#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

In a week it will have been a year since I have seen spamalot..this clay aiken fan stuff has given me some of the most fun I've ever had in my life, it caused me to meet my best friend 5 years ago, as well as many other people around the country, he has given me laughter and fun and music..he let me get on his stage and tell my Christmas story..he caused me to travel to new York city and experience a show on Broadway..I couldn't imagine walking away from any of this..I've had so much fun the last 5 years I hope it never ends:)

Scuse my schmoopiness..don't know what got into me,that's so unlike me HAHA

Sounds to me like you are trying to stream it, rather than download it.

no clue what that means sorry

Hee, Houston, we have a problem! ;)

Streaming = using the left mouse button to click on something and just watch it once

Downloading = using the right mouse button to click on something and save it to your computer

On Youtube, you are streaming the video. If you click on a link to the Clackunlimited vault, you do not want to stream. You need to right click on the file, and choose "save as" so that it downloads to a particular folder on your computer. Then, you can play it from that folder as many times as you want. If you don't want it anymore, you can always delete it later.

Hey thanks for this I didn,t know this either.

I was last here on page 9. Oops. :o:

I'm totally amazed that there are people who've been streaming from CU and didn't know how to save files. :yow:

Apparently it was Tribeca's B-day yesterday huh?

:happybirthday02:

happyBirthdayDarlin.jpg

Birthdaymakeawishandblow.jpg

BirthdaySpanking.jpg

birthdayclay.jpg

BirthdayJBTClaywithballoons.jpg

birthdaycake1.jpg

party-balloons.jpg

Party1.gif

That too many, lol? I gots more.

:lilredani:

Good Morning Everyone,

12 Days, 2 hours until Daylight Saving Time occurs in the United Sates; 33 Days until The European Union changes 1 hour and begins Summer Time...this occurs at 1:00 a.m. Universal Time (Greenwich Mean Time) the last Sunday in March!

:yahoo:

I know this is going to seem very picky

I was very picky and I apologize. :imsorry-1:

I was frustrated yesterday :badmood: and DST is a touchy subject for me because I had to deal with it when they moved it to March unexpectedly and we had to scramble to make sure we were prepared for it -- like a mini Year 2000 over a matter of weeks. And I really hate March to begin with, though that's another story.

aikim, :affection: I appreciate the countdown everyday and I miss it terribly when it's not around, whether due to snow, :deepersnow: computer viruses :badpc: or not knowing what a cute guy has up his sleeve. :idk: I'm sorry that I was grumpy. :puppykiss:

anyone else having trouble getting into gmail???????

Thanks, Claytonic - now I don't have to be paranoid about having a virus!

Gmail doesn't go down all that much, so while it is very bad of me, it is a relief to know others can't get in too.

Does anyone here use magicjack? Just curious about it, I am thinking of switching to it when they can port numbers later this year.

eta - heeee....still can't get in, I imagine their servers are being hit hard all at once!

YES.... in fact I only just checked with a friend on Skype and he is also having the same problem. This is the first time I've had a problem with Gmail in all the years I have used it... I had one of the early Beta accounts.

ETA: Gmail is back up again. It was down for about 20 minutes or so, I think ... at least that is how long I was trying for, periodically.

Was Beyonce Lip-Synching At Oscars?

SNIP <While Jackman's breathing and laughter could be heard at times during the performance and he appeared to be singing live (as did the rest of the cast), Beyoncé's vocals seemed to be mimed.>

Someone told me the only reason he watched the Oscars was for Beyonce. The only reason I watched Beyonce singing was because she was in the same "frame" as Hugh Jackman. Otherwise I would have been messing around on my laptop while she was on, like i was doing when the ads were on. The one good thing I can say about her (and Jennifer Hudson and Q Latifah) is that they are proud of their bodies and are fabulous role models as a result. I personally think they look miles better than those stick-people strutting the red carpet.

I was under the impression that CU wanted us to download rather than stream. Is this correct?

Absolutely correct! I was just explaining the difference to those who didn't understand. Streaming from any of the vaults is a no-no. :naughtywag:

I got a 502 error from gmail a few minutes ago, but it seems to be ok now.

Belated Happy Birthday, tribeca. :lilredani:

Good Morning Everyone,

Scarlett Don't worry about it; I got my information from google, but you know, I usually post the countdown around 6:30 a.m. my time and I am not always quite awake and yesterday, I just googled the information and tried to make it as brief as possible. I guess I'll stick to the condensed version of the countdown!

12 Days until Daylight Saving Time!

24 Days until The First Day of Spring!

35 Days until Playlist: The Very Best of Clay Aiken is available!

43 Days until Judge Aiken holds Court on ANTM!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

OK I am the world's worst Happy Birthday say-er!

So, on that note........Happy Birthday to everyone who ever had one. is having one and will have one!! I think that covers everyone :hysterical:

Second worst checking in here....and I second all of that! :)

Tribeca and ausdon....I'm a great "why?" person....so if you are too...

The servers on which the .mp3 and video files are held for any vault cost money to maintain; it's almost like one of those physical "you-store-it" places. They rent you a "shed", you put your stuff in it and it's all good. Of course, the more stuff you have and the more space you need, the more it costs.

"Bandwidth" is the unit of measure for the cost of an online storage space. When you download (right-click and save target as) a file, it uses hardly any bandwidth at the storage facility. When you stream (left click) the same file, it uses a great deal of bandwidth for every single time you do...so if you play it multiple times (as we often do with Clay's files) it is very, VERY expensive for the provider of the files as it uses up "bandwidth" at an enormous rate.

In order for us to maintain these wonderful sites, it's important we be able to keep costs down as much as possible...and that the people using them contribute to their upkeep!

Can you imagine if CU and other vaults went away, how dreadful it would be not to have the history and resource for all those youtube files?

Hope that helps!

Yep. It's evidently experiencing issues again since others have been able to get in since.

Good morning, FCA! :Iluvclaysbutt:

Well, my gmail is back up - at one point gmail told me I had to clear cookies, but I didn't, so there!

Anyway, it is nice to see all my mail - if I look in the spam folder, I even see stuff that that is meant to help me stretch my food dollars in this bad economy......an offer to make my meat stick gigantic!!!!!!

My free local paper had some nifty tricks to try for electronic gadget problems; one of them is to put a crashed disc drive in the freezer.

Crashed hard drive?

Stick it in the freezer

If your PC’s hard drive crashes and can’t be read, don’t be too quick to throw it out. Stick it in the freezer overnight. “The trick is a real and proven, albeit last resort, recovery technique for some kinds of otherwise-fatal hard-drive problems,” writes Fred Langa on his Win­dows Secrets Web site. Many hard drive failures are caused by worn parts that no longer align properly, making it impossible to read data from the drive. Lowering the drive’s temperature causes its metal and plastic inter­nals to contract ever so slightly. Taking the drive out of the freezer, and returning it to room tem­perature can cause those parts to expand again. That may help free up binding parts, or at least let a failing electrical component remain within specs long enough for you to recover your essential data.

No, no. Ice your hard drive. Don’t burn it.

And I am absolutely going to try this, since two people in my home play WOW all the time, and this may make things faster for them (I am directly connected to FIOS, they are not)

To boost your Wi-Fi, be a smart cookie

If your home Wi-Fi router doesn’t reach the other end of the house, don’t rush out to buy more wireless gear. Instead, build a 6-inch­high passive radio wave reflector from kitchen items, like an aluminum cookie sheet. Follow the instructions at freean­tennas. com/projects/ template. Place the completed reflector — a small, curved piece of metal that reflects radio waves just like a satellite TV dish — behind your Wi­Fi router. It focuses the router’s energy in one direction — toward the other end of the house — rather than letting it dissipate its strength in a full circle. No cables, no batteries, no technical knowledge required. It can easily double the range of your network.

I am also v. bad about birthdays, so happy birthday in perpetuity to all!

See - that's why I wish everyone happy birthday on MY birthday - easier to remember!

Hmmmm - I am seeing relatively cheap fares from Houston to places like London, Paris and Amsterdam - antsy feet are beginning to be felt! (Though the eHP is still doing the Hawaii/Buenos Aires thing too!)

I used to be really good at remembering everyone's birthdays, anniversaries and even other people's dog's birthday. Years ago, I shocked the parents of an old school friend when I sent them flowers on their 25th wedding anniversary. They couldn't get over how I remembered as they lived in another state and I hadn't seen any of them for years. (It was a special effort as I just never forgot their hospitality and kindness when I stayed with them to attend another school friend's wedding).

I still remember many birthdays but only by email. I create the emails and have them in a folder and finalise it to send a day or so before their birthday. Sometimes I forget to check the folder but that's because of a senior moment**. I don't send flowers anymore, if someone has died, I tell the family I have made a donation to (say) the Heart Foundation, that's whether or not they ask for it instead of flowers. I don't care, I refuse to spend money on flowers when it can be used for medical research. Sorry to people in the floral business but paying a lot of money for something that lasts for a couple of days, and then is thrown into the trash, I just can't come to terms with that, and i can barely hide my annoyance when someone gives me flowers (unless it came from their garden).

**Nearly forgot to say.. if I forget to check the birthday folder and am late for their birthday, I simply tell them I remembered their birthday twice, once too early and once too late....

FromClaygary I hope you don't mind... I have included your explanation for Clack Unlimited's downloading rule in the Glossary. If you check it (top right of the screen) and look for CU and click on more, you will see what I put (just added a little bit of formatting) and I have credited you for the explanation. It is a good explanation so I figured it was a keeper since there will always be someone who may not quite understand "what and why". I am a 'why' person as well, because I find it hard to remember something unless I understand why it is so.

:partytime: Happy Belated Birthday tribeca! :04:

Okay, I'm going to be good to travel to the US again in about two weeks! I went to the passport office this morning with my application, since my old one expires on March 31st. I hope all my Cdn friends know that you'll need one as of June 1st to cross the border by car.

Since so many people in there were trying to get new ones in time for our March break, they asked if I was travelling "soon" - I said I didn't think until late April or May. I hope I'm right! :28:

But think about it! $400 round trip airfare to gay Paree - a cheap hotel in the 7th arrondissement somewhere by the Eiffel Tower (because we're tourists, dammit!), a 3- or 4-day weekend - you gotta admit, that would totally rock! We could go to Clay's thread and invite him - he's cheap too! First week in May - we could do it, mon chere! I'm sure there's a Renoir in a salon just waiting for us!

Ah, cheap vacations. I wanna go on one too. luckiestdaughter (who is on reading week) took off yesterday morning in her little car, for the sunny south, and called last night from W-S, NC. Then this morning from Orlando, FL. Only cost her $60 in gas to get there which she split with a friend, and they are staying in a resort for $30 a night. WAH! Not fair! Working for a living sucks! I hate -15 degrees Celsius winter wonderland weather! I've had enough snow to last me the rest of my life!

I have high hopes for an OFC relaunch by the weekend, with some exciting 2009 news thrown in for good measure. WTH, I dream big. :)

Oooooo - now we're talkin'! Aaaaaaand Continental is having some sort of special - it's either London, Paris or Amsterdam for that $400 fare...and I've never been to Amsterdam...and hell, all that European stuff just seems like a hop, skip and a jump away...

I like your dreams, luckiest - not so much your weather!