#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

My turn my turn my turn...

ITALY

Antarctica

I've been to Hawaii several times but I want to go to Kauai

I'd love to go to Africa one day.

I have a free time share week up for trade and may use it for one of my dream locations.

I have to say I lost out on MANY opportunities for travel that I do not regret. In 2001-2004 I worked for a travel company and I could get all trips at cost. Some friends and family trips were less than cost. I could have gone to Africa for the price of the air ticket. But let's see..what did I discover instead - Greenville SC, Greensboro, Charleston, ... you get the picture. :hysterical:

I was very impressed with that Equality/Inequality performance. It sent a very powerful messege.

Reed is such an expressive dancer. I agree that he and Clay are lucky to have found each other, and like aikim said, it's funny that Clay ended up with a dancer. ^_^

Slightly OT, from the CH:

Slightly OT but this is a video from a public Facebook of Reed dancing last night in a benifit called Defying Equality on Broadway.

Defying Inequality

I changed the title of the link to the correct title, and I haven't watched it yet...

Ummm.....is this a link to the right video? I don't see anyone in those little teeny people that looks like Reed's body type, and he is not listed as being in the video (the poster has added a list of who is in it). This video is on Kenway Kua's FB, and shows a group number to someone singing "Higher Ground". Jesse IS playing the piano, though!

Travel bucket list:

Alaska cruise

Hawaii

Australia

England/Scotland

California to see Clay in a TV show appearance. *g*

Loved the dance performance, and I loved the videos stuck into the middle. What a powerful piece. Reed is a handsome and graceful dancer. (BTW, thank you aikim for finding that link for the non-Facebook people. I tried to find one when I posted the FB link, but there wasn't one at the time...)

ETA: FromClaygary, I just clicked on the link, and it brought up the correct video for me, "The Dream," with Reed listed as a dancer. Hmmmm.... Did you try the link aikim posted?

There is a link to the video at the CH for the Facebook-less...it is very powerful.

Here is the direct link: http://www.4shared.com/file/89335219/822e7...6421_21329.html

Kim

Ahhhh.....THIS is a completely different video from the one linked at FB.

ETA: Weird, ldyj! It certainly doesn't for me! It brings up what I mentioned above, which as far as I can see, Reed is not in. I've signed out of FB and tried again....and the same thing comes up for me.

Ooooh, travel bucket lists? I'd like to see Ireland. Maybe London too... I don't have a lot on a travel bucket list... I do have a bucket list though.

*pause* I'll stop now. :D

I saw Reed in the video! He was the first dancer, right?

My dream vacation would be Italy...can't afford it now, but maybe I should start putting a bug in hubby's ear for our 30th wedding anniversary in a few years!

Kim

Ooooh, travel bucket lists? I'd like to see Ireland. Maybe London too... I don't have a lot on a travel bucket list... I do have a bucket list though.

*pause* I'll stop now. :D

I saw Reed in the video! He was the first dancer, right?

Yes, the first dancer!

Kim

See - that's why I wish everyone happy birthday on MY birthday - easier to remember!

Hmmmm - I am seeing relatively cheap fares from Houston to places like London, Paris and Amsterdam - antsy feet are beginning to be felt! (Though the eHP is still doing the Hawaii/Buenos Aires thing too!)

Heh, I was planning the London/Paris/Amsterdam trip for the fall – all ya’ll are welcome to join me.

Random aside: I'm going to throttle my cat... she keeps getting up onto tables and shoving things until they fall off!

Clay connection? Um... Clay would be terrified of her and unable to discipline her for me? :lol:

From CV:

Check this out...God Bless Uncle David!! Just found this:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malki...p_save_his.html

Clay Aiken: Can Family Help Save His Music Career?

Today 5:30 PM PST by Marc Malkin

AP Photo/Diane Bondareff

Clay Aiken may have been dropped from his record label, but there's no need to worry just yet. The American Idol crooner has some major family connections in the music biz.

You see, his son's uncle is mega-producer David Foster. David's sister, Jaymes, gave birth to Parker Foster Aiken in August.

"Clay is family," says Uncle David, who has produced Grammy-winning hits for superstars like Whitney Houston, Madonna, Celine Dion and Barbra Streisand. "And because Clay is family, if he needs my help, I'm happy to help him."

As for Aiken's parenting skills...

"He's the best father," David Foster's girlfriend, Yolanda Hadid, gushed to us at Mr. Chow the other night during Leeza Gibbons' Night to Make a Difference Oscar party and charity benefit.

Hadid then showed off a photo of Parker stored on her Blackberry. "It's a beautiful baby," she said. "It's a happy family. There's absolutely nothing bad to say."

Hopefully, for Claymates worldwide, the same will hold true for Clay's music career.

I did not like the title of the Eonline, " Clay Aiken: Can Family Help Save His Music Career?" I doubt that David Foster would help Clay if he did not believe in Clay's talent. Somehow the article manages to convey that the only reason Foster will help Clay is because he considers him to be family. Has anyone seen an actual statement anywhere that RCA dropped him? Why is it so hard to believe that it could have really been a mutual decision?

IMO, 2008 was the year that Clay really took full control of his life. He became a father and announced to the world that he was a gay father. He has a boyfriend. IMO Clay is redefining himself as an artist also. Until we hear from an official source that RCA let him go, I choose to believe that Clay's contract was up and RCA would not give him the terms that he wanted to renew, so they parted ways. IMO Clay is a lot wiser now that when he signed the original contract. He also has made good connections in the entertainment world. Even though he proved he could be a Broadway star, he has said that he misses singing. IMO his singing career is nowhere near needing saving. Foster will be lucky to get Clay, if that does happen.

I agree with you Desertrose. I hate how E! will take even something positive and twist it to meet their agenda. I don't believe Clay was dropped. I think he'd probably finally had enough and he knew he had other options. Can't wait to find out what they are. He never fails to suprise and excite us.

Now will somebody please go hunt down those pictures and burn them? Those from the Jenna Bush thing are some of the only ones of Clay that I have never liked.

Love how DF said if Clay needs help though, and that his girlfriend has such great things to say about Clay as a dad and how cute Parker is. Sure hope we can see some pictures soon.

Is David Foster's girlfriend American? I wondered this because she called the baby It -- maybe it is a vocabulary issue but it struck me as odd.

Desertrose I agree with much of your post expect I don't think Clay ever announced he had/has a boyfriend. They just went out in public (which is a great thing). I kind of like that he didn't make a big announcement about it.

Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes, balloons and Clay jumping out of a cake :)

Also thanks for explaining the Clack stuff. It is all good to know.

I think eveyone but me went to bed :(

someone posted this track list (they did not provide a link or anything)

here is the track list:

Track Listings

1. Ashes

2. A Thousand Days

3. The Way

4. Bridge Over Troubled Water

5. On My Way Here

6. This Is The Night

7. Solitaire

8. Here You Come Again

9. Measure Of A Man

10. The Real Me

11. Something About Us

12. Invisible

13. On The Wings of Love

14. Mary, Did You Know

8 & 14 surprised me

and I forget who it is but someone here really wanted number 13

My sister and I were just talking about this list the other day . She calls it her "travel bucket list".

Hers had Italy on it and mine featured a lot of Canada. How about everyone else?

Italy, Australia, Egypt, Ireland, Scotland, more of England & France, the rest of the US, Canada.....

Why, yes, I am planning on winning the lottery, retiring and traveling for the rest of my life! :lilredani:

The trick is to be born right at the time when your parents are working on their lists, so that you get to tag along for free! I was almost done with my list before I even knew I needed one.

Bethlehem, Jerusalem, Agra, Lourdes, Rouen, Peshawar, Rome, Giza, The Cotswolds, Grasse, Oberammergau, Verona, Orcas, Nanjing, Interlaken, Manarola, Jericho, ...it would be nice to add Copenhagen and York, and maybe Cuzco, Petra, Xian and anywhere in Antartica... also it would be nice to see the previous ones as an adult, not as my parents' daughter...

*looks around* Now I'm the only one NOT in bed... but I don't mind having a conversation with myself...

ETA:

This is a YouTube link for "The Dream" (Defying Inequality - The Broadway Concert)!!!

Hey Scarlett I'm still here. I keep checking in. My kids have been sick the last two days so no work for me. Of course if I am to do anything on my bucket list that will have to change!

Canada & the USA ( the west coasts of both), all the Scandinavian countries, more time in Italy ,Spain, France,& New York... I have always had seriously itchy feet! I will have to do like Anna and win lotto.

ETA: Oh, and maybe a concert or two in a far flung land....Anybody know of any cute and talented and entertaining performers?

Well Crap!! I just hit some wrong key and my whole post, complete with quotes has vanished into thin air. OY! Nevermind the quotes, I guess....

About moving to Denmark......It's not definite until John signs on the dotted line and he has to pick all the details apart first. While this is happening, I usually sit poised to call the movers and the airlines. But the situation is...... they have decided that this place is too much of a money pit, for the time being. They are closing Baku and he's been offered another position, at the head office.

Ironically, we're in an 8,000 square foot house right now and more than likely going to be downsizing A LOT! I'm expecting 1,000 square feet in the next one, but y'all are more than welcome to come share the single bathroom with us. :thbighug-1:

I think I'll like it. I was there for a week in 2006 and thought it was a lovely place and hoped that someday we'd get the opportunity to live there. I half expected we'd be going to Perth, Australia, so Denmark was a bit of a surprise. I really am looking forward to clean running water and good health care.

But dang it! My Russian was coming along nicely! I have to take the dog home to sit out a 3 month waiting period since no critters from Azerbaijan are allowed into Denmark without the rabies antibodies blood test, so calurker, I'll be calling later in March. I figure I'll hang around Halifax for a few weeks while John gets himself settled in the job. And besides, in Halifax I have a car.....in Copenhagen, I think it's going to be a bike.

Ooooh.....can't think about that right now. Those people are scary bad healthy over there!! :o They probably don't even carry my BP meds at the pharmacy.

Gosh....places I really want to visit....Petra, for sure. And Paris, well all over Europe for starters. Australia and New Zealand. Singapore. Moscow. I'm pretty much game to go anywhere. Right now a road trip throughout any region of the US with some concert stops along the way is the best vacation I can imagine.

For Scarlett

84774505_SMx4F-M.jpg

Well Crap!! I just hit some wrong key and my whole post, complete with quotes has vanished into thin air.

Next time this happens hit CTRL Z (or on Apple Command Z) It's a fairly universal "undelete" command. As long as you stay in the same working window it should take you back through your last (I forget how many) keystrokes.

Over the years it's helped to resurect many of my posts.

Lucky for you guys...:cryingwlaughter:

E!Online can bite me.

That track list is interesting......wonder if it's legit?

My bucket list is probably too long to write. I've never been outside of the US and Canada, except for two wonderful trips to Cuba. So I'll just say I want to visit each continent for starters........and get more specific once I've done that. :hahaha:

*waves wildly at ausdon* Good to know I wasn't all alone!

Kareneh, thank you! Muah! :BlowKiss: Gotta run now -- have a meeting with a team member from Sable (what are the odds?) who's here in Houston for the week (but oh, it'll be an 8-11 and 12-4 thing, sigh! I hope I stay awake. She's very nice and chatty, though, so that'll help). Maybe I should add Sable and riding a Sable pony (are they really ponies?) to my bucket list!!! If I we can't meet up in Norway/Denmark, this'll also be a good alternative.

Have a nice day, everyone!!!

:nature-smiley-014:

Slightly OT, from the CH:

Slightly OT but this is a video from a public Facebook of Reed dancing last night in a benifit called Defying Equality on Broadway.

Defying Inequality

I changed the title of the link to the correct title, and I haven't watched it yet...

Thank you! How bad is it that I kept expecting to hear Clay sing? :hysterical:

Hee, me too! Thanks so much for posting the link ldyj. How cool to be able to see a part of the show.

I know some hold outs to Facebook.......maybe this might convince them to join. :imgtongue:

or... it might convince them to come over to a certain facebook person's house a little early and beg to see it. Yeah, that could happen.

:imgtongue:

I was reading about that event - sounds amazing!

ETA: Ha! and now that I've caught up... phew! avoided the facebook challenge again. :-P Scarlett, your youtube link leads right back here to FCA. What a great video. Reed and Clay are both lucky, lucky men.

EW? Can fuck off and die. They haven't said a good word about Clay for years. Of course they're only repeating what I've read fans post - so it's not really a surprise.