#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

flirtyeyess3.gifIMG_0354.JPG

OMG...I am dead!!!!

_________ me! That's the best shot of the tour so far, IMO!!! YUMMY!

I am pumped from tonight's show. It worked so much better for me than Frisco. And he sounded more sure of himself and more beautiful tonight too.

Awesome!

pinkhandcuffsf.gif

_________ me! That's the best shot of the tour so far, IMO!!! YUMMY!

I am pumped from tonight's show. It worked so much better for me than Frisco. And he sounded more sure of himself and more beautiful tonight too.

Awesome!

pinkhandcuffsf.gif

BWAH That's ______hilarious!

OMFG

I just watched spotlight's clack of LAA and I am shaking!!

He appeared nervous, especially at the end when all the applause started and then he really looked nervous there. I am crying and shaking and I don't know why. I know how muski and CG must have felt now.

Oh god, he's so beautiful. This man is such a gift and I am ______sobbing.

Sweet Mary mother of god HELP ME :Thud:

Huge Thanks to spotlight for her rapid response on the clack!! You are MAHVELOUS DARLING :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I can die happy now.

who the hell was coughing throughout that? get that woman a cough drop or a muzzle

treenuts you CMSU, those were my sentiments exactly about the coughs. I didn't feel any sympathy for the cougher, it was like, stifle it for gods sake.

That was simply gorgeous. If you ever have to ask yourself why you've hung around for 4 years, just watch that.

Oh God. CG and I just watched Spot's LAA. And I swear I wanted to cry again. Isn't he beautiful? Wasn't his voice absolutely perfect on this song? And although I do remember noticing his face quivering beside his beautiful mouth :Thud: , watching the video I could really see it...CG said she bet that as the tour goes on, that will go away and I kinda agree. But damn. I'm glad I was there for this one. I don't even count Frisco.

This concert was...this song was...

I cannot even begin to express just what this concert means to me....this man is truly a gift. And I never, never take him for granted. I'm so, so happy that Jones Hall and this orchestra and this audience tonight were all worthy of him.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

heee...Muski called me back. She's still on a high. Anyway I wanted her permission to report her impessions of the Houston concert on FCA... I've put it here... I know you read it in the Houston thread already can you go read it again, heh, and test out comments. I'm having to relearn everything I just learned two months ago. heee.cuz haven't done much there since the initial burst. .just want to test out the kinks..thanks. Oooh I'm going to be one busy girl this weekend, listening to clack, watching clack and making my Houston page all pretty at FCA. Such a strain...sigh.

tomorrow we'll put up a new poll for the next thread.

I wasn't home for most of the concert, so I've had to read through the cellcert. Sounds like Clay gave a wonderful show in Houston to night. I'm so happy for all of you who were lucky enough to be there, especially those of you who were disappointed with the Frisco show. It seems like the longer set, superior venue, and a few little tweaks made all the difference.

I did watch the LAL clack, and it is heavenly. It's wonderful that he has enough confidence in himself to finally sing a song he wrote. He does have a gift for lyric, I think. Those words, "Maybe I've convinced myself, I've really been in love before..." really are powerful. I can only hope that the positive feedback will encourage him to try and write more. I'm not saying he needs to write to a legitimate artist. I just think that he has more talent in him than he realizes, and that it would be a shame if he didn't try to develop it further.

Heh, while the bitching never really gets to me, sometimes the bitching about the bitching does.

Well again the fact that Clay had to do the covers album is not the issue or a big secret. It's how people chose to deal with that that I had to escape. When I hear Clay talk about everything, god he sounds so mature and sane. I'm happy I didn't bury myself in anger, depression, bitterness and worry about how everybody was out to get him. <snip> he's MOVING FORWARD, not stuck in some bitter muck. It's about making the best of it and not living for revenge or stewing in anger. And I don't want to stew either. I might not like this or that, but I can say so and then get over it. And once I speak it and let it go, maybe even enjoy it. (like LAV... heh!).

I think lots of people have run from all the moaning and groaning. I trust Clay's judgment totally; and, besides, it's his life and his career. I figure I'm along for the ride and glad for that. I don't have much to add except WORD! :clap::clap:

That's how I feel too. The extreme ideas are what bugged me--the out to getcha stuff. People seem to be enjoying these songs on tour, and it's almost entirely ATDW music. I haven't forgotten the predictions that he wouldn't sing any ATDW songs and this wouldn't be an ATDW tour, but a tour for the new album, and so on. I don't know why it was so hard to see the potential of that show last night. I want everyone to love the shit out of this show (like all his shows). I don't want to hear more moaning and groaning and unhappiness.

BUT, I take your point YSRN, on the bitching about the bitching. Sometimes people (including me) need to vent about it, and here's a safe place to do it, but I can see how it would be unpleasant.

I love his interviews, always have. I love his honesty, integrity, humor. It's really what hooked me in the first place. Those radio interviews after AI and then concert Clay. I didn't know he was this funny when he was on AI. It was all about the voice.

ETA: what do you think he meant the other day when he said the producer will let him be himself...be more hip but on his terms..I can't remember the exact quote..memory is faulty. An dis there a place for Clay cool out there today... if anybody feels like doing anything other than eeeeeing.

That's a really good question, but I don't feel like doing anything but eeeeeing. Please remember to ask again when folks come back out of the clouds. :Tour3:

Yooohoooooo....

KeepingFaithhhhhh... where are you?

She and ldyjocelyn :TourExcite: are on their way to Tulsa, bay-bee!

Goodnight, FCA! CG and I LURVE you! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Phooey - everyone is going to sleep and there'll be no more clack tonight. That was amazing sound quality on the cellcert, and an amazing show to hear.

pinkhandcuffsf.gif

BWAH

I thought it was a pink bra, but it's handcuffs. Funnee.

My personal favorite of the ATDW songs performed is "These Open Arms" because his voice is so ffffing strong on this given the venue/sound or lack there of. This is awesome!

Give it a listen.....I dare you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBkysjCbiXo&NR=1

:Tour3:

I'm going to do that tomorrow. This has been my least favorite song on the album but I have noticed how strong his voice is over the cellcerts, so thanks for the recommendation.

Before I go to bed.. I just have to say how much I'm looking forward to seeing clack of all the ATDW songs..they sounded amazing tonight. I think there were new arrangements. The harmonies with the girls was fabulous and there was just so much passion and heart in every syllable.

I did watch the LAL clack, and it is heavenly. It's wonderful that he has enough confidence in himself to finally sing a song he wrote. He does have a gift for lyric, I think. Those words, "Maybe I've convinced myself, I've really been in love before..." really are powerful. I can only hope that the positive feedback will encourage him to try and write more. I'm not saying he needs to write to a legitimate artist. I just think that he has more talent in him than he realizes, and that it would be a shame if he didn't try to develop it further.

Agreed. God I'm glad he picked me to follow him. heee.

So now I'm all alone here, wondering, thinking (dangerous I know)

Why did he begin LAA facing eehm...full frontal....then turn to profile so intently?

Perhaps some who was actually there at the concert can comment on this.

It seemed to me that he was refocusing. Maybe trying to control himself, either his nerves or emotionally, and facing the audience and seeing people's reactions in the front, possible tears, was a bit much for him?

I hope I'm not over analyzing this. Don't get mad at me. I'm just really curious about that sudden shift.

Clay being Clay?

Ahhhhhh I heart him

& I wanna ______his brains out :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OK, my reaction to seeing these pictures was

IS THAT REALLY THE SAME GUY WE SAW IN FRISCO?????? :Thud:

And am I understanding correctly that the CH somehow lost the cellcert? As in it is not downloadable? :scream: That was probably the best cellcert of all time. That's horrible, if true. I feel so priveledged to have listened to it. I hope there was someone who was able to capture full audio last night.

Now I have to decide whether to spoil myself or not. This was a whole different beast than Frisco, me thinks. I am pretty sure I do not have the willpower to resist it for 11 more days.

I can't wait to hear from all the FCAers that were there! They must be in seventh heaven right about now.

OK off to watch LAA. That didn't take long. :cryingwlaughter:

ETA:

Oh.

My.

Good.

God.

:Thud:

treenuts, it seems to me that he didn't want to look into the audience while singing it. He only cracked his eyes open once when he was facing them for a brief second, but he sang with his eyes open while he was facing off to the side. I think he wanted an inanimate object to focus on. I really think it's different for him to sing this song than to sing anything else. Must be a weird feeling, singing lyrics that he actually wrote himself. And I believe that they are heartfelt, too, which makes it even more vulnerable for him. I am amazed and thrilled that he is giving us this gift on this tour. I love him more than ever for it.

ETAA:

Ok, y'all know that I am not a smutter. But OMG this pic cracked me up, more for the tag that is on it than anything else. :cryingwlaughter: Someone has trained their son well.

170311366-L.jpg

This one's not too bad either. ;):hubbahubba:

IMG_2346_fsn.jpg

Edited by luckiest1

Ah, I love you guys, and I _____in' love Clay Aiken!!!! Glad everybody is so happy! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

So, not that I was looking or anything, but is that a rivet at the base of the zipper on his jeans? Or a bullseye or sumpin? If you press that button, does a prize pop out?

So that was great...watched the you tube... 7 months to write. 7 months to have smoething to say. At that pace the next album will be out in what 57 years heee. Kudos Clay.

I am going to send this link to lots of people, some of whom periodically receive Clay reports from me whether they like it or not. And it will be in the next blog, for sure! WOW!!! :clap:

I have an interesting piece of feedback from the freelance flautist whose blog -- Are You Achin' for Clay Aiken? -- was posted here by JaMar Friday. I added the link and photo to my Frisco entry, then left her a message. This is part of her reply:

Thanks for the link and the kind words. The CA concert was the first time I've ever played for a big name performer and I was super psyched to do it. Playing after a soccer game was definitely interesting and I'm glad the weather held out.

I just love that she gave us a glimpse of the rehearsal with Clay. His professionalism really shows in that he noticed he wasn't hearing the flutes (who were behind the trumpets, for heaven's sake!!!) and then asked for a soundcheck, which her blog describes in full. I hope she hears from lots of Clay fans. :whistling-1:

I am now down on my knees praying the CH cellcert is not lost. Our reception was so bad that we CV'ers are still basically Houston virgins. :lol:

Cindilu2 -- awesome quote at Ideal Idol! :)

Have a great day, all! I'm off to read the recaps and search for downloads. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Caro listen.gif

((((CV Cellcerters)))) i was feeling for ya last night..

the great thing is...the clack is coming...the clack is coming...hold on tight the clack is coming...

I am now looking soo much forward to Tulsa....hopefully he won't forget the words to some of the songs and hopefully we get that other song that was cut out from the Houston list.

OK, in light of the gorgeous pictures and the drop dead awesome LAA clack from last night, this almost seems silly and trivial....but here are the results of the concert set list contest.

From Frisco, playbiller won hands down.

From Houston, the prize goes to Clayzorback, who correctly predicted the closing song! Way to go!

Here is how the points break down:

14 points - Clayzorback

7 points - ldyjocelyn, keepingfaith, laughn

6 points - JennaZ, playbiller, couchtomato

5 points - luckiest1, cindilu2, crimsonice

4 points - jmh123, ansa

3 points - bottlecap, treenuts

That was fun! Thanks to everyone for playing. Umm, Clayzorback, whadya want from the clack keeper? :lol:

Edited by luckiest1