#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

From CH:

From CTLover1 at CV:

Clay was on "Steve and DC" this morning. Anyone hear it?

Clayzor...I really don;t expect him to take out those two medley's unless there was some kind of unanimous opinion on it...or if he feels he wants to take them out. What he said will be different is the addition of other songs. It will simply be a longer show IMO...

I really don't want him to take out the medleys...I think enough people had fun with them that I actually think it was a success. If anything i can see him maybe shortening it or changing some songs...but not taking te whole thing out.

I should be working but can't seem to stay away from the boards this morning. I have a virus on my regular PC and cannot download anything on this one but did see a few clips. I loved what I saw. It was nice reading playbiller's report. What I learned this morning is that I'm a gaymate (some blogger) and a hick and like cheese. lol. I do not have time to read much here but enjoyed what I read.

I wish the ones who hated the concert would have a concert give away or sell their tickets. I don't believe I want to hear their reports from 5 - 10 concerts. I'm not saying people can't dislike something about the concert but I think everyone knows that I'm referring to the same people who complain about most everything. One at the OFC repeatedly makes threats to leave but it is just empty promises. I wish she would make my day by following through!

Anyway, I loved the classics even LAV. It was hilarious. Because of You was stellar. I haven't heard LAA or some of the other songs yet but am looking forward to them. Now I have to get back to work or make up the time this weekend.

I should be working but can't seem to stay away from the boards this morning. I have a virus on my regular PC and cannot download anything on this one but did see a few clips. I loved what I saw. It was nice reading playbiller's report. What I learned this morning is that I'm a gaymate (some blogger) and a hick and like cheese. lol. I do not have time to read much here but enjoyed what I read.

I wish the ones who hated the concert would have a concert give away or sell their tickets. I don't believe I want to hear their reports from 5 - 10 concerts. I'm not saying people can't dislike something about the concert but I think everyone knows that I'm referring to the same people who complain about most everything. One at the OFC repeatedly makes threats to leave but it is just empty promises. I wish she would make my day by following through!

Anyway, I loved the classics even LAV. It was hilarious. Because of You was stellar. I haven't heard LAA or some of the other songs yet but am looking forward to them. Now I have to get back to work or make up the time this weekend.

He's covering Kelly now? :cryingwlaughter: Hee. I'm taking it you mean Because You Loved Me.

toni7babe posted some beautiful pics here on the Clayboard

I wish I could laugh at 'the usual suspects'. They really are predictable at this point. I only wish there weren't so many people in the fandom who are actually affected by what they say. (I don't mean affected in the way that I am, in that I want to choke the living shit out of them, I mean actually have their perceptions of Clay changed by them). Oh well - one day I'll learn that the only behaviour I can change is mine, and just step away.

Edited by cindilu2

Mornin! So last night after spending mucho buckos on a 'special' Hyatt Cosmo that lasted all of two minutes (it really wasn't very big---honest! :whistling-1: ), I asked the waitress if there was something within walking distance where we could buy a bottle of wine or beer. She told me. Heidi Ho, CG and I took off to walk it. (The waitress actually told me to take a taxi---don't walk alone. I told her I wouldn't be alone and then she gave me permission--said we could beat 'em up. HUH?)

..anyhoo, we walked and walked and walked through some of the most desolate downtown streets I've ever encountered. It was just after 10 pm. Ended up giving up and walking back without our treasure. When we got back, I asked a valet guy about this so-called gas station a 'few blocks' away that sold wine. He said, "Aw, no, man! That's at least a half mile away. You don't wanna walk THAT!"

Prolly a good thing. CG and I said g'night to the folks at the bar and turned in instead. First we watched some downloads from the Frisco concert, though. And I'm not going to comment on what I heard. I was THERE.

Ok. I'm all excited about tonight! Gonna pretend that tonight is the first concert of the tour! :TourExcite: :DoClay: Can't wait to hear more songs and another version of the ones he'll repeat. Can't wait to see the man on stage again and hear him talking to us. :Tour3: Can't wait to see him prowlin' the stage like a gangsta', grabbing his crotch and rappin'. :hubbahubba: Can't wait to hear him show us how "Sexy Back" SHOULD have been sung! :Thud:

Personally, I hope he does shorten the TV medley if he's going to keep it in the show and I hope he leaves out LAV, but whatever. I'm still not gonna kick him out of my bed if they're still in there. :medium-smiley-070:

I wish I could laugh at 'the usual suspects'. They really are predictable at this point. I only wish there weren't so many people in the fandom who are actually affected by what they say. (I don't mean affected in the way that I am, in that I want to choke the living shit out of them, I mean actually have their perceptions of Clay changed by them). Oh well - one day I'll learn that the only behaviour I can change is mine, and just step away.

Hee, tell us how you really feel! ;) My favourite is throw them under the bus. :cryingwlaughter: Seriously, some days are challenging in this fandom. I counter it as best I can by watching clack and hoping that Clay takes it all with a huge grain of salt. Try 'Because You Loved Me' if you break down from your unspoilered-by-video thang. *g* Or, how about GBTUSA? He won't be singing that again, so you are safe there. He's so cute in the cowboy hat!

Anyone in the hyatt going for lunch? Call me - 601

EEEEEEe tonight, tonight.

I walked around the lobby last night and thought this is one strange place. I did get my Houston Chronicle though!!

Oh, more

Just put a toe in his mouth this time, heh.

A message to the ladies from Clay Aiken: He's glad you've stopped pelting him with your undies.

"They've calmed down on those," Aiken said in a phone interview from his North Carolina home. "I think they threw so many the first time, they ran out. During the 'Idol' tour when we came through Oklahoma City, they were throwing undies all the time."

I have not run out of underwear! Does he think we all go around commando?

But I enjoyed this

"People assume that since I haven't been on every TV show in the last month that I'm obviously washed up and I'm finished or I'm retired," he said. "I think it's just the general expectations game in that you can never take a break in this industry."
Edited by playbiller

But I enjoyed this
"People assume that since I haven't been on every TV show in the last month that I'm obviously washed up and I'm finished or I'm retired," he said. "I think it's just the general expectations game in that you can never take a break in this industry."

Hee. I'd like to remind some posters who think Clay should always be in the public eye that the only singer I know who does that is Britney, and it ain't about her music...

:TourExcite: :Tour3: :DoClay: Throw a few EEEEEEEE's at Clay for me, would ja ma Houston peeps?

I've had a weird morning, and I'm still catching up on stuff from last night.

From claydoll at CV:

IDOL, The Musical

My review:

I Loved it

I thought it was extremely funny, witty and very entertaining. I would highly recommend that all of the fandom see this play. I'm extremely tired right now because I just got home. Maybe I'll go into more details about the play tomorrow. I will sign off by saying that Clay and his fans were not depicted in a negative way. I think the writer of this play is very creative, intelligent and gutsy. He has a genuine sense of what Clay's fans are like. He really characterized the extreme love and devotion we Clay fans have for Clay. Bravo to you Todd Ellis, Bill Boland and Jon Balcourt.

Does it launch a particular media player?

ETA recap of podcast from YouStopRightNow at CH:

Recap/half-ass transcript of podcast:

Clay thinks "we" sent the nuts to Jericho/CBS.

Windtalker won the contest - [Congrats, nice picture!] They sent tickets to Make A Wish in her name. :)

They are discussing his charity work and how it intersects with his "stardom".

He's discussing the BAF and what they do. He says kids with disabilities as fast as always.

Olivia is asking about the quickness of how he became famous and how fame has affected him. If you live in Raleigh your whole life you have a skewed idea of what Fame is... you think of the great starlets and it was all glamour and parties and limosines... and it's absolutely not. Right now I'm standing in...a friend of mine's townhouse in LA in my pajamas walking around in circles talking to you... I might stay in my pajamas all day. LOL.

You don't expect it to be as hard work... and this isn't a complaint, it's an observation.... when you're done with work you go home and get to be "off"... I didn't realize that I didn't get to be "off"... I never get a day off. And as much as I don't condone all the actions of some of my peers or celebrate their antics, there is a little part of me that can sympathize with them about the paparazzi or can't go to the store... or photographed with their underwear or lack thereof....lol.

I don't live in a place where I have to worry about paparazzi. I don't have problems with paparazzi... but one of the things I like is when a parent comes up to me at an airport and says thanks for doing stuff that my kid can listen to.. .it's my favorite compliment.

I'm normal, I get mad, cranky, tell an inappropriate joke once in awhile... but when I'm in an airport, I have to be aware that kids could be watching or whatever... I'm never not "Clay Aiken".

Music: The last album was mandated, it became an album of love songs... we're doing symphonies... I love it... they make it so much more spectacular... I'm not really an artist. I'm giving you a scooop. How do you do a symphony show of love songs and have something about the show that's exciting. Uptempo. I've been banging my head and I couldn't think of upbeat songs to do... Invisible just doesn't work. I know.. why don't we just embrace the fact that some of these song will NEVER work with an orchestra, so we'll do those. Most will be great beautiful classic love songs, but a tiny part of the show that will be my favorite, could be success, could be failure... Songs like BGB, ABH, that type of stuff... not very long medley. I heard the orchestra play it the other day...it's p erhaps the most amazing thing and the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life.

So, some great stuff and some gorgeous stuff, but to keep things light we're not going to be serious the whole time. Looking forward to that. I'm hoping HSO will have fun.

Haven't been to Texas forevah. Two years ago -- threee years, right? I'm excited. And hoping they'll all come out to see. Dont' wait for me to come next time.

Thanks... bye.

I wonder....does he used the word "mandated" or is that just the poster's way of interpreting?

Edited by luckiest1

luckiest what are you clicking on. I made the mistake of clicking on a link...but the button is at the bottom of the page after the article about the winner. It launches its own player.

It was very cute...very Clay as usual and he really loves his classic medley...really not meant to be taken seriously...

No he said madated as much as he said sounds fantastic- it is FLASH PLAYER, not other stuff. I guess they don't want it downloaded by the common folk.

Let me explain again - he may say andated - he can say forced at gun point, Idon't care - what is done is done - I am going to enjoy what I have and not complain of why I have it. Clay has to fight his own business battles - it is not my job and it might actually be detrimental to him winning any of the said battles.

I am a fan, not a business manager.

Edited by playbiller

I enjoyed the interview. Nothing surprising, but it was interesting to hear that he knew a concert of ballads alone may not be that interesting. He thought that hearing the orchestra play songs that don't typically work with an orchestra was the funniest thing.

Having a few back issues myself this week. I think my back has "spronged" (rhymes with "wronged" ) from all the stress of the past several weeks. :drugsneeded:

Quick update: the girls wrote Sunday that all was fine, and Monday, if all went according to plan, they were transported (prob by bus) to the mountains to begin their volunteer work. They'll be cut off from a computer or telephone for the duration. There is a computer in a town that is a half-hour bus ride away, but I dont' expect them to do that more that once or twice while they are in the mountains. I just have to pray and assume "no news is good news!" tornado.gif

:Tour3: birdsjitterbug.giftheater.gif

Are the two songs right before LAA in the spoiler list for tonight new songs? I've never heard of them. Could one of them be Angie's solo?

Edited by cha cha trusty

No he said madated as much as he said sounds fantastic- it is FLASH PLAYER, not other stuff. I guess they don't want it downloaded by the common folk.

Let me explain again - he may say andated - he can say forced at gun point, Idon't care - what is done is done - I am going to enjoy what I have and not complain of why I have it. Clay has to fight his own business battles - it is not my job and it might actually be detrimental to him winning any of the said battles.

I am a fan, not a business manager.

playbiller, I guess I musn't have the most recent version of Flash installed here at work, and that is why it won't launch. I'll listen when I get home. Thanks.

Hee, I don't care if he used mandate, I was just curious. :pod: Ummm, we can still use that, right? :cryingwlaughter:

Are the two songs right before LAA in the spoiler list for tonight new songs? I've never heard of them. Could one of them be Angie's solo?

Come on over to the Houston thread, where we are discussing them! Wheeeeee!

Edited by luckiest1

I have heard many reasons why he chose to do what he's done...sometimes it's the simplest thing... they sound funny with a symphony. heee. I think he was worried a bit too much about throwing a boring show... But I'm glad he's having fun.

He said "label-mandated". It's not the "poster's" way of interpreting. I typed out exactly what he said though I missed a few words because he talks fast.

ETA:

Are you calling me a pod person?

Edited by YSRN

OMG, YSRN, no! I appreciate you transcribing the interview as accurately as possible. I was just joking around. Sorry. I'm just giddy with excitement over tonight's concert, and the whole "mandated" thing (the way the word is over-used in general) has become one big joke to me. I sometimes wonder what Clay thinks of it all.

Edited by luckiest1

Some more details from claydoll at CV:

Some of you wanted to know a little more about IDOL, The Musical

The first quarter of the play was slow and boring for me. After that it was thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable. There was a tremendous amount of snark and the teenage characters were not like the "masses of society" (which I liked). They expressed their thoughts and feelings easily and were searching for their own identity. They loved, idolized and worshipped Clay, and some of them had dreams and fantasies about him . They spoke about him like we do on the boards to some degree , made fun of the 3 stooges and thudded over Clay. Does that sound familiar?

The play was also a very touching, poignant story about the plight of teenagers growing up, their struggles, dreams, raging hormones, disappointments, self-realization and finally acceptance.

One of the parts that I thought was extremely funny was when two of the boys started singing and dancing. All of a sudden, unexpectedly, they pull each others pants off. They then continued to dance in their boxer shorts, with a lot of bumping, grinding and pole dancing. Some people might think they were exhibiting too much sex in the dance sequences. I did not and thought it was extremely funny. I know that everyone has different taste and values. Some might not like some of the sexual innuendos. I personally, feel this is very normal in the teenage years but different strokes for different folks. My husband did not think this play was appropriate for children. I think this depends on how your children were brought up.

Well again the fact that Clay had to do the covers album is not the issue or a big secret. It's how people chose to deal with that that I had to escape. When I hear Clay talk about everything, god he sounds so mature and sane. I'm happy I didn't bury myself in anger, depression, bitterness and worry about how everybody was out to get him. Nothing that happened to him was any different than what happens to everybody else in that business. It happened to him. It happened to Kelly who sold 10 million last time. It may happen again on this next album. Clay will deal, learn from it, and move on. The man has seemed so happy since I've seen him last September at Kimmel, at peace. He's strong and I just really believe in him, his talent, and his intelligence.

And now look, he's on tour - will be touring again later this month and is working on a new project that he's excited about.

I think it's funny that he is letting everybody know he is well aware that what he is doing is risky but that he's doing it to have fun and liven up his show in a different way. I think it's a way of protecting himself. But risks are good, even those that aren't out and out sucesses. You learn from everything you do in life...and I know his mama told him that one LOL.

LOL Don't mess with YSRN :cryingwlaughter: and Muski is smutting...All is right with the world.

ETA: I'm so excited for the show tonight. I'm going to close my eyes and wish real hard for BW.

There is the definition of pod person up there. I just wanted to add that I heard Mandated and that the word does not make me feel Ihaveto do anything to "protect" Clay. That is my choice, others may feel differently.

I hated when they had me physically copying infomration from one stpread sheet to another when I could design a spread csheet where the data could be entered and displayed in different ways - but NooooOOOooo, my boss and the president of the company were like, no, so and so designed this and he is the best and tghis is what you are going to do - it is not like they had to spend hours each day doing theis and still getting the same amount of work done. that is what it is likein a job, and Clay has a job.

Don't you think Michaelangelo might have wanted to paint the Chapel walls instead of the ceiling?