#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

I have a question for OFC M&G people.... I'm not sure who has and hasn't had one yet (oops) but I'm just wondering, is it a lot shorter this time around from the past few tours where you have a sit and chat? I'm texting with a friend who just got out from hers and she said it was short (probably felt even faster). It had to only maybe be around 15 minutes between her texts before and after. Is that right? Or does it still stand that if you have a really good question/conversation that it lasts a bit longer? Or are they cutting it because of PBS M&Gs?

Okay so that's more than one but I'm just wondering on average how long this tours M&Gs are.

We were both trying to wrack our brains before hand trying to think of a question for him but my best suggestion probably came too late. Maybe I could toss it out there for someone else who is having trouble? :) And hoping maybe it wasn't asked tonight.

Quick comments for tonight's concert:

Clay was in absolute gorgeous voice.

He is amazingly funny.

The eHP rules (or as 00lsee would put it, "Aaaaargh!")

Apparently if you leave your car in the Macy's Garage after a certain period of time, they lock your car up. And the eHP has to drive you home, which is probably a good thing after 3 bellinis and something called a XXX rated pink martini.

C'est la vie!

Quick comments for tonight's concert:

Clay was in absolute gorgeous voice.

He is amazingly funny.

The eHP rules (or as 00lsee would put it, "Aaaaargh!")

Apparently if you leave your car in the Macy's Garage after a certain period of time, they lock your car up. And the eHP has to drive you home, which is probably a good thing after 3 bellinis and something called a XXX rated pink martini.

C'est la vie!

bwah ha ha. I think fun may have been had by all.

Real quick post before I go to work.........I want you guys to say thank you to keeping faith and I. In the meet and greet she blurted out omg Clay your hair looks fabulous and I did too. It was soft and spiky and It looked like you could run your fingers through it..gah! He laughed and said why does everyone keep telling me my hair looks great....I just got out of the shower! At that point we said simultaneously well then you need to keep it like that because it looks great. And it looks like he did. Lol!

We had a long conversation with Ernie Manouse and in will post more later but he sold the most DVDs of that interview than any other. I told him a lot of people want to know how they can see it. Well he said you could call you local PBS station and request the series of interviews. I will email him later today to get all the particulars of the series and he wants to make sure we request the series and not just the Clay episode. Those are no charge to the PBS stations so it is a win win. We get to see it, Clay gets exposure and the stations have a show to air.

I will post the details as soon as I hear back on what we need to say. We told him we could certainly do that. He is a really nice man and really likes Clay, said it was one of his favorite interviews.

Thanks merrieeee for the information on the Manouse interviews. He sounds like a really good interviewer in general, and I'd love to suggest to my local PBS station for them to get him. (Plus, I can then watch that Clay interview!)

He's looking fine (I think he got a haircut between Friday's and Saturday's shows), but I'd also give credit to the Houston crew. Thanks merrieeee and kf!

Help Needed

Here is an email I received from Ernie Manouse about getting the information out regarding the InnerVIEWS interview series that includes Clay's interview. If we can do this it will be seen all over the country by more than just fans.

Please do not just request the Clay episode only but the whole series. Ernie was very clear about that.

Last night was a blast – thank you for making it so much fun for me!

As far as getting InnerVIEWS... and the Clay interview out there – here is the info you need:

We are currently distributing our 8th Season of “InnerVIEWS with Ernie Manouse” to PBS stations across the country (this is the season with the Clay Aiken episode)… We need the help of the Clay fans to make sure this series (and Clay) are seen… and it is so easy to do…

1) We need EVERY Clay fan (outside of the Houston area – cause we already air the show ;-) ) to call their local PBS station and ask to speak to the director of programming, or someone in the programming department.

2) Then they need to ask those folks if they are currently airing (or planning to air) the new season of InnerVIEWS with Ernie Manouse (Season 8) – if the station says yes – GREAT!,

3) If they are told NO – the Clay fans NEED to request that the station start airing the series!

4) The station may need to know the following:

The show is currently being distributed by NETA (National Educational Telecommunications Association)

It is being “feed” every Saturday at 1230 – 1300 ET/SD07 (the stations will know what that means)

The series is currently feeding, but will begin again re-feeding on Saturday, March 26th

TO locate the contact information for your local PBS station – all you have to do is use this handy link: http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/index.html

Having you folks help us out with this will make sure that the Clay episode (and our entire series) will be seen by many more PBS viewers than ever before!

Please let me know if you need anything else – but posting on message boards, or send out an email blast would be a huge help!

Please feel free to take this to other boards

ARGH!!!! I am beyond frustrated with the Charlotte PBS station. I have been back and forth with them since August about my tickets & M&G passes, and I finally got an email today that they still have them because "you live in Canada". Never mind the fact that I provided them with a US address months ago and was assured they would be sent there. Never mind we are a week out from the concert and not only do we have no tickets, we don't even know where our seats are. Did I say ARGH?????????????????!!!!!!!!!

ARGH!!!! I am beyond frustrated with the Charlotte PBS station. I have been back and forth with them since August about my tickets & M&G passes, and I finally got an email today that they still have them because "you live in Canada". Never mind the fact that I provided them with a US address months ago and was assured they would be sent there. Never mind we are a week out from the concert and not only do we have no tickets, we don't even know where our seats are. Did I say ARGH?????????????????!!!!!!!!!

As the person with the US address, who is using two of those tickets, can I repeat ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't that long ago (Jan. 6) that you were assured yet again that the tickets would be mailed to me, because I still have a copy of that forwarded email. Did I repeat ARGH!!!!! I think Clay learned his definition of "soon" in Charlotte.

I think Fatima dropped the ball. This new person's name is Stacy. I am not sure what is worse, trusting them to mail them in time to get to you jmh123, or trusting them to " leave the concert tickets at the will call and meet either Fatima or myself shortly before the meet and greet and we can personally hand you your tickets and meet and greet passes", which was the other option I was given.

Oooohhhhhhmmmmmmm

ETA: Seriously, not that it matters at this late date, but why the hell could they *not* ship the tickets to Canada? It might cost them an extra 50 cents??????

Oooohhhhhhmmmmmmmm

Believe it or not, I was quite polite in my response to her. Last thing I want to do is get her back up LOL.

ETA and my politeness pays off. My mom would be so proud. ORCH LEFT ROW G. :) Not nearly as bad as I was expecting. twinklewhore.gif

In trying to log in here, I forgot my sign in information and have been looking everywhere. Success!

C'est la vie!

You should have stayed at the Hyatt with me.

sheiladownunder and I ended up closing down the Hyatt lounge.

And, the thingie at Birraporetti's was a Heaventini. And it isn't made with XXX, it is, ahem,

X-Rated Liqueor

Grey Goose Vodka

Cointreau

In no particular order.

I felt like I was in heaven.

After uncharacteristically bitching about his hair -- the rooster "monolith" thing -- at CV, and since I was the first person he greeted when he came out for our M&G, I felt obliged to acknowledge the new haircut and said, "Clay, I love your hair." He did his cute face thing and said, "Everybody keeps saying my hair looks great and I just got out of the shower." And merrieeee, next to me, said, "Keep it that way." It looked fantastic up close. And his SKIN! OMG!

And we were so bold last night -- in many ways. It was divine. Note to merrieeee: We did make it happen, didn't we? I don't know what I'd do without you.

Ernie was fantastic too. He was incredulous that of the 131 shows he has done of Innerviews, and all the DVDs that PBS has sold of that series, none has come close to selling as much as Clay's did. merrieeee and I explained it to him. Ernie asked us what it was about Clay that made us all so devoted --- he's seen a lot of celebrities but no one who has fans so loving and dedicated as Clay's. Again, we explained to him ... in detail.

merrieeee and I have stories.

Oh, and Clay told me "It's so nice of you to share" (my red sharpie). And I told HIM, "Thank you for coming" when he left. I'm just remembering bits and pieces now. I can't wait for my picture with his arm around me ... and he signed my copy of Learning to Sing. And he was, as Carol Burnett would intone, ... "squeak, WONNN-derful" -- the whole night was. I'll share more when I can think again and I don't have to pretend to be working.

Hint for the recap: He's never sounded better. Ever.

But first a little crummy photography from my cellphone (I can't wait for the REAL photographers to post because he was GORGEOUS, BABY):

2011-02-14203323-1.jpg

2011-02-142045520.jpg

2011-02-14195835.jpg

2011-02-14195113.jpg

2011-02-14200135.jpg

Does anyone know of a car rental outfit in NC that will not charge you an arm and a leg to pick up in Charlotte and drop off in Raleigh? We had spec'ed it out and the rates weren't any different, but when we went to book one today we discovered that they seem to charge an additional $80 'drop fee' for the convenience of two different cities. Eeeep.

Does anyone know of a car rental outfit in NC that will not charge you an arm and a leg to pick up in Charlotte and drop off in Raleigh? We had spec'ed it out and the rates weren't any different, but when we went to book one today we discovered that they seem to charge an additional $80 'drop fee' for the convenience of two different cities. Eeeep.

My friend (my local concert buddy) is driving by herself from Charlotte to Raleigh the next morning, while lilyshine and I head on to Greenville. Maybe you can just ride with her? When do you have to be at the airport? You've met her several times, I think. She went with me to Asheville and at least one other concert where we've run into you, I think. It wasn't Cary though; she was in the back. Where could it have been? Ah, Spamalot. Was she with me when we found that we had seats right next to you and the luckiest kids in the balcony one time?

Thanks for thinking of that jmh123, but we are also coming to Greenville. We plan to head to Raleigh on Friday, and are going to stay there until Sunday, visiting with friends. So our plan was to rent a car in Charlotte on Wednesday and drop it off in Raleigh on Sunday.

:GM_FCA:

Exciting times! Hope you get find a reasonable Charlotte-Raleigh solution, luckiest1!

Tuesday's Carolina blog: Clay Aiken Concert a Smash Hit in Houston features two of Scarlett's videos, fan recaps, the photo slide show, etc. As always, your visits/comments help in the Google/Internet scheme.

The blog entry literally went "live" a few minutes before I ran out the door to teach music lessons at the academy. Too bad there's no concert to recap today because Wednesday I have no students. Guess I'll enjoy my mid-week "mini." :whistling-1:

Btw, the Carolina blog has received visits from two more countires bringing the total to 165. The latest are Botswana (Africa) and the Northern Mariana Islands (halfway between Hawaii and the Philippines). :)

Thnx for all the updates. Y'all have a great day! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Via beagle3 at the CH:

Clay is being interviewed right now on this stream....

ihttp://www.ideastream.org/players/wcpn_128s

It just ended....it was a nice interview. No new info and his concert Saturday night was promoted.

Here's a red report from CB......

Can't Take My Eyes Off You playing!

At age 15, he did UCM at a local talent show. His mom wanted him to record it someday, go to Nashville, have a big hit. Six months later Leann Rimes had a big hit with it.

His "brother-in-law" David Foster always asks him to do UCM at events.

Clay insisted on UCM and Moon River on the album. Ben Cohn could only do a few arrangements but Clay asked him to do UCM. Happy to have his own version. Key change and bridge are different.

They played a clip of UCM.

Kind of Hush - didn't really like when he put it together. David Novik gave him a list of 150 songs. Sang songs in garage or shower. Used "outfit on mannequin" analogy. Loved it once he tried "Hush" in the shower. Decided to take it in direction of songs with horns and orchestral. One of his favorite songs on the album and to perform now. Now playing a clip of Kind of Hush.

Interviewer asked how did you feel about the American Idol experience?

Had not watched the first season, was pressured into by a friend, did not know what the precedent was. First season ended in August, he auditioned in October, so he didn't know if it was a good fit. Remains one of his favorite experiences. When he was on the show, it was a reincarnation of a variety show - 70s and 80s. (doing solos, medleys).

She asked about his transformation; he said he came a mess and they had to fix it.

He grew up in Raleigh, was going to be a special ed teacher, didn't care how he dressed or his hair, didn't realize he was being transformed until the show was over.

Was it a fit for him afterwards? Yes, because none of it would have happened for him. Got some sense of style, had an amazing education from the show.

I just got an email from fifty2thirty.......it is the pic from my Meet & Greet. No one and I mean no one is going to see the pic of me ever!

Hmm maybe I can Photoshop myself out of it......Clay looks pretty good!

I wanna see merrieeee! I promise not to look at YOU...I only have eyes for Clay!

90.3 (Cleveland, OH) Public Radio Interview with Clay

This is the interview summarized above. Clay's portion starts about about 17:50.

ETA:

pittsburghlive.com

Clay Aiken Believes the Music Should Be About the Singer

Clay Aiken believes the music should be about the singer

By Kellie B. Gormly

PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pop star Clay Aiken sometimes wonders whether he was born in the wrong era, since he has such an affinity for oldies music from his parents' time, in the '50s and '60s.

With two musician parents, music was always playing around the North Carolina home where Aiken grew up. Some of the old favorites he heard all the time -- like "Suspicious Minds," "It's Only Make Believe," "Moon River" and "Crying" -- ended up as cuts on his fifth studio album, "Tried and True," his first with Decca Records. Aiken, who is bringing his "Tried and True" tour to Munhall on Friday, says he feels right at home on this album, which was almost effortless.

"When I started singing, these were the songs that fit into the category of great melodies sung by people who could really sing," Aiken says. "It feels like a glove."

"Tried and True," Aiken says, is about "beautiful melody and beautiful songs, rather than being radio-friendly."

That's the way music should be, he says -- but today, that often isn't the case. Modern music, he says, can sound like the musical equivalent of airbrushing.

"I just think music then was about the melody, and it was about the song, and it was about the singer," he says. "I definitely see that it ... takes talent to do a lot of the stuff that was on the radio.

"Now, the performer doesn't necessarily have the talent," Aiken says. "The producer has the talent. Back in the 50s and 60s, they sang it live while they scratched it onto vinyl. That's how good they were."

"Tried and True," which came out in June of last year, includes two songs -- "Unchained Melody" and "Mack the Knife" -- that Aiken sang when he was a contestant on the second season of "American Idol." Aiken has given up on his training grounds and no longer watches "Idol" regularly, though he acknowledges the show's importance on his path.

"Once you know how the sausage is made, it's a little tougher to eat it," he says. Aiken watched the season after his, and it brought back nervous memories. "When people would get cut ... I found myself being transported mentally to that stressful environment. My palms were sweating. It made me horribly nervous.

"I have no doubt about the fact that I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for high school, but ... I don't go back to the football games," Aiken says.

Aiken does much more than sing. He has appeared on many television shows, including "The Insider," "The Morning Show," "All My Children" and "Days of Our Lives." Aiken does charity work as chairman and co-founder of the National Inclusion Project, which helps children with disabilities, and he also works as a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF. In 2008, Aiken made his Broadway debut in the musical "Monty Python's Spamalot," as Sir Robin.

That same year, Aiken came out publicly as gay, although he had been out for awhile to many people close to him. It wasn't as hard to come out as it seemed, says the born-again Christian.

"I think Christians get a bad rap sometimes because the loud mouthpieces are more hypocritical," Aiken says. "I know plenty of Christians who are supportive and loving and accepting."

Kellie B. Gormly can be reached at kgormly@tribweb.com or 412-320-7824.