#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

I guess I should have known it was only temporary. As atinal said, I am just appalled at some of the posts on the boards today. The 'constructive criticism' shown JNT05 has nothing on the vitriol I've read today. I know there's no way to please all the people all the time, but damn. Hopefully the mood changes after Houston - but then there will be ten days for people to shred what's left of his carcass before he comes back again. I am honestly dreading it. I honestly don't know how he does it.

Wait! Stop! Leave some of that tight little carcass for the rest of us!! Sheeesh

And cindi, the answer is TITANIUM BALLS

I am personally thrilled to see that he will be singing more ATDW and some MOAM songs. I could do with a little less of the "variety show" shtick, but I absofuckinlutely loved LAV done Kieth style and all. HOT I tell ya, HOT :imgtongue:

So is nobody still holding out hope for 1 or 2 possibly......dare I say.......new songs?

Well I ain't believin' no set list until I see it performed. Hee. That will be at Tulsa. I'll be traveling during the show tomorrow and won't get to even hear what happened until Saturday. I'm sorta glad it worked out that way.

Other people's disappointment doesn't bother me at all. After all, it's theirs. Not mine. I concentrate on what makes me happy. What doesn't, I avoid.

Word on that Jamar. I just read here and CH today and frankly I saw enough eeeeeing to make me happy and enough honest criticism to make me think. The bit of over the top posts I take note of to ignore next time I see them. Clay is not a dummy. He wants real honest critiques. We already know Houston won't be quite the same..should be longer, the entire environment will be different, and I think he'll be more relaxed in front of his own fans.

I have read that maybe it was a mistake for him to do such a venue..but how can you learn and grow if you only stay with the familiar. We want him to do festivals and be part of group events where the people who come may not be there for him. Clay has been touring on his own since IT. I'm actually kinda happy they reached out to do something different. If one person walked out of there a fan that ordinarily wouldn't have given him the time of day it's all good.

I also think it's easy to say..well ATDW isn't conducive to fascinating show..well I disagree. Clay chose to try something different when in reality he could have just interspersed uptempo songs with the ATDW stuff. He's always sung more slower songs than uptempo on his tours ..but by changing the format it becomes a bit jarring. Blame Clive all you want for ATDW but Clay chose to put the uptempo stuff in two bursts of medleys and not your typical medleys either.. I actually think with a longer show that will be fine. With a shorter set..the first medley came really quickly. I can't wait to see how he tweaks things. And he will because he always does. There's nothing wrong with him doing that..I've always given him credit for fixing any little issues with his shows. And, I do think the banter will grow and grow as the tour rolls on. Three will be a better sound system...better orchestras... and the group will get tighter. First nights are tough enough without all the extras. That's why when I can I go to a show in the beginning of a tour and the one towards the end. They always evolve. This one will be no different.

Now, I'm going to Houston thread to discuss new songs ...I want to eeeeeeeeeeee over a couple of things and say...noooooooooooo over a couple of others :cryingwlaughter:

I am totally and insanely in love with the Classics medley. Currently I am hooked on the xxx4clay clack. Sooooo clear. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I've watched the whole concert. I am so bad. I didn't leave anything unspoiled. I just can't get enough of watching him up there on the stage, smiling and singing his heart out. Having a blast. Singing BYLM to the fans at the end just about did me in. I hope he keeps this one as the closer. And GBTUSA in the hat? Wheeeeee! He is so cute. I love him.

More clack tomorrow! We are so lucky. Night, all. :Tour3:

Edited by luckiest1

So is nobody still holding out hope for 1 or 2 possibly......dare I say.......new songs?

Oh, I think it's still possible. It may just be Jesse accompanying him on piano, but I can imagine him trying out a new song, even if it's not in the first few shows.

I understand some people feeling disappointed in what they saw. It's a little harder for me to accept the anger that a few seem to have, as if his set was some kind of personal insult to them. But I guess passion shows itself in different ways.

I really believe that Frisco was an anomalous situation in many ways. I feel bad for those who couldn't enjoy it, and especially for those who won't have another opportunity to see him. However, I do think things will only get better.

Ha HA! You haven't heard from Scarlett, Solo, merrieeee or PerusingOne because they are probably still in the frickin' car, watching Scarlett's clack!

KAndre runs around singing, "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy" and it's only a little because of the tasty mango margaritas and Vicodan she managed to have this afternoon...

This is gonna be another concert that certain parts people are gonna either love or hate - but man, it was FUN talking about it all last night! And watching it on a big screen HD TV!

The Frisco venue frankly was totally typical of a Texas 4th of July thingie with sports - It wouldn't have mattered who was up there. I personally was impressed by the number of what seemed to be 8 year old girls whose only reason to be there was Clay - a couple were there with their father (who was clearly a serious soccer fan) and it was also clear that the girls prior to this had had no interest in attending a game - the older one was explaining to Dad that there was some sort of LAW that they MUST go on the field - FIRST. He has to RUN. And he would have to hold her up all night so she could SEE. This was the most important thing in the WORLD. Dad was teasing her and us. These girls has to have been no more than 3 or 4 when he was on AI - he still managed to acquire them as fans.

New songs? I have no expectations of new songs at all.

Overall? The 90% of the concert I enjoyed way outweighed the 10% I wasn't thrilled with - and the "Like A Virgin" I'm afraid has grown on me after repeated viewings - the writhing was Keith - but the vocal are so much more Weird Al to me.

Ooooo! Before I forget - for all Houston party people - we are raffling off (with proceeds going to TBAF):

One (1) front row seat

and

One (1) autographed copy of "My Friend Mykala"!

We like incentives!

AH........KAndre. I'm nobody's minion but Clay's, but you rock! Can't wait to hear from the full eHP when y'all return from Tulsa. Wheeeeeeeee!!!

I love it that he isn't afraid to take risks, and I love the medleys--always have.

I love your enthusiasm. I de I am so tired. I haven't really watched much clack yet and since tomorrow is MY show to cover from top to bottom for FCA, I decided to just wait until tomorrow and watch the Houston clack. I'll be watching every bit of clack that comes down the pike from that show all weekend long heee.

Speaking of Vicodin, or in my case percocet - a mere two days after my spa treatment, I tweaked my back carrying groceries from the car to the house. I felt it when it happened but it took two days to hit me strong. It's quite comical actually... especially at night when it tightens up... and I need to go to the bathroom... takes 5 minutes to figure out how to roll out of bed. God I'm old.

Hey KAndre love your story!!

I really believe that Frisco was an anomalous situation in many ways. I feel bad for those who couldn't enjoy it, and especially for those who won't have another opportunity to see him. However, I do think things will only get better.

I think it was the perfect situation for him trying out something new, risky on the first night. It allows for less of a vacuum effect. No better way/place to have a "preview opener".

The Frisco venue frankly was totally typical of a Texas 4th of July thingie with sports - It wouldn't have mattered who was up there. I personally was impressed by the number of what seemed to be 8 year old girls whose only reason to be there was Clay - a couple were there with their father (who was clearly a serious soccer fan) and it was also clear that the girls prior to this had had no interest in attending a game - the older one was explaining to Dad that there was some sort of LAW that they MUST go on the field - FIRST. He has to RUN. And he would have to hold her up all night so she could SEE. This was the most important thing in the WORLD. Dad was teasing her and us. These girls has to have been no more than 3 or 4 when he was on AI - he still managed to acquire them as fans.

Awe KAndre, I adored this story. That alone would have made my night had I witnessed that!

couchie, TRY ICING YOUR BACK. I just finished therapy for a brutal back problem that I thought would kill me for sure (or worse, require surgery). Icing it helped tremendously. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I am totally and insanely in love with the Classics medley. Currently I am hooked on the xxx4clay clack. Sooooo clear. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Luckiest1, have you heard that xxx4clay has a knack for getting front row seats? :lol:

KAndre, love your story! :)

Tomorrow will be awesome, but I'm still enjoying yesterday today. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Caro

Edited by Carolina Clay

couchie, TRY ICING YOUR BACK. I just finished therapy for a brutal back problem that I thought would kill me for sure (or worse, require surgery). Icing it helped tremendously. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks Tree...I now have my ice pack.

Something else to try when you go to bed--put a rolled up towel or a long skinny pillow behind your knees so they are slightly bent. Don't know why, but it helps relax the muscles. One of my other favorites (long hot bath being #1) is what I call the dead bug position. Lie down on the floor, arms at your sides, legs bent at the knee (or propped up with a pillow behind the knees--and just lie there like a dead bug. Keeps the back aligned and allows the muscles to relax. I had major back problems for years after an injury--not fun. Hope it's better soon. My friend who is a locksmith worked on a safe under a desk all day once and then couldn't move to get out. They had to call an ambulance--LOL. Backs are tricky.

I have to add the KAndre quickly outran me onto the field, I was behind her and then she was gone! Don't let that bad foot fool you!

The more I think about what I saw the more I loved it. I loved watching the entrance. I doubt bad camera man caught it, but there was a casaul, ho hum, just another day, light hearted stroll out into the stage - I just loved it so much. It ws like he was not gone for very long nd this was just another day, but the screaming and love thrown out to him proved it was just a lie, heh. To see him turn forward (I saw him from when he left his tent) and turn toward us and bust into that glorius smile. probably the simplest and best opening ever.

As to no new fans - I think not - there was that pregnant mother and her two daughters just eating Clay up - she did not own anything he did, I told her there werfe some albums I saw in Best buy that morning. One man next to me was hugging his wife and swaying towards the end, before the show, he was complaining. Now, I cannot attest to every one tere, but I must have been in a blessed circle of children mothers and men. everyone seemed pretty happy, (the two teen boys near the front were having a great time, but left sullenly at Lover All Alone - I think this will never be a teen favorite)

Muski, Claygasm, I am sorry you did not leave the stands, It did look like it would be doable from there and I was seriously worried about pushing while I contemplated the field, but figured, the more sensible people on the field, the safer the children would be. It was so great on the field, so many nice people to meet, so many old friends (Podsoda, Dolce), very little jostling (a 16 yearold accidently bumped my shoulder when she tripped), so much space between people. It seems such a shame to have come from so far only to stop by a few yards.

Tomorrow is another day - I hope to see Like a Virgin again - Clay was so adorable (the only word to describe it) doing that song and he so enjoyed doing it, the smile after he finished.

Cheesy? - I don't call anything cheesy because - well, it must describe me then because I enjoyed it. hick, HICK - sounds to me someone deserves a time out and should just skip this tour. Is that not like insulting a buch of people whojust posted they enjoyed it - say you don't like it, but don't use words that insult other fans! You know, people are not forced to attend, just like they are not forced to be fans of Clay. Clay is going to be Clay, no matter what the fans want. Give me a goof anytime, I have always loved intelligent men that can have fun with no shame.

The more I think about what I saw the more I loved it. I loved watching the entrance. I doubt bad camera man caught it, but there was a casaul, ho hum, just another day, light hearted stroll out into the stage - I just loved it so much. It ws like he was not gone for very long nd this was just another day, but the screaming and love thrown out to him proved it was just a lie, heh. To see him turn forward (I saw him from when he left his tent) and turn toward us and bust into that glorius smile. probably the simplest and best opening ever.

Awww, thanks for this. I can't wait for the entrance, even though so many are complaining about it. It sounds simple yet wonderful. And I totally agree with your little rant at the end, too! Some of the behaviour I saw on various boards yesterday was disgusting.

I'm heading for that nice soft comfy looking bed over there in one more minute, but I uploaded a few pics tonight.

170040655-M.jpg

EEEEEEEEEE! Your pictures are gorgeous. This just became my new desktop background!

This is a really cute blog from a member of the orchestra from the Frisco venue, and it also includes a pic from the rehearsals:

http://jennifer-angell.blogspot.com/2007/0...clay-aiken.html

Edited by luckiest1

Oh Karen. I love that first one!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Here's the Tulsa World article...it's nice!

Tulsa World

I found this part at the very end interesting...

The woman who went with Aiken to his prom lives in Bixby, and the singer named his English bulldog after the town, he said.

When did Clay have/get an English Bulldog?

And does anyone else sense a theme here? :cryingwlaughter:

---

I leave for KC this afternoon. Will meet up with Creole tomorrow morning to take off for Tulsa.

eta : I was goofin' around cuz I have a bit of time this a.m. and found some lyrics from a few of the TV Themes that I liked and posted them in the Frisco thread.

http://findingclayaiken.invisionzone.com/i...=380#entry30634

:Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

Edited by jamar1700

Mention of "an American Idol" and the Houston Symphony on ABC news in just now!

I've got most of the blurb and am trying to convert it into an uploadable form...

The Clay mention was also first on the "Houston Happenings" and they played "The Way" for the entire segment.

I captured most of the segment and of course all my video edited software is messing up - could I upload this to someone and they can convert it from the dvr-ms format? It's only about 7 seconds though.

Mention of "an American Idol" and the Houston Symphony on ABC news in just now!

I've got most of the blurb and am trying to convert it into an uploadable form...

The Clay mention was also first on the "Houston Happenings" and they played "The Way" for the entire segment.

I captured most of the segment and of course all my video edited software is messing up - could I upload this to someone and they can convert it from the dvr-ms format? It's only about 7 seconds though.

Wheee! I hope somebody can do this. Seven seconds can be, like LOTS. *g*

playbiller, I am loving your recaps. :F_05BL17blowkiss: And CG and muski, I am wishing you a 1000x better experience tonight.

Karen Eh? Lawdy, lawdy, lawdy you take good pics woman. Phew! Thank you so much!

So who all is representin' tonight?

Edited by cindilu2

Thaanks JMH for the tips. I think I'll just start a thread off main somewhere..help couchie with all her silly issues. I'm gonna hope and pray I can get better through this weekend with rest. Now I just have to make it through one more day of work.

Karen Eh! WOW. Your pictures are wonderul..so clear. I can't wait to see them all.

So who all is representin' tonight?

From what I can gather from the Who's Going Where thread as well as the craziness that is Texas thread:

Claygasm

Heidi

keepingfaith

KAndre

Karen Eh?

ldyjocelyn

merrieeee

muskifest

Playbiller

PerusingOne

rcknrllmom

Solo

Scarlett

sugrbugr

Apologies if I missed anyone or counted anyone I shouldn't have. Heh, I'm no mod. :P

Edited by luckiest1

*wipes sleep from my eyes*

Morning all! Heidi and I are in Houston, have been here since yesterday afternoon. I would have been on sooner, but I was still pissed off at the hotel for charging for internet! So, Heidi finally sprung for it...and so I'm soaking it up while she's waking up this morning!

Had a great time last night hanging out with muski and Claygasm last night at the overpriced bar, having some wonderful margaritas! It was so much fun just hanging with some Clay fans and shooting the breeze over anything and (almost) everything. The "almost" is because the two ladies did a great job of keeping the details of the Frisco show from us.

I can only imagine what the Clay Nation has been like for the past few days. Some good, some bad, some angst, some giddiness. In other words, TOUR TIME!!!

Looking forward to the show this evening!

BTW, Karen Eh?, great finally meeting you last night, and I love seeing your pictures. That was the one thing I was definitely curious about, and I can see that he's still got that killer grin! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tonight, tonight -- won't be just any night!

Doesn't look like anything is going to change from the Frisco concert. According to that Tulsa article. He is still planning to do both medley sets. Of course I don't know when that interview took place.

Nice shout out to the Tulsa fans. Can't wait till tomorrow night............... :TourExcite:

Great pics karen. Thanks for the link to the lyrics jamar.

I'm down to doing the nails today and shaving the legs. I packed what I can pack for now. Need to go check on getting a bigger memory chip for my camera. I've been practicing with it, and it runs out of memory too soon. I took one 3 1/2 minute movie with it on the 4th and the memory got full. With nothing on it except that movie. I can't have that. Sheeesh. Of course I understand we aren't supposed to have cameras at Tulsa. WTH? I'm taking mine. I'll thump Jerome on the head if he tries to confiscate it.......That's after I beg him for a meet and greet. :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by Clayzorback

YAY great to hear from you ldyjocelyn...say hi to heidi for us.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for the Houston concert...I am so looking forward to it...then Tulsa!!!

Then it will be quiet again in Clayland...except for all the dissecting angtsing and worrying.

I hope tonight becomes a better experience for those that were disappointed.

BTW...FCA Frisco concert page is ready...we are still adding stuff to it like Clay says and othere pictures like Karen eh's