#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

Wow...so much excitement in the room. I'm loving all the recaps and pictures and meet and greet stories. Very excited about the possibility of something in NYC. I never need a reason to go but darn I would love to go back and see him on stage.

March 12th is getting closer. I promise to do some scouting for a party and have a place set up by the end of the month. I may have to go exploring. I'm not really a SF person so will have to ask around and maybe go investigate it. Treenuts! whoo hooo almost here. You wanna have a field trip?

Does anyone have their tickets yet? I'm getting CONCERNED!

Great pics Cindilu!

And Lucky! I think it's hilarious that we all probably remember everything he ever did more than he does. I bet back them it looked HUGE.

:GM_FCA:

11 Days until Clay will be wowing us in Waukegan!

:yahoo:

May 10, 2011- Clay announced another tour. Since his fans have such diverse tastes, he will do an all request tour. Unfortunately Ben quit, saying " No way". Details to be announced later.

One million years or until hell freezes over (which ever comes first) until Clay gets his body tattooed with all the states he has toured in (do we then get to sign our names in our particular state?)

September 18, 2015 -- Clay hosts a one-night only benefit singing the entire catalog of the Beatles. He has to stop on the middle of "Why Don't We Do It in the Road?" when the stage is rushed with fans saying "Sure!"

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

More from last night, via Hope and Scarlett:

Jazzy/Big Band Medley Intro (too funny *g*): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChyxEGzLi3I

What Kind Of Fool Am I: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHrrGfyMKMI

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do: (Thud time) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNo8TehpgRE

"Crying" Waterbury: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoET4zL_SVw

Would it be too much to ask for the Clack of him singing Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl"? :please: I reaaaaally wanna see that!!

I don't think clack of that is up yet...at least I haven't seen any.

Kim

I want to see clack of Clay pointing to his crotch and mouthing 'penis'. whistling-1.gif What? I do. I can't quite imagine it. I heard the joke through the stream last night, loud and clear, but the only word that I couldn't make out was 'member', which was apparently what Dell was using in place of 'penis'. No wonder the joke made no sense to me. cryingwlaughter.gif

Have there been many other Cleveland m&g recaps posted? I read nekia's and I think one other at CV but that's it. I was definitely in a fog but a few things have come back to me, and I don't think this has been mentioned yet. Someone asked a question that I only heard parts of, but it was something about Clay's unique style of singing in this day and age, and comparing it to heirloom tomatoes and free range chickens....how 100 years ago all chicken roamed free, and all tomatoes would have been considered heirloom, but now they are considered special....it really made Clay laugh, and he said he thought it was sweet that she felt that way but he didn't really see it like that. Then he said something like "some days I feel like a free range chicken with it's head cut off!". cryingwlaughter.gif

BWAH!

From the CH, Quiet1ne:

myTalk 107.1 - Minneapolis/St. Paul

Clay Aiken won't be invisible tomorrow when he joins Jason and Alexis at 1:30p. They wanna know...what do you wanna know? What should they ask him?

Also...

A Foodies Life (Blog)

February 21, 2011

Clay Aiken in Waterbury, Ct.

I was on the phone with a friend of mine last Friday whom I hadn't seen in awhile. We had planned on getting together on Sunday. We decided that instead of just hanging out and drinking wine, what we normally do, we should go on an adventure. So I tasked myself with looking up concerts or anything that we could do that would be fun. I looked on pollstar.com and found that Clay Aiken was playing in Waterbury, Ct., about an hour and a half from where we live. I called her and asked if she wanted to go, she said 'yes' so I purchased the tickets. No I know what you all are saying, Clay Aiken? Really? If I was in the middle of a crowded room I don't know that I would scream "I love Clay Aiken." Ok, I know that I wouldn't but that's just because I'm generally pretty shy in big crowds. Secretly, I've loved Clay Aiken since he was on American Idol. He's living the dream, singing on stage, broadway etc. When I was young I have to say that I dreamed of doing the same thing. Anyway, so we made plans to meet and park my friends car where I work on Sunday afternoon and go exploring Waterbury, Ct.

<snip>

After two hours of drinking and eating we went over to The Palace Theatre next door to see Clay Aiken perform. When we entered even the lobby of the theatre my mood was transformed by the beauty of the space. We later found out that they had recently renovated the theatre and it was stunning. The crowd for a Clay Aiken was a little different than I was used to. After we sat down in our seats this usher brought these older ladies to the seats in front of us and I heard him say 'Ok ladies, you are not allowed to throw your panties.' The concert started right on time. The lights in the theatre went out, music started to play and we heard his beautiful signature voice. The night was an evening of oldies supporting his most recent album "Tried and True." Clay sang songs like "Buttercup", "Mack the Knife", and others. Even though he was feeling under the weather his voice sounded better than ever. While I was struck by his voice and the simplicity of the staging I was even more impressed with his personality. He joked the whole evening about his music, the fact that most men are forced to come to his concerts. At one point someone in the audience said something about wanting to meet him and he said "Join the fan club, I can be bought".

He went on a long rant about the music industry and how it's really a producing game now. Producers can make anyone sound good. To prove his point he got the lyrics to a song and just read them, then the musical director digitized it to make it sound different. He said that every night the band picked a new song that they wanted to hear him 'read'. He never know's what the song was until right before he does it. The musical director handed him the lyrics to "I Kissed a Girl". He performed it and at the end of the song a girl from the balcony yelled "Maybe you should give it a try." He walked over to the side of the balcony she was on and said 'if you jump down here I'll give it a try.'

Mr. Aiken finished the evening with his version of 'Unchained Melody' and then for his encore sang 'In My Life'. A perfect way to end the evening sitting next to a great friend. If you ever get a chance go see Clay Aiken in concert. He's not showy, there is no pretense, he just is who is he is. There is something to be said for that.

Couchie, did you say field trip? :meme: Just let me know...

This is a must see..especially the end when gets intimate with the mic!

Kim

Dayum! He looked like he was channeling a little Sammy Davis Jr. in that medley. His dancing/body moves were :Thud: I can't tell you how many times I've watched him kiss that mic!! He was ON FIRE and knew it last night! It was magic. I hope there's some lightening left to capture in that bottle when he get's to SF. I am soooo fucking stoked I may stroke before he get's on stage. :dancetom:

Either he got some major dirty hot mansex the night before or he received a really good offer for something career wise! He is positively glowing&crowing in the videos from Waterbury!

:GM_FCA:

10 Days until Clay will be wowing us in Waukegan!

:yahoo:

May 10, 2011- Clay announced another tour. Since his fans have such diverse tastes, he will do an all request tour. Unfortunately Ben quit, saying " No way". Details to be announced later.

One million years or until hell freezes over (which ever comes first) until Clay gets his body tattooed with all the states he has toured in (do we then get to sign our names in our particular state?)

September 18, 2015 -- Clay hosts a one-night only benefit singing the entire catalog of the Beatles. He has to stop on the middle of "Why Don't We Do It in the Road?" when the stage is rushed with fans saying "Sure!"

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Via the CH, from amazed in nj from CV:

I am still flying high from the concert and my M&G yesterday. :wub: I am still in the Clay-fog, but there were a few things Clay said he wanted put on the boards.

The first was about cellphones. He started by saying that he thought cellcerts were "cute." (Either the term or the concept, I'm not quite sure) But then he added that he does not like when people hold their phones up or talk on their phones during the show and distract others around them. He went on to tell about someone (possibly in the second row) who was talking on their cellphone and the person in front of them turned around and told the person behind her to be quiet. Clay was quite happy the woman did that! So he hoped to get the word out that if you do a cellcert, to do it discreetly so as not to disturb those around you. (Sounds like common courtesy to me.)

When asked if we'd be seeing him this summer, he said no. Then he stated that he was not going to be touring this summer, so we could feel free to plan our vacations, summer jobs, etc. He said that he's asked that question at every M&G. (He focused on touring, though the question was about seeing him in any capacity.)

<snip>

Feb 21 2011, 07:19 PM

Sounds to me that aikim needs a few more "Clay dates" from us so she can keep her morning countdown going! Hee. It also sounds to me that I'll finally have time to work on my song from the Best of the Timeless tour stuff (HA) plus a best of something from this tour as well.

Via Wild Orchid at the OC:

To Charlotte-area folks: Clay will be a guest on the Charlotte Today TV show at 11 a.m. Wednesday on WCNC. Colleen, the cohost, has interviewed him before and loves him.

My Talk 107.1

Clay on the radio RIGHT NOW!

Joking with the DJ's, having a problem with the reception of his cell phone. Switching to the "Can you hear me now?" company!

Gets a "rush" when the curtain comes up and people are cheering for you, but it's now also a part of his life after 8 years.

Much of his work is offstage, so when he gets onstage, he really appreciates it.

Talking about the Project, being an ambassador to UNICEF, and also GSLEN.

Asked if being on Idol was a good or bad experience. Can't be considered bad, because he wouldn't be here because of it...and then they lost the call. Crap.

The DJ is now talking about his favorite Clay song -- cool, it's Proud of Your Boy. Playing it now! EEEEEE!

OH BWAH!! He literally JUST changed cell phone providers right before this phone call, told the lady not to do the switch when he was on the phone -- and the did it anyway! That's why the call was lost. But now he's on Verizon, and I have to admit the phone is a LOT clearer!

Talking now about POYB being the first time singing with an orchestra. At the time, the most thrilling thing he had ever done.

Asked if he's ever been in Minneapolis before -- talks about the first AI tour starting there. But the Mall of America is a "behemoth" for him, only been there once.

Talking about touring with Ruben last summer.

The station gave a person who had a traumatic brain injury this past year tickets to the show, and Clay gave her a shout out.

These DJ's are GUSHING about how sweet he is.

Very cool interview!