#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

Silly me hasn't even had my concert yet (13 days and counting), and I'm looking at flights for San Francisco! Sadly, it would cost me at least $800 for me to fly round trip. As much as I KNOW I'm going to want to go to one more concert, I think I'm going to have to satisfy myself with one.

Besides, I might need a Clay fix in the middle of October. The Gala this year is sounding pretty good to me...

I am now officially stashing money for NYC and that Broadway role he says is "on the table." For Clay to say that, he must already have the contract in his pocket.

Original Cast Album anyone?

:GA_FCA:

An interesting aside in writing the new Carolina On My Mind blog was the search by several of us -- Scarlett, Canfly, Hope, and I -- to determine the bass player's name. I finally tweeted Quiana, and she replied with his name. Clay talks so fast that none of us could catch it. He is Del Atkins, in case you need to know. I sent Scarlett a text (novice that I am on this new iPhone) that it takes a village, and she wrote back ... "A nation!" So true! :cryingwlaughter:

The Carolina blog features four videos by Scarlett and Canfly as well as the handsome lead photo by cameocat. Thnx to the social networking phenom Ms Parler, all band members are listed.

Special thank you to all who promote the blogs with your comments/visits, tweets, Facebook posts, links, etc., all of which help in the Google scheme of things. :wub:

News bulletin:

0 days! 0 days!!!!!! twinklewhore.giftwinklewhore.giftwinklewhore.gif

Have a great time -- luckiest1, cindilu2, bottlecap, and all others heading to Cleveland! :yahoo:

All the best to Mr. Fear! The knee is next on my list of stuff to fix.

Have an awesome weekend, FCA! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

Those are some sertiously YUMMY photos, bc! Thanks for bringing them over! :hubbahubba:

How long till San Francisco? I cannot wait. I have never been to California and I can't wait to see you all. Party time??????

:yeahthat:(bolded part)

Couchie? Anyone planning anything? I mean it's freaking San Francisco for crying out loud! The choices are endless :yahoo:

Next time I'm going to Big Sur and Sausalito and Carmel and the wine country .... maybe two weeks!

Don't you dare make plans without me for that next visit! I intend to drink my way through the wine country with you. LOL :cocktail:

[i am now officially stashing money for NYC and that Broadway role he says is "on the table." For Clay to say that, he must already have the contract in his pocket.

WHAT??? That's wonderful news! When did he say this??? How did I miss it. Can you please point me to where this was mentioned. thx

[i am now officially stashing money for NYC and that Broadway role he says is "on the table." For Clay to say that, he must already have the contract in his pocket.

WHAT??? That's wonderful news! When did he say this??? How did I miss it. Can you please point me to where this was mentioned. thx

I'm not keepingfaith, but I read it in all4luv's M&G recap over at CV.

treenuts, I see shorty answered your question. Yeah, he said it in a m&g. And hey treebaby, my friend, I got my hands on him this time, and just beween us, he feels damned good. And when I felt his arm around me I almost broke out into some vintage Barbra ... "he touched me" -- yeah I wasn't efuhfuhfuhfected. I'm fuhfuhfuhffffine.

Recap: Best concert ever! I finally found a setting on my camera that was a halfway successful. I was too far back for close ups, but some are postworthy anyway.

th_IMG_0060.jpg

Just for you, bottle

th_IMG_0056.jpg

Finally, I got a pic of the tug!!

th_IMG_0054.jpg

How big?????

th_IMG_0045.jpg

I love it when he laughs

th_IMG_0043.jpg

th_IMG_0040.jpg

th_IMG_0024.jpg

th_IMG_0022.jpg

th_IMG_0013.jpg

He makes me smile so

th_IMG_0010.jpg

Typing on cindilu2's little notebook so ignore the mistakes. My M&G was great, I loved it. Jerome ushered us all in and told us there weren't really any rules, told us we were free to take pictures etc at the concert, just no flash. Then he left to get Clay and we sat there for a while talking amongst ourselves. A theatre employee came over and seemed angry at us for being in there, she said no one was allowed in there. We explained about Jerome and she said he had neglected to inform management. Thankfully he picked that moment to come back with Clay. Getting to see Clay the person rather than Clay the performer was unreal. He is so animated, so at ease, so friendly, so open, so generous....we sat in two rows in the theatre and he stood in front of us in an aisle. When he first arrived he shook each of our hands and asked our names. I remember mine, go figure! Then Mary collected things to sign while people started asking him questions. It was all a bit much at first and I missed a lot of his answers until I got my stuff organized. Some people were just asking the questions while others were raising their hands. I am a 'raise my hand' type, but others kept getting the opporunity. I thought maybe it wasn't meant to be but then he said 'ok one more question' and pointed at me. Thank you Clay. I am not assertive enough to just shout it out. Anyways I asked him how he came up with Love Story as the opening song on this tour. He said that it was considered for the album but didn't make the cut, so that is why he chose it. I told him I loved it and others chimed in to agree. As for the item I gave Mary to have autographed, I took the page out of one of my scrapbooks. Originally I was thinking of something more recent, but last night I realized that this concert was going to be in the same theatre that the 2003 Kissmass concert was in, so it seemed fitting to choose that page. On it, I have pictures of myself and my daughter modeling an Indians jersey (the one someone won in an auction from the AI tour) and I have my tickets and other BAF stuff, as well as some photos of Clay on stage. He looked at it for a minute (probably trying to figure out where to sign) then said that he was sorry but he had to sign on top of something. I said it's ok, just turn it over and there is more room on that side. So he did and signed it a second time. :) I think my favourite part of the whole thing was the picture. He lined everyone up and then we went up one by one as he motioned us to. It was just so cool to have that invitation to come forward, and he is so welcoming. I said 'hi' (great, eh?) and then while I posed and smiled I asked him if he remember that this was the Kissmas Concert theatre. He said he thought it might be but it seemed so much bigger then! Then I explained that that was why I had him sign that page, and he said "oh, ok, I get it now!" I hope the picture turns out, since I was talking the whole time. LOL.

Wow, some really good pics from the last two nights!

<------- Let's just pretend this is my M&G pic and this is how far away Clay requested I stand. Ya know, being a treenut and "whatnot". heh

Great M&G photos! So luckiest, merieeee & kf, you all had a chance to manhandle our man huh?! I won't say I'm not jealous of you very lucky bitches ladies, so I'll just say I'm living vicariously through each of you.

*shallow moment*

I'm LOVING his hair this way. Soft, w/just a slight wave and the color is fantastic without a lot of product in it! :hubbahubba: I hope he keeps it like this for SF. And that blue v-neck sweater fits him so well. Accentuates all the right things like shoulders, chest, length of upper torso, arms....now if only he were to find a nice ( read: tighter :whistling-1: ) pair of jeans :Thud: I may need sedation if he shows up like that in SF! Oh yea, and of course he'll be singing too. Though I probably would pay to just be able to sit and look at him.

what?

/shallow moment

keepingfaith and merrieeeelove your M&G photos. I'll most likely shatter the camera lens should I have one taken at my M&G. luckiest, I'm so glad you had a great M&G. Interesting about "LoveStory". Found some more Clay stuff in emptying the boxes I had shoved stuff from my office into. I could have him autograph the "Ugly Duckling" cd or the European compilation cd he is on.

It was so beautiful yesterday. I wheeled Mr Fear outside on the deck off his room and got several of his trees out of the greenhouse so he could repot and rewire them. Trying to do some heavy duty cleaning as his sister and BIL will be coming here the day I get back from Greenville. Yikes. Three more days and I'm off. :twinklewhore:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for all my friends here at FCA: merrieeee and kf, what great pictures!; bc and cindilu, for getting a great concert last night; and to luckiest1, for her FANTASTIC M&G! Thanks for the pictures, recaps, etc.

I'm thrilled that he's starting the show with Love Story. It's a beautiful song

Downloading the opera clack right now...

:GM_FCA:

12 Days until Clay will be wowing us in Waukegan!

:yahoo:

May 10, 2011- Clay announced another tour. Since his fans have such diverse tastes, he will do an all request tour. Unfortunately Ben quit, saying " No way". Details to be announced later.

One million years or until hell freezes over (which ever comes first) until Clay gets his body tattooed with all the states he has toured in (do we then get to sign our names in our particular state?)

September 18, 2015 -- Clay hosts a one-night only benefit singing the entire catalog of the Beatles. He has to stop on the middle of "Why Don't We Do It in the Road?" when the stage is rushed with fans saying "Sure!"

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim