#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

So, anyway, moving on, did everybody watch the Oscars last night? I switched between that and The Sopranos, got derailed for a little bit over a hamburger cooking contest. Yum. I actually went to the web site to see if they had recipes. Yep.

Looks as though that new CD will be an "old" CD, but I am still going to buy one. Just because I want one. I don't think the industry will be holding its breath and watching Legacy CD sales.

I definitely agree..best oscars in years, I havent enjoyed the oscars in awhile, but last night was so well done..the writing was funny (cept the comedy part, not funny at all, and usually thats my favorite part...where they were showing the comedies of 2008..fell short to me) and the way they did the best actors and actresses was just beautiful, everyone got praise..well done.

Can't see your boobs?

Holy hell...I wouldn't know how to walk without being able to see my boobs. I imagine the sensation would be similar to what Clay would feel if he couldn't see his.....

feet. B)

Enjoyed the Oscars, although didn't love all the commercials...whoa! Like between every single award. Would've liked more time on the actor/actress awards---showing actual clips from the movie in addition to the words from past winners---and less on the more technical awards...And definitely could've done withOUT Beyonce. I swear, she's performed in just about every awards show, hasn't she? Loved the Jerry Lewis tribute--short and sweet, but wish they'd have shown a bit more of the stars that have died. I liked Queen Latifah's song (I think she looks and sounds really good these days.), but the montage in the background was really difficult to follow, IMO.

Hugh Jackman is a BABE to the nth degree! Whew! Eye candy, fo' sho'....seems like a fun family guy, too. Multi-talented...

Hmmmm....that sounds familiar... :imgtongue:

I liked Queen Latifah's song (I think she looks and sounds really good these days.),

Yeah, it was nice to see and hear her - although I have absolutely no idea what she is really like, she always seems like such a straightforward no-bs person who would be fun to hang out with.

I can see my boobs, but I get a crick in my neck.

This was posted at the CH, some interesting stuff - naming names, too.......

stuff about the different ways the break with RCA is written about, depending on agenda..

but anyway, this is my favorite headline from that column, CMSU!!!!!

http://mjsbigidolblog.com/

David Cook Sells Out Half of Weidner PAC

Interesting NCgurrrl - wonder if that's true - how reputable is Antimusic. Also curious if it was before or after that QA he had with fans late last year. Wasn't that in November or December?

Lilyshine - gold star for you... can you tell me the California lotto numbers for the next drawing?

KAndre - girl you will get used to the glasses. I have the line as well..not paying 200 extra dollars for progressive. Wasn't worth it to me. But if you can't see YOUR boobs you're in trouble.

Clayzor - yes I'm a bitch. I should have just followed the lead of the board yesterday. Ya'll are pretty smart. I on the other hand need a little work. I never should have made fun at your expense no matter how pissy I was. My issue was hints at inside knowledge suggesting you know something the rest of us do not. It mostly left a negative air in the room at the end of your posts that left me suspicious and I don't want that type of thing perpetrated here. I will also reimburse you for the CD you sent plus all postage. Just send me the amount. I think all other contributions/donations have been withdrawn/handled.

Beyonce - yes she is an ever present force on award shows and big events. Who the hell is her manager :lilredani: Inauguration - Lincoln Center Honors, Grammys- Heard there is a bunch of talk out there about how Etta James feels Beyonce wasn't good enough to sing her song AT LAST at the Inauguration. I thought that was a bit harsh - after all that must be one of the most ever covered songs. Besides I thought she did a phenomenal job.

DJS I scrolled down that blog and my favorite thing was something about someone named Jamar. heee. I don't watch idol anymore but sure would have rooted for him on GP. :hysterical:

This was posted at the CH, some interesting stuff - naming names, too.......

stuff about the different ways the break with RCA is written about, depending on agenda..

but anyway, this is my favorite headline from that column, CMSU!!!!!

http://mjsbigidolblog.com/

David Cook Sells Out Half of Weidner PAC

I liked reading that thing about how RCA never really understood Clay... I used to wonder why the TITN video was such a piece of crap--I mean, I love that song, but the video... First time I watched I was left with an enormous WTF!? They tried to make an angsty video to a victory song! Blegh. I've always liked the video for The Way and didn't understand why they didn't do something similar with TITN--guess I understand a little better now.

ETA: Can I count myself as a CT-mate too? :D I never saw anything particularly bitchy about y'all's posts. Then again, I tend to be hard to insult/recognize insult--which comes from me being a rather insulting person at times. Hey, if you wanna dish it out, you better be able to take it, right? :lol:

EATA: Back to the RCA thing... does anyone else (who knows football, lol) kind of equate Clive Davis with Al Davis? Eeek! They aren't related, are they?

Goodness, Miz Couchie, you are actually a monument to restrainedanimity.

(I have trademarked that word, look for it on a tshirt or mousepad NEAR YOU!!! any day now).

Is it possible, or even allowed, to be a Minion AND a Tomato-Mate?

I'll sign up, once I understand the consequences.

honestly just trying to move things in a different direction. Don't want comments on me. But please as always, feel free to tell me if the board is moving in the right direction. Sometimes I'm like a mother who can't tell that my baby is butt ugly when it comes to FCA. :lilredani: It's a place I love to come to every day.

Clayzy I'm quite sure I made the Al Davis/Clive comparisons long ago. They are their own special brand of ghoul yet somehow the world would be less interesting without both of them. LOL If you haven't seen the press conference when Al fired the last coach I'm sure it''s out there somewhere. I honestly think he could beat Clive in a grudge match.

I was so excited when I saw RCA was selling the VERY BEST of Clay Aiken.

Then, I realized they were probably talking about songs.

Step away from the TITN video and nobody gets hurt. Just sayin'.

clayzycoffin, you do manage to find the most interesting ways to give that gerbil a workout. :cryingwlaughter:

*hides*

I sorry! I just happily bop along in my cluelessness until someone goes "ARGH, why'd you bring THAT up???" and then I make frightened noises and duck. :o

Heh. :D

Hey! A gerbil needs a good workout now and then, you know! (I do, I owned a zillion, remember? :lol:) If you don't let it get a good workout, it'll get cranky and bite you!

ETA: wandacleo--HAH! I was wondering if anyone was going to bring that up... I had all sorts of ideas about what the VERY BEST of Clay Aiken might be... and then ran into trouble wondering how they were going to package it. Hee hee hee.

I request an acoustic version of MOAM and since On The Wings Of Love was scrapped as the B-side to TITN...I want it......I want it...I want it!

Isn't it on the AI2 compilation CD? I know I have it on my iPod from somewhere.

I have quite the wish list for what I'd like to see on the album, however from the title, I think it's probably not going to be new stuff. Still, will be great for there to be a "new" cd out for people to notice and potentially put in their shopping cart. I am interested to see what tracks they choose for it and whether or not they "remaster" them.

BTW, written qualification tests will be in everybody's inbox by morning! :lilredani:

I wish to protest this omission....I didn't get no stinkin' test!!

I read that M&G section Clay did say something about the radio stuff but he also said that he knew it wasn't all fans just like that lady who posted here didn't say all intelligent ladies left the board.

That was no lady....and it wasn't even my wife!

I woke up this morning with the BIGGEST grin on my face! Funny how a "new" or "reworked" or ANY Clay Aiken CD can make that happen!

okay I am sorry guess I read it wrong then I really felt she was saying that she missed some people who use to post here that are also intelligent. Not that there are no intelligent woman here.

The message board that went down (RCA one) there was a really sweet older lady I use to talk to on there a lot & I do miss her so I kind of understood. Or at least I thought I did.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I preordered the CD, too. Wonder what will be on it??

Anyway, at the end of the dream, an announcement was made, "Clay Aiken announces the release of his next CD entitled 'Everything but Mongolian Polkas' on June 15, 2009."

Oh, now I know! Everything but Mongolian Polkas! :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

Personally, since we might be listening to Clay sing the phonebook (or the Invisionfree Terms of Service... ya never know!) I wouldn't mind having a Mongolian polka track on there!

I would like a Clay Aiken dance mix CD :)

Hopefully including a video of his Bills, Bills, Bills dance.

Given TPTB's utter lack of imagination, here's my prediction for the contents of the "Very Best of":

Bridge Over Troubled Water

Solitaire

This is the Night

On the Wings of Love

Invisible

I Will Carry You

The Way

Measure of a Man

Without You

A Thousand Days

Every Time You go Away

Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word

On My Way Here

The Real Me

Something About Us

I predict this will be followed in Novemberish with a Christmas version. But if they include Christmas songs on this one instead, those'll be:

Mary Did You Know

The First Noel

Oh Holy Night

and they will drop IWCY, SAU, and Sorry, or maybe MOAM (the song) or The Real Me. Not so sure on those. I'll bet you can take my first five predictions, and any official single released, to the bank though. :cryingwlaughter:

Anybody else wanna predict?

I already ordered myself. :cryingwlaughter:

I just looked at a few of the others, and they all included the best-sellers, the best known songs. Which is cool if it gets people who haven't bought an album before to buy it. It keeps him in the stores and that's a good thing. I would, of course, kill for something new and never heard before. Maybe we'll get an iTunes extra or something???

wonder when a track list will be available. ADTW is my least favorite of his so if it is a repeat of that then I won't feel that bad not having extra money to buy it. If it finally has TRD which is one of my favorite songs I may dig the couch for change, return cans and do whatever to get the crash.