#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

Cellcert report of GMA fro TTC via TCB:

I'm enjoying this....can hear Clay very well like he is right here. I really like that new song....thank goodness for something new! Clay just made a funny face to the ladies in the front row....lucky them!

The song is over....a lot of screaming. Sandra says the song reminds her of 8th World Wonder. It is radio friendly. Sandra is standing next to two ladies from Clayversity. She says that everyone is sweating except Clay.

Okay, everyone is screaming.....Clay is singing some Elvis now....Suspicious Minds. Oh yeah, baby!

I can hear Clay talking....not sure what he said. Sandra says there is a sign there for Nick. Clay is leaning against the piano talking to someone....nice booty shot again. The camera is getting some shots of the people in front. The cameras continue to shoot. Everyone just counted down and now the crowd is going wild!

I guess the weather guy is there now. I can hear him talking about the weather....

Sandra says that there is a sign there that says "I survived the drought". She said she hasn't seen Jerome or Nick. She says she misses the jumbotrons...apparently they don't have them this year.

They are doing another shot of Tony and the crowd. They are going to commercial right now. Clay is disappearing backstage. I can hear Tony talking. The backup singers disappeared as well.

eta:

She (stripedshirts) said something about people being able to get closer to the stage...up some stairs? The crowd is getting excited and doing a lot of pushing. Sandra is hoping that they exercise some crowd control. Some people have pushed in front of her and are blocking her view, I believe. She hung up to save battery and will call back when Clay takes the stage.

Reports from the GMA souncheck is that he rehearsed full version of Suspicious mind, Back for More and Invisible

eta:from CB

From CV....

Another moonhead/dudley report -- "Woman's Day" is there...doing some feature on Clay (not sure what/when)

OMG...is that true? Erica Kane has a new talk show and she is interviewing Clay?

SO I guess he will be part of AMC? EEEEEEEEEEEEE

OMG he was fantastic! Love suspicious mind and he was gorgeous....

EEEEEEEEEEEE...are those ladies in front from CH or CB they look familiar...

eta:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE back for more soudns so good...I love that song...I want to hear again and again, and he was gorgeous!!!!!!

Guh. Thank you all for providing a play by play. I am stuck here at work this morning and was considering sneaking over to the hospital to find a tv in a waiting room somewhere... :P

I LOVE the pink shirt and suit jacket. He looks great! Looking forward to the clack!

Hmmmm...I thought it was kinda snotty.....like another artist would have written a bunch of new songs for a history of rock concert?

The too-cool-for-school thing is showing....seemed like a few too many cheap shots, to me.

I guess at this point I don;t expect anything from the critics...he will get panned because they will see this as taking the easy way out. Any reveiw that isn;t downright nasty...to me is fair. And critics are supposed to be snooty and snotty... its occupational hazard.

Okay, files capped by me coming shortly. The first ones will be AVI format and rather large. After I get those up, I will convert to smaller files and upload those as well.

ETA:

Okay, I'm going to have to convert before uploading - YouSendIt is taking FOREVER. Hold on.....

Great recap from CV via CH:

And now for some random happenings in no particular order. Clay interacted with the audience ALOT between takes and in the sound check. He would make these goofy faces and point to people signs and motion with his hands to turn them over. He would wave at people and point to people and he laughed alot, that infectious giggle of his. The first time he came on stage for the sound check the entire audience roared and a giant grin was on his face. Clay was very much in control of the sound check moving people around the stage and tweaking things if they weren't right.

One funny incident was the stage manger told everyone that they had to be quiet for 4 minutes because someone was being interviewed off stage. Then of course Clay turns around and faces the audience and we scream. But the stage manager hushed us. Then a group of people yelled to Clay about his shoe. Clay looked at them confused and pointed at his shoe like huh? And then the group said "we want to see your shoes". So he actually took off his shoe (which was a very nice big brown leather shoe) and showed it to the audience. We all erupted with screams and the manager seemed a little annoyed and said "sssshhhhh you have to be quiet" and Clay puts his hand in front of his face like "ooops my fault", it was adorable. Then he goes back and sits down next to Jacob and starts talking to him. Some people scream and Clay mouths "shhhh (with finger over mouth) I am having a conversation..." he points to him and Jacob. People start taking pictures so Clay puts his arm around Jacob's shoulder and poses with a huge smile on his face. And then he goes back to taling to him.

Another great moment was before Clay sang any songs the stage manager told us to scream when we heard music. So the band starts to play... Then Clay starts to sing and encourages the back up singers to sing. They were singing a song with the lyrics "Come on let's twist" I don't know the song title. And of course Clay starts to twist his hips while singing. He sings the song for a minute or so and then Diane comes on stage and starts to twist. Clay sees her and moves closer and twists with her. Then he motions with his hand to Diane to keep twisting. The song ends and Clay goes "I was going to keep singing until Diane danced" :lol:

For Invisible he held the microphone out for us to sing along at certain moments. He did two shirt tugs. Each time he did it he tugged and we all erupted with screams and a huge grin appeared on his face like "I knew you would do that..."

Overall Clay looked happy, confident, mature and in control!!! What a man :wub:

Clay Sings on Good Morning America

Aiken's loyal fans got a real treat this morning when he debuted a new song called "Coming Back for More" and performed Elvis Presley's "Suspicious Minds" at New York City's Bryant Park as part of "Good Morning America's" Summer Concert Series.

God I am spent. I have missed this rush! Didn't know I did but I most certainly did. I think the show is just incredible and I can't wait to see it evolve as all of his shows have done. But there's nothing like that first one. From the clack I've seen so far I am in love with the Elvis stuff. Fantastic. Jail House Rock? Wow, I didn't even expect that from Clay. Tears of a Clown and Sailing were my other cover favorites on first listen...I missed the first 1/2 hour or so. And I love the new songs. IF this is what he wants, and he seems excited about it, then I certainly say he's done good and the new album will not only reflect him but will be very good as well.

Y'all know what? As Clay has reached a new level of artistry (and the Clelvis is pure artistry), I have reached a new level of fandom...I now embrace that fact Clay has achieved nirvana in marketing...he created a need (because I was perfectly content before he showed his happy ass up), and now he has a monoply to fill it. You go, boy.

Does this mean KAndre is our new marketing guru?? Hee.

The recap sounds like the show was a lot of fun and well worth it for those who camped out all night. At last year's show he didn't interact that much. Can't wait to see it tonight.

Skatejoy I will be praying that for your show, Jerome will be in the same place he was last night - INVISIBLE!  I know for you that's like a doubled edge sword though!  Have fun!

and skatejoy's supposed to be happy about that? :)

May Jerome be visible and close by but totally ignores you...how's that for a wish... ;)

Good afternoon.

Are you ready for more Clay Aiken? The tour has just started and I am exhausted.

I loved staying up until 4am this morning and then setting my alarm clock for 7am. After watching some more clack, I am off to take a nice long nap.

Loved the GMA performances and was glad to see the large, enthusiastic crowd. I think the move back to Raleigh will be good for Clay. Just as long as he isn't considering giving his recording career up. After 25 cities, I think he will be rekindled and ready to finish up his CD. Good times to come.