#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

As for changing the name of TBAF, I'm all for it. I agree that the current name doesn't convey the mission of the foundation, and it's easily mispronounced. But I'll leave it to others to suggest a new name because my brain just doesn't operate on "pompous."ETA: If Clay had TMJ joint replacement surgery, it sounds pretty horrific!

I'm just not sure where people are getting "pompous" out of, I assume, gravitas? When have you EVER known Clay Aiken to be "pompous"?

How about Disabliities Inclusion Foundation (DIF) for short, like make a difference. I like that!

I lke that too!

My new name idea for BAF was Inclusive Children's Action Network -or- ICAN. To expand the focus to all, not just children, "Children" could be replaced with "Communities".

And that!

WOW....$50+ for a Clayonline membership....sure is lucky I love you, Clay! :(

Oh, dear God, I just read that description of the "little procedure"...if that's what he had done. :(:(

OW!! OW!! OW!!

I want to be on page 69.

ETA:

Oh look! Some content!

I mean if someone says their favorite Clay cd is this and I say mine is a different one who cares really. But telling someone they need to go into a hospital for treatment & therapy is just wrong.
Well... sometimes my best friends worry about my sanity.... was it the tone of the note that was so offensive? (I don't plan to go over to the OFC to view it because it would be the same as picking up a rock and hitting my own head)

I want to be on page 69.

why are so many Clay's fan obsessed with this number?

The RCA site had Clay born in 1969

every time he had an appearance on tv it would be listed with the year 1969

I use to think it was because when Clay was on idol he chose that number out of the hat & didn't know if he was a 6 or 9. But now I am thinking it is something else.

I want to be on page 69.

why are so many Clay's fan obsessed with this number?

The RCA site had Clay born in 1969

every time he had an appearance on tv it would be listed with the year 1969

I use to think it was because when Clay was on idol he chose that number out of the hat & didn't know if he was a 6 or 9. But now I am thinking it is something else.

*concentrates hard on how to put things delicately...* Uh, I wouldn't know because I'm too little. :cryingwlaughter:

Oh Scarlett we worry because we love the clack you. Oh not in THAT way of course! :cryingwlaughter:

Oh, riiiiight! Really appreciate that! :clap:

Some people, especially older ones, don't know the "PC" terms but still have good intentions . The tricky thing is how can you tell if you don't really know the person? If you know the person well you can have a better idea of what's in their heart.

That is so true, people are too quick to make ASSumptions about people they don't know, and when unsure, should be given the benefit of the doubt.

However, when it comes from someone who has no excuse, absolutely no excuse to NOT know what's totally inappropriate, then she should not be allowed to get away with it. e.g. Carol Thatcher - a woman of her age and background, she needs to be taken to task.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...--BaSk0RQgApmFQ

I know an older woman who sometimes longs for the good ol' days where everyone could say what they wanted without having to worry about being politically incorrect and ending up in hot water, in other words, she longed for days when ignorance was bliss. I tend to agree with Wayne Dyer who likes to use the orange analogy - if you squeeze an orange, you get orange juice. Carol Thatcher's squeeze produced her "true colors", so to speak.

Emphasize, empathize - it's still up against the wall!

bwah

ok we did two cups of chocolate cake. My microwave is 1100 watts. But I know my microwave always take less time than instructions call for so I put the first cup on 80% power. Way too high. LOL. The second cup we put on 60% power and that worked better. My neice had a lot of fun playing and mixing it all together. She put whipped cream on it. Too rich for my blood but I did have a fork full. I'll ask you in recipe area about one or two things i wasn't sure of.

I just got back from having dinner with some friends from where I used to work and maybe I'm just too tired but...I can't find the recipe area...I know it's here somewhere..please tell me where I can find it.

I just got back from having dinner with some friends from where I used to work and maybe I'm just too tired but...I can't find the recipe area...I know it's here somewhere..please tell me where I can find it.

"Personal Chit Chat" Thread

tribeca, google is your friend, just google "the number" you were inquiring about and add "meaning" *everything you always wanted to know, but were afraid to ask*

And Scarlett, sanity is relative. Quirkiness is part of your charm. Food for thought:

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. - Robin Williams

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line. - Oscar Levant

Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence. - Henrik Tikkanen

Part of being sane, is being a little bit crazy. - Janet Long

If we are talking about being irrational, I'm back. Sorry about my tired rant yesterday. Today is a new day and I don't have any plans other than to start painting again as we will have the SIL from hell visiting us in a few weeks. :Imok: I'm going to really try to not argue back this time.

I'm hoping that those who are so unhappy at the OFC have had their last hurrahs and will be let go as members, if they did not re-sign. I'm just not into that on the message board. Now in real life that's another thing. :cryingwlaughter:

Seems like many take the fact that M&G as well as tour tickets were not mentioned as bonuses on the OFC this time around as proof that Clay will not tour. As a glass half full kind of person, I'm thinking instead we will get some surprises that were not mentioned.

Nice banner 00lsee

I guess he got tired of reading what he didn't do, wasn't offered, not as promised......etc. etc. etc. (said in the best Yul Brunner accent of course) that he figured he won't offer anything other than the basics.

I wouldn't blame him if that was true. Here b**ch about this! And you know they will. Yep they'll re-up and continue to complain cos it's fun for them.

I renewed. Hard to believe it took them an extra month to come up with that though. *scratches head* Surely Clique is the most useless company on the planet. It's also a little weird to see photos from 2004 being used for their new merchandise. *scratches head harder* I do like the new font. :-) Wonder if Clay renewed yet. Took him a while last time, lol. I'll admit to being a little disappointed (though no longer surprised) that there was no word from Clay about it. A little 'come on, folks - I'm looking forward to seeing you all again' would go a long way.

I guess it's a case of being careful what you wish for. My minimum requirement for renewing was that they not make promises they aren't going to deliver. Surely even they can live up to this. It's (almost) literally the least they can do.:hahaha:

Ah well - a new day. I'm going to make a New Fanclub Year's resolution not to read the message board there (except for Clay's posts). I have no doubt that the people who live there only to bitch and complain will remain members. Where else can you buy a year's worth of entertainment (for it really must get them off to have such a captive audience) for $30?

Good Morning Everyone,

9 Days until Daylight Saving Time!

:yahoo:

21 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:yahoo:

32 Days until Playlist: The Best of Clay Aiken is available!:yahoo:

40 Days until Judge Aiken is holding Court on ANTM!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Last night I happened on C-Span while they were televising the Congressional Hearings on the merger of Ticketmater and Live Nation. Interesting stuff. The head of TM (I've forgotten his name already) absolutley refused to say how much the "fees" TM added to the ticket price were. Of course, he didn't come right out and say he refused, but waffled all over the place - it varies, I'd have to look it up, they are competitive, etc. etc.

The committee seemed to be against the merger, but it's hard to say. They were asking some very tough questions.

Here's a link to a Rolling Stone article on the hearing.

Seems like many take the fact that M&G as well as tour tickets were not mentioned as bonuses on the OFC this time around as proof that Clay will not tour. As a glass half full kind of person, I'm thinking instead we will get some surprises that were not mentioned.

Me too. And the 2004 photos? Probably cuz the hair is similar. LOL.

TGIF!!!!!

I knew I loved you! :BlowKiss:

I have no doubt that the people who live there only to bitch and complain will remain members. Where else can you buy a year's worth of entertainment (for it really must get them off to have such a captive audience) for $30?

For $19.99 actually, unless they want a travel mug to bitch about! :hysterical:

luckiest1 re the photos.....exactly!....and re TGIF....oh YAH!!

Had the weirdest experience with my GPS last night...has anyone else's done this? Three times in a row, in downtown Toronto it directed me to an intersection and told me to turn left....and then changed it's mind, as if I had taken a wrong turn (you know....recalculating!) Of course, by that time...I'm already in the left turn lane and committed! Twice I was able to abort and get out of the lane and go straight and once no chance...so I had a lovely tour of downtown Toronto at 9 PM last night. *sigh*

Luckiest1, looks like we're alone in the room....dum da dum dum....I'm thrilled with that mug too...can't WAIT for the six months it'll take to get here! :hahaha: I thought it was smart, though, NOT to do things that required sizing like they have been doing. Maybe that'll help the shipping times.

Last couple of years I've had to threaten through the BBB to get my package.

Luckiest1, looks like we're alone in the room....dum da dum dum....I'm thrilled with that mug too...can't WAIT for the six months it'll take to get here! :hahaha: I thought it was smart, though, NOT to do things that required sizing like they have been doing. Maybe that'll help the shipping times.

Last couple of years I've had to threaten through the BBB to get my package.

Nope, I'm in the room with you too! I've always gotten my stuff on time, but I remember the hassle you've had. I was pleased to re-up my membership, even though, like cindilu, I'm not reading there unless he blogs....and hopefully, he will now because he doesn't HAVE to.

I am nothing, if not optimistic! :)