#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

Waves to muskifest and Claygasm.... you guys rock!! Oh yeah?!?

Yeah! So whatcha gonna do about it?!?!?

Hee.

YAY Huskerfalcon!!!!!! She came to say hi!! Stick around for awhile! I need to say something to piss you off so I can hear your quick and effective come back! ;)

And also know, if I ever say something to piss you off, it doesn't mean I don't love you! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Is it too soon to be looking for a goldarngirl / luckiest1 Production of the "Best of Houston?"

Hee, we are still stuck in the middle of another JBT. If I can stop watching DCAT clack, we'll finish it soon. ;) And we haven't even talked about venues on the DCAT, but I betcha Syracuse or Canandaigua will be among them. Perhaps Houston. :P

I vote for a Best of Houston too! It rocked!

Clay more than met my expectations in Frisco. I wasn't looking for him to top himself, but to entertain me - if he topped himself, fine, otherwise - eh. Clay does not always have to be Superstar to make me happy, he just has to be Clay.

Play, I have loved your attitude this week. ITA, even though I wasn't in Frisco. Every concert is different and unique, but I can honestly say I've never had a disappointing experience.

You know, as I have been thinking about the varied reactions to Frisco by people who were there, it struck me that I personally do not know anyone who didn't like it who didn't have faith that Clay would would bring it in Houston. I think that says a lot about our Clay love and our fandom. Of course, there are always a few rotten apples in every bunch.

You don't have to love everything thing Clay does to love him. I doubt anyone here can say in all honesty that they have never been disappointed in their spouse, significant other, child or dear friends, or beloved pets, but yet you still love them to pieces. IMO, Frisco was not good on many levels - some Clay's doing, some not. I know others who were there had totally different experiences. Doesn't mean they're right and I'm wrong or vice a versa. Just means we all had different experiences. We all still love and support Clay.

Its like the ATDW controversy. Some think they absolutely know for a fact all that happened behind the scenes with that album and even this tour and know what Clay thinks about it. Maybe they do. Who knows. Some just think everything about ATDW is perfect. Some hate the album for what it is or what it represents. Some think its the best thing ever. IMO, it doesn't really matter because we are still here supporting Clay and loving him and drooling over him and lusting aftren him.

We are his fans. We are a wide and varied bunch of people coming from all different geographical areas, socio-economic backgrounds, different educational backgrounds, different religious backgrounds, different political views..... We're just really different. We will all see things differently. We will like different things about Clay and dislike different things. And we will all filter things we learn, or read, or hear or see differently.

But in the end, we are all here because we love Clay - the man, his voice, his giggle... we all love different things about him too. But we love him.

So I don't think its fair to jump all over people just because they didn't like the Frisco concert, or his hair, or his clothes, or the song choices, or ATDW etc. I am not saying that to point out anyone here. I think anyone of us with strong opinions has a tendency to do that from time to time. I am sure I am guilty of it. However, when we TRY and remember we are all here for the same reason - Clay - it might make it easier to be more accepting of divergent points of view.

Ok - lecture over! You all can wake up now!

I'm sick of the plane story already. Hope the media just drops it. Although if Clay can use it to his advantage (i.e. funny banter, etc) all the better for him. Woman had serious issues, from the sound of it.

I haven't been seeking this story out so other than here, I have yet to hear it! Doesn't bother me. I think its funny because all I can think about are his big, "stinky" feet!! Personally, I think it makes the woman seem like a nutcase, not Clay. The woman next to me on my flight home was asleep using both armrests. I didn't start hitting her! Not to mention the screaming kid who was driving everyone nuts and whose mother didn't even attempt to shut the kid up. I DID want to hit her - the mother, not the kid! It will blow over as soon as there is something else about someone else to report.

Hey to the FCA from Tulsa!

I swear, this concert series has ably demonstrated to me why multiple concerts are a necessity for me - these 3 could hardly be more different. Frisco struck me as the ugly duckling of the bunch - between fans with certain expectations (and we all have them) to the general audience that didn't have any...in general, I'm just one of those people that for Clay concerts, I tend to concentrate on what works for me - and being in the fun part of the audience is one of the things that make it work for me. Houston was the fuckin' swan (incredibly beautiful with stuck up parts). Tulsa was a mallard or goose that bites, I gotta think some more.

Hee! KAndre is doing bird analogies! :cryingwlaughter:

We have GOT to do a FCA get together - we are so kickass!

We sooooo do!!! It would rock!

So, I come home to a heatwave. Its hotter here than in Texas! And I still don't have my air conditioners in!

And watching clack is only making me hotter! But in a good way.... :hubbahubba:

170298234-L.jpg

170302538-L.jpg

170335184-L.jpg

I dunno.... I think Google Alerts completely removed the heirarchy of news which gives the illusion of more importance to nonsense. Try searching for other things -- you search Clay Aiken on Google News it returns 320 items. You search Iraq War, you get 78,820. Hell, you search butterflies, and you get 2,498. The day those numbers switch around is the day I'll start to worry. Until then, blip. It's Entertainment News (i.e. gossip and celebrity garbage) and it has it's place. I don't see it as replacing "real" news though the state of newscasters/reporters is a whole 'nother topic.

good perspective...yeah there will be more Clay Aiken google alert this morning because something "interesting" happened...but taken in context I bet a britney or Paris antic still gets more google alert.

Great point YSRN.. We do see everything written about Clay and really it isn't that much when you compare it other things. IT makes the world so much smaller. I just can't believe it's news at all...but I'm not taking it seriously cuz it's just not that big a deal and just like Clay I'm not too stubbord to edit heee so added a line.

Off to download clack...heee. Now that's important.

We are his fans. We are a wide and varied bunch of people coming from all different geographical areas, socio-economic backgrounds, different educational backgrounds, different religious backgrounds, different political views..... We're just really different. We will all see things differently. We will like different things about Clay and dislike different things. And we will all filter things we learn, or read, or hear or see differently.

But in the end, we are all here because we love Clay - the man, his voice, his giggle... we all love different things about him too. But we love him.

So I don't think its fair to jump all over people just because they didn't like the Frisco concert, or his hair, or his clothes, or the song choices, or ATDW etc. I am not saying that to point out anyone here. I think anyone of us with strong opinions has a tendency to do that from time to time. I am sure I am guilty of it. However, when we TRY and remember we are all here for the same reason - Clay - it might make it easier to be more accepting of divergent points of view.

Welcome back, Claygasm!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I didn't like it (overgeneralization) and I wasn't there. Doesn't change my right to have a reaction and to share it with my "friends" on the internets. That's what friends are for... sharing our thoughts, our joy, our disappointments, etc. I'm happy to know every single day that I have friends out here *waves to my little box on my desk* who I can share all of it with. I hope that people view me as someone they can trust with their feelings too. So, yeah, anyway, thanks for sharing...

Good point, chach! I betcha nobody would notice if some wacko was hitting me on the plane. But then I might not yell as loud as I bet Clay is capable of. "She Hit Mah Toe!" Hee. :lol:

I need coffee... wah, I'm out of milk which means I have to get dressed. LOL! Later, peeps!

Edited by YSRN

So as I was speed-skimming the boards, I came across a M&G comment that seemed to imply that you could choose your pose with Clay - it didn't have to just be the arm-around-the-waist-promdate deal. So that set me off to see what I might want to choose if I won a M&G. [Not that that'll ever happen - work with me here, would ya?]

Not surprisingly, Angela provided several possibilities.

The Stalker, aka "Say hello to my leetle friend." Nice hip position, dude.

FriscoDCAT4.jpg

Nasty Dancing, aka Humper Boy

angelalegwrap.jpg

Mister Bendy, aka "Ow, my back!"

AC-WDC2.jpg

Or my personal favorite, The Myspace Special

Raleightongue-1.jpg

bottle, ^^BWAH^^

Ok, pictures are up from someones cell phone on that flight. And they are up on the PH site. Don't go over there...yah, like I have to tell you that......but they were retrieved and posted somewhere else. Just an FYI and you can certainly "ignore" them if you want.

I don't know how to grab them so I'll just post the link to "the shed" where I saw them.

http://p201.ezboard.com/ftheclaymatewoodsh...=41&stop=55

You'll need to scroll down a ways.

Edited by treenuts

I think what we have in common is our love for Clay..but really how people choose to focus and express that does make a difference in where and how people choose to congregate. Every Clay board isn't for every person which is why many of us have moved around all over. I know my fandom has taken many turns. There are many places I've never gotten comfortable - sometimes it's as simple as all those damn emoticons. heee. I never could appreciate them before -- now I love them. You wouldn't catch me on an emoticon filled board a year go. Like I said yesterday, both points of views about Frisco were brought here and I know I listened and appreciated it all. I also loved the show from the comfort of my living room - doesn't mean I tuned out those who didn't. While I sympathized with those who didn't like it..it was also so funny to me to see Play in this very light hearted mood. She's not normally so fangirly. It was really cute.

I only read two boards since Frisco so saw only a few over the top reactions - crazy, emotional reactions and really for me that's to be expected. When people state their likes and dislikes in a rational manner all I can do is respect that opinion. I honestly make it a habit NOT to drown in chatter when there is controversy. I just follow my own heart on the matter and then go from there.

Bottle, LOL. you are a freakin' hoot.

ETA: Quiana is a freakin' hoot as well. I rebuke you in the name of Jesus..LOL..Oh my god, how many times have I heard that in my life... I wonder what is her church demonination. There were times in the past that I didn't think the girls kept up with Clay's banter..not true last night. Fabulous.

Let's see if I can get my foot out of my mouth yet. I was just saying that my expectations are

1) I spend so much time in the Aiken fog, that any Clay is good Clay to me - just hit the notes and make me laugh.

2) I am used to outdoor venues - bugs, external noise, et al - and I adapt. I sincerely doubt if anyone spends as much time at outdoor concerts than me. There are just a plethora in NJ/NYC along with park art shows or just park flea markets. I love them all. So I had that built into my expectations. I seriously don't expect anyone else to have spent that much time at stuff like that and enjoy them as much as me

3) I recognize that people can not like Clack, but there is no substitute for judging a concert by being there, the other is judging Clack of the concert. There are other people that are not captured by the videos, there is the orchestra rarely captured and the people around you and their reactions. So while I don't ignore comments based on video, I don't give them the same weight as comment from people who are there and I feel it is valid if I comment on the video that it be taken the same way. I

It is just my belief (read assumption) that Clay had a ball doing Like a virgin (sly smile on his face) and kind of missed it because it was a joke on so many levels. All the people around me at Frisco thought it was great and hysterical. I don't think the joke is as big with Angela doing the song LAV. JMHO from some one standing at Frisco with the men who were watching the show with a clear view of the children and short women in front of me

I am working on my Houston recap but so much happened, so so much. I don't know if I will get it up today.

I know you can find more Iraq strories, but I clicked on small local papers that were carrying the story and - let me say - they carry very little real news.It just seemed weird that papers would use this small filler rather than carry some real stories.

Edited because apparently my fingers are getting much older than the rest of me and don't work as well.

Edited again to deny being fangirly, I am just happy and had a great time with great company - what? I am not supposed to be happy? How quickly you forget that I loved the Vingettes and other thing people disliked. I happen to enjoy Clay Aiken concerts - shoot me.

Heh, Ruben is appearing after my sister flies off - guess I will go them - 6/19. Should be fun. I am still hoping we get great gifts from Mike and Juliet - I think we deserve them for sitting through that show next Friday.

Edited by playbiller

Play, didn't mean to insult you... but I could just feel the sparkle/happiness in your reports and I loved them. Not to say you aren't normally a sparkly fan - but I just felt the difference of somebody in the Aiken fog. I'm that way myself. KAndre and her cellcerts...felt the giddiness there as well and she nis ormally more dignified in her world domination attitude.

Heads up peeps -

Courtesy of fancynails at the CB:

If any of you receive 'Google Alerts' for Clay in your email do NOT open the one that was sent out today by 'Crazy Dumper' publication. It has a virus in it, that, thankfully, my virus protector destroyed.

Hey, I don't know much about much but, shouldn't we be starting a new thread or something right about now?

Ahhhh, coffee! lotsocoffee.gif

I LOVE the Vignettes... still watch 'em. I met you in NY at one of those shows, play... do you remember?

Looking forward to your recap, whenever you finish it.

What clack did Quiana rebuke someone/thing? in the name of Jesus? :lol:

Ahhhh, coffee! lotsocoffee.gif

I LOVE the Vignettes... still watch 'em. I met you in NY at one of those shows, play... do you remember?

Looking forward to your recap, whenever you finish it.

What clack did Quiana rebuke someone/thing? in the name of Jesus? :lol:

in the airplane haunted theater clack

she had to bless the building with olive oil from the Olive Garden..BTW OLIVE GARDEN was the only thing I heard last night in the banter portion of the concert. Everything was full of static..then out from the static comes Olive Garden plain as day.bwah.

Oh we'll start a new thread some time today. I think I'm going to watch a movie right now..get away from Clay world for a bit heee. But didn't Clay once mention the Prada movie...can never get away from him LOL.

I adored JNT05.. I saw three of them...the first one I was so distracted by the preparty that all I could do is deflate once it was over. Nashville was my favorite..perfect -- despite the frozen toes from sitting on ice and Atlanta was very special as the show had to go on for the fisrt time without their little Gregory. That cast worked overtime..and it was far from perfect..but I really really appreciated that show. Second half Clay came out swinging for the fences with his voice..and damn was it good and emotional.

Like I said yesterday, both points of views about Frisco were brought here and I know I listened and appreciated it all. I also loved the show from the comfort of my living room - doesn't mean I tuned out those who didn't. While I sympathized with those who didn't like it..it was also so funny to me to see Play in this very light hearted mood. She's not normally so fangirly. It was really cute.

I think maybe I should just let couchie speak for me from now on, so I can stop putting my foot in my mouth. I apologize if some took my use of the word "attitude" the wrong way. Play, it was just so great to read your happy recaps. Muski, Claygasm, YSRN and anyone else who didn't enjoy Frisco or had reservations about it, I hope you have enjoyed or will enjoy other concerts. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I respect that. I think sometimes people think that I love everything Clay has ever or will ever do, that I am not discriminating, because I don't tend to post anything negative, and that's not necessarily true. But I just can't use the word "disappointed" and "Clay" in the same sentence because I can't comprehend the concept. He's just a gift, to me.

It is just my belief (read assumption) that Clay had a ball doing Like a virgin (sly smile on his face) and kind of missed it because it was a joke on so many levels. All the people around me at Frisco thought it was great and hysterical. I don't think the joke is as big with Angela doing the song LAV.

Again, I wasn't there, so I guess maybe that doesn't make my opinion as valid as someone's who was there, but ITA with what you are saying here. I admit I was pissed when we found out he changed it in Houston, but I wasn't pissed at Clay, I was pissed for him. Because I figure he wouldn't have sung it in the first place if he hadn't wanted to. But, as couchie so wisely pointed out, he is always revising and refining his performances. This time he took fan opinion into consideration, and that is his perogative. So I got over it quickly.

It is just my belief (read assumption) that Clay had a ball doing Like a virgin (sly smile on his face) and kind of missed it because it was a joke on so many levels. All the people around me at Frisco thought it was great and hysterical. I don't think the joke is as big with Angela doing the song LAV.

Again, I wasn't there, so I guess maybe that doesn't make my opinion as valid as someone's who was there, but ITA with what you are saying here. I admit I was pissed when we found out he changed it in Houston, but I wasn't pissed at Clay, I was pissed for him. Because I figure he wouldn't have sung it in the first place if he hadn't wanted to. But, as couchie so wisely pointed out, he is always revising and refining his performances. This time he took fan opinion into consideration, and that is his perogative. So I got over it quickly.

See, I thought it worked MUCH better in Houston. I didn't think he seemed all that comfortable with it in Frisco. Different perceptions.

One thing I feel sure about - he DID NOT make the change based soley on what the fans said at the OFC or anywhere else. he is a stubborn boy. If he had felt confident and sure and comfortable about it, he would still be doing it like he did in Frisco. This is the man that has refused to sing "Touch" for years, despite the fans clamouring for it! It is my guess that he was never that comfortable with it. That is why he read what everyone was writing. That is why he sought out fan feedback. And maybe when he saw the video of it HE didn't like it.

I honestly believe that Clay is too strong minded, too stubborn to cave to the fans. He hasn't done it before, why would he now.

I agree with you CG...Clay's a pretty independent thinker. If he feels strongly about something he won't change it. You Were There springs to mind. But really we can only guess at the reason for the change.

Now, where is our resident Matt Damon fan. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to the Bourne Ultimatum. I had no idea.

OOh! Is Bourne Ultimatum out now? I LOVE Matt Damon in this role! He's great!

Hello from my hotel room during a quick break I grabbed. We've set up registration and people are swarming into Miami Beach from all over hte country...cool.

I need to see if there's more Tulsa clack to download :Tour3:

But.

To CG, Couchie and Ansa....I got a call today from my hubby. Carrie's team won both of their games yesterday AND won the semifinal game this morning 12-0!!!!!! Against a helluva good team who was at Nationals last year! And Carrie pitched a five-inning shutout, allowing only 2 hits! :RedGuy: Kenny said she was striking out people left and right!

What does this mean? Well, it means that even if they don't come out of this tournament as champions, by the fact that they won the games they did against the caliber of teams they did...AND ended up in second place, at the worst....

We're going to Nationals. I do believe they begin WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1 AND GO THROUGH SUNDAY AUGUST 5! :scream: I have no idea what the schedule is because they haven't created it yet. I do know that it's single elimination so with your first loss, you're outta there.

I will be flying to Las Cruces, NM Tues. July 31, friends, and depending on how the team does?....well, .....

I'm still hearing from the coaches that they can't see us going too far. THe teams there are the best from all over the country---not just Northern California. Most of the teams will be repeaters---teams who've experienced Nationals before. So our chances aren't good that we'll survive more than one or two days of play. That's Thursday, you realize.

I need to check airfares between El Paso, TX (the closest airport to Las Cruces) and San Diego.

Good Grief. :scream:

Ahhh first of all congratulations Carrie. And we'll get to planning as though you won't be there. If you can join us... great. CG I hope you're still game to come and hang out even if your girl won't be there. And if Muski can join us..we'll just make room on the bed. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

and I'm not as grown up as I sound..trying not to pout too much :cryingwlaughter:

Geez, I leave for a few days and the thread poll doesn't get put up until page 79, and we're on page 83 without a new thread. I'd do it, except that I'd fuck it up 'cause I'm so tired.

I'm home. My checked bag isn't. Figures, right? I'm still in an Aiken fog from the past few days. I've made some notes to myself in order to write a recap eventually. There was a lot to process in the past few days. Thank God for the break in the shows.

Did I mention last night that Clay Aiken touched me, and I got to feel arm fur? Did I? Huh?

I hear the "story" is making headlines. I laugh in the face of those headlines, followed by a huge rolling of my eyes. Geez Lou-freakin-ese!!

Off to download tons of clack and find some dinner. Sleep would be good too. Thankfully I have one more day off from work.

Ahhh first of all congratulations Carrie. And we'll get to planning as though you won't be there. If you can join us... great. CG I hope you're still game to come and hang out even if your girl won't be there. And if Muski can join us..we'll just make room on the bed. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

and I'm not as grown up as I sound..trying not to pout too much :cryingwlaughter:

Well, I'm not grown up AT ALL!!!

Congrats to Carrie. I am REALLY happy for her and her team!! :clap:

But did she have to pick NOW to get hot???

So..... If the Nationals go through the 5th, that means muski will miss ALL of the California 4-fer!!! Every last show!

San Diego on the 2nd.

Pala on the 3rd.

The Greek on the 4th (and I assume this means muski's friends won't be coming either!)

and

Indio on the 5th.

Especially after Texas, I was sooooo looking forward to this - and I know muski was too.

But alas, some things are more important than Clay........

So, excuse me while I go pout :( - and at the same time cheer Carrie and the Blaze on! :nana: