# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

I actually got lucky and heard this interview live (love having Satellite Radio in my car and an errand to run!) It really is a good interview -- he's so great.

Bigger pictures from the visit to Trump on Tuesday:

459868_10151719537430725_153080620724_24393682_83565395_o.jpg

474732_430927836931983_295644160460352_1457822_1764082208_o.jpg

Tweeted by EW's Dalton Ross -

Dalton Ross ‏@DaltonRoss

Had a blast talking #CelebrityApprentice with @clayaiken & @ArsenioOFFICIAL today for the @InsideTVPodcast. Will post later this week.

6:49 PM - 16 May 12 via web

And get that OutQ radio interview, it really is good.

ETA: I'm reading at OC that Clay attended this play last night: Methtacular! Steven Strafford, the person who wrote and performs this show, tweeted it:

Clay Aiken was at @Methtacular tonight.

Listened to the radio interview also luckiest but through a download. We don't have Serius. I disagreed with Clay on his conservative fans. Although there are some, I think most of the fans I met are far from conservative. I do live in a red state but I can't help that, just like a conservative fan living in a blue state. I am really happy that he is so comfortable in his skin. Everyone deserves the right to persue their happiness- sorry Declaration of Independence for that change in phrasing.

Just finished Dr Oz's 48 hour cleansing. I lost three pounds and Mr. fear lost five. I had a bad cold during the process but now that I have my coffee again, I'm feeling a whole lot better. I'm going to count calories again as I'm not very hungry after that ordeal.

Fear, I caught that too about the "red state" thing. I think in the early days, that might have been truer, but not so much now.

I LOVE Clay's tweet from this morning!

ha ha. I've never been into the hair. I swear what some thinks look good I think looks whack. So I'm definitely no judge. I think Clay and I are simpatico on our hair. Of course I don't have people critiquing mine every day publicly.

Clay and Arsenio were just on the Today show together. From CV:

It was really fast --

they became friends when they met hiding in the corner at the opening "get together party"

Clay says "we look so much alike"

laughing ... talking a little about working against each other this time, but they won a lot when they worked together ... Arsenio claimed that he was the one who won when they were separated onto different teams, but Clay reminded him about the puppets -- Arsenio wrestled Clay -- Arsenio said he learned he was not very trusting ... waited to hear bad things from others in confessionals, but Clay really was nice/honest

all paraphrased here

Just finished Dr Oz's 48 hour cleansing. I lost three pounds and Mr. fear lost five. I had a bad cold during the process but now that I have my coffee again, I'm feeling a whole lot better. I'm going to count calories again as I'm not very hungry after that ordeal.

I was wondering if anyone did that and how it worked. I think I'd still like to try. :)

RE: Clay's hair.... I'm feeling lucky I keep my opinions to myself sometimes, this is one of those times. LOL My mom though is another story. As soon as the hairdresser for this press tour tweeted, I told her...if you see Clay and don't like his hair, you can't blame him! For her hair is an issue, haha!!

I JUST missed him on the Today Show. I was up on time but not fast enough onto the boards. Can't wait for Clack!

New appearance (thanks to a friend):

Encore Celebration Gala, Center for the Performing Arts, Carmel, Indiana

June 16, 2012

Encore Celebration Gala

presented by Krieg DeVault

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Great American Songbook Hall of Fame 2012 Inductees:

Cole Porter, Alan & Marilyn Bergman and Barry Manilow

Join us for our season finale Encore Celebration Gala presented by Krieg DeVault. The entire evening includes:

• 5:30pm | First Merchants Bank Red Carpet Cocktail Reception
  • 7:00pm | Gala Performance with Michael Feinstein, Clay Aiken, Andrea McArdle, Lari White, and other special guests honoring the music of Great American Songbook Hall of Fame inductees
  • 9:00pm | Lavish post-performance dinner with gourmet food and open bar in the Maker's Mark Dining Pavilion
  • 10:30pm | Katz, Sapper & Miller After Party featuring a diverse mix of "music clubs" located throughout the Center's state-of-the-art campus including guest DJ, Tony Okungbowa - from "The Ellen DeGeneres Show"

Tickets are $200 each. AND -- it's pretty much sold out already. (I looked, as this is close enough for me to get to!)

shortyjill, my problem with the cleansing was that I don't like bold flavors. They use a lot of spices. On the Serus radio show Clay mentioned people liking bland things but nobody goes to the store and buys vanilla ice cream. I do. I also make vanilla ice cream some times. Mr. fear loved the soup for dinner and the smoothie for lunch. The ingredients are pretty costly but we both feel pretty good today. Google Dr Oz 48 hour cleansing diet for all the details including recipes and shopping list. There are a couple of videos there also.

I could care less what Clay's hair looks like or even what he wears. Although he did wear a gorgeous turquoise sweater in Charlotte last year but then he said somewhere that he would never wear it again. I only care that he remains pretty happy and keeps singing.

National Inclusion Project Gala 2012 website

Tickets are not being sold as of yet; a third party entity will be doing the selling. Ticket pricing the same as previous years ($250 being the cheapest ticket). You'll know your seat when you buy your ticket.

Hotel is the JW Marriott, next door to the Theater. $219.00 per night special rate is mentioning the Gala. VIP Reception also being held at this hotel.

No silent auction this year, and no dinner/luncheon. Finally, no video/audio recording!

______

In other news...Clip from The Today Show this morning!

ETA: How CUTE was that? Clay looked awesome, and his friendship with Arsenio was on full display. I'm gonna watch that clip a LOT today.

And I'm off to nominate something Clay said as a thread title...

shortyjill, my problem with the cleansing was that I don't like bold flavors. They use a lot of spices. On the Serus radio show Clay mentioned people liking bland things but nobody goes to the store and buys vanilla ice cream. I do. I also make vanilla ice cream some times. Mr. fear loved the soup for dinner and the smoothie for lunch. The ingredients are pretty costly but we both feel pretty good today. Google Dr Oz 48 hour cleansing diet for all the details including recipes and shopping list. There are a couple of videos there also.

I looked through the list and thought it sounded good. :) My thing is I'm a picky eater and most cleanses I thought were like a lot of veggies, salads or gross sounding smoothies and I just can't do that...but this one looks so normal which is why I want to do it. I'm up for bold flavors too. I'm making Arroz Con Pollo tonight for dinner!

On topic -- Clay is looking gorgeous today!!

Sadly, no I didn't. The only seats available were in the bum-fu** balcony, and I haven't had a chance to talk to my husband about it. From what my friend says, Carmel Indiana is a well-off suburb of Indianapolis, and people won't think twice about spending that money to be seen at this swank affair. I think it's not in the cards at this time.

On the other hand, plans for the Gala seem to be a go so far! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!