#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

Here's the mpg of Coming Back for More. Bigger screen, but the video is not as sharp as the smaller wmv. I wish I could upload the AVIs because they kick ass - both huge and sharp - but it takes forever and those files are about a gig in size.

Coming Back For More mpg

ETA: A clip of Invisible. Pretty short and in mpg format. Please let me know if anyone has trouble with the formats I can convert to others if necessary. I just know they play on my machine. <g>

Invisible Clip

ETAA: Here is the mpg of SM

Suspicious Minds mpg

Cary Preps for Clay Day

Raleigh News and Observer

Cary Mayor Ernie McAlister will declare Friday "Clay Aiken Day" during a speech at a meeting of the Triangle native's fan club, the Claymates.

The Claymates are meeting for breakfast that morning to prepare for Aiken's performance in Cary's Koka Booth Amphitheatre that evening.

"This is a big event for Cary," McAlister said. "This just gets it started out on a good note."

But do not expect the retired banker to join the Claymates soon. "I don't have his CD out in the car right now, if you know what I mean," he said.

Man, I'm glad for all the new Clack, but this downloading is exhausting! It's sort of like a scavenger hunt, isn't it - which site has the most videos up, what format is it in, can the download manager handle one more clip, and on and on. And then there's the whole organizing it into some kind of order for burning. I'm spent! :P [by the way, thanks for the GMA yousendits, HeidiHo.]

I actually had to take a break from the computer, and do a little house cleaning. I think the vacuum cleaner and I won the battle against the spiders for now, but I suspect they are regrouping. Geesh, you don't dust for a week (or three), and the spiders think they own the place!

Man, I'm glad for all the new Clack, but this downloading is exhausting!  It's sort of like a scavenger hunt, isn't it - which site has the most videos up, what format is it in, can the download manager handle one more clip, and on and on.  And then there's the whole organizing it into some kind of order for burning.  I'm spent!  :P  [by the way, thanks for the GMA yousendits, HeidiHo.]

You are quite welcome. <g> I'm in the process of giving Eva from the CH the AVI versions so if you want much higher, DVD quality clips, she should have them sometime tomorrow (if you have a key, that is). They are HUGE, so beware. <g>

Alas, HeidiHo, no I don't belong to the CH, and so have no key (sounds of gentle weeping here). I mostly use ATCA, as that works best with my download manager. Which reminds me, I need to Paypal a contribution over there to keep that bandwidth available.

Couchie, I just checked out your Toms River page - very cool! B) What a great format to have as an online scrapbook for each venue.

Thanks bottlecap I tried in the past to keep up with a touring Clay but it was SO hard but Ansa and I are switching off days. We're doing everything other concert and it's less stressful nad a lot more fun. It's SO hard wading through all the clack though! heee!

For those that haven't checked them out yet:

07/28/05 Toms River

07/29/05 Mohegan Sun

I know what you mean about the downloading and the clack...geesh I'm supposed to be cleaning my room because i'm gonna paint next week..but I've barely moved from this computer since Friday night. sigh.... well at least it's only 25 dates - not over fifty..although I wish it was over 50!

Couchie, after I got through the first big rush of downloading, I have decided to hold off doing much more for the time being. I see there is potential for first row, whole concert Clack for Darien Lake. [PleasePleasePlease let this get uploaded somewhere] If I can get a good set of videos for a whole concert, I'll be very happy for the time being. What I'm really looking forward to are the montages for the entire concert that get done after the tour. tsunamimommy did a terrific set for NAT, which by the way, are great Clayversion material.

So, after spending all weekend with Clay, I cheated on him just a little. I threw U2's Joshua Tree into my CD player for my evening walk yesterday. As much as you love the hawt new boyfriend, sometimes you just need need to check in with those old friends you've known since high school. Of course, as I'm listening, I'm thinking of Clay's version of "Where the Streets Have No Name", and saying a little prayer about the possibility of him ever singing "With or Without You", or "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For".

I am thinking about trying to incorporate the La Vida Loca windmill arms and crouch into my workout routine. If I added hand weights, I bet they would be great for toning the upper arms.

So, I have watched the Buffalo GBB a few time now. Maureen the new keyboard chick is bopping along all cool like, but I see where's she's looking. Yes, Maureen, I think your boss has a nice butt, too.

Edited by bottlecap

Clay Aiken fans pine for pins

Clay Aiken fans pine for pins

The objects have become a hot item for the singer's devotees.

By DIANNE AUSTIN

Special to The Orange County Register

In past decades, steady sweethearts showed their devotion by "getting pinned." Now, Claymates are doing it for the same reason, except the object of their affection is "American Idol" runner-up and pop artist Clay Aiken.

Aiken went into hibernation right after his Joyful Noise Christmas tour last year. Now he's on the road with his Jukebox Tour, which began Friday and will run through Sept. 1.

The Clay Nation, buzzing with excitement at Aiken's return to the stage, is showing its appreciation by designing and collecting fan-club cloisonné pins in an amazing variety of shapes and colors.

A large number feature state-based designs. California Clay fans, including many in Orange County, designed an arresting image of the long limbed idol, sitting with knees bent in front of the outline of the Golden State. This faction professes unconditional support for Aiken, who lives in California but who makes no bones about missing his home and a simpler life in Raleigh, N.C.

Irene Williams is a California Clay Fan and an avid pin enthusiast. Williams, an artist and retired teacher from Cypress, will travel to Atlanta; Greensboro, S.C.; Cary, N.C.; and Vienna, Va. to see Aiken in concert four times in two weeks. She has collected 80 of the more than 100 pins available.

Other than state designs, there are message board, Web site, Yahoo group and individual Clay fan insignia pins. Lori McAdam, an artist who has done a number of portraits of the vocalist, has also donated her time to designing one of the pins. Hers will be featured in North Carolina at a preconcert breakfast celebrating the favorite son's return to the stage in his home state.

Jeff York, co-owner of Pin Promotions, a company near Orlando, Fla., that manufactures the Aiken pins, says the trend began in April. That's when Aiken fan Judy Cozine placed an order for a "Clayversity" fan site logo pin. Then orders started pouring in for other Aiken pins, each with a different design and message.

How large were the orders?

"Well, a minimum order is 100 pins," York said. "Soon, the average order I'd get was not less than 1,000 pins. Some orders have been as much as 6,000 at a time."

The pin fixation will be obvious as Aiken's Jukebox Tour gives fans a chance to display their acquisitions. No West Coast venues were booked for the tour, so some Orange County fans plan to fly east for Aiken's vintage-themed tour.

Pat Miller of Cypress, Janet Oliff of Tustin and Betti Young of Orange are among them. Miller, who calls herself a Claymate, will be going to Vienna, Va., and Bethlehem, Pa. Oliff has tickets to Aiken's Michigan venues. And Young, 67, will see Aiken in eight venues in two weeks.

Miller says she'll be wearing all 13 of her pins on a lanyard around her neck. Young has 18 pins that she will take with her in a case. But Oliff, who has collected 96 designs, did it just for the keepsake quality. "I won't be trading," she said. "I just wanted one of every design to keep forever."

Now, all that's left for Aiken to do with his Jukebox Tour is go with the flow.

Williams, the artist and teacher, had an idea for Aiken.

She thinks that at each concert, Aiken should search the audience for that special fan he'd like onstage with him. (He's known for inviting audience members to sing and dance.) And inside the upside down Fedora (a signature accouterment) perched on the edge of the platform, there would be one of every fan pin that exists up to that point. The lucky lady chooses one and presents it to him.

Then Williams suggests this with a twinkle in her eye:

"You guessed it. It makes so much sense. Because all the female Clay fans I know would give anything to say 'I was pinned by Clay Aiken!' "

Back from the Buffalo "adventure"! Concert was great (more recap in the recap thread later). It felt like old home week seeing so many familiar faces. The new song is fantastic and Suspicious Minds is much better live than on GMA. It was amazing not to have anyone stop us from taking pictures. Many photos were snapped and will eventually make their way to the gallery.

KAndre - the troops clearly haven't got word about proper attire. Still far too many home made shirts. Not enough bling (though many blinking pins).

Back from the Buffalo "adventure"!  Concert was great (more recap in the recap thread later).  It felt like old home week seeing so many familiar faces.  The new song is fantastic and Suspicious Minds is much better live than on GMA.  It was amazing not to have anyone stop us from taking pictures.  Many photos were snapped and will eventually make their way to the gallery. 

Then just kill me now if Suspicious Minds is better live..cuz I am inordinantly in love with the GMA version.

Then just kill me now if Suspicious Minds is better live..cuz I am inordinantly in love with the GMA version.
Oh my Couchie, your doomed then.

The Darien Lake Suspicious Minds was 10X better than GMA. The GMA version seemed, I dont know the right word... silly, campy, etc... I started laughing halfway through the GMA version. But at DL, I was blown away with a hawt rockin' Clay in leather singing a sultry, kick-ass version of Suspicious Minds. No comparison!

And the concert version of Back for More is also 10X better than the GMA version. Just warning you! :D

Damn that is scary....

OMG, I just love this guy!

My love for him never waned...I never questioned his comittment and I always understood that he needed to rest. So how can I just love him more now...is that possible?

I knew he was good...I knew he has the potential to be one of the greats. With this show I can see him becoming the legend we know he will be. He keeps evolving and gaining more confidence. He keeps giving more of himself on every performance. No fear. He sings all of his most difficult songs in one concert....BOTW, SOlitiaire, WDC...then he adds two very good and challenging songs with BFM and JY...then he is not done ...he takes on the KING...at makes the songs his own while giving homage in return...finally he says a big FU to all his critics and faced all his insecurities...he dared to be sexy, he dared to dance...and he showed them he is not bothered by being called Barry, or Rick astley...because he knows he has something more to offer than just an impersonator...HE IS CLAY...

OMG...this is after watching great buffalo videos last night...how will I be once I actually see him for the first time in Toronto....

people...pray for me....

I'm back! I stayed the full four days and attended all the Toms River concerts. I had a really good time. Great, in fact.

I had one foot out of the Clay fandom and I swear Clay knew it. When he sang That'll Be the Day I felt like he was talking to me:

"Silly woman! You thought you could leave me??? Take this!"

*sigh*

I danced straight through the 50s and 60s. I'm not a big Elvis fan but Clay's renditions were impressive especially Suspicious Minds.

And my precious Backups! There were great as usual. Jacob messed up his song a bit. Quiana slayed hers and the audience. Angela was very good.

I also saw Kelly, Maroon 5 and Keith Urban. Kelly's sound was a bit distorted and her set short. Otherwise it was a very good show and I was suprised to see at least 3 of Clay's former band members. The drummer from Clay's last tour? I actually saw him walking around the fair and thought I was going mad. Seeing Clay related people and things everywhere.

Keith Urban's set was flawless. And Maroon 5 had some kinks with their sound. Adam-the lead singer's mike seemed to drop in and out a few times and he couldn't seem to hear. HIs voice was off a bit. Also no large screens were available for the concerts.

TomsRiver could have a really good annual event on its hands. They will need to pick up some more vendors to make it worth staying all day. Their staff was incredibly friendly. And they were all volunteer staff. I know people who get paid for those jobs and are nowhere near as nice.

I will put a more detailed Clay recap in our recap section. Now, I'm off to catch up on all I missed.

mwah!

I'm back! I stayed the full four days and attended all the Toms River concerts. I had a really good time. Great, in fact.

I had one foot out of the Clay fandom and I swear Clay knew it. When he sang That'll Be the Day I felt like he was talking to me:

"Silly woman! You thought you could leave me??? Take this!"

*sigh*

Oh she sounds so sane on this recap. PM me if you know how to transfer an answering message to an mp3. I have some good blackmail material.

Couchie, when did you become evil? How can I maintain my unintense image if you keep ratting me out!??

As usual Buzz, you bring the prettiest, clearest Clay pics around. Thanks!

I have to second this. I have been busy collecting photos from all over for these concerts. I have been very impressed by the qulaity of the pictures I have seen. I knew that Buzzie's pictures are always something to watch out for because most of my favorite pictures turn out to be hers. But these photos exceeded those high expectations. These are so crisp,clear and the expressions she captures not only from Clay but all the backups and band members are all so precious. Great job Buzzie...thanks so much for sharing.

I appreciate all the kind words about my photos. It was soooo nice to go to a concert and not have to worry about the camera police.

As an added bonus for my FCA friends, I have uploaded a few more photos from Darien Lake into the gallery here at FCA. I dont know how to do thumbnails, so your gonna have to go HERE to see them.

And just wait, SkateJoy still hasn't posted hers and, oh lordy, does she have some good ones. I think the student has become the master. :D

Oh, and again, please do not directly attach or imbed photos into posts, avatars, or signature lines on any other Clay Aiken board. Links to the FCA gallery are ok.

Edited by buzztechie

I'm too tired to finish my Darien Lake pictures tonight, but I've put a few up here. Please do not embed these in any posts on any Clay board. Please only link to the gallery. Thanks!

I'll be back later this week with more.

ETA - Following buzztechie's excellent lead, I've put up a few exclusive FCA pics here.

Oh buzzie and SkateJoy...those pictures are out.of.this.world. Thank you so very much for sharing your talent.

Isn't it nice when a) the camera nazis aren't around; and B) the subject you're shooting is so very very nice looking?

Thanks again! MWAH!

Edited by ldyjocelyn