#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Here's a lovely story from over at CV for those who remember John Martin:

Yollie received a very nice comment regarding a montage she made "Duets The Sequel" that featured John Martin (the little boy who sang with Clay on stage). Here's the comment:

I had the pleasure of meeting John Martin the other day. Unfortunately, he wasn't feeling very well. I noticed his mom had a pin with a picture of Clay and John when he was younger. I asked John about it, and for the first time that day, the now 11 year old, lit up with the biggest smile and his little eyes were just sparkling! He was glowing! His mom told me to look up this video, and I'm so glad I did! It made my day so see this sick little boy shine!

That just makes my day.

For those who do, AND for those that don't remember John:

Yollie's DUETS on Youtube

FromClaygary... thanks for this YouTube. It was fun, but I wish someone would do another. I LOVED IWTKWLI with the girls in various tour stops. Especially with both of them in Orlando... :clap: The last night of the JBT with Clarence instead of Jacob is also one of my favorite duets.

I love HYCA.
Also love Broken Wings, the poetry adds a beautiful layer.

Heh, why inclusion matters - this is (IMO) is a perfect example:

The host is a woman who was born without one of her hands.

They have received complaints, and also it looks like someone has been checking chat rooms.

In one chat room, a father lamented that Burnell being on the show forced him to have conversations with his child about disabilities.

Oh, the horror!!!!!!! To have to explain something to a child instead of waiting until that child gets his opinions and feelings shaped by strangers, like other people's kids at school!And one of the comments on the page -

Do any of you who think this is so "unbelievable" actually have kids? It's very hard, as a parent, to have every social issue jammed down the throat of your kids before they even hit first grade. Kids need a certain level of emotion maturity and understanding to be able to MAKE SENSE of the things they see. Otherwise they can't categorize it properly in their minds.

Most parents are perfectly happy to deal with any situation but you want to do it when you know they are ready, NOT when the media and the politicians tell you to.

Oh, how DARE a person with a disability appear as just part of life! They should only take jobs where they are hidden away, so as not to offend! Accepting disabilities is a social issue? WTF????? And to force a parent to actually have to shape a child's opinion!

Hope Clay ends up with a great name for TBAF- and I honestly had never ever thought that an issue for inclusion would be that parents wanted to shield their children from other children with disabilities, so they wouldn't have to talk about it.

That father is a complete idiot. Every parent needs to be ready for all the "difficult" questions raised by children WHEN they raise them, and for opportunities to answer or address important issues as they arise, just as it did with this situation of a person with a disability, although I don't much like that word. The answers don't have to be detailed, simply age-appropriate. This father doesn't seem to realize the real world doesn't operate on his schedule. These days, extremely young kids are seeing things on TV and/or in their immediate environment that is way beyond their grasp, but that's the world they live in now, and they have to be prepared for it, just as they are sooo prepared for the level of technology that was unheard of just 20 years ago. Of course you can't really compare social issues to technological advancement but the point is that you can't raise a child of the 3rd millenium the same way as a child of 20th century.

I love HYCA. Clay gave it special mention in something I saw, can't remember what but I felt he loved the song. I always loved Dolly Parton's version but I now prefer Clay's.

Claytonic... :yeahthat: What idiots to be upset that seeing someone with a disability means you have to try to explain it to your child... they should just be thankful they are not having to explain their child's disability.

I also LOVE Clay's HYCA!!! It was brilliant rearranging in my book.

I have developed an allergy to chocolate. :cry4: I forgot last night and ate some. Woke up at 3:30am with tummy problems and intestinal problems. I am soooo tired! I'm supposed to babysit tonight for DGDs, age 5 and almost 3, so I hope I can take a nap this afternoon.

anna... get Ayr (or some other brand) saline solution and irrigate your snus several times a day. It will help the infection go away faster. Have fun with your puppy (did you, indeed, name him/her Gnocchi???

To me, it's like a set of "songs to put into a time capsule". Memory is a funny thing; it takes baby steps and associations. This is like a trail of crumbs you leave for others. This album defines a period and people who watched AI2 or listened to him briefly at some points in time over the last few years will know several of the songs in there, and hopefully will come to like others whose full album they will buy.

When space is a premium, this CD is more likely to be carried by a store as opposed to the individual albums. And it's a great one! I see it as my Clay Aiken highlights CD.

Speaking of "time capsule" could I ask for suggestions on books to take to an island? (let's assume that the island's Internet connection is spotty and that it definitely is out of whispernet range) They may be old or new books, don't mind at all, as long as they're interesting.

To me, it's like a set of "songs to put into a time capsule". Memory is a funny thing; it takes baby steps and associations. This is like a trail of crumbs you leave for others. This album defines a period and people who watched AI2 or listened to him briefly at some points in time over the last few years will know several of the songs in there, and hopefully will come to like others whose full album they will buy.

When space is a premium, this CD is more likely to be carried by a store as opposed to the individual albums. And it's a great one! I see it as my Clay Aiken highlights CD.

Definitely!!....and me too!....AND as the perfect, professionally-produced CD to give to or suggest to, a newbie. I'm really looking forward to it and its picture!

Loving my iMac! :wub:

I am looking at the new iMacs....... I have the eMac now. ..... which iMac do you have....... and do you have Leopard?? It looks to be quite different.

I have the 20 inch, 2.6/2GB w/chrome finish. I have Mac OS X Version 10.5.6. It's my first Mac so I'm not sure if that's Leopard or not. From the website it looks like it. My daughter purchased one last year and she loves hers too. I knew I was a goner the minute I walked into the Apple Store. Hee.

Although I was really very happy with my Dell, I'm just so over Windows.

eta James Ingram, I Don't Have the Heart just came up on my party shuffle... :)

That is the same one I am planning to buy. I have always had a Mac.... love them. There is a new Apple store close to me now......... I go in and drool.

I hate to brag, as it always comes back to bite me, but I have never had a virus.......... one of the pluses of Macs.

All I can say about the TV show and the issue of disability it this:

Thank God there are shows like this to compensate for spawning morons.

Clay's CD--just because it says his "favorites" doesn't MEAN it's his favorities. Who knows which his favorites really are.

Is it MY list of favorites?

Not exactly, but close enough. (It's not as though I don't already have the songs.)

I can live with RCA leaving "Everything I Don't Need" off.

Ginger Scarlett asked:

Speaking of "time capsule" could I ask for suggestions on books to take to an island? (let's assume that the island's Internet connection is spotty and that it definitely is out of whispernet range) They may be old or new books, don't mind at all, as long as they're interesting.

It would take me a while to narrow it down to five - but I would recommend Barbara Tuchman's A Distant Mirror. Very readable and interesting history of the 14th century - plagues, wealthy top class, unhappy peasants who can't afford health insurance, wars, etc.

Just like today!!!!! Heeee! Anyway, it is really good; I was glad I read it.

I mostly read murder mysteries and cookbooks and craft books.

In the nicest possible way *g* I am really surprised at all the agonising and tortuous thought processes that are going into whether or not to buy a $10 CD, in various parts of Clayland.

I just found this posted at CH, watched the video and found it very interesting and informative. I hope this is the way Clay plans to market his music.

If you are interested in how music marketing and distribution works in the present climate don’t miss this.

Fred Croshall: Indie vs Major

Wow, lots of ketchin' up today!

I love that Clay "handpicked" the songs on the new CD! (And I love Here You Come Again, I downloaded the DP version to hear what it sounded like and I must say, I like them both. One's a great country song, one's a great pop song. What's not to love?)

cindilu2 is not Scarlett or luckiest1--check.

I'm a bit surprised by the MOAM favorites being chattered about--what, no love for When You Say You Love Me? I love the bouncy start, always makes me butt-dance as I'm driving. :lol:

Five favorite Clay songs ever? You're making me pick five? That's almost as impossible as picking just one! See, now I have to go through all my songs... listen to each one very carefully... listen to a few more than once to decide proper ranking... OH THE HORROR!! *swoon* Nah. TITN, The Way, ALAWH (I've gone completely bananas for the "When you're with me, I breath easy" part... and the rest of the song too!), Solitaire, EIDN... What? Five already? But I haven't even added in IWTKWLI or BW or LNM or LAA or OMWH or SL!!

OK, I'll do everyone a favor and take my crazy somewhere else now... :laugh2:

Is canfly standing up yet? 'Cause HYCA is my mostest favorite from ATDW (actually, one of my mostest favorites from Clay, PERIOD). She'd better watch it, because I might hit her too... I love that song for the low "go" but I also love it because that is the one that they changed up the most (well, tied with BW) from the original. When I played ATDW for my husband, that was the song that perked his ears up -- thought it an inspired arrangement. And I will never forget Clay walking on stage during the intro to that song. Truly lovely, IMO.

Haven't caught up yet but in case nobody has hit canfly yet, I wanted to make sure it was taken care of. :gen069: Boy, that was fun.

Call me anytime somebody wants to smack her, at least so I can watch.

anna... get Ayr (or some other brand) saline solution and irrigate your snus several times a day. It will help the infection go away faster. Have fun with your puppy (did you, indeed, name him/her Gnocchi???

I've got the saline solution. I'm hoping I'll start feeling better tomorrow 'cause today I feel like absolute crap. :( So far, so good with puppy, though. :) Still trying to decide on the name. The only thing I'm not sure about with Gnocchi is that it starts out sounding like 'no', which is a very important word in puppy vocabulary! My mom was going to wait until next week to come down and meet him, but decided she couldn't wait. :cryingwlaughter:

stop hitting Canfly!!!

don't love that song & don't hate it to scared to say anything else.

Thought Carly on AI used Clay's arrangement when she sang it.

Perfect Day Concert Clay

top 5 favorite Clay songs

1. I survived You

2. Invisible

3 Lover All Alone

4. Where I draw the line

5. Perfect Day

Solo and I are like that sometimes, :gen069: nothing to worry about. It's a form of endearment... I think!

Top 14 songs from the main albums:

(see the playlist)

However, if we can add songs from the EP, I'll swap one of them for AIW!

Thanks for the book recommendation, djs! Sounds very intriguing -- it's not on kindle yet but I think I'll get it as a physical copy. :thankyou"

Books to take on an Island: For me it would have to be anything by Stephen King; I don't read a lot of fiction; mostly non-fiction...history and biographies.

Top favorite Clay songs:

1. Everything I Don't Need

2. When You Say You Love Me

3. I Know How The River Feels

4. As Long As We're Here

5. A Thousand Days

Hubby finally picked up his new/old truck...a 1970 Chevy Truck...he is like a kid on Christmas morning...keeps walking over to the window to look at it sitting in the driveway, LOL!

Kim

Books to take on an Island: For me it would have to be anything by Stephen King; I don't read a lot of fiction; mostly non-fiction...history and biographies.

Kim

Oh I'd like to hear about non-fiction books too! I'm considering this series of essays On Literature by Umberto Eco.

I've got the saline solution. I'm hoping I'll start feeling better tomorrow 'cause today I feel like absolute crap. :( So far, so good with puppy, though. :) Still trying to decide on the name. The only thing I'm not sure about with Gnocchi is that it starts out sounding like 'no', which is a very important word in puppy vocabulary! My mom was going to wait until next week to come down and meet him, but decided she couldn't wait. :cryingwlaughter:

Congrats on the new puppy, Anna!! I think I must've missed the whole naming convo somehow - but did you ever consider Gonzo?

Hope you're feeling better soon. illness_animated.gif

P.S... I sent ya a little something that might help.

Or not! :hahaha:

Thanks Lotus for that link to the Fred Croshall interview; what in intersting interview and a great concept from the sounds of things! I really hope that this is the kind of thing that Clay is considering.

Scarlett, a few suggestions for your desert island library....

1. "What is the What" by Dave Eggers- a fascinating story about one young man's journey from civil war Somalia to the US. Listed as fiction because of legalities, but not really fiction. Co-written by the person who experienced it.

2. Any of the Stephanie Plum numbered novels by Janet Evanovich; hysterically funny murder mysteries. The non-numbered ones she's written, IMO, are not nearly as good.

3. The Memory Keeper's Daughter by ? (sorry) - fiction....excellent family history novel!

4. The Historian by ? - fiction around the Dracula legend. Gripping!

5. "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson if you haven't already read it; non-fiction about Afghanistan and one man's mission to build schools there.

Is canfly standing up yet? 'Cause HYCA is my mostest favorite from ATDW (actually, one of my mostest favorites from Clay, PERIOD). She'd better watch it, because I might hit her too...

Ha, ha! Missed me! :mockery-046: TM ... oh crap...somebody in Spamlot... middle-age brainfarts are a bitch.

I'll smack you if you want, canfly, smack.gif but once again - Scarlett and cindilu2? Not the same person. I do enjoy Here You Come Again though.

:hahaha:

Ouch. :Imok:

I thoughted that Scarlett was referencing you liking HYCA in her post? :shrug:

In anycase I figure, ya wanna hit me most of the time for being Miss Negativity, lol.

I really love HYCA (also smacks canfly, mostly for the "old broad who has the hots for Clay Aiken" remark!),

Ouch. :Imok:

Is canfly standing up yet? 'Cause HYCA is my mostest favorite from ATDW (actually, one of my mostest favorites from Clay, PERIOD). She'd better watch it, because I might hit her too... I love that song for the low "go" but I also love it because that is the one that they changed up the most (well, tied with BW) from the original. When I played ATDW for my husband, that was the song that perked his ears up -- thought it an inspired arrangement. And I will never forget Clay walking on stage during the intro to that song. Truly lovely, IMO.

Haven't caught up yet but in case nobody has hit canfly yet, I wanted to make sure it was taken care of. :gen069: Boy, that was fun.

Call me anytime somebody wants to smack her, at least so I can watch.

OUCH! :Imok:

Oh and ... Justclay? :finger:

You have your own drummer don't you

:shrug:

Doesn't everyone????

:rimshot:

Just as long as your drummer doesn't hit me too. *ducks*

stop hitting Canfly!!!

Tribeca is my new best friend! :thbighug-1:

I still hate HYCA though! It's right at the top of my least favourite Clay songs of all time!

:bolt:

OK, this has been bugging me ever since I learned that there was a dude named Jacob who sang backup and got fired in the middle of a Christmas show--can someone tell me which one? Please, please? For some strange reason, I'd kind of like to see it. :D

Love you too CF. :sleezy:

Clayzy, I know it was Christmas 2005 but not sure if it was Kansas City or right before that one. I'm not real good at that recall stuff so all I can give is approximate. Hope someone else can help.

Clayzy, I know it was Christmas 2005 but not sure if it was Kansas City or right before that one. I'm not real good at that recall stuff so all I can give is approximate. Hope someone else can help.

He was on stage for the first half of the Council Bluffs show 11-18-05. Didn't appear after that.

Alrighty! Thanks, jamar1700 and justclay12 for satisfying my curiousity!