#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

The more I think about what I saw the more I loved it. I loved watching the entrance. I doubt bad camera man caught it, but there was a casaul, ho hum, just another day, light hearted stroll out into the stage - I just loved it so much. It ws like he was not gone for very long nd this was just another day, but the screaming and love thrown out to him proved it was just a lie, heh. To see him turn forward (I saw him from when he left his tent) and turn toward us and bust into that glorius smile. probably the simplest and best opening ever.

Tomorrow is another day

Thank you Play, for that visual! I can't wait to see his entrance live :Thud:

(or should I say thank you, Scarlet? ;) )

Doesn't look like anything is going to change from the Frisco concert. According to that Tulsa article. He is still planning to do both medley sets. Of course I don't know when that interview took place.

I seriously doubt he will eliminate any of the medleys from the show at this point. He will certainly tweak parts, not that I know for certain anything... hehe.

Yet if he were to make some "chunky" changes in the show it would most likely be after these first three performances. Given he will have more time until the next launch of the tour to re-work any major changes. But probably not gonna happen.

Karen Eh, thanks for my new desktop background! :)

Mandated, schmandated! I loved that CD Clay so don't go apologizing for it anymore. Ya hear?!!

And don't throw any left overs from the House of Pies at me please ladies, but I also loved LAV writhing and all so don't go cuttin' that out of the show Clay. K!!!!!

(dodging pies)

Oh here's my good news of the day..Got my and Ansa's San Diego Tickets...Thanks JOJOCT...and the seats are great!! whoo hooo. It's really happening.

ETA: re-reading YSRN's "half assed" transcript I just have to say.... he's such a role model. That is so important to him. I'm glad he sticks to that stance even if it does cause him grief. Nothing we like better than calling somebody a hypocrite and I I do think half the tabloid stuff is about that. But he continues not to be afraid to state that position.

Hee! Last night at the bar I met some 'new' people whose board names I recognized. One of them, Whatever from CH, said something like, "OMG, YOU'RE Muskifest! Omg!" And she hurried around the table to get closer. :lmaosmiley-1: She took my hand and just said over and over effusively nice things about my writing, etc., and how she loved them....I thanked her and all that. I was sitting there just listening to the conversation at the table but was aware that she was still standing there and I could FEEL her looking at me. Then she said, "Look. She looks just like a NORMAL person...but...who'd ever know that underneath is all that seething passion and..."

:huh:

CMSU, I tell ya! :lmaosmiley-1: :cryingwlaughter:

CG and I just got back from a foray onto the downtown streets of Houston in the daytime. Walked around looking for a place to buy wine. (what) I needed some face moisturizer and a pair of sunglasses, two things I left at home. And we wanted some wine, too. Did I tell you that? Anyhoo...walked and walked, found a Starbucks, finally found a bottle of wine in a $1.19 store; however, the wine costs $11.99; only the corkscrew was $1.19. Yeay! Our treasure hunt was successful.

Now to figure out which way was the way back to the Hyatt. Stopped in a corner coffee shop and asked directions. The woman behind the counter said, "Oh, do you want to take the tunnels? It's starting to rain." Indeed, the sky was ominously dark and thunder had clapped already. So we took the Houston Tunnels. Interesting. Every now and then we'd stop to check the maps on the wall to follow our progress (or regress, as it were)...cool...Finally arrived at an escalator that took us right to the Hyatt lobby! :clap: We were very proud of ourselves.

So we went straight to ldyjoclyn and HeidiHo's room and chatted a bit and made plans to walk together to the pah-tee at the restaurant that's near Jones Hall. AND it turns out we can get there through the tunnels, too! So if it rains, which it will since it already is now and the skies are cloudy all day...we can preserve our hairdos and party threads from inclement weather! :TourExcite: However, word is that we'll need to walk above ground or take a taxi home since the tunnels will be closed when the concert is over.

But when I got to the top of the escalator and emerged in the Hyatt lobby, I felt like Alice popping out of the Rabbit Hole! :RedGuy: CG's taking a shower now and then me. (note to self: shave legs)...maybe a glass of wine as a primer before meeting up with our cohorts in crime for Houston---ldyjocelyn and Heidi Ho--then it's back into the Rabbit Hole!

Love the transcript of that interview, YSRN! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh, and.... :DoClay:

ETA: re-reading YSRN's "half assed" transcript I just have to say.... he's such a role model. That is so important to him. I'm glad he sticks to that stance even if it does cause him grief. Nothing we like better than calling somebody a hypocrite and I I do think half the tabloid stuff is about that. But he continues not to be afraid to state that position.

I'm glad someone else brought this up since I was sorely tempted but told myself not to.

And now here I am responding as if I were without any self restraint of any kind. But how many times must this man state what he's about and how he considers how he handles himself with all that he keeps in mind of his image? And how often has he stated (perhaps not in this particular interview) how he just hopes to make us proud? So why is it people are so quick to believe the CRAP that the tabloids or blogs print/report?

So many questions....so little time.....so much love!

I'm done now. :RedGuy:

Well I certainly don't think his fans are quick to believe anything in the taboloids or the bloggers. I think a lot of things that are said on fan sites are done to push the buttons of other fans. I think his actual official fan club has trolls. People actually pay for the privilege of being a troll. How sweet.But it puts money in his pocket.

I think whether ordinary people do have nothing to do with Clay but it's just a symptom of society. I can't throw stones cuz I know I've caught myself just believing certain things about other celebrities and now I realize I don't know if they are true at all. For the most part, it's petty crap that doesn't matter anyway.

I do think we give tabloids too much attention but it's more about protecting Clay and in the long run it hurts him more. Sorry for posthoing.

Couchie I don't think Clay wanting to be a role model causes him grief, so much. I do think it contributes to keeping him off of Top 40 Radio, though. I also think it limits his choices in songs, and will hinder his ability to appeal to the male demographic and his peers. Those things in and of themselves probably help contribute to him not being asked to endorse products to that young target market they use. That is his decision and his career choice. More power to him I say. I want him to be happy and have his career his way.

I would just like to make the point, though, that it isn't Clive Davis making him take this public stance. I don't think there is a fan left in the whole of Claynation that doesn't already know that Clive "MANDATED" a cover cd. Thanks Clay for giving the poddies another opportunity to carry on about your miserable ATDW. What is he thinking? What I wish he would do is explain further why Clive had to come to the decision to "MANDATE" covers in the 1st place. Perhaps it is a result of some of Clay's own career choices. I know he has already elaborated on this before but it fell on deaf ears. So instead of repeating the "MANDATE" word, wouldn't it be wonderful if he would repeat how the covers came to be, in the 1st place?

You know I get a little upset with Clay when he downplays his own talent, of which he knows perfectly well he has in spades, and then feels like he has to apologize for ATDW and let his fans blame RCA and Clive and not take some of the responsibility for it himself. How can he command respect for himself and his music if he doesn't stand up for it? I just don't understand why Clay can't just go out there do a tour and sing songs to support the cds he has out. Sing the best he can and be proud. Talk it up. Sell himself and his cds. I didn't like that interview much. I apologize if am bringing the mood down, but damn it all. Why should anyone get excited about his "Evening With Clay Aiken" symphony tour, if Clay says it is boring and he had to come up with ways to try and sell it? There was nothing wrong with the original tour concept in the first place.

Haters.....That is another word that I would like to see disappear from the fandom. Who gives a rats ass about a bunch of losers who sit around and antagonize each other at Clay's expense. They should grow up and get a life. The mother hen protector's do far more damage by engaging these "Hater's" than the the haters do IMHO.

Blame it on Clay. It was the use of that freaking Mandate word that set me off. Sorry.........*g* I feel better now.

Tulsa tomorrow. Tomorrow Tomorrow, :TourExcite:

OMG, YSRN, no! I appreciate you transcribing the interview as accurately as possible. I was just joking around. Sorry. I'm just giddy with excitement over tonight's concert, and the whole "mandated" thing (the way the word is over-used in general) has become one big joke to me. I sometimes wonder what Clay thinks of it all.

Ok. Thanks.

I admit I'm feeling a little sensitive. Heh, while the bitching never really gets to me, sometimes the bitching about the bitching does. I never know exactly if fingers are being pointed in my direction. Sorry.

Well again the fact that Clay had to do the covers album is not the issue or a big secret. It's how people chose to deal with that that I had to escape. When I hear Clay talk about everything, god he sounds so mature and sane. I'm happy I didn't bury myself in anger, depression, bitterness and worry about how everybody was out to get him. Nothing that happened to him was any different than what happens to everybody else in that business. It happened to him. It happened to Kelly who sold 10 million last time. It may happen again on this next album. Clay will deal, learn from it, and move on. The man has seemed so happy since I've seen him last September at Kimmel, at peace. He's strong and I just really believe in him, his talent, and his intelligence.

Yep. Some people think it was about whether we believe he chose to do that album... It's not. We all knew he didn't pick it, and he might have been disappointed in that at first (or even now), but he's MOVING FORWARD, not stuck in some bitter muck. It's about making the best of it and not living for revenge or stewing in anger. And I don't want to stew either. I might not like this or that, but I can say so and then get over it. And once I speak it and let it go, maybe even enjoy it. (like LAV... heh!).

LOL Don't mess with YSRN :cryingwlaughter: and Muski is smutting...All is right with the world.

I have a rep to maintain, after all. :lol:

Hee, clayzor! Yeah, I agree on the downplaying of the talent, which is really the crux of my not really feeling the medley thing. I get now what it was all about - just a fun thang, but at first I was thinking, would you please stop making fun of yourself. Oy.

Wheeeeee! only 3 and a bit more hours to Houston! And safe travels to everyone going to Tulsa! :Tour3:

Yep. Some people think it was about whether we believe he chose to do that album... It's not. We all knew he didn't pick it, and he might have been disappointed in that at first (or even now), but he's MOVING FORWARD, not stuck in some bitter muck. It's about making the best of it and not living for revenge or stewing in anger.

WORD. It was never about whether it was Clay or Clive's idea to do the love songs album, it was always about compromising, moving forward, making lemonade out of lemons, and the beautiful result of that wholel process which is ATDW! I am so thrilled that he's singing it and promoting it on this tour. The interviews that he's given so far haven't bothered me in the least. I know Clay is self-deprecating and will always be self-deprecating. He's never going to consider himself a serious "artist" no matter how much his fans want him to. That doesn't mean that I don't think he's capable. It just means that Clay has to do it his way. And I'm just a fan, so I don't feel like I have the right or even the need to try and tell him what I want him to do. I'm happy to follow along and cheer him on. When he's happy, I'm happy. And he just exuded joy on stage in Frisco, IMO.

Edited by luckiest1

heee Clayzor, you feel better now. Vent away.

Clive did scrap his baby and so fans are going to be on Clay's side. I'm on his side. I've certainly never thought he did anything wrong that he need to fess up about or take blame for. I think he worked very hard on an album that wasn't accepted by his label for whatever reason. We don't know that reason. We have some insight from Kelly - no hits, poor writing. Clay could be anything from not commerical (some country/folk/christian/inspirational/or too different from AI Clay) to Clive thinking it was awful.Doesn't mean it was. We have yet to hear anything but 4 songs that he was considering..don't even know if they made the final cut. I think he gave us some insight to Clive's thinking with the Rod Stewart anology but that was more of a solution to the non acceptance of the album rather than the reason for it not being accepted. Does that make sense. Anyway, I think nothing good comes out of letting everyone know the label thinks your stuff is not good, so he has taken just the write tone IMO. And like I said, he does not sound bitter. He's using humour and moving on.

I think you really should enjoy your fandom - enjoy the tours and the man and not let old fights and struggles be your focal point. I don't know why mandate gets to everyone..and maybe cuz I didn't read much away from here between September and probably April. Mandate just means the label had him do the covers. We know that. It isn't new. It's in all of his publicity from the album release. Yeah I understand that everytime someone has issue with me or FCA the first thing they say is I know you think everything is peachy keen between Clay and RCA... and it makes me laugh as I've never said that and I have a million postings online to prove that. It's part of the disconnect. But it's not important enough to rain on my parade. Enjoy today, what's right in front of you. That's been my mantra and it's way easier now that he is in my face, on the road, chatting us up.

I love his interviews, always have. I love his honesty, integrity, humor. It's really what hooked me in the first place. Those radio interviews after AI and then concert Clay. I didn't know he was this funny when he was on AI. It was all about the voice.

Yes he does downplay his talent. Not as much as he used to. I do think it's somewhat of a defense mechanism but that's just him. Becoming more sure in who he is musically is what is going to convince others, even the suits, that HE knows what's right for him. I do think he's on his way though and he'll get there. It's all about the journey.

ETA: what do you think he meant the other day when he said the producer will let him be himself...be more hip but on his terms..I can't remember the exact quote..memory is faulty. An dis there a place for Clay cool out there today... if anybody feels like doing anything other than eeeeeing.

The interview didn't give me the impression that he thought his album was boring and not worth promoting. I think he merely implied that a concert that had more than just ballads would be more fun.

We all have our different theories as to his relationship to ATDW. Some seem to think he hates it and is only performing songs from it by necessity. Personally, I think that he loves the songs on it and is proud of the product. Was it his first choice of format? No, but I don't see any evidence that he's ashamed of the album. If he was, I think he would not be singing as many songs from the album as he is. I think he'd just sing MOAM and different covers. Remember, "Touch" was on his first album and he's never sung it live, despite the pleading of fans. He can be pretty stubborn, that one.

I do think he has been a bit apologetic for the format, because he knows that some are dismissive of cover albums. I also think he's looking forward. His discussions about his new producer "making me a little more hip without trying too hard" suggest that he does want to reach another level. However, I don't believe he's as done with ATDW as some of his fans are.

I just wanted to pop in to say EEeeeeee. I have listened/watched a ton of clack and the more I watch the more I LIKE IT! Wait.......I may even, eventually LOVE IT ;)

Ok, I'm getting pumped for the rest of the tour now. I'm sure no two shows will be alike and I want to say "Bring it, Clay"!!

My personal favorite of the ATDW songs performed is "These Open Arms" because his voice is so ffffing strong on this given the venue/sound or lack there of. This is awesome!

Give it a listen.....I dare you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBkysjCbiXo&NR=1

:Tour3:

I realized I should apologize to the Houston Press podcast reporter. Her teaser article the other day set me off with its tone, but her phone interview was really pretty repectful, and it was nice that she let Clay talk so much about TBAF. Sorry podcast lady!

I realized I should apologize to the Houston Press podcast reporter. Her teaser article the other day set me off with its tone, but her phone interview was really pretty repectful, and it was nice that she let Clay talk so much about TBAF. Sorry podcast lady!

Awww thats sweet and probably a rarity in the clayfan/media relations...hee

I thought Clay gave a very clear reason why Clive pushed the cover concept...he wanted to capitalize on the success of the cover concept that people like Rod and Barry had. I am not surprised he thought it would be a good thing for Clay either...Buble is successful doing it...and I know that often Clay sings songs better than the original...and I think he simply didn't understand Clay's market...I say no need to look for dramatic motives like wanting to put Clay in his place or hating Clay...I think it was purely a business decision that was a bit misguided IMO.

Clayzor..I can understand why some fans get frustrated with Clay when he seem to undervalue his own talent. I don;t really mind it because I understand that this is simple defense mechanism for Clay. I also think he is rather proud that he can attain this level of success without compromising who he is...I don't think it is the worry about being a role model that necessarily stops Clay from going the sexy route...I just don;t think he wants to be like that. He is not comfortable with it for some reason so he won't do it.

YSRN...good point about the bitching about the bitching. I know it feels liberating to be able to rant about how bitchy and negative other people can be...but there is a point where we end up putting too much attention on it and we start to miss out on the fun. I know that some really condescending and down right nasty reviews were written in other boards...but to me this is simply a reflection on the writers own character. I just look at who wrote them and move on cos I know that there are fans that seem to live to criticize and look down on clay. So to me what they say don't matter anymore. The reviews that matter to me and make me think are those from people like Muski and CG that I know love Clay and have no pre-conceived notions and are simply expressing their honest opinions...the other OTT reviews...I just scroll away. No longer going to waste my time on them. I just hope the rest of the fandom can just brush them off and look at the concert for themselves and not let some well known negative nellies get them down.

Good Evening, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I have taken all day to read three pages because everytime I came across something kewl, I added it to my blog. Must thank Karen Eh for those handsome photos -- they are now in the slideshow. :Thud:

For once, I had written a reatively short blog (for me); but then, Luckiest1, you added the flautist's journal link --- so I included that, too. Btw, I left her a comment and told her CA fans have enjoyed her inside take on the rehearsal. I am impressed that Clay asked for a sound check for the flutes, especially since the were BEHIND the trumpets! I'm an oboist (and a flautist of sorts ... and a former Texan), so I figured we have some common ground. :lol:

Sorry I missed JaMar, and I think she's the reason I had to go back and include the Tulsa article. That was an excellent interview. Thnx, JaMar, and hello to Creole when y'all get online later! :)

Same thnx to Playbiller, who posted abut the Podcast. Added more to my blog, LOL! :eusa_whistle:

I wish I could laugh at 'the usual suspects'. They really are predictable at this point. I only wish there weren't so many people in the fandom who are actually affected by what they say. (I don't mean affected in the way that I am, in that I want to choke the living shit out of them, I mean actually have their perceptions of Clay changed by them). Oh well - one day I'll learn that the only behaviour I can change is mine, and just step away.

Well again the fact that Clay had to do the covers album is not the issue or a big secret. It's how people chose to deal with that that I had to escape. When I hear Clay talk about everything, god he sounds so mature and sane. I'm happy I didn't bury myself in anger, depression, bitterness and worry about how everybody was out to get him. Nothing that happened to him was any different than what happens to everybody else in that business. It happened to him. It happened to Kelly who sold 10 million last time. It may happen again on this next album. Clay will deal, learn from it, and move on. The man has seemed so happy since I've seen him last September at Kimmel, at peace. He's strong and I just really believe in him, his talent, and his intelligence.

And now look, he's on tour - will be touring again later this month and is working on a new project that he's excited about.

ETA: I'm so excited for the show tonight. I'm going to close my eyes and wish real hard for BW.

Both these quotes sum up why I'm glad Cindilu told me about this board. I think lots of people have run from all the moaning and groaning. I trust Clay's judgment totally; and, besides, it's his life and his career. I figure I'm along for the ride and glad for that. I don't have much to add except WORD! :clap::clap:

Maddy and her husband will be in Tulsa tomorrow night. I hope she bumps into some of you folks at the Brady.

Ansamcw, FCA really looks good. I sent the link to Sally, who has been working on her travel plans today. She will share the YouTube links with her sister, who will be attending her first CA concert at The Greek. :allgood:

Cha Cha -- good to read about your daughters. Will be thinking of them -- and you -- these next few days.

Sounds like a lot of fun in Houston. I'm headed to the thread SOON! :TourExcite:

Later,

Caro listen.gif

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Just heard from Muski... she said the eHA threw an incredible party. Many FCAers are dead center row 6! Also, Play is in ROW 1. She won the raffle. That was my ticket LOL. Scarlett and KAndre tried very hard to bribe me with that front row seat but I'm so happy Play got it! She will really be fangirly now. Muski said she will call me after the show! Kudos to KAndre, Merrieee, Scarlett and all the eHP for not running out of food or money. heh.

Hey cindi, you were quoted on Ideal Idol. Loved it. :)

MY hero!!

Quote:

I am more convinced than ever that Clay Aiken, is the bravest, most self-aware man in show business.

He totally does what he wants, how he wants to do it, and says a pointed, ___ you to all who would mock, insult and demean him.

He's really, truly my hero.

~cindilu2

:clap:

Edited by treenuts

Hee! That's just so odd, but very cool to be quoted over there. I'm LOL at the _______ though. Thanks for letting me know about that, treenuts.

What a fantastic concert. My face is sore from grinning so much, and I don't think I've ever heard him sound better (as much as you can tell from a cellcert anyway). I am in AWE of him!!!

Edited by cindilu2

What a fantastic concert. My face is sore from grinning so much, and I don't think I've ever heard him sound better (as much as you can tell from a cellcert anyway). I am in AWE of him!!!

Mine too... I need something.... :cheerleader: :nature-smiley-014: :medium-smiley-075: :music-smiley-023: :EmoticonRingAround: :rainbowsmile::manynanas: :09:

that's how happy I am right now

Whoo hooo Muski and CG...loving the show..can't wait to hear from LdyJ and Heidi and PLAY FROM ROW 1. I'm so sorry the cellcert from CH was lost as it was a CLASSIC. Go on KAndre with your bad self..You had an ass kicking day!!

Hee! That's just so odd, but very cool to be quoted over there. I'm LOL at the _______ though. Thanks for letting me know about that, treenuts.

Yah. _____you just kinda loses it's punch :cryingwlaughter:

Holy shit, he DID color his hair since Wednesday.

Don't know why I am so surprised. shrugs

But I definitly like it a little better than the severe copper red. Oh hell, I'd lurve him bald!

EEEEEEEEEe CLACK!! :Thud: