#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

Well the press is certainly being predictable...sigh

I have prepared myself to hear these types of comments. This is all part of Clay's paying dues I guess. When you think about it they are kinda right...he doesn't have a big enough repertoire to keep touring with just his original songs...He did get his success rather quickly...He does have a lot to prove specially when he covers so many classics..so they are not saying anything that we don't already know and he readily acknowledges.

At this point...I say bring it on. This tour is for us and for him. He didn't need to do this, but he is going out there to quench our thirst for his beautiful voice...he is going out there to satisfy his need to perform...

I will just ignore the poor "too cool for school" critics who will never get it. Just glad Clay has enough balls to go out there and tour again when he knows he will get pounded by the critics.

Thanks Clay!!!!

Runner-up doesn't mean second-best

Norwich Bulletin

Clay Aiken, who performs Friday at Mohegan Sun, took second place in 'Idol's' second season.

By DAVID PENCEK

Norwich Bulletin

Clay Aiken didn't win "American Idol," but he's become as popular as any contestant from the popular reality show who is not named Kelly Clarkson.

Aiken-mania (or is it Clay-mania) was riding high after he finished second to Ruben Studdard in the second season of "American Idol" and after he released his debut album "Measure of a Man" in October 2003.

Aiken has been fairly quiet this year, but that may change because Aiken will be on the road touring through this summer.

The 26-year old Aiken brings his "Jukebox" tour to the Mohegan Sun Arena Friday. Tickets for the 8 p.m. show are $50 and $40. The Mohegan Sun is the second stop on the tour.

Without a new album to promote, Aiken will sing covers of popular songs going back to the 1950s all the way to modern times, which will include some of Aiken's hits such as "This is the Night."

"This started out as a show just to have some fun with, and as I got more excited about singing these songs, it became a bigger show," Aiken said in a released statement. "It's a chance for people to remember where they were when they heard certain songs."

Expect covers of "Bridge Over Troubled Water," "Solitaire" and hits by Sam Cooke and the Goo Goo Dolls.

Although he has a squeaky-clean image, Aiken has been a part of some controversy lately. The Bubel/Aiken foundation, a charity he co-founded to benefit children with disabilities, has come under scrutiny. News reports cite that a document filed with the Internal Revenue Service revealed that of the more than $1 million the group raised last year, less than a third was handed out in grants. Large amounts went to travel expenses, "professional services" and salaries.

It's doubtful that the story will hurt the family-friendly Aiken's popularity.

Also this week at Mohegan Sun, Destiny's Child performs Wednesday in the Arena and Dick Pillar's 40th Annual Polkabration will be held Friday through Sunday in the Uncas Ballroom.

I wonder if the Pittsburgh Post column was based on one of those beginning of the tour conference calls with a ton of journalists where the same quotes get spun about 12 different ways, or if it was a one-on-one interview. I guess we will find out as the tour progresses.

Some early reports from Toms river...from the Clackhouse:

I just got a scenerycert (shut up) from anntherese54 at Toms River!

There appears to be a different backdrop for each decade. The 50's backdrop is a red and black checkerboard design with "The 50's" painted stage right and a Wurlitzer painted on stage left. There is also a REAL wurlitzer on stage! Looks MUCH better than it did in the AH clips. eeeeeee!

Beanbags are CONFIRMED.

The backups are having a great time doin' the "swim" and whatnot.

Jacob's sax is around his neck (heh). I was listening to him in the sound check. Jacob's sax is CONFIRMED.

Band is to the left and right of the center platform with 5-6 stairs.

NO DISCO BALL CONFIRMED YET! WHEEEEEEE!

There doesn't seem to be a bad seat in the house.

Forgive me for being clueless, but what is a Wurlitzer?

It's a brand of Jukebox. Big things, with neon lights all over them, characterized, if I remember correctly, by the rounded top. My cousin used to make a living refurbishing jukeboxes. Wurlitzer also made organs -- they still may, I don't know.

EEEEEEEEEEE! on the tour pictures. He's so pretty.

SPOILER ALERT:

Some early reports from all over....

Playbiller called me from the sound check!

She has a terrible phone! So all I hear is noise!

But it is GREAT!

He is doing heard it through the grapevine!

He is selling black things with a red heart!

She already bought me one, in case they run out

some more reports on songs:

also nights in white satin, heard it through the grapevine,

when doves cry

all night long--lionel richey

madonna--celebrate!! (I think this is Holiday-Angela/Q singing maybe?)

HEART-How Do I get you alone

From Clem at the CV:

From Amanda130 at the CB:

Clay is in the new people magazine with Jude Law and Sienna Miller on the cover. The date is August 8th. There are some really sweet pictures of him with the kids in Uganda.

here is a scan of the page...from CB

post-2-1122582591_thumb.jpg

SPOILER ALERT:

LOTS of dancing!

Angela and Quiana dancing very very close to Jacob, who is Clay's stand-in for this, evidently...no Clay sighting.

So I think grindage will occur...esp. since they are doing WDC!

BOTW - the Simon & Garfunkel arrangement, diff. from any he has done already

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE! YOU SHAKE MY NERVES AND YOU RATTLE MY BRAIN!

Sorry for shouting, but I just looked at the picture of Clay standing on top of the piano [from the Clackhouse]. No need for any caffeine for me this morning! I wasn't digging some of the pictures from the tour book, but that single photo makes up for all that.