#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

OMG OMG OMG I'm officially a Claymate!

Well I'm glad the renewals have started cos then I won't have to read why "I won't join again"....cos all those folks will be gone! Nah they will all want the mug and lanyard! I re-upped and then had to go back and see what I was getting*g*

bfs at the ofc says CA has to use the C ( :cryingwlaughter: ) word because of some trademark issue!

Me too!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!

I re-upped and then had to go back and see what I was getting*g*

Hee! I did the same thing. I guess I was just too excited about being an official Claymate!

I like the travel mug -- can't wait to use it.

HELP...I'm making Lotus' receipe for chocolate cake in a cup..what the heck is 1000 watts in a microwave..is that high, low, what? Help!

I hope the cake worked for you...my microwave has right on the front ,800W High Power, so I can't get 1000W but the cake works fine at that lower power.

The cake is good with vanilla yogurt if you don't have ice-cream.

I actually managed to get two great seats for the Leonard Cohen concert. I guess I was very lucky.

Hee! I did the same thing. I guess I was just too excited about being an official Claymate!

Ah not everyone is that excited! He can call me whatever he likes!

I lurve Clay's PSA! He sounds soo cute.

http://www.menc.org/resources/view/why-mus...-for-miosm-2009.

Well I'm glad the renewals have started cos then I won't have to read why "I won't join again"....cos all those folks will be gone! Nah they will all want the mug and lanyard! I re-upped and then had to go back and see what I was getting*g*

bfs at the ofc says CA has to use the C ( :cryingwlaughter: ) word because of some trademark issue!

:cry4: Wah! I'm not! I got an error while renewing. Where should I send this?

0902226_Renewal_Error.JPG

merrieeee, oh they'll still be there and repeating over and over, "What was I thinking? This is awful. I want my money back."

Suggestion:

Maybe the OFC should ask Couchie to send a test to everyone who wants to renew.

See, this is why Scarlett and I struggle for world domination - she actually emphasizes with people before wishing to control their every move, while I just add them to the list of those to be put up against the wall - unless they're cute.

:cryingwlaughter: ROTFL that you can't even bring yourself to spell "empathize" (or maybe your fingers have to be forced to type it).

What makes you think KAndre and I would have had something to say? :cryingwlaughter: Yes, you would empathize first, KAndre would line them up against the wall (redneck mothers!) without hesitation, and I'd be argumentative (surprise, surprise). But before I honor any liberal credentials, I'd need some definitions -- because in the 60's one could qualify as a liberal in Houston by not pitching fast-food trash out of a moving car (which is where "Don't Mess with Texas" originated). Me? I was a full-fledged counter-culture freak, but I did know some liberals, such as the people who believed in wearing helmets on their choppers even when not mandated by law, and then those people who spat on me and my long-haired hippie boyfriend at the Hermann Park Zoo in 1969 -- they were liberal.

Hoo-ray for Scarlett transferring downtown. When's lunch, ladies? I've been wanting to try Huynh Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine. Any interest?

As for changing the name of TBAF, I'm all for it. I agree that the current name doesn't convey the mission of the foundation, and it's easily mispronounced. But I'll leave it to others to suggest a new name because my brain just doesn't operate on "pompous."

ETA: If Clay had TMJ joint replacement surgery, it sounds pretty horrific!

Count me in for Vietnamese and yikes on that procedure!!! {{{cute guy in pain}}}

:elephanthugs:

Scarlet glad you are having a better day.

I must tell you my grandmother who is 80 still says "colored people" funny thing though I have never witnessed her being prejudice & I have witnessed people who use the word African American being prejudice. Sometimes people are slow with certain words/terms but the intentions are in the right place.

Thanks! Yes, some people aren't up to date with words and or standard equipment like accessible seats, but their hearts are in the right place. I'm doing another workshop with them once a week for the next six or so weeks.

ETA: Ooops, maybe I shouldn't have used the elephant hug icon. Someone probably wouldn't want to see elephants anywhere especially if he's in pain and being cranky... and I wouldn't want anything to happen to the elephants either... {{{cute but sore suffering guy}}}

:hugs-1:

ETA: Yay, Lotus!

Emphasize, empathize - it's still up against the wall!

bwah

ok we did two cups of chocolate cake. My microwave is 1100 watts. But I know my microwave always take less time than instructions call for so I put the first cup on 80% power. Way too high. LOL. The second cup we put on 60% power and that worked better. My neice had a lot of fun playing and mixing it all together. She put whipped cream on it. Too rich for my blood but I did have a fork full. I'll ask you in recipe area about one or two things i wasn't sure of.

I chose Netflix over blockbuster. I have 30 things in my queue already!! I dropped my premium channels but I guess after the NBA season that I paid for I'll look into which company offers the best bundling of services for phone, internet and cable. what's this u-verse Scarlett is talking about.

How long do we have to get the fan club before we are locked out..the only difference between internet and regular is the goodies? I might try my luck at best buy. That's the one I've had for the past 2 years.

Anna

Forgot to tell you that your puppy is so cute :) what kind of dog is he/she?

Thanks, tribeca. :) He's a Chinese Crested Powder Puff (link). When breeding them for show, people let their hair grow long. My friend keeps her dogs in what she calls a "puppy" cut, which is shorter, curlier cut. That's what I plan to do. I'm not spending more time per day on my dog's hair than I do my own! :hahaha:

Thanks, 00lsee & ausdon! I did post it in the blog comments, as well as in the thread at the OFC.

Must head back over & renew.... :Iluvclaysbutt:

liney - Don't sign in, click on "Fan HQ" and the renewal info should pop up.

Where do you go to reup at OFC??? I got in ok and tried everywhere, but couldn't find anything about renewing.

liney, first make sure you are signed OUT of the OFC. And then go to the "Fan HQ" section, where the renewal information is....

ETA: Woohoo!!!! Top of page 69! Woohoo!!!!!!

ooh Merrieeee I'll check my best buy tomorrow.

So looks like my trip to san diego will be in the March 28th - April 5th area. My neice and nephew have spring break starting on the 6th so need to be home by then. I hope this is good for spa day some time in there.

I wish I had waited for the new membership package. I sent a gift one to a friend of mine who lives in Singapore. Didn't realize that would change & have a cheaper membership offer. But she is happy :) so that's what should matter.

Right after I bought that extra they cut hours at the store :( I work at. I am only part time. Our boss at the store was told either to lay people off or cut hours.

My nanny job which was full time for 9 years is now on-call only so I have been struggling lately.

There just doesn't seem to be any jobs out there right now. I have applied at so many places feel like there are none left.

Must head back over & renew.... :Iluvclaysbutt:

liney - Don't sign in, click on "Fan HQ" and the renewal info should pop up.

anna... thanks! ldyj... you, too! I now have a message that...

You have already successfully subscribed to Clay Online with this Clique ID. By continuing with this process, you are about to renew your account AND purchase an additional/duplicate Clay Online membership and package. Please make sure you want to continue with this transaction before proceeding -- no refunds will be offered for additional Clay Online transactions.

Do I go ahead???

ETA: I did it. I was only charged for one ultimate membership, so I guess I'm fine.

I saw Milk last night.......great movie. Really well done. Wonderful acting. Go see it if you can (or rent the DVD when it comes out in March).

I saw it a while ago and agree - great movie!

It's out March 10th on netflix. hee I can't wait to see it.

Tribeca..yeah although I just started looking for work last week I can really tell the difference from 6 months ago or a year go. There just aren't that many listings at my normal haunts. I only had 2 call backs and 1 interview since I started looking. I'm surviving on a lot less money but so far so good. I'm way more careful with how I spend money and I'm much happier which to me is more important. I would like to have something solid in a couple of months though so I can add real vacations like Italy back into the realm of possibility. :cryingwlaughter:

I renewed my membership with no problem... :clap:

I was confused for a minute ( nothing new there) because it tried to tell me I was getting a duplicate membership because I already belonged.......I was told to IGNORE THAT WARNING....I did and voila I'm in. ( and with only one membership, thank God !!!...whew :clay: ...I was worried cos it said no refunds)

Now to get our man feeling better and singing again. Let's go Mr. Akin :lipstick:

How long do we have to get the fan club before we are locked out..the only difference between internet and regular is the goodies? I might try my luck at best buy. That's the one I've had for the past 2 years.

I happened to have a fan pack, but no luck using it yet. When I click the button to enter code, I'm told to enter a Clique ID, and when I do that, and go to my account, the only options are the two other forms of renewal. ARGH!!

Per BFS (Mod at the OFC), they have fixed the problem with the $19.95 membership, so if anyone was trying to renew with that and having problems, you should be able to now.

Kim

<snip>

ETA: If Clay had TMJ joint replacement surgery, it sounds pretty horrific!

EEK!!

I have TMJ really badly. Well, not so badly my jaw locks up, but there's a ton of grinding/popping/snapping all the time.... That link scares me...

In the famous words of the intelligent chick Canfly

I am not a Claymate

however I never said I wasn't crazy :)

I just read this nastiest letter over on the OFC at least it felt so to me. I never think people expressing their opinions is a bad thing. I mean if someone says their favorite Clay cd is this and I say mine is a different one who cares really. But telling someone they need to go into a hospital for treatment & therapy is just wrong.

it is in the Dear Clay section

I am hoping it has been deleted from the MODS. I am sorry that really upset me a lot :(

Thanks Claylurker

I know I should have ignored & not brought it up here but it was very upsetting to me.

hey tribeca...there are a few nuts left over there but there are strange "people" on every board( I wouldn't call them fans...yuk !!)...that's what the scroll feature is for. Ignore them and eventually they will go and play somewhere else.

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Duh...I didn't mean to imply there are crazy fans on THIS board....yeesh !!!! it's really hard when you get both of your feet stuck in your mouth at once. My apologies. :cocktail: