# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

Speaking of the Gala...

I started a thread for the Gala!

PM me or post in the thread and I'll start a representing list. We can also do some planning for pre/post sightseeing/dinners/parties! I personally would like to stay at the "official" hotel, even if it might be more expensive, just because I like being where the action is!

ETA: Another picture posted by Stuffed and Unstrung, with a "Caption This":

Capture-1.jpg

I was watching the tweets fly last night as I sat at my son's baseball game, freezing to death. I didn't see that one to SassyBizzness though (probably because it went just to her) so thanks for bringing it over. The one where someone called him a flaming fruitcake and he said something like "then u should eat me" just had me on the floor. I love the way Clay doesn't back down to people. And I was doing a happy dance for you, ldyj, when you got a #HOLLA! So was luckiestdaughter. I haven't seen the MSNBC thing from last night yet (he was on, right?)

Yes, he was on last night. Can you watch at work luckiest?

Ed Show link from last night

The Showbiz Tonight clip was mostly posted online last night before the show. However, they did ask him on that show where he was when he heard about President Obama's statement about gay marriage (he was in NC!), and he said it helped make his week better after the vote on Tuesday. The best part of that one: "We'll be talking to megastars Clay Aiken and Cyndi Lauper coming up!"

Here's the complete article, from the Huffington Post:

Clay Aiken's Mom: Mother's Day Revelations with Faye Parker

Includes a slide show with some new "old" pictures!

IMO a very interesting read.

One other thought, that just hit me this morning. (I'm wondering if I'm a little slow realizing this, though...) Clay's making the rounds with the news/talking heads shows. He's also a natural political wonk. The Gala location is in the nation's capitol. Connection? Maybe he's hoping to have a few Senators/Representatives show up and throw some money to the Project.

Yes, I've seen that thought bandied about as well, and I really like that idea. Heck, for all we know, he could be asked to SPEAK at the DNC. Speak AND sing would be the best!

So wondering if anyone thinks Clay's political and social views will hurt his chances of becoming C.A. Not that I care. Fair or not I just don't have a high opinion of Trump.

Off to read the article. Have a great day. And to all the mothers out there Happy Mother's Day.

Loved the q and a with Faye. Her "bless them" was my favorite part.

So wondering if anyone thinks Clay's political and social views will hurt his chances of becoming C.A. Not that I care. Fair or not I just don't have a high opinion of Trump.

Honestly -- I'm not sure. He's definitely on the opposite side of the spectrum, politically wise, than Trump. However, I do think that Trump likes the free publicity to the show he's getting because of Clay doing these rounds, and I also think he might end up being impressed with how well-spoken he is on these shows. Also, Trump recently held a meeting with George Takei about gay rights. Now, I don't know how well that went, but I do think it gave at least a small signal that his view on this could change.

Cannot wait until Face the Nation tomorrow. That's gonna be interesting, because Clay will very likely end up facing one of those bigots like the speaker from the Catholic Coalition during the segment before Clay's on The Ed Show. I wonder if Clay may hold the same tactic as the third gentleman in that segment -- who basically stayed quiet and let the CC guy pretty much hang himself with his own words.

I would like to think that Clay's political affiliation would not have any affect on Trump's discission on CA. If it mattered then why would he even allow him on the show in the first place. Do we know which party the other participants followed? Then again, it's Trump...but I really want to think he's better than that( :hysterical: I could be a comedian if I really worked at it.)

My worry is "this love" fest Trump's having with Arsenio. For the life of me I can't see what Arsenio has done on this show other than fold his arms, stand in the back, mouth off occassionally, take a picture of a hairdryer and kiss butt. What do I know, maybe that IS the criteria for becoming Celebrity Apprentice. :cocktail:

Looking forwad to Face The Nation tomorrow , I do hope he won't be overpowered and gets a chance to show them his smarts.

Two more shows left on CA....can you believe how fast the time has gone....amazing. I am going to be a nervous wreck watching that last show. He so deserves the win. :Iluvclaysbutt:

I'm not sure of Arsenio's political affiliation but I doubt that he would be so close with Clay if it differed very much with Clay's. Arsenio gets respect for his sense of humour and speaking ability. I don't think Clay showed much of that until the last few episodes, but he did show his hard working capabilities which Arsenio has not shown a whole lot of at this point what with Aubrey taking over his PM times. My only advice to Clay would have been- Don't let Lisa pick out any clothes. :whistling-1:

I don't see a love fest with Arsenio any more than anyone else. They are all great and wonderful etc etc ad nausem. Arsenio is quite likeable and polite and except for his Aubrey blowup which many folks applauded he's played the boardroom well. Many people would call that brown nosing. I call it pretty smart. Trump has questioned why Arsenio wasn't brought back on one task. So I think in a heavily edited situation if you make it to the end, you get equal consideration and the opportunity to convince others that you should win. His teams have the most wins so he's been a part of that. And frankly he hasn't yet killed Aubrey so that's another point. I think at the end he'll have the contacts to raise money. Since this is an entirely arbitrary decision based on whatever he decides to base it on (i hear someone raised more money and still lost) I'm just not invested in the "win." I don't believe Arsenio wasn't a hard worker any more than I believe Clay was ever at a loss for words and needed Lisa's help to make decisions. Every time they showed Clay and then a pregnant pause I LOL.

I'm actually glad CA is coming to an end and I look forward to the next chapter in his career.

It's so interesting...couchie and I rarely disagree about Clay, but I'm gonna miss having Clay regularly on my TV Sunday nights. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching him "play the game," and IMO we've gotten to see him closer to the "real Clay" than I ever thought we would. It makes my heart glad to know that many of us still like him an awful lot. (What he said at the Gala? About us not liking him? BWAHAHAHA!)

I do agree with her though about seeing where he takes us next. I started thinking about this today, after seeing the vault clip of the ad for Face the Nation tomorrow. He was introduced as "gay advocate Clay Aiken." That got me going about the idea that I can see him being in politics in about 15 years or so. If nothing else...and I'll get stoned for this...I can see him hanging back a bit after this and focusing on the Project, especially as Parker gets older.

Granted, I LOVE watching him perform. Don't get me wrong about that at all. I think he's a marvelous entertainer, with a great voice, and a fantastic sense of humor on stage. I also think he loves touring (he's said as much), and loves connecting with the fans in that way. But I also think he's finding a balance between doing this and his charitable work, and I sometimes feel he gets much more satisfaction from the charitable work than the entertaining part.

Damn, I wish Arsenio wasn't already lined up for a talk show, because I still think that would be the natural fit for him. I'd be totally happy with that -- he could sing, he could talk about the issues, and he could make me laugh (and think), all on a regular basis. Maybe someday.

I agree with you ldyj about Clay's charitable and advocate roles. But as far as political ideas, I asked Clay quite a few questions about that at a M&G during the TnT tour. He definitely said that he has no political aspirations because he hates having to ask others for money. He mentioned someone he had supported that would ask him for more money as soon as the check cleared. Funny that he said he couldn't do that and now he is having to do that on TCA. :cryingwlaughter:

As an advocate for gay rights, i see Clay as more of a social activist than a political figure. Personally I can't for the life of me figure out why this has become a political issue rather than a human rights issue.

I agree with you ldyj about Clay's charitable and advocate roles. But as far as political ideas, I asked Clay quite a few questions about that at a M&G during the TnT tour. He definitely said that he has no political aspirations because he hates having to ask others for money. He mentioned someone he had supported that would ask him for more money as soon as the check cleared. Funny that he said he couldn't do that and now he is having to do that on TCA. :cryingwlaughter:

Very interesting. I didn't remember that from any of your recaps. But then, as you said...Clay's having to do that with CApp. Maybe this is just practice. cryingwlaughter.gif

As an advocate for gay rights, i see Clay as more of a social activist than a political figure.

My husband and I were watching CBS News tonight during dinner, and the ad I mentioned previously came on. My husband, ever the smart ass, said "is Clay a "gay" activist or a "gay activist?" I simply said "yes." *g*

Personally I can't for the life of me figure out why this has become a political issue rather than a human rights issue.

Agreed!

From The OFC News Section:

Clay is going to be appearing as a panelist on CBS's prestigious news show Face The Nation THIS Sunday, 5/13! This is HUGE, everyone!! Spend your Mother's Day, or part of it, with Clay as he joins in the discussion about same-sex marriage with esteemed panelists Tony Perkins, Evan Wolfson, and Mark McKinnon, among others. Make sure to tune in -- this is a BIG DEAL! History in the making with Clay!