# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

LadyJ I enjoyed Clay on CA. But watching CA was definitely for me one of those "things I do for Clay." We here in the fandom tease about that a lot. I would never under any other circumstances watch this show. Trump (who I detest) Lisa and Aubrey made it very difficult to handle week after week. But I did appreciate Clay and several others.

I don't see Clay going into politics because it's too invasive into your private life.

Granted, I LOVE watching him perform. Don't get me wrong about that at all. I think he's a marvelous entertainer, with a great voice, and a fantastic sense of humor on stage. I also think he loves touring (he's said as much), and loves connecting with the fans in that way. But I also think he's finding a balance between doing this and his charitable work, and I sometimes feel he gets much more satisfaction from the charitable work than the entertaining part.

That makes sense. Selfishly I want him to stay in music because that's what I most care about. I'm proud of him for the other stuff but it's the singing that I'm passionate about.

I wish he could do a show like Duets. Sounds like it could be an interesting show and it's about singing. I was going to watch it when Lionel Richie was involved. Now I'm less interested. I'm sure my sister will though as she loves John Legend and Robin THicke.

I don't see Clay going into politics because it's too invasive into your private life.

Yes, after I posted that, I thought about that. There would be...ahem...certain people who would dig up anything and everything they could find about Clay. While I honestly don't think there's much to dig up, you could be sure some would try, and Clay would NOT want that.

That makes sense. Selfishly I want him to stay in music because that's what I most care about. I'm proud of him for the other stuff but it's the singing that I'm passionate about.

I understand that. And yet, for me, it's always been "whatever makes Clay happy." I know I have some selfish requests for Clay (I'm still lobbying for him to be on "The Daily Show!"), but it's always been first and foremost what he likes to do. I think that's just my nature in life, in general. (And sadly, it also allows me to be walked over...sigh).

As far as "the things I do for Clay" and CApp -- never had a good impression of Lisa, still don't. Never knew much about Aubrey, will be staying as far away from her as I possibly can. But Trump? As much as I don't like his politics, and I don't like how he makes up the rules in this game as he goes along, I'm actually kind of enjoying him. Story: my husband has started watching CApp with me. The other night he said -- "I'm beginning to like Trump a bit. I like how he "lights the spark" and then sits back to watch the fireworks." Hee.

Clay was so well spoken today on FTN. He fit in very well with the experienced spokesmen. I think he could have taken Tony Perkins in an arm wrestling match if he had chosen to. :clap: I loved the guy who quoted the Declaration of Independence. I had that with me at the polls speaking out about amendment 1. I hope Clay does speak out during this election for his and others rights to have the choices many of us already have and take for granted. I'm not worried about Clay giving up singing any time soon, but I really love to hear him talk about the issues which affect many.

Time goes by so slowly........ :whistling-1:

I did laundry. I folded and put the clothes away. I cooked dinner, ate, and washed up afterwards. Still there's a half-hour to go.

That picture is one of the most stunning pictures of him I've ever seen. I usually like ones where you can see his smile. Well, in this case, you can tell he's smiling, and yet, you can't really see it. It's all in his eyes.

This man makes me so happy to be his fan.

ETA: jmh, I know! With no Amazing Race to kill the hour either!

He just made it to twitter!

Here we go… The end of the line…. on#celebapprentice .. right now on NBC

Thanks!! RT @CookseyConnects: Classy job this morning on CBS @meetthepress,@clayaiken! #makingadifference

A pale, gay guy raised n the south, a black guy raised n the 60s ( @ArsenioOFFICIAL ), yet the pretty white girl is the "ultimate underdog?

Start eating better! RT @JamiQuintin: Dear God, please let @clayaiken be in the final two. I'll eat better. Please!!! Sincerely, me

Ding, dong -- the witch is dead!!!!!!

Hear @ArsenioOFFICIAL make the most unfortunate joke of the season in ten seconds!

BWAHAHAHAHA! I've gotta watch that again!

Retweet from StephenRogrThat:

the chemistry between @ArsenioOFFICIALand @clayaiken is remarkable. reminds me of another friendship of mine... #clarsenio

Retweet from Face the Nation:

In the next 20 years, we're going to look back on this and be ashamed that we were against it...like interracial marriage says @clayaiken

B sure 2 check out my blog on NBC.comafter west coast airing 2nite 2 read why I picked who I picked & how i chose the order

Same thing. New name. inclusionproject.orgRT @Acristen: @clayaiken What happened to the Bubel/Aiken foundation you had started years ago

Retweet from LegendaryWriter:

Clay Aiken discusses gay marriage on 'Face the Nation' shar.es/2OKNd -

I'd like 2 think I have THE BEST team! Everyone REALLY is expert n so many areas!@pennjillette @AubreyODay @DebbieGibson@deesnider #thanks

! @AubreyODay had an INCREDIBLE idea 2 make the party a carnival! I'm so appreciative that she gave such incredible energy 4@includingkids

Wow! I tell you this season was LACKING without @adamcarolla humor on every episode! He's smart & the funniest there is.#totallygotbuicked

The magic of editing. I wasn't upset with@pennjillette - That was from a previous week. N fact, he comes up w/MUCH better idea. Stay tuned

Retweet from Lauren1433:

@clayaiken Im getting flashbacks of another reality show where you were in the final 2 with a black guy who became your close friend..Uh oh

Retweet from ALSxo:

Penns idea was great it's "a child with a disability" not a "disabled child" thank you exceptional edu classes great cause@clayaiken

@DebbieGibson is a MUSICAL PRODIGY! Bottom line. She can arrange anything.@deesnider is a helluva good sport to attempt 2 sing Motown!

I am partial to music! ;-) RT@DonaldJTrumpJr: Music vs Comedy? Which team would you have preferred to be a part of?

You think the crap is hitting the fan now? Just wait…. I've never had a more problematic task than this one! Everything seems to go wrong!

Retweet from John Rich (winner of last year's CApp):

@clayaiken VS @ArsenioOFFICIAL Well, here it is...Who's got the most horsepower fellas? Good luck to you both! THIS is where it gets cool.

Aubrey thinks BIG BIG BIG! It will come in handy, for sure… but it's a lot

FYI… there were over 2000 square feet of wall to paint… we didn't need to paint the clean white walls…. and we didn't have TIME!!!

Doing the mural was a very intruiging idea… but I think it's completely reasonable to want to see a drawing of them first.

Here comes the #classyclaymoment

Here comes the #classyclaymoment .. When you hear it text CLAY to 50555 to donate $10 to @includingkids

@Iam_Kat_G We didn't have that luxury. We told production that we needed a park and we went where they sent us.

We weren't allowed to shoot in Central Park. RT @Barbara816: @clayaiken Uh, Central Park has a little grass.

Retweet from 9breaknrun:

@clayaiken I bet you've said more swear words in the last five minutes than you've said in your entire life LOL!!

@rumbeggo Not allowed

That's boring and playing it safe. I don't do that. ;-) RT @RLT64: @clayaiken Did white screen ever come to mind with video?

RIGHT!? Thank u for saying that. ha ha RT@taurusbombshell: People telling@clayaiken where grass is in NYC on twitter as if this was live.

Patience people. Calm down! It's a TWO episode task! RT @JeannetteWelsh:@clayaiken could you have shot it inside a gymnasium?

We'll all find out together next week. RT@DannysKsGirl68: @clayaiken does that mean we dont c who wrns tonight? Ugh

Yes. Next week. RT @AlyP2: @clayaiken Is the final show live?

Correct. No one knows who wins yet. RT@bee_healthy: @clayaiken so any spoilers that have said who wins are lying?

Before Thanksgiving last year RT @JimPolk:@clayaiken @DannysKsGirl68 How long has it been since you guys shot this episode?

@FengChue Last year the 4th place winner did the blog. The year before the 5th place. I PROMISE that has no bearing.

Retweet from smashly424:

@AubreyODay so happy you are party of@clayaiken team! You 2 both have great charities:)

Be sure to learn much more about the National Inclusion Project atinclusionproject.org and follow us@includingkids

Thank God for @deesnider for backing me up on that!

Even though she is on Arsenio's team…@LisaLampanelli donated to my party and@includingkids !!! She is INCREDIBLE and always has been!

Tune in next week to see how GENEROUS@LisaLampanelli is to @includingkids

Retweet from KayElSee:

@LisaLampanelli I've gained more and more respect for throughout the past few episodes. Glad you're supporting @clayaiken and@includingkids

Yes ma'am RT @AubreyODay: Clay kissed me. And it was amazing!” @clayaiken#TeamClay

Retweet from abfaltert:

@clayaiken is laying the law down! That's how you get things done!! Let's go team clay!#CelebApprentice

Don't talk smack about me in front of my face on the phoneif you don't want me to respond and defend myself.

Retweet from saby195:

Kudos to @clayaiken for standing your ground. You need to see a sketch 1st. Why are the girls arguing w/ you on this!?

Retweet from itsme_d:

for the first time i agree with @clayaiken. if he didn't SEE it, why would he allow something to be PAINTED on his wall? um. no.

Retweet from BigticketGurl:

@clayaiken wow Clay, your tough with Debbie Gibson, good for you. Thank goodness Aubry's staying quiet.

Let there be NO confusion. I LOVE@DebbieGibson … She and I ARE good friends and will remain. Next week you'll see. :-)

Sadly, Aubrey disappeared for about 5 minutes...blech.

Clay's take blog

Entertainment Weekly's recap

Also, from that article, Clay and Arsenio are going to be on Dalton Ross' podcast later in the week. I think he posts them on Friday.

News/Observer Recap

I don't normally post their link, but check out the second picture, which is a screencap from a few weeks ago. Check out what show they are advertising in the corner. The caption just struck me as fitting.

Capture-3.jpg

Spent yesterday at my MIL's in Champaign..it was a very nice day but we stayed longer than I anticipated and got home 2 minuted before the show started! I think I hopped out of the car before my husband had the motor turned off and made a beeline foe the TV..did not want to miss one minute!

I thoroughly enjoyed the show..I think Clay came off as a very good project manager; always in control but delegating tasks; kept Aubrey in check and was always aware that his butt was on the line and this was his to win or lose and other's egos were not going to get in the way. Loved seeing him with the kids. Win or lose, he has already won with the exposure the National Exclusion Project has gotten, the personal and professional contacts he has made and the higher public profile he has gotten for himself via the show and his political appearances.

Speaking of which, he did well on FTN; looked good..I was very impressed.

Kim

Aikim,I agree with all you said above. I noticed at one spot Clay said something about the timetable he set up. I don't think any stress he showed was due to confusion or micro managing but an attempt to make sure that everything they had planned got done. He was a great PM making sure that he was made aware of any problems and that they were doing their jobs as planned. I really loved seeing Clay the businessman last night. I have no doubts that he will succeed as TCA and if he doesn't, it won't be from lack of trying. Anyone watching this can be assured that NIP is being run very efficiently and the donations are going to a good cause and not just to pad the CEO's pockets. In my experience as an auditor, I saw an example of a well known non profit not handling funds wisely. I could never contribute to it after that.