# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

Still reading here everyday, just not much to say. It is cold outside and we started skiing already, so I have had patrol plus working full time. I have gotten most of my baking done and placed in freezer. Telling my husband to keep his fingers off of the cookies. My son from Denver came home for 1.5 days. Came in late Tues. night, home for Wed.(we had Thanksgiving that night), then my hubby and him went to the Lions game, and afterwards my hubby dropped him off at the airport. He could not stay longer because he manages a Verizon store and had to be there for early morning opening. He called us at 10:15pm and said he had just landed in Denver. He follows the Lions like I follow Clay. He has seen over half of their games live this year. My husband commented the apple does not fall far from the tree and he now know were he get his craziness. I reminded him I only see Clay once or twice a year if he is touring and maybe the Gala.her My son told us if the Lions make the playoff in January he will be traveling home again. His Birthday is in January, maybe we can help him out a little. Oh, to be single and not to have many other financial responsibilities.

I guess we all have times where we are over the top. Not just about Clay. LOL.

I'll be entering an insane few weeks with tax training for 2 days, WFI and tutoring at school. Don't know what I will do for gifts. My son and hisgirlfriend are comingin from Oregon on the 19th and I'd like to prepare a few vegetarian dishes for them.

Wow, it's quiet in Clayland (or so I assume). I had a great mix coming into work this morning on my iPod....All Is Well, then a live version of These Open Arms from Chatauqua (Clay said "ceee-ment floor and a wooden shed" hee) and then a live version of The Music Of Christmas. I really do miss having a Christmas tour this year.

Last night I took my daughter shopping for a bathing suit for the cruise she has booked in January, then I took her to my gym to swim and try it out. Thursday we are going to go to Aqua Zumba together. LOL should be a hoot. I enjoy having her home so much.

Yeah it just hit me last night that it's December so no Christmas tour. Don't know why I thought that was a possibility. And with Christmas music all the day == well Clay must have sung every song there is to sing right? Is there any Xmas song he did not sing?

luckiest, I don't know where you pulled that info from, but I think you're right...I don't think he's sang that song. Too bad, as that's a great Christmas carol.

merrieee -- life really does have a bad habit of sneaking up on you, doesn't it? I can't believe it's 3 weeks until Christmas! I've got too much to do before then. First and foremost is my class -- I'm almost done, only one more brief project to complete by next Monday. The other thing that needs to be done soon is to mail presents to those away from me.

Have a great day y'all!

I was so far ahead before thanksgiving and then it all went to you know where! I may not be done until st Patricks day at this rate! The stuff that relates to others is all done but my house looks like a bomb has hit it. I keep hoping the Christmas elf will show up and magically do it all!

I was out at a movie last night (RiffTrax doing "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians," which was hysterical!), so I missed posting this tweet last night:

Thank you, Jesus, for creating @LauraBenanti !

I had to do some quick research on my phone to find out Laura Benanti was; she was in the live version of "Sound of Music" that was on TV last night. So, we know Clay was watching TV last night! Hee.

Have a great weekend everyone!

He's been sighted! Tweet from earlier today from a gymnast in NC:

Bailey King @gymnasticshbk

No big deal at family lunch with clay Aiken

12:54pm - 8 Dec 13

She later tweeted a picture:

baileyclay_zpsd3419439.png

He's looking very handsome!

Hey everybody..I'm in South Lake Tahoe on vacation. Got here Saturday night and will be here through Saturday. I'ts COOOOLD but I am loving being in a different environment and not at work! I thought I could get here through the break in the storm but by the time I got about 30 miles from Tahoe we had to pull over and put on the chains which we had actually picked up somewhere in route. Thank goodness we did or we would have had to turn around. Anyway, I found $30 to be a bargain to pay the installers to do it. Ever since we've been trying to find out where the term "chain monkeys" originated. Hope everyone is having a great week.

So I popped over to another board this morning to see what was up. Bad idea. Apparently the private dinnner/concert happened (recently?) but there can be no discussion of it. Nor will there be clack. Ok then.

Two of my three dogs have fallen ill with diarrhea this past week. I've been cleaning up shit like crazy, but I think they are both now on the mend, thanks to some meds from the vet. Please God don't let the 3rd one get it.

Couchie, even here in the Great White North I've never in my life used chains on my tires. I don't even have snow tires. I just have all season radials. We are forecast to get at least 10 - 15 cm of snow again this coming weekend. Thankfully, the 2 1/2 feet we already had has melted due to some unseasonably warm weather and rain. Today it's down to -10 C again.

"Bad idea " is putting it mildly. I haven't never seen so many adults acting like whining children. I do believe it would be a good idea for some of them to get off the board for a while and get a life. JMO :popcorngirl:

We had a little bit of snow last night and even though I tend to complain about the cold and the white stuff, I have to admit it does bring out my Christmas spirit. Fa-la-la-la-la---la-la-la-la

I'm really glad they had a good time. I was so tempted to post on that board, but it just wasn't worth the effort.

We decorated our tree tonight and now it's really snowing outside. I may have caused an avalanche, being all Merry and such. :BlowKiss: