#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

Ah, I love you guys, and I _____in' love Clay Aiken!!!! Glad everybody is so happy! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

So, not that I was looking or anything, but is that a rivet at the base of the zipper on his jeans? Or a bullseye or sumpin? If you press that button, does a prize pop out?

:funnypost:

SecretlyLovesClay's Lover All Alone? Almost too much to take. Beautiful close-ups, eyelashes a mile long, fabulous clear sound (although I thought I did detect a very quietly whispered "Jesus" midway through), and emotion that will kick you in the stomach. Clay's living that song, and it hurts my heart.

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

:wub:CLAY :wub:

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

OMG................Today is the day. I have been catching up on the reading. I am so excited to hear from muski and claygasm that they liked the concert last night. I trust their opinion because they were honest about Frisco, and don't have an agenda. They are true Clay fans giving a respectful recap of what they actually saw in person. I wasn't going to admit that I broke down and watched the clack from Frisco, and was so disappointed in it. I agree with muski and Claygasm's opinion on that show. I wanted to wait and see how Houston played. I am so glad to know that the show is fine tuning itself and I am so excited to be able to see our man tonight. I bet he will have it all together. I love this man. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I don't even know where to start. He looks awesome. Gah what a nice crotch shot to wake up to this morning. Thank you Clay and thanks to the photographer for it. I have always know Clay had talent for song writing. I love his lyrics to Lover All Alone. They are beautiful. Can't wait to hear him sing it.

Did ldyjocelyn and keepingfaith drive all the way to Tulsa last night or just part way? Can't wait to hear their recaps. I will call you girls as soon as I get there and get checked in. I plan to leave for Tulsa around 11:00AM I am bringing some vodka and tonic and mix for Mango martinis and Raspberry martinis. Anyone is welcome to stop by our room and have a drink or two, or until we run out. Hee

I won the contest? Holy cow.....Surprise me luckiest1. You can't go wrong any Clay clack. Just wanted to mention that my list of songs I gave is not all inclusive of what I wanted to hear him sing, but rather the songs I thought he would feel went with an orchestra better. I was desperately wanting to hear Broken Wings and IYDKMBN. However, I guess I will live.

I so agree with all that couchie, Jenna, Ansamcw and others have said. That is why I came here. To get away from the poddies. It isn't about whether or not Clive mandated covers. It was all the OTT theories that drove all the fans away from Clay's OFC, and elsewhere, and drove us all nuts for a year. So when Clay keeps stating he was mandated a covers album, it ticked me off. I know he reads the boards and knows his fans are tired of hearing about the Clive crap. I don't like, or understand, why he continues to give them a platform to keep carrying their angst all over the fandom. It permeates every board. Every time he uses the word Mandate, they gloat and glee and fans will never go back to his OFC as long as they are there spouting their shi*. That was why I needed to vent. Thanks for allowing me to do so. You all know I love Clay Aiken and support him and understand the whys and hows of things. Even if I may not agree with everything Clay does. I understand where he is coming from and I think I have a grasp on who he is as a person. I'm still here. :allgood:

But nothing is going to bring me down today............ :TourExcite: :TourExcite: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Will give a recap when I get back home tomorrow afternoon. More than likely. Now I need to finish getting ready to go. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm so glad I'm an easy fan. It might not make for the most scintillating conversation from me - but I'll just have to live with that. He simply can't disappoint me. Not as long as he's still working at a career in entertainment. Not as long as he keeps touring. Not as long as he keeps stretching out his creative wings. And dear god, not as long as he keeps singing. I understand that everybody enjoys things in their own ways - whether it be by analyzing every note he sings, or by delving into the why's and how's of his career choices. But me? I just want to hear ( thank you babyjesus for the Clack gatherers) and see him sing. And dance. And show me his quick wit. And his huge heart. It's enough for me. I'm easy.

cindilu2 Word to your post above.

What is this about poddies? I have to agree on one thing. I am reading the other boards much less these days because of other posters. I can't stand the constant innuendo, negativity, or superior music knowledge attitudes from a few on the fan boards. Those are my 3 groupings. I have tried to convince myself to let go completely but know that I probably won't because I'm a fan for life. Don't get me wrong, most posters are wonderful. But those 3 groups are the ones who get to me more each day. The thorn is there moreso because we can't have open conversations about it at the time people post. I even resigned from one of our popular fan boards mostly because one negative poster has not been dealt with there.

I can't download right now so haven't seen much clack. But I loved what I saw, even Frisco. And I love uninhibited Clay the bestest. And LAA on You Tube just WOW. I can't wait to see more of the show.

I'll just DITTO the last two posts by Cindilu2 and Ivy! Hope everyone has a great day. We get to hear Clay sing again tonight (that is, I hope we at CV do, LOL!) and be his natural, entertaining self. :wub:

Thnx again for leading me here, Cindy! (HA -- I've only said that at least 100 times!) :allgood:

Caro listen.gif

Edited by Carolina Clay

Hey, y'all. I am spent. I have been wallowing in the Houston clack. adsfljke;rijdfmcvlkjasdfo;iauer I loved his look, I loved his jeans, I loved his hair, I loved his expressions, I loved his dancing, I loved his singing, I just love him to pieces.

Spot's classics medley is to.die.for. And to think it's only going to get better night after night. Three more shows until Syracuse. By then it should be sick, as my son would say. Heh, for us old fogies, that means f*cking awesome. Not that it isn't f*cking awesome already.

I'm gonna try to tear myself away from the computer for a few hours today to do some housework. How many hours till Tulsa? Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :DoClay:

Spot's and SLC's LAA videos are both wonderful (and thank you!!!) but I think xxx4clay's is fabulous too. It's got a little different angle (more from the right side) and is clear as a bell. Awesome!

Oh I'm very easy when it comes to Clay but I do think he appreciates honest feed back. Every tour he has adjusted and made changes. That's a good thing. And he wouldn't change anythng he didn't want to... e.g. You Were There. Nothing more controversial than that.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this is fun. I'm so enjoying working on the concert pages...I'll be watching every scrap of clack that comes in..... KAndre...was mimefan there? I heard you mention her in the lost cellcert! Prays to Jesus, buddah and whoever else will get me that audio. heee.

Concergoers..who is that singing I want to know what love is with Clay..QUiana or Angie

So now I'm all alone here, wondering, thinking (dangerous I know)

Why did he begin LAA facing eehm...full frontal....then turn to profile so intently?

Perhaps some who was actually there at the concert can comment on this.

It seemed to me that he was refocusing. Maybe trying to control himself, either his nerves or emotionally, and facing the audience and seeing people's reactions in the front, possible tears, was a bit much for him?

I hope I'm not over analyzing this. Don't get mad at me. I'm just really curious about that sudden shift.

I was there, sandwiched between claygasm (hug) and ldyjocelyn (hug) - I don't know if anyone responded to this yet, but there was a bit of face twitching which made me think he was a bit nervous about that song. I agree with your speculation on it - I think he turned a bit so that he wasn't fully facing the audience. Whether that was because he was refocusing, or if it was a self-protective move is very open to interpretation. That song is so personal, and he was so emotionally involved in it (as evidenced by all the sniffling going on around me (spot, artquest, claygasm, ldyjocelyn, muski - I didn't cry because the lust blocked it out), makes me lean toward the latter. I don't know if you can cause that effect in an audience without emotionally connecting to the song yourself, so I think it got a little intense for him.

I lurve him. Great concert. <g>

Mornin'! CG and I are packing to find a way to the airport. She'll be heading northeast and I'll be going southeast, CG to some time off and me to work my week-long conference. I'll be clack dependent until August...sigh.

Anyhoo...I'm putting an all call out for a pair of binoculars that went missing. I had them at the pre-party and discovered them gone when we were entering the venue. I called the restaurant this morning but she said no one had turned anything in...so if any of you out there happened to see a pair of lonely binoculars and you picked them up for safe keeping, please let me know!

I'm trying to download a bunch of clack from last night before we leave the hotel because I'll have a long wait at the airport. But I'm greedy and want to download the LARGE wmv files instead of the small (I mean really! Isn't that usually preferable? :medium-smiley-070: )...and it's taking forever. Might be forced to settle for small for now. :whistling-1:

I'm still basking in the afterglow...and there are some essay-type thoughts percolating in my brain. Maybe I'll spend some time click clacking on the keyboard at the airport instead of watching Clack.

Oh, I wanted to address the question about Clay turning to more of a profile position during LAA. Of course, he didn't explain this to me personally but my thought was (and still is) that he did that to draw attention to the cello player there. And it worked. You could really hear the cello and it was so very beautiful. I had been totally mesmerized by Clay's face and voice but just that slight turn caused me to follow his gaze and focus on that cello and then I could hear it and how it totally complemented his voice. It was magical.

And CG and I watched both spot's and SLC's LAA before going off to sweet dreams. Spot's is the view we had (She was in the row right behind us.) and SLC's is what I saw through binoculars or on the jumbotrons. Both views were breathtaking in their own way. I'll never forget that performance.

Later! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ooops. HeidiHo just called to say goodbye and she said she posted! :Tour3: And gave her opinion of why Clay turned. Oh well, both CG and I thought it was for the cello. Whatever....he was wonderful and beautiful and oh-so-ON!

So now I'm all alone here, wondering, thinking (dangerous I know)

Why did he begin LAA facing eehm...full frontal....then turn to profile so intently?

Perhaps some who was actually there at the concert can comment on this.

It seemed to me that he was refocusing. Maybe trying to control himself, either his nerves or emotionally, and facing the audience and seeing people's reactions in the front, possible tears, was a bit much for him?

I hope I'm not over analyzing this. Don't get mad at me. I'm just really curious about that sudden shift.

I was there, sandwiched between claygasm (hug) and ldyjocelyn (hug) - I don't know if anyone responded to this yet, but there was a bit of face twitching which made me think he was a bit nervous about that song. I agree with your speculation on it - I think he turned a bit so that he wasn't fully facing the audience. Whether that was because he was refocusing, or if it was a self-protective move is very open to interpretation. That song is so personal, and he was so emotionally involved in it (as evidenced by all the sniffling going on around me (spot, artquest, claygasm, ldyjocelyn, muski - I didn't cry because the lust blocked it out), makes me lean toward the latter. I don't know if you can cause that effect in an audience without emotionally connecting to the song yourself, so I think it got a little intense for him.

I lurve him. Great concert. <g>

Well, you're just wrong!!!

He would never lose his composure!!

He would never have to refocus!!

He is PERFECT, mind you! PERFECT!!!

**The above was brought to you by SnarkRUs and means absolutely nothing**

Hee. Seriously, I had the same reaction as muski, but since I am not inside his beautiful head, who knows. All I know is it was BEAUTIFUL.

Now, before she gets away, I just want to give HeidiHo a big squishy hug!!! It was so wonderful to meet you and laugh with you and search for booze with you :bier: , etc. Hope our paths cross again soon! Don't be a stranger. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I am sitting here waiting for muski to try and repack her suitcases before we head out. I'll have sweet memories to carry me home. I might make it back for the cellcert of Tulsa - if I'm lucky, but if not, I guess I'll have clack to get me through until I see him again in 10 days in Philly!

Can.Not.Wait!!!

So, until I get home to Waldo (heh..) and my own little Mac, I bid you all farewell. I can't wait to start downloading and saving pics!!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

So, not that I was looking or anything, but is that a rivet at the base of the zipper on his jeans? Or a bullseye or sumpin? If you press that button, does a prize pop out?

:lol:

HAVE FUN CLAYZOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happydance.gif

Holy Crap! I don't care if this hitchhiker turns out to be a serial killer or what, I'm stoppin' and pickin' him up.

HoustonDCAT6.jpg

After all, who could resist this face?

HoustonDCAT3.jpg

Aw, dude, I'm not gonna hit ya!! I might lick ya a little, though.

HoustonDCAT5.jpg

Ah, I love you guys, and I _____in' love Clay Aiken!!!! Glad everybody is so happy! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Bwah....I LIKE surprises!! :)

Thanx to Heidi, muski and CG for their feedback on the LAA video. Maybe it was for the cello, maybe. But I know I saw raw emotion in the end and it made it all that more special for me.

It's all good ;)

I also liked the changes in the "classics" medley It seemed tighter and funnier. ("well, my bowels were anyway"....Bwaahhh) Prince - on his knees :cryingwlaughter: Holy shit my side hurts!

There is no way this is anything but a collasel success!! imo

But I still would love to see him continue to sing LAV himself. Clay "camp" at it's best. Unfortunately it sounded like a lot of people were uncomfortable with it. Not Clay, or he wouldn't have done it in the first place. Cripes peopel :wordpooper:

Whatever.....

Movin' on. I can't get over how strong and beautiful his voice is sounding. I guess it's because we haven't heard much from him, singing wise, in so long. Aside from the crumbs we got from the Gala, this is the first real singing clack we've had in 6 months. So like kitty litter, I'm a soaken it up ba-by! :Tour3:

Oh yah. And thanx to all who have provided the lovelies for our lusting eyes :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Have fun in Tulsa, peeps!

Edited by treenuts

OK not quite sure if I'm doing this right...vote for the next thread title..will probably keep it up through tomororw evening ...give the travelers time to vote. You should see this when you click on this thread.

Woo Hoo! My choice has 100% of the votes cast. 'Course I'm the only one online right now and nobody else has voted yet, but still...

Here I come again ....some whistleing emoticon here

Back home, still missing my dog - dog sitter got sick, can't reach her.

Thank you for your very nice seat couchie - and I am not talking about the one you sit on.

I had a fantabulous time in Tay-x-as, met a lot of fun people, probably more people tahn I ever expected, even a lurking CB person who snuck down to our party, had a great discussion with her reluctant daughter.

OK - the binoculars. I cannot believe I did not ask Muski or CLaygasm about the binoculars - I swear, when I found them I thought I asked every one. Well, they are not home with me, they are on thier way to Tulsa with Merrieeee, we thought the person might be continuing on, but before the show, during the intermission, after hte show I kept asking if anyone lost a pair of binoculars - to the point where I had asked some people 10 times already. Maybe I didn't think to ask you guys was because it was not under your table, but another one all together. I am a bit obsessive abut checking rooms after everyone left, I checked the hotel a dozen times before I left to make sure I had everything. Contact Merrieee and she will send them to you.

So has anyone been talking about when Clay picked on Scarlett again becazuse that was the funniest thing ever, especially when she changed seats to escape and then that security guy coming down the fron t row to get Tony7 I think she must have swallowed the camera with the canary from the look on her face when he got past me. heh, for Clay for ratting them all out. You can tell he downloads and reviews it all from that conversation.

Some of the things I noticed was the fact that the balcony and second tier gave standing ovations. You usually don't see that - and that is after he threatened to squish them like bugs with the lowering ceiling. Although everyone in the front row was an older woman, the second and third and fourth and fifth had a smattering of young girls (PTY) and men - all of who looked likethey were having a blast. Toward further back, you would see a lot more young girls, I saw one cryiong after the show she just loved it so and now it was over. I think that one of the advantages of the the older women is the time and money to follow Clay, the young ones are left behid a lot on their allowances. Don't let anyone fool you, the theater was almost sold out. There were a few rows on the balcony and top tier, but they were not large numbers of rows.

So Clayversity is not getting the CH feed if theirs sucks or goes down? I know it worked the other way before. CV people should complain about that.

I really have to find out about my dog - I will be back ot you guys later.

ETA - I have blown off steam here as well and have beel allowed to do it because other wise I might have exploded. To me it was never about Clay being forced to do an album, we all have to do what our bosses tell us, it was about the people who would not buy the album to "show Clive" and associated idiocies.

Plus I do not think that if a board (a selected board) has a no bashing of anyone policy, that they should be able to wish tortured death to Davis and/or Roger - excuses me is that not a violation of the TOU? funny the mods would never answer that one in PM and edited me if I posted it.

Hee, playbiller, so so true about policies on other boards and about the CV cellstream as well.

Thanks for the recap and details that I didn't know about - ceiling coming down to squish them like bugs? LOL What was that all about? I watched some of the camera banter before MOAM but I haven't seen the part where he targets Scarlett yet - that will be hilarious. So did she manage to get away with all her clack? Was anyone busted as in they had their clack taken away? Clay ratted them out and helped protect them? What a guy. :cryingwlaughter:

I can't believe we get to do it all again in a little over 4 hours. I'm headed out to listen with cindlilu2 tonight - it's been great listening to the last two with my daughter, but unfortunately she has to work tonight.

Everyone headed for (or already in) Tulsa - enjoy! Have the time of your lives! This board will be hopping when all our concert ho's return from their travels with stories to tell and maybe even clack to share. Wheeeeee!

BTW what is up with the 3,000 limited edition posters only? They are actually numbered? Is someone grabbing extras for those of us whose concerts are towards the end of the tour? Hopefully they'll still have some left in Syracuse, in which case I would be happy to grab extras for anyone who is interested.

Edited by luckiest1

playbiller, I'm glad you made it home safely.

==================================================================

So, we have Clack of all these beautiful songs, and what's my earworm as I'm mowing my lawn this afternoon?

Don't tell my heart, my achey breaky heart...

Son of ____________!!!

HoustonDCAT10.jpg

:hubbahubba:

HoustonDCAT15.jpg

Thank you for your very nice seat couchie - and I am not talking about the one you sit on.

Happy to oblige!

I called Muski and told her that her binocs were in Oklahoma! heee.

Hey I love a good rant. And I'm not about to go around editing grown women. Better to release the pressure now and then....

Back to the clack...heee

Us.. fans mess up Clay's mind and fill up his senses...he shatters mine..

LAA broke me.....

Love all recaps...thanks y'all for sharing your experiences... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

YAY..she's alive!!

If CV was having a bad cellcert I would think it's up to them to alert the CH and ask for help. Eva didn't even know about it until I told her that CV had had a crappy cellcert and many people were looking forward to downloading CH cellcert... to which she replied __________________ since she had just lost the CH version through a technical glitch.

The Tulsa thread is set up for the night. I probably won't be home until around 6 PM pacific..so hope I don't miss too much. Ansa's out too. LdyJ and KAndre are in OK. Bottle, you're in charge heh. Ya'll can tease us about too many mods all day but there ya go. heee.

Solo, I see you down there. I think I heard your laugh during the cellcert last night heee. Where were you sitting.

Ahem....anybody interested in pulling together all the lyrics of the new stuff for Clay's songbook at FCA... so for that tour it would just be tv themes, the songs from the top 40 medley and anything else he hasn't sung before. We have all ATDW, MoaM etc.

Ummmmmmmm, Uh... I was sitting next to the cellcerter.

Oh, I WANT MY DOGGY - I can't find this woman. I am going to stake out her house now. maybe she gave a key to a neighbor.

Edited by playbiller