# 9 He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• He's a man of mystery that I would like to figure out.
    • Clay live just replentishes my soul.
    • There's so much more in life (and in Clay) to enjoy, celebrate, and savor.
    • Oh. My. God...on so many levels!
    • The world needs more Clay Aikens.
    • All done darling, all done. All finished.
    • Clay isn't the only good guy out there. He's just the one we love the most.
    • It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.
    • He sells himself so very well.
    • Teefy, toofy; Smiley, goofy; windky, "wonky;" My favorite "honky!"
    • He is simply doing his thing...quietly...without fanfare...what a beautiful thing.
    • That doesn't mean that I don't still think that he is super hawt and that I'd like to lick him...
    • He was cute, he sings pretty, he teases people, and he's sexy.

Greetings from Denver! Plane trip was fine but dang! It took me almost as much time to get to the hotel from the airport here as it did for the airplane to get me here from Oakland! Luckily, I had my book. Yes, that's right. I read a book. I did NOT write clorn on my computer. Haven't done that since I finished the Clyra.

Speaking of which, since Clay and Tyra had dinner together in New York, isn't the next thing for her to show up on the Kimmel show and surprise him?

Speaking of which, since Clay and Tyra had dinner together in New York, isn't the next thing for her to show up on the Kimmel show and surprise him?

Hee. As a 28 year old, Clay should be having a 10 year high school reunion coming up. I think not only should Clay 'chopper in (per his Kimmel comments in 2004), he should make a grand entrance with Tyra as his date. I think that would be an appropriate :biteme: to any of the troglodytes that were ever mean to him in high school and who are now fat, balding, and selling used cars.

TyraDance.gif

Hee. As a 28 year old, Clay should be having a 10 year high school reunion coming up. I think not only should Clay 'chopper in (per his Kimmel comments in 2004), he should make a grand entrance with Tyra as his date. I think that would be an appropriate to any of the troglodytes that were ever mean to him in high school and who are now fat, balding, and selling used cars.

My goodness that just gives me the warm and fuzzies thinking about that scenario! I think that's a lot better than inventing Post-Its*g*

Hey Peeps..

Two years later they taught us about it in school, thanks for nothing public school system.

Ah Play... My sister had me laughing yesterday because her six year old asked how are babies made question. And the four year old wanted to know where was she before she was in mommy's stomach. Sigh.

:me0:

heee PEFECT little graphic for you roseviolet

I have to admit spending some time at the OFC and being amazed at the ticket conspiracy theories and just plain stupid remarks - if you don't get a front row - well it is Clay's fault! He needs to fire somemone - because if it was done right we would all have front row seats!

Can these people do simple math.

And Lucky, anybody that types Clay doesn't like to tour must have some sort of brain damage. I won't even start on the this isn't a real tour. Was JBT a real tour? How many dates was that? Hell even IT only had 30 dates I think. Was that a real tour? I really have no patience for anything like that...probably best that I go nowhere near there.

I had to make a chart so I could figure out where all the tickets are

and how much money I am going to have to shell out!

Funny I was doing that yesterday too... 4 concerts but will only have one set of tickets in my hand when I leave. Won't even have those as they are will call.

Kimmel - I keep forgetting about it! Bad fan! Oh, this will give you all a chuckle. I read on another board that someone is convinced Clay will be announcing his engagement to Kristy on Kimmel! I bet Tyra, Jamie, Jaymes, Mary, Kelly, Angela, Bikini Girl, AMA girl, Tongue Girl etc, etc, etc, will be mad! :medium-smiley-070:

My "worst" ticket on this 4Fer is 16th which means to me...I have all good seats. Well actually don't know where my LA seat is yet. Hey Scarlett or KAndre, when will we know about those seats? Just curious. I'm happy anywhere.

LOL about Clay going on tv to announce his engagement. Are these people who have been fans awhile? I mean really, I don't see Clay doing that on any show, let alone Kimmel.

So HOT here today. I guess I won't complain though. Go Warriors!

From the field notes blog.

On Wednesday night, American Idol devoted two hours of primetime programming, corporate sponsorship, celebrity support and the largest audience in television to raise funds for children affected by poverty in the U.S. and Africa.

On behalf UNICEF, we offer our gratitude for the privilege of being one of nine esteemed organizations to benefit from the Idol Gives Back event. As a result of this generosity, UNICEF will be able to purchase vaccines, provide clean water, distribute antimalarial bednets, and administer medicines to continue saving the lives of children in Africa.

In addition to the much needed financial support generated by Idol Gives Back, there is another very important outcome of the broadcast.

At a time when nearly 30,000 children die each day from preventable causes, Idol Gives Back succeeded in bringing the needs of the some of the world’s least visible children to the center stage of America. For 120 minutes, viewers were able to learn about issues that threaten to destroy childhood for hundreds of millions in the United States, and worldwide.

Idol Gives Back brought Americans closer to each other, and the world that night, as we watched children share their life stories with Simon, Ryan, Paula and Randy. Whether the child was struggling to survive on the streets of L.A. or trying to overcome the agony of AIDS in Kenya, it was understood that children are the same no matter where they live.

Music, images, and the words of children proved to be a powerful truth that motivated people to contribute more than $30 million dollars in two hours. At UNICEF, our truth is that children deserve protection, education, health and dignity regardless of geography, race, religion or politics.

On behalf of the world’s children, we’d like to give a standing ovation to Idol Gives Back, CPEF, FOX, News Corporation, the corporate sponsors, performers, contestants, and viewers who made the evening a resounding success. Your participation is a sign that America is willing to stand with us and make sure that all children survive and thrive.

Just got back to my hotel room after wandering around downtown Denver. Cool. Had a couple of locally brewed beers, some fried calamari and a pear and walnut salad. Cool. Gonna do some work in my room tomorrow before meeting up with some business people for this and that and then I get to see my "Denver Dames"---3 of 4 women I've met through the Clay network who live nearby.

(Hey, CG! I'm gonna see simonschnzr tomorrow!)

The boss arrives tomorrow night and then Wednesday is dedicated to the REAL work of getting final info about the hotel for our upcoming BIG conference here in November.

Tip: WHen in Denver, go to Wynkoop Brewery and order their "Railroad Ale"...damn good stuff! :medium-smiley-070:

Also, PFFFTTT! To those who are bitchin' about 'low energy' in the fandom or a down cycle or whatever. I swear some people think that Clay ONLY exists when he's visible to them. That he's ONLY busy when they KNOW what he's doing. That he ONLY has a life that involves them. I'm tickled pink about 2007 so far re: Clay Aiken. I think he's done a great job of taking his life back---just like he said he was going to do. I LOVE what he's been involved in so far and I'm excited about the tour.

So WTF is the problem? :angry22:

Never mind---- :TourExcite: :Tour3: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Can I post here? LOL

Different kind of place, different pace, but I seem to recognize a few names. Okay, more than a few. I'm crap at chatting...but I don't want to lurk here forever!

Ticket stress? How 'bout fishing for 3 tickets in Cary, and it's the only show for 2 of those folks. And you get absolutely nothing but lawn offered in both the presale and the regular sale. I even got my husband up early both times to try (yeah, early for us, shuddup). Three? is a bad number for tickets. If my friends don't find a nice pair somewhere (hatesss brokers myself), we'll all sit in the lawn. I'm not stressing for myself, 'cause I've got 4th! row! center! in Knoxville two nights later - in air conditioned comfort, I might add.

Playbiller - I have access to the entire CV vault, and can copy stuff to the CH vault. I just have to know what to look for. And believe me, once you've pushed around a terabyte or two of clack, you're just not that excited about seeking out more... I did look in their ET folder and they have clips from 4/2 (Disco night) on forward. The CH clips don't start until the anomaly. We have a bit more breathing room in the vault now, so I've moved a dozen folders over (check dates for new stuff). I ain't doing no stinkin' clack alert though!

Y'all don't seem to mind OT stuff so I have a question. My husband and I need to be in San Diego over Labor Day weekend (concert and meeting his sister). Would it be silly for us to fly into SFO 3-4 days early and wind our way down? We're not exactly self-starters, so if it's not too far, it might be better if we're forced to move around, rather than ending up hanging around in the hotel until it's too late in the day to actually do anything. Yeah, that's us. <sigh>

Edited by geekette

EEEEEEEEEEEEE geekette!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

These folks go to bed early so you may not get a proper welcome til tomorrow--I'm brain dead but let me just say... :Tour3: :TourExcite:

Can I post here? LOL

Different kind of place, different pace, but I seem to recognize a few names. Okay, more than a few. I'm crap at chatting...but I don't want to lurk here forever!

Heee.. yes you can post here and yes stop lurking.

Ticket stress? How 'bout fishing for 3 tickets in Cary, and it's the only show for 2 of those folks. And you get absolutely nothing but lawn offered in both the presale and the regular sale. I even got my husband up early both times to try (yeah, early for us, shuddup). Three? is a bad number for tickets. If my friends don't find a nice pair somewhere (hatesss brokers myself), we'll all sit in the lawn. I'm not stressing for myself, 'cause I've got 4th! row! center! in Knoxville two nights later - in air conditioned comfort, I might add.

Yep it is stressful buying for others because you don't want to buy seats that they hate. Pala was kinda stressful. because I had to buy 4 tickets. One of the seats is for my sister in law and she's never seen Clay live. But this was the sale that the OFC presale actually came after the regular sale. HUH? After reading what everybody else had to say I felt confident that there was nothing better to be found without buying packages/subscriptions etc..

So in Cary...does lawn mean lay out a blanket and have a picnic or are there chairs on the lawn.

Y'all don't seem to mind OT stuff so I have a question. My husband and I need to be in San Diego over Labor Day weekend (concert and meeting his sister). Would it be silly for us to fly into SFO 3-4 days early and wind our way down? We're not exactly self-starters, so if it's not too far, it might be better if we're forced to move around, rather than ending up hanging around in the hotel until it's too late in the day to actually do anything. Yeah, that's us. <sigh>

OK what was the first giveaway.. womanly cycles, daily walks with Shadow or our shitty weekends. Heee. To answer your question though, no I don't think it would be silly. I would actually love to drive home from San Diego down the coast but it's really not feasible since I'll have to be back at work the day after Indio. I did a google search and found someone asking the same question and they got all kinds of good advice. It's a start. Of course traveling around holidays there may be more traffic and everythings gets a bit more expensive if that's a concern. Of course check the regular spots like California Visitor's Bureau etc.

ETA: Don't know what ya'll are talking about with the low energy references but I love the pace of this year..no out and out drought - stuff on the calendar, many surprises, and 2 tours to look forward to. Works for me.

I'm awake!

Can I post here? LOL

Well, they me post here….so they shouldn’t mind you at all, geekette. :welcome:

Ah, the Ghosts of Tickets Past….

Sometimes it’s those little extras that make it all worthwhile. I think on of my worst seats was a second row in Council Bluffs for the JNT05 so far to the side that when Clay came out to sing Emmanuel for that first time…my view was blocked so I had no idea that Jacob wasn’t there. Clay was a lovely ethereal floating head since the rest of him was hidden behind some speakers. My first Clay concert was the AI2 tour in Toronto. I was late coming to that one and asked the travel agent who booked our flights and hotel to find some tickets. She got them off Ticketmaster….something I had heard of but never used. No venues in Nova Scotia used TM for anything. I think that’s still the case. I thought they were pretty good, up on the side in a section about a quarter of the way down from the stage. That is until I started reading about all the fun the people on the floor were having and my son happened to tell me that my seats sucked and if I wanted good ones I should go to eBay. He set up the account. Bad bad boy! I had no clue what I was doing but forged head long into the bidding on a pair of 4th row seats that went, in the end for $500 to someone else. Whew!! I was so relieved not to have won them…..(remembering my lectures to my teenager that you don’t win it if you have to pay for it.) I thought I was off the hook and saved from my insanity until I got an email from the seller saying that the winning bid fell through and I could have the tickets if I wanted them.

I guess I am deliberately insane. I had time to rethink the folly of paying $500 for tickets to an AI2 concert that I was taking my husband to, so no chance to recover half the money or nothing. Nope! They were to be mine all mine because I sent an email back to the seller as quick as a wink and made my son show me how to use PayPal. Those were great seats. My first time, ever and Clay rose out of that stage right smack in front of me. He was RIGHT THERE!!

He was RIGHT THERE another night, this time from the jumbotron at the MCI center during the IT tour. That was incredible…I was sitting with Chardonnay in a side stage section at jumbotron level and there was no one between us and him on that sheet…..er….screen and he was sooo close and it was like there was no one else in that arena…no one. We still claim, to this day, it was the best sex we ever had. It wasn’t until later, when we got momo’s clack, that we knew he was getting into it too.

At one time I could never manage to pull up a close seat during a regular sale. I would always buy something, since I didn’t want to book flights without something in hand, but my first time tries usually landed me in Rows 15 – 20 or up on the sides. Then the upgrading began either through fans, who had better seats to sell, or brokers, or eBay. Sometimes it bordered on the ridiculous…going ahead a couple of rows. I generally have better luck now and I plan better than I did when all this first started. Sometimes the planning pays off for me and sometimes it doesn’t. I cut down on all the upgrading by not jumping on the first set of tickets that TM threw at me….patience has paid off for me there. I was 16th row at Red Bank and that was just fine. I’ve had a lot of shows, so I’m content not to sit on his lap at all of them. As long as I can see it, I’m happy. As long as my zoom lens can see it…she’s happy too. Zoom lens likes Rows 2 -7, but she can’t always have her way with him, unfortunately. Sometimes it’s Binoculars turn to come out and play.

For the most part, I’ve been happy with all of the seats I’ve had from the JBT to the present and heaven knows…there’s always going to be someone in a better seat than me. Even if I got a front row center this time around, that gal at first violin’s got me beat by a mile.

Muskifest wrote:

Also, PFFFTTT! To those who are bitchin' about 'low energy' in the fandom or a down cycle or whatever. I swear some people think that Clay ONLY exists when he's visible to them. That he's ONLY busy when they KNOW what he's doing. That he ONLY has a life that involves them. I'm tickled pink about 2007 so far re: Clay Aiken. I think he's done a great job of taking his life back---just like he said he was going to do. I LOVE what he's been involved in so far and I'm excited about the tour.

Yeah, I don’t get the low energy bit. I’ve been on a ticket buying high for a couple of weeks now. I love tour plotting…..um…..planning. And I’m expecting to have more great sex this summer whether he can actually see me or not. It really is immaterial and probably better for him if he can’t. :Tour3:

Hey Scarlett or KAndre, when will we know about those seats? Just curious. I'm happy anywhere.

Couchie, I think the PMC said we know in June. I bought tickets for the Goo Goo Dolls performance as part of my membership and that’s on June 17th. I don’t have those tickets yet.

Hee. As a 28 year old, Clay should be having a 10 year high school reunion coming up.

Would a high school reunion be in mid July? I think mine was…..but it’s so long ago now I might be getting that mixed up with the Jurassic Period.

Speaking of which, all of you guys talking about your daughters and their first made me miss my own little girl something awful. I just can’t go upstairs or get in the car if I want to see her…..well, I guess I can get in the car but it takes me 5 days. She and I did a NAT trip together the summer she graduated high school. We drove from Nova Scotia and did both nights at Clio and the Cleveland show. That was a GOOD time and she got to meet some of my friends from the Broads who have her on their Yahoo buddy lists and on Face Book. I’m not even on her Face Book. I’ll see her in a month again. My mother is going to be here tomorrow night…..so if I’m missing, I’m entertaining. It’s her first time in Texas and what does she want to do? Shop for shoes and go to a ballgame. Works for me….

Oh I almost forgot since I got to rambling on...

The only good thing was we witnessed a Clay hissy fit after he messed up Solitaire and no one could have see it if they weren't seated where we were!

Claygasm, do tell. I want to hear about the hissy fit.

welcome geekette! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

In answer to your question... I don't know either city at all (never been to either one)

but according to google maps, it's nearly an 8-hour drive from SF to SD. I'm sure there

must be a bus or something you can take, or I guess you'd be renting a car... it could be

fun if you really like seeing the countryside I guess! I'd do it it I wanted to see people

in both places!

Here're the google map directions.

And I found this travel message board that might help to shed some light on the topic!

Apparently there are a lot of B&Bs along that route.

eta: I wasn't quick enough! Couchie found the same board!

:nature-smiley-014:

I also want to welcome alliesmom!! It's been a few days since you showed up,

and I keep forgetting!

In answer to the best seat question... I suppose the best seat I had was 3rd row center

at Wolf Trap (JBT). At the Delaware St Fair (NAT), I had 2nd row center seats, which should

have been excellent, except that it was not under cover and it was pouring rain! At the York

St Fair (NAT), I had nose bleed seats, because I decided to go at the last minute and that was

the best I could find. In AC, Diva and I sat in the back row. (we started in the 11th row behind

a bunch of Amazons... ) I got some good photos tho, especially of the glowsticks during TRD!

A funny story about the York SF... behind me was a gay couple and I struck up a convo

with them. I asked them when they had last seen Clay and they hadn't seen him since AI!

I said, "Just wait'll you see what he does, he'll blow you away!" And one of the guys said excitedly,

"Oh! Does he do show tunes?" :goaround::cryingwlaughter:

:Tour3: :EmoticonRingAround:

Edited by cha cha trusty

See Gekette, you can postho AND get travel info heee. Also google Hwy 1..that's the gorgeous scenic route between both cities.

KarenEh, you crack me up. You have the best stories. Since I didn't decide to go to AI2 concert until long after all the tickets were sold I paid a lot of money for my tickets...started out at last row in the building....upgraded several times and ended up finally 9th row. I haven't done much of that since.

Thanks for the LA ticket news. Never had to get involved in that stress at all thanks to Scarlett and KAndre. whoo hoo.

ChaChaTrusty..oh I remember that Delaware concert and the pouring rain. How could you stand it?

And one of the guys said excitedly,

"Oh! Does he do show tunes?" :goaround::cryingwlaughter:

Whenever I go to NYC I stay with a friend who lives on the upper west side. Depending on how long I stay I always go out with him and his friends. OK the gay bowling league and house parties - no problem. I am the shy and retiring type (similar to KAndre heee) and my days of really partying are so over but one night I got dragged around from gay club to gay club and then they told me they were going to show me the ultimate. I'm like..ok... if that last place wasn't the ultimate I don't know what was. So I prepared myself for god knows what..and we ended up in this piano bar singing show tunes for half the night. I had a great time. Don't mess with the show tunes. It was serious business. Damn I need to go back to NYC. I used to go at least every other year until 911. I haven't been there since. I miss it.

Me too. This has been a great few months. We've had intermittent appearances and clack, we've had all the excitement of ticket sales and tour planning, and we're already less than two months from the first night of the tour. Low energy my ass. :Tour3:

Hey, geekette!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hee. As a 28 year old, Clay should be having a 10 year high school reunion coming up. I think not only should Clay 'chopper in (per his Kimmel comments in 2004), he should make a grand entrance with Tyra as his date. I think that would be an appropriate to any of the troglodytes that were ever mean to him in high school and who are now fat, balding, and selling used cars.

My goodness that just gives me the warm and fuzzies thinking about that scenario! I think that's a lot better than inventing Post-Its*g*

me too...perfect f.u. dont you think?????

Thanks Geekette - now I was wrong about extra - it was access hollywood taht was covering AI a lot before - anything old in that folder?

I had some of that stuff in Rm format - but not all of it. Guess it will be time to fire up a new youtube id. One where my old stuff won't be deleted when they ban me.

From Notacanuck at the CH:

An Idol who really gives back

Before charming the hearts of American Idol fans in 2003, singer Clay Aiken was a teacher, focusing on special education in his native North Carolina. Today, in addition to performing and recording, Clay acts as an education ambassador for UNICEF, most recently in post-Taliban Afghanistan. Still jetlagged, Clay told Yahoo! Music in his smooth drawl why Idol Gives Back won't solve the poverty problem, what it was like to grow a beard and wear long robes, and why he never sings when visiting schools abroad.

Hey geekette!

Man, Clay gives neat interviews!

van-ani.gif

This picture cracked me up! Hee!

Bottom line for me is if I am going to several shows I am ok with not great seats for all of them. I would always like good seats for at least one show for pictures, but I would rather go to more shows that to pay big bucks to get great seats and only go to one. Now if I could only go to one, then I think I would definitely want a really good seat.

I'm pretty much like this too, but then I thought about the JNT 2005, where I had a box seat with my husband and a good friend plus her husband. It was my only show -- and yet I had a blast. For one thing, we were far enough back to get the ENTIRE proceedings; also, it was fun being fangirly with my friend while our husbands were rolling their eyes in tandem. *g* But for the most part, I think I would try my best to get fairly good seats for at least one show per tour (which I already have this time around, thanks to the wonderfulness known as KAndre), and so I'm not stressing too much yet about Tulsa. Ask me again n two days.

Another thing, for me, regarding seats -- I've had front row twice. As much as I loved it, I also feel that there are fans out there that have NEVER had front row, and I feel as if they should at least have a chance at getting those great seats before I pounce again. Selfishness has never been my strong suit.

Kimmel - I keep forgetting about it! Bad fan! Oh, this will give you all a chuckle. I read on another board that someone is convinced Clay will be announcing his engagement to Kristy on Kimmel! I bet Tyra, Jamie, Jaymes, Mary, Kelly, Angela, Bikini Girl, AMA girl, Tongue Girl etc, etc, etc, will be mad! :medium-smiley-070:

Oh Lord. :drugsneeded:

While it is wonderful to be close, for me, it's not an absolute imperative. I can't do a lot of concert travelling, so if there's a concert near me, I'm going to go, wherever the seats are. I may look wistfully at the front rows, but I'm not willing to go to extreme lengths to get them (brokers, memberships, multiple buys, etc.)

I'm just grateful that there are tours. Justin Guarini's not touring. Diana DeGarmo isn't touring. Bo Bice toured, but not to the extent Clay has been able to in the two years since he left Idol. I think we're actually very lucky, as far as fans go. Things could be so much worse.

Great attitude, and I totally agree. As much as many people just KNEW in 2003 that after the Anomaly, they'd still be hearing from Clay...it could have been FAR different. But the idea of that sounds so preposterous now -- because, really, I wouldn't be writing on this message board if that had happened. It's fantastic that Clay is here in our lives, and I truly believe he will be for a long time to come. So, that's a good reason not to stress over tickets as much. I'll get better seats sometime soon, I know it.

Hee. As a 28 year old, Clay should be having a 10 year high school reunion coming up. I think not only should Clay 'chopper in (per his Kimmel comments in 2004), he should make a grand entrance with Tyra as his date. I think that would be an appropriate :biteme: to any of the troglodytes that were ever mean to him in high school and who are now fat, balding, and selling used cars.

Hee! Just even thinking about Clay at this HS reunion cracks me up. If nothing else, his biography in the reunion booklet should be a hoot; I think most of us could write it! Yes, it would be great if he showed up with Tyra on his arm, but even if he shows up by himself, just as Clayton, I think the class will be quaking in their boots, waiting for his retaliation. *g*

I've never understood this mentality, either. I think though it was simply being spoiled. Clay was EVERYWHERE in 2003 and most of 2004. Suddenly 2005 hit, without the prospect of "seeing" Clay everyday, and more than a few people got very nervous. It never really happened, though, did it? He kept popping up (heh), just not as frequently as before. 2006 was different -- but at the same time, I really figured he had to be working, y'know? The guy likes to keep busy, or it seems that way, anyway. Plus, he does need vacations. Anyway, I've almost always had the "absence makes the heart grow fonder" mentality toward Clay. I love him, but I know that, since he's not my husband *g*, it's good to have a break from him once in a while -- because it makes me appreciate him all the more when he does show up again!

Have fun in Denver, muski!

Can I post here? LOL

Hey geekette!!! :welcome: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Good luck with your search. I'm sure you know this already, but I'd just be patient for a while -- and lurk at a bunch of other boards plus ebay and TM. Those decent tickets seem to appear unexpectedly for some reason. I agree that getting three could be a problem -- is there a possibility you could buy 4 and then try to sell the fourth?

These folks go to bed early so you may not get a proper welcome til tomorrow

jmh has me pegged! Heh. My routine at night is The Daily Show, followed by one more quick perusal of the boards, and then bed. But at 6:00 a.m., I'm drinking a cup of coffee, eating my cereal, and checking the boards. Awake and alert too! As a farm girl, that's a way of life for me!

As long as my zoom lens can see it…she’s happy too. Zoom lens likes Rows 2 -7, but she can’t always have her way with him, unfortunately. Sometimes it’s Binoculars turn to come out and play.

For the most part, I’ve been happy with all of the seats I’ve had from the JBT to the present and heaven knows…there’s always going to be someone in a better seat than me. Even if I got a front row center this time around, that gal at first violin’s got me beat by a mile.

Karen Eh?, I love your way with words. This whole thing CMSU!

The only good thing was we witnessed a Clay hissy fit after he messed up Solitaire and no one could have see it if they weren't seated where we were!

Yeah, I'd like to hear this one too!

Thanks KAndre for the interview! Heh. I guess we know what he thinks about Idol Gives Back now, huh? *shrug*

:Morning:

Y'all can stop scrolling now....

I truly love that Clay is so straightforward. This is NOT a game to him. What a large task though. How do you educate a world that lives in soundbites. It seems impossible. I'm really not an optimistic person. I just don't think enough people in the world really gives a damn. And even the people who really really do - how many of them honestly do anything besides throw money at the problem. I was so outraged by wnat happened in Rwanda and I have educated myself but really what else have I done. Nothing. OK now that I'm thoroughly depressed I'll go to work now.

ETA: LdyJ - I could so see him making a conscious decision not to take part in IGB. So yay all that money was raised and it was a wonderful thing. Separating Clay from AI is a very difficult thing to do - even in his UNICEF articles where they are trained not to mix the Ambassordorship with the private/professional lives - he is still asked. He really is so closely identified with that show. I think participating would have made it so hard for people to separate his UNICEF role from that single event. He's doing such a great job.

alliesmom and geekette! MORE groovy women finding clay aiken! Welcome and :Tour3:

Geekette---there's some purdy scenery to see between San Francisco and LA, for sure. If you take your time and stop to smell the roses and drink the wine, then :allgood: ...Hightailing it on highway 5, however, holds no interest for me.

Okay, may I just say that I FLOVE that Yahoo interview?! And just because I enjoy stirring turds as much as the next fan (at least at FCA, heh), may I also say that this answer, though the shortest, was the most revealing? "No comment."

Have I told you lately just how much I love that man? And KarenEh's reference to a certain video during a WDC performance of IT reminds me just how passionate he is about whatever he's...er....into at the moment. :hubbahubba:

And thinking about THAT is NOT conducive to getting any work done, so if I'm not prepared for my business meetings today, it's all KarenEh'sfault.

Lots of chatting after I went to bed, I see!

(Hey, CG! I'm gonna see simonschnzr tomorrow!)

Ooo! Give her a hug from me! I sure hope she's doing well.

So WTF is the problem? :angry22:

Never mind---- :TourExcite: :Tour3: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yeah, me too. I had to kind of sound off about that very subject elsewhere. I read what was being said and thought "Where have these people been this year?"

Ah, the Ghosts of Tickets Past….

Sometimes it’s those little extras that make it all worthwhile. I think on of my worst seats was a second row in Council Bluffs for the JNT05 so far to the side that when Clay came out to sing Emmanuel for that first time…my view was blocked so I had no idea that Jacob wasn’t there.

Hee! Did you think Jacob's voice had suddenly gotten a lot better???

As long as my zoom lens can see it…she’s happy too. Zoom lens likes Rows 2 -7, but she can’t always have her way with him, unfortunately. Sometimes it’s Binoculars turn to come out and play.

I am also happy when your zoom lens is happy!! :)

Would a high school reunion be in mid July? I think mine was…..but it’s so long ago now I might be getting that mixed up with the Jurassic Period.

Yeah, well, I have my mumbleymumbley high school reunion in July - right in between the Texas and Philly concerts. Damn, now I don't have an excuse not to go! Just one more thing that should be motivation to exercise and lose some weight!

Well, Clay kind of messed up "Solitaire". I think he repeated a verse or something, but it was so obvious I swear there was an audible gasp from the audience. When he was done he turned and started down to the platform that lowered him down, but before he got there, he stopped on the steps and literally stomped his feet! I was watching him through my binoculars and while I am not the best lip reader in the world, I am pretty sure he was saying a few words he wouldn't have wanted his mama (who was there) to hear! It was actually pretty funny. It was just a few seconds of stomping foot, cussing Clay but I am telling you, it made the concert for me! Then he composed himself and took his bows while he was lowered into the floor.

But I wouldn't have wanted to be the first Coke machine he saw!

ChaChaTrusty..oh I remember that Delaware concert and the pouring rain. How could you stand it?

I was there too! What a night! It wasn't just the rain. It was the lightening bolts and the thunder and Clay calling us crazy! And the mean security people! After some (sane) people left, we tried to move over from the side section where we were sitting to the center section and they made us move back to our original seats!

Meanies. <_<

And we looked so pretty in our combat green ponchos with rain dripping off our noses.....

Oooo. I almost forgot! Welcome geekette!