going to try to appear very sane, and be as little trouble to them as possible. (I hear you laughing. Stop it. NO MORE LAUGHING. Don't make me come down there.)

It would be marvelous if they put me in the green room, however they might not want an interloper in there. But who knows -- maybe the Broadway folks aren't as security-obsessed as Team Clay. I just hope they put me where there are some other people that I can talk to because I'll be sitting back there for over two hours before my little bit. Or somewhere that there's a monitor to watch the onstage action. Maybe I should bring a book just in case. What do you think, Learning to Sing? *snort*

I better get a hoodie to wear so I don't get mobbed at the stage door after my smashing debut. Hey, maybe Clay will loan me one -- like maybe that nice green number from that University somewhere? He probably doesn't want that one anymore. And I sure hope they put up those barricades in time.

Meanwhile, back to the mundane matters of booking travel. My friends come thru and I find a roommate for Friday thru the weekend at a decent price. I finally throw caution to the winds and book an expensive room near the Shubert for two nights, so I can have a nice place to throw up all day before the Thursday night show. By the time they figure out the equity in my house doesn't cover the room rates, I'll be done with my show and prepared to go to jail.

I score some decent enough single tickets for the rest of the weekend. Five more Spams? Why not. Might as well go out with a bang. Book my flights into NYC and I'm all set!

I check the CH representin' list. Pretty short for Thursday night. Well, at least toni7babe will be there, right in the front row. Maybe I can flash her.

I'm just babbling now, aren't I.

Friday, April 25

Mr. Raisealot has passed me off to the Production Stage Manager (PSM), who will be my contact from now on. PSM emails and asks for my bust and waist measurements. The nerve! Well, I'm only upset because both are pretty much the same number. Crap. They're measuring me for that rope to Jerome.

Wow! PSM gives me his phone number! I can't WAIT to call him and chat. You know, like, three times a day. We'll be BFFs! Maybe we'll text too!

Hmm. I better not mis-type PSM. That could be unfortunate. Or funny. "I gave PMS to the PSM." Heh. Okay, he's just "SM" from now on.

SM also asks if I'd be available for a costume fitting the day before. Well damn. Not exactly, since I'll be on a freaking PLANE.

I email back and give him the embarrassing measurements, and tell him when I'm getting into New York. I also mention oh-so-casually that I've done some community theater and how honored I am to even breathe the air in the Shubert, yada yada yada, suck-up suck-up suck-up.

9:30 a.m. Saturday, April 26

I call SM and he sounds pleased to hear from me. He's about to be involved in the day's matinee, so we speak briefly. He asks if I know what the role is, and I reply yes, and I've seen the show so I'm familiar with it. "Oh, good," he says, "that will make it easier." So far my evil plan is working. He thinks I'm semi-normal.

We discuss the costume fitting and he mentions a possible time, he'll have to check with the costume supervisor when she gets in. (Just how well does a floppy monk's robe have to fit, anyway? Or maybe they're going to change it into a naughty girl in nasty tights carrying a hand grenade? I can do that! I can totally do that!!)

He asks if I intend to watch the show that night. Well, uh, no. "Oh, I didn't know if you had tickets to the show or what. Well, would you like to just hang out backstage during the first act?" DUH!!!! Yes. Yes, I would. Puh-LEEEEEEZZZZ lemme lemme lemme lemme puh-LEEEEEEEZ. (Okay, I was a LITTLE more dignified than that. A little.) "Well then, I'll try to arrange that with the management here. I think we have a safe place we could put you, and you paid a lot of money for this, so we want to make it a nice experience for you." "Why thank you, SM, that's so very kind." Silent EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I hope he can't hear the thuds from me jumping up and down.

I reiterate on the phone that I've done some theater. SM seems relieved that I probably won't faint or freeze in terror or pee on the stage or knock over the set pieces. Wait. I wouldn't do that, would I? Crap. Just what I need, giving myself new ideas.

SM promises to call back later today with a time for my costume fitting. We hang up, obviously firm BFFs already. Maybe I'll text him in a bit.

Have I mentioned... EEEEEEEEEEEE!?!

To be continued.

Broadway: On My Way There, Part 2

11 a.m. Saturday, April 26

I'm in permanent about-to-soil-my-pants mode. Maybe they'll have to change the role to a cousin of Sir Robin's. Or wait a minute-- Sir Robin isn't onstage at that moment!! I could BEEE him!!! I can do that! I can totally do that!!!! Gimme that wig and tabard! And the tights, don't forget the tights. I wanna get in Clay's tights!

Okay. Beeeethe. Ommmmmmmmm. I'm going out for a 3-mile power walk to calm down. This pinging off the walls is making serious dents in the sheetrock and hubby's gonna be pissed.

1:10 p.m. Saturday, April 26

Phone rings. It's a 212 area code. EEEEEEE!! SM wants to know if I can make costume fitting at such-and-such a time. Gee, I dunno. Is the Pope Catholic? Does Sir Robin sh--well, you get the idea.

And then, guess what: my earlier mental question about shoes wasn't so off-the-wall. He asks, do I have any low-heeled brown boots? No. Do I have any brown shoes at all? No, not really. Well maybe black will do. What kind of shoes DO you have? (But don't go out and buy anything.) So I offer to take pictures of shoe candidates and send them to him; he's very pleased at that idea. And I tell him that if what I have is really unsuitable, I can run down to Goodwill and look (that's where I get all my theater shoes). "Oh, that's really sweet of you," he says. Yup. That's me. Super-sweetie-pie.

Then he says....

"So we've talked about having you backstage here, and what I'm going to do is keep you with me where I call the show..." and at this point I'm starting to pass out from shock but I manage to hear something about "you'll have to stay with me and sit on a stool, we can't let you wander around for insurance and safety reasons, but people will probably stop by and say hello, we want this to be a really nice experience for you, and then at intermission we'll take you back and get you ready..." and I manage to squeak out that I would be SOOOOO happy to get to do this and then I passed out again for a minute and then SM said he'd probably speak to me again before the show and I reminded him I'd be on a plane Wednesday and he said "Oh, ok, then I may check in with you again Tuesday but not to worry if I don't, just come to the stage door at the appropriate time and I'll see you then and have a nice day" and he was gone.

I'm getting some blood back in my brain now. I can't believe this guy is treating me like I actually belong there. I can't believe I'm gonna get to watch the Spamalot stage manager actually CALL THE SHOW. I can't believe I'm taking pictures of shoes.

I call artquest and tell her I'm gonna get to watch him call the show. "NO WAY!!!" "WAYYY!!!" She hangs up to call her stage-manager daughter and make her jealous. Heh.

Did I mention....

EEEEEEEEEEEE!?!

Yeah, okay, I thought I probably did.

I really am twelve again. I think I'm gonna cry.

6:07 p.m. Saturday, April 26

My BFF the stage manager liked my shoe pictures.

Quote:

No need to go to Goodwill. #3 are the best choice, so please bring them. Also, if you could send along your foot size, our wardrobe supervisor is going to check through her stock to see if she has anything more appropriate.

In terms of what to wear underneath, that is your choice. The costume tends to be very warm so I would suggest something light. As it's a large costume, it will probably cover pretty much everything you have on.

So now I think I'll definitely go with the naughty-girl-in-nasty-tights thing. Even if it's UNDER the robe.

If it's going to cover everything, then why do the friggin' shoes matter? *scratches head*

Did I mention.....

Okay, never mind.

11 a.m. Sunday, April 27

telecharge.com calls me to make sure I REALLY intended to order all those tickets within a three-day period to only one show. Yes, dummy, do you still not understand the Clay Nation?!?! Pfffft.

4 p.m. Sunday, April 27

ClaysFayevorite posts her CV report that the walk-on happened at today's matinee. WTF? Should I call my BFF Mr. SM and scream at him? Or just fire off an angry email? Am I being channeled by some spooky Claymate? (Sorry, spooky, not you.) Do I have a clone in NYC? Am I unconsciously practicing astral projection?

Maybe this is like that time Clay was in some bar and at the same time performing onstage several states away.

4 p.m. Monday, April 28

Clay PURDY! Sing GOOD! QVC MIND-NUMBING!

Okay, back to freaking out.

2 p.m. Tuesday, April 29

Quote:

"Easter Bonnet" Competition Raises a Record $3.7 Million

Runners-up for fundraising (all Broadway musicals): Monty Python's Spamalot ($264,900),

Well crap on a cracker. This is all my fault, isn't it. *Sob*. If I'd just bid that extra $13,000, Clay wouldn't be coming in second -- AGAIN.

*searches couch cushions for loose change*

*kicks couch*

10 a.m. Wednesday, April 30

EEEEEE!!11!! Leaving for the airport! EEEEEE!!!

8:30 p.m. Eastern time, Wednesday, April 30

Wow, look at all those lights down there. Didn’t the pilot just say we’re passing over Pennsylvania? Oooooh. There’s a big-city downtown. What could that be? Philly? Yeah, that looks like a building I’ve seen in Cold Case. Wait. Wait a minute….that’s the freaking EMPIRE STATE BUILDING! We’re flying right over Manhattan! That big blob of pulsating light is TIMES SQUARE!!! EEEEEE!! WAIT! GO BACK! I DIDN’T SEEEEEEE EVERYTHING!!!!!

So now we’re flying over Long Island and waaaaaay out into the Atlantic. Did I get on a plane to London by mistake? Wow, this is one out-of-the-way flight pattern. It’s soooo dark down there. Help! We’re going to go down like the Titanic and I’ll never get my big moment! Noooooooooooo!!!!

*Phew*. Turning around now. On the ground now. EEEEE!!!

10 p.m. Wednesday April 30

The taxi drops me at the Marriott at exactly 10 p.m. For those who don't know, the Marriott is just across from Juniors, therefore just across from the stage door. Hmmm, I thought. Wonder if the barricades are up. So, being the crazy enthusiastic fan that I am, I drag my two suitcases across the street and sure enough, the barricades are up and only a handful of people are there. I get a good spot in the corner. Just happen to have a loaded camcorder handy.

So I chat with other waiting and this little lady next to me has two things, so I offer to get one signed for her since I have nothing with me. She hands me this big-ass blowup of People page 50 with cardboard behind it. Uh...OK.

The show lets out and over 100 people are gathered at the barricade. So Clay comes out and I'm holding the camcorder way low back near my armpit, trying to hide it, 'cuz I KNOW he's gonna rag on me. So he's signing and chatting away, signing stuff all around my head 'cuz people are holding things practically in my ears, so I shove the picture a little further out and he signs it and I say thank you and he looks right at me, then he looks away, then he glances back right at me and the camera and says to Jerome, "Look at this lady just rudely videotapin' me right in my face. That's so rude of her." And I say, "You want me to turn it around?" and I turn it around for a sec. And he says, "I'm talkin' about you, yeah." Jerome just chuckles and smiles indulgently. Jeez, I’ve only been in NYC for 30 minutes and I’ve been dissed by Clay.

So I zoom waaaay in on his, uh, ASSETS after he moves away. He wants rude, he'll GET rude.

And oh yeah, I have video of eight or nine other people taking video of him too. I’ll have to watch that part to see how to be less rude, there must be a trick to it.

10 a.m. Thursday, May 1

I have a grapefruit-sized zit on my chin. Swell. It’s prom night all over again.

Half a bottle of concealer should do the trick. At least I’m not Clay – nobody will be videotaping the zit and taking close-ups of the zit and analyzing the zit and nicknaming the zit. I’m calling it Mount Everest, myself.

Hey! Maybe they’ll let me play the French Taunter instead of the monk. “Ah booost mah peeem-puls at yew!” And I can actually do it! I knew that method-acting course would pay off.

11:30 a.m. Thursday, May 1

You can have breakfast at the Marriott for approximately the cost of a Ferrari. And that includes cold coffee. Oh well, I couldn’t eat much anyway – somehow I seem to have magically swallowed the Coney Island Cyclone and it’s on endless loop. Must.Calm.Down. Maybe Clay has some leftover Paxil I can borrow.

1 p.m. Thursady, May 1

EEEEEE! I walk right into the stagedoor for costume fitting, and nobody arrests me! EEEEE!

To be continued, if I survive the next three hours.

We had to change hotels today, which was quite a production with Audrey in tow. Taxi drivers don't like taking you four blocks thru Times Square, ya'll.

Broadway: On My Way There, Part 3

1 p.m. Thursday, May1

I walk into the stage door as if I belong there. My buddy newland21 takes a photo to prove it! The stage door is like an airlock, with the exterior gold door and an interior white one. Just to the right of the white interior door is a small vertical window where the door-guardian can see who’s coming in. On this day, the second door isn’t locked so I open it myself; later that evening, it will be locked and the door-guardian has to buzz in anyone trying to enter.

I meet Leon, who’s guarding the door for the day. I open my mouth to say, “Hi, I’m – “ and he says, “What’s your name?” I tell him and he checks his list – jeez, I really AM on the list – and he says, just a sec, and calls Sheri to the stage door. Wow. I’m expected. “Good to have you with us,” he says. Wow. I’m welcome. I ask if he’s part of security, and he says, “Uhhh – yeah, we’ll say that,” and laughs. Mmm-kay. Then Sheri is already there and we introduce ourselves. She’s a beautiful blonde woman in her 30’s, one of the stage managers. I share the charming observation that I’m about to pee my pants, so she graciously offers the bathroom. Probably a good idea. She takes me into the office, which is immediately to the right inside the inner door. I notice that straight ahead, I’m actually looking onto the stage of the Shubert – it’s right in line with the stage door itself. When they say stage door, they mean stage door.

In the offce are meet Sheri’s 4-YO son, and Scott, of the dance department. I’m as good as my earlier threat and break into my time-step. He even recognizes it. Or does a good job of pretending. I’m being so cool. They couldn’t possibly tell I’m excited. Well, there’s that peeing thing.

So Sheri takes me down to the wardrobe department, which is down a narrow flight of stairs just before you enter the stage wing. A lady is on the first landing, and she says, “Ah! The walk-on lady.” Wow. My fame is spreading. Sheri introduces her as Shannon, and I say “Oh! Is this Shannon!” “No, I’m not THE Shannon, but I’m one of three Shannons with the show and I’m also a dresser.” Oops. Obviously the Shannon story gets around. Down in wardrobe I meet Linda and Alicia; at this point I’m wishing I’d brought nametags.

They put this floppy brown robe over my head. I’ll put it on three times, but even now I can’t remember exactly what it was made of – kind of a loose-weave fabric, I guess, not as rough or scratchy as burlap but looking like something a monk would wear. It has elastic at the waist and they’re checking that and tying a rope around me. The robe is a good foot too long. Did I get Jerome’s by mistake? Linda turns me this way and that, pinning it up. Meanwhile Sheri is telling me how the evening will go, that I’ll sit with her as she calls the show during Act I, then they’ll get me into costume at intermission and I’ll return to her until it’s time for me to go on. I’ll get a headset and get to watch the monitors and see how it all works. I really must have died and gone to heaven.

I ask Sheri about how she got to be a stage manager; turns out she’s a Julliard graduate. Whoa. I really am out of my depth here.

They turn me toward a mirror and I catch a reflection. ‘Oh, this is so flattering,” I observe.

I ask Sheri what the most memorable uh-oh has been in her tenure. (In my world of community theater, the stories you tell over and over are of the screw-ups.) The only thing she can remember is a time when someone threw a cigarette into an air vent and they had to evacuate because they thought the theater might be on fire. Hmm. Even the screw-ups are bigger on Broadway.

Linda says she’s always worried that something will happen to Rick on the stilts, and I ask if he’s ever fallen off them. Sheri says no, and thank goodness because there would be no way to get him back onto them. (I will later observe this process in the wings.)

Linda says, "What about the sleeves? I don't see hands at all." More pinning ensues.

I mention Frank asking for my measurements, and Sheri says Frank told her, “Oh she’s just a tiny little thing.” So I guess they put the XXL monk’s robe back into mothballs.

I ask if this robe belongs to the usual monk, but no – it’s a spare. Sheri tells me that Vanessa, the girl who is usually the monk, will go onstage with me, apparently right beside me. Pooey. I guess they think I can't handle the demands of the robe, er role.

At this point Linda discovers that somehow we’ve gotten the waist elastic catty-wumpus and a rather hilarious scene ensues where I have to step over it one foot at a time while still IN the robe before they can take the robe off. No wonder these actors all need dressers. In community theater, we live and die by Velcro.

Sheri admires my beaded jeans. (Calling artquest – thanks for that trip to Chico’s!) She asks when I flew in, and when I’m going home, and I admit that I’m going to see the show – a couple more times. Unh-huh. So she asks if I’ve seen the show before. Gee, ya THINK? I gave them the least-scary version of the dedicated Clay fan story. Sheri controlled her facial expressions admirably. She does offer that Clay has told her that many of his fans know each other and travel together, and how they got to know some faces when they were doing the photographs. “Many of them were here almost every night,” she said, and getting photos taken with him, so she got to recognize a few people.

Linda asks if I’ve seen the show multiple times, and I say yes but I won’t admit how many. So they ask who my favorites are, and I enumerate all the principals and what I like about them.

Somebody mentions the Easter Bonnet competition and I congratulate them on winning second place, which Sheri says is phenomenal for only two weeks’ collecting. I ask why Spamalot only does two weeks, and she says the producers feel that the patrons already pay a lot to come to the show and they don’t want to be asking them for more money.

So we’re finishing up and Linda says she’ll see me again for rehearsal, because they want to rehearse me wearing the costume. Sheri takes me back upstairs As we’re passing back by the door leading into the stage, I notice that the confetti from the night before is still on the stage, so I ask about how that works. Sheri tells me it’s shot out of cannons, but she’s not sure how many there are. I observe how much work it is to clean that up every night, and Sheri says that the director insisted on it to end the show with a really happy feeling.

And I’m out on the street again until rehearsal! Woo-hoo! Off to buy more Depends!

Broadway: I’m Almost There!

6:55 p.m. Thursday, May1

I arrive at the stage door for rehearsal; a new person, Rose, is guarding the door. I can already tell the difference from the afternoon, when it was fairly quiet in the theater. Now there are people everywhere, going up and down the stairs just inside the door, all over the stage. There’s a hum in the air. I’m introduced to Jim, another stage manager, who’s apparently my baby-sitter for the moment because they’re not quite ready to rehearse. Jim seems a little dour at first but in the course of my evening I will learn he’s a good egg.

He leads me onto the stage and down into the house, where we’ll sit for a few minutes to keep me out of the way. We watch as men all over the stage are checking everything and setting up for the evening’s performance.

Someone is talking on the sound system. I hear “Rick, Rick, Rick, Rick, Rick….”, then “Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom…”, then other names and I ask what’s going on. He’s checking the body mics for all the actors by calling out their real names over each specific mic.

Jim is a facts-and-figures kinda guy. He tell me that there are 88,000 pounds of set pieces that are flown in or moved onto the floor in the course of the show. The heaviest at 8000 pounds is the feet of God. I ask if that’s because of the rockets, but he says, no, it’s the mechanism that splits the feet apart. The final wedding castle and the opening drop each weigh in at about 3000 pounds.

I ask about the twinkly lights on a set piece and he says they’re in the song All Alone; there are many, many details on the various set pieces that I see as they’re testing them. I guess they add to the overall quality of the show in a subliminal way even if you never realize what you’re seeing.

I ask Jim how they coordinate the various graphic effects with the orchestra and the actors. He says it’s all computerized. (I will later learn that’s only partly true; the stage manager calls cues for a lot of it.)

We talk about the songs and I mention how much I like the number All Alone, how lyrically it’s so wonderfully comedic and yet poignant, and Jim says, Well, that’s Eric and John – meaning what great writers they are.

I ask Jim my question about the confetti cannons; he says there are eight of them. He points out four of them, two on each side in the box seats, and there are four more under the mezzanine that we can’t find. I still don’t quite understand how from the side, they get the raining-from-the-ceiling effect. (At the next night’s performance, I’ll be in the mezzanine and I see that the box-seat cannons shoot the confetti so high into the air that it meets in the middle from the two sides all the way up at the balcony level, creating the raining effect.)

Jim reiterates that I’ll be sitting with Sheri during Act 1, but that he’ll also take me downstairs to watch the elevators work.

The opening drop comes down and there’s a projection on it of some kind of grid of numbers. Jim says that’s something that tells the guy who does the film sequences that they are projecting in the right places – he says it’s for the computer geeks and laughs. I say that I am a computer geek, and Jim allows his limit is email. I ask him if doing stage management isn’t somewhat computerized these days, and he says Spamalot is about half and half – all the heavier scenery is run by computer. Jim asserts that eventually we’ll all be replaced by computers.

Jim tells me that there are 27 actors in the show and 62 people backstage. That includes stagehands, carpenters, electricians, dressers, props, wardrobe.

About that time the Star of David comes down, the one at the end of YWSOB. Jim says it cost $50,000 and it’s onstage for only 32 seconds. The red curtain that comes down behind Clay at the end of YWSOB is not really a curtain, it’s a solid and heavy drop at 3000 pounds. I never really noticed the vertical line of lights at each side before – another detail.

I ask what is the most difficult costume change in the show, and he say’s it’s probably Patsy’s (from the Mayor of Finland). I tell him I thought that was probably the one, I have mentally timed it once or twice during the show and I’m guessing it’s about 45 seconds, but Jim say’s it’s not even that long. He has to completely change clothes, put on the “baggage”, and get all that dirt on his face.

I ask about the wig changes; there are special wig dressers that do them. The actors aren’t allowed to touch them. They never put one wig over another, all the wigs are made specifically to fit each actor and they are so snug they don’t need to glue them down in the front. They’re all human hair and each wig costs $5000 or more. The wigs are re-set and re-styled for each show.

I ask Jim about the Black Knight illusion, and he says that they’re not allowed to tell how it works. Then he says that even if he told me, I still wouldn’t understand it – I’d have to see it done. It was created by the Siegfried and Roy show in Las Vegas.

I ask Jim how he got into this line of work, and he says he started in summer stock, which doesn’t exist anymore. He says it’s much harder now, you have to have connections to find work.

Sheri, Frank and Scott come down to get me; it’s time to get into costume for rehearsal. I’m so impressed with how they have planned for me and are integrating me into the evening, I’d expect they have so much to do it would be easy to forget there’s a wild-card element hanging around. But I guess you don’t get to be in charge of a major Broadway show by forgetting the details. I thank Jim for all the conversation, he says he’ll see me backstage later on.

Sheri offers to put my bag and jacket in the office as we go down to change into costume. Linda gets me into the monk’s robe; it fits nicely now, they really are wizards. She ties the rope around my waist and checks the length, which seem just right to cover my shoes. They’ve also shortened the sleeves, I notice.

So we go back upstairs onto the stage for rehearsal. Jonathan Hadary comes into the wings and shakes my hand enthusiastically; he is really a dear, dear man. He’s so much more animated as himself than he is as King Arthur, he laughs at everything and seems very happy to meet me. I also meet the lovely blonde sweetie Vanessa; she’s the ensemble member who normally does the monk part and will walk on with me. Scott, who’s apparently in charge of anything involving movement, tells me how to walk on in the robe so as not to step on it. I practice walking in the robe a bit and quickly learn not to back up, as it’s much longer in the back than the front.

Scott shows me the part of the wing where I’ll enter – it’s the far downstage wing and a very tight entrance space, so Vanessa will go out first and then I come in beside her. She’ll lead me to the right spot onstage, which is just left of center. Jonathan is watching and listening and in the course of the conversation he realizes I’ve done some theater so he jumps in and says, “You remember numbers and letters on the stage?” (He’s referring to the practice of putting a series of numbers or letters onto the very front edge of the stage; actors can use these as reference guides to hit their positions when they come on.) “Well,” Jonathan says, “we don’t use numbers, we have colors, so you come on as far as the blue.” “Got it!” says I. We exchange knowing smiles. I’m in the club!

Scott gives me the prop box which holds the hand grenade. It is a real wooden box and weighs about 12-15 pounds – a bit heavy but not bad. Scott thinks I should hold it by the bottom because of the weight. He shows me how to hold it and then how the lid opens. Because the top is rounded, when he opens it, it hits my body and it won’t open all the way so I immediately see that I must hold it AWAY from my body when it’s opened so the lid will open all the way. We practice that. I find that when the lid opens all the way, it counterbalances the box and tends to throw it backward toward me, and I don’t have any control when holding it by the bottom. I ask to try doing it with the handles. We try that and it works much better for me.

So now we do a walk-thru with Jonathan. I come out to my mark and Jonathan says, “So Clay comes on and does his bit and then he goes off, and then I come over to you, but I don’t take it out right away….” “No,” I interrupt, “first the Knights sing and you have to say ‘There’s no time for that now’.” Jonathan cracks up and slaps his knee, he thinks it’s so funny that I know his line! He looks at Scott and says, “Should I just give her the crown? I think it would fit!” We all have a good laugh. They really seem astounded and delighted (and maybe a little frightened) that I’m so familiar with the show.

So Jonathan and Vanessa and I do a run-thru -- as he comes over on his line I raise the box and hold it away from my body, he takes out the Velcro-covered hand grenade, and Vanessa and I turn and immediately exit in a larger wing upstage of the entrance one. It goes smoothly, Scott asks if I’m ok with it. I whine a little about not being allowed to do it by myself, but Frank explains the safety issues involved – what if something happened and we had to get offstage quickly, Vanessa is prepared to take me off in that case. I tell him I understand and it’s all good. Jonathan shakes my hand again and I say, “I’ll see you out there!” What a very nice man.

I mentally delight in the fact that two stage managers, a dance director, and two actors took ten precious minutes out of their busy pre-show schedule to make sure I was comfortable and prepared. And they seemed to enjoy it and not mind at all. What a BUNCH of nice people.

We go back downstairs and I take off the costume, and then Sheri tells me they’re kicking me out for a half-hour – it gets very crazy backstage just before curtain and they have no place to put me, so they’re asking that I go out, have a cup of coffee, and come back at 10 before 8 p.m. Oh! Well, ok. *Sniff*.

Outside I run into toni7babe and apparently foil a plot for a flower delivery. Oh well, it all worked out for the best – if they don’t have room backstage for even ME, I can imagine how they’d like those flowers. I would have had to give them to Clay to clutter up HIS dressing room, he must be used to that. Heh.

Thirty minutes to lift-off! EEEEEEEEEE!!!

I think it's great that Spot is sharing so much of her experience in detail. It's so fun to read about all of the details, and about how she felt each step along the way! Thanks for putting all of the recaps here, laughn.

I'm loving the recaps. At this point it's all about the Clay love at Spamalot. And where I sit, I'm all about the Clay love and I want a whole new album of new Clay music and I want it in 52 hours or else. I'm seldom demanding, but this is different. I can't wait much longer. My expectations are through the roof and I normally don't do expectations - but this isn't normal circumstances and I'm not normal right now and I want this music in a couple of days or I'm going to go crazy. I'm totally jonesing for Clay Aiken's voice right now. Just knowing the CDs are in the mail, and maybe they could come Monday and then it would even be sooner than 51 hours and 51 minutes, good God! I need to be sedated.

Ok I'll have what she's having cos I need sedated too!

Come on Tuesday!!!!!!!

Eta: Hey Gibby I think she'd rather have Clay out of the white coat.....if you know what I mean :rolleyes:

BWAH, kf!! It sounds like you're only a short step away from needing the men in white coats. Or, maybe it's that you want CLAY in a white coat!

There's a CD review thread over at CV where people are talking about the illegal download of the CD available online. Apparently they're raving about how wonderful it is. I'm very carefully avoiding that thread, because I don't want any more spoilers.

I'm just glad at this point that the CD release is so close. If it weren't I might cave and download it ahead of time! But that would spoil the fun of ripping the wrap off of that CD in desperation to hear it IMMEDIATELY, and of turning the volume WAAAAAY up in my van to hear it on the way home after buying it at midnight. No, I don't care if it's too loud for the cars next to me! This is CLAY AIKEN's NEW CD, people!!! And I'll have to be rilly, rillly careful not to get any drool on the CD case when I'm looking at those HAWT album pics in my own little hands. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

from clazedover at the CH...

That stage door today was so exciting. So many people, the man is really loved.

I stood away from the crowd and was near the buidlng on the opposite side of the alley. Noticed a tall dark curly haired handsome dude with great white teeth. He was standing with a woman in a wheelchair away from the crowd but observing every bit of it. With him was a shorter guy with a blue baseball cap. It was Galahad and Belevedere...out watching the stage door, taking it all in like the rest of us. Nobody else noticed them. Got their autographs and told them some of us plan to be back to see the show in a few weeks because we enjoyed all of them so much. He thanked me for that.

I think they are going to miss us.