# 12 An Evening With His Royal Highness Fantasy Fodder

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ahhh, skin, tractors, fading tan and growing arm fur. All's right with the world.
    • Another talented dude who reputedly wields a big wand.
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • Does he know he's so DWEAMIE????
    • Hips, thighs. derrierre, it's all there!!!
    • If the pants get any lower he'll need a hard-on to keep them up.
    • The spirit just moved him.
    • The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it. Ah.Freaking.Mazing. The Man, the Music. All of it.

Heh, I love the theme to the great American Hero, I think it was a top 40 hit, as well. believe it or not, I'm floating on air....

Don't jump to any conclusions about the tickets not selling well. Newark is an odd site, apparently the NY contingent decided to skip it because they spent to much on tickets to Philly, but I have looked at others appearing and no one sells well, except the premiere of "Hairspray" with an appearance by Queen Latifah. everything else seems lack luster.

On 7/18 the $20 dollar tickets for the top tiers go on sale for students at the local area colleges (Rutgers, UMD, NCE, etc.). Up to the first tier, the sales are great - it is from the second tier up that the sales slack off - who wants to be that far from Clay? The biggest number of seats (600) are in the fourth tier, which is behind the third tier and not another level up - figure that one out. I think the students will fill it out nicely.

I saw a picture of the venue in NJ and threw up a little in my mouth. I have a terrible fear of heights and there's no way in hell I could even sit inside that venue without breaking a sweat....well, for reasons other than looking at Clay hoping he'd throw me a look like he did in Perma's photo...Holy Crap!

Carolina Clay... :00003653: :fest09:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROLINA CLAY!!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Newark tickets are odd when you look at them. Checking seat views from that viewfinder, there isn't that much difference between the 3rd and 4th tiers. But the 4th is almost half the price of the 3rd. As a result, the first row in the 3rd tier has empty seats, in fact the 3rd tier is pretty empty. The 4th tier has sold a few tickets already. Seems to me young people and people with families will opt for the 4th tier -- and I didn't give that one much of a chance to sell at all. Go figure.

Newark seems to have a good handle on how to manage their sales. Am sure Clay's already sold the most expensive seats and that his guarantee has been met. So, anything else is profit for the venue and they shift prices as they see fit. I'm going, but I live close by. Not many wnted to travel to Newark either. If they were going to spend travel dollars, it would probably be somewhere else. I think the Newark venue is well aware of this and will market the tickets where they have a proven sales track record. Should be interesting.

Sales pitch ahead:

TWWMAD can sure use some tickets to promote Inclusion. Anyone wanting to donate tickets or money for tickets should check out the message board here:

www.thewaywemakeadifference.org

If cash donations are being considered, please designate them for Newark. The group will be able to make those dollars go further using the discount. And just a few dollars combined with other small donations can make a difference in someone's life. :allgood:

End of sales pitch.

Leaving this morning to pick up a few people and head off to Philly. My tours are starting now YAY. Can't wait to see the hotsexysingerman in person. It's been SOOOOO LONG.

.....nope, not gonna' go there...not me...nope...not gonna take my own bait....

ONE MORE SLEEP!!!!!!!

OMG. and GAH. and :Thud:

I'm now entering the 'is it really real? am I really gonna see him again?' stage. Which will end approximately 3 seconds after he appears on stage tomorrow night. GAH!!!

Happy Birthday, CarolinaClay! I'm so glad you decided to join us here!

CaroBday.gif

lickiest1 wrote:

And I think that this is the crux of the matter - and always will be for Clay fans. We can complain until we're blue in the face about poor ticket sales, but until we realize that someone is going to have to sit farther than 10 rows away from Clay to make it happen, nothing much is going to change. We can't always just rely on the not.just.us to buy those seats - sometimes maybe we'll have to sit in them ourselves. JMO of course.

Bingo! Give the little lady a prize. All those people who want Rocker!Clay! filling up stadiums? Um, yeah.

ETA: Sweet babyjesus. The warning? Too little, too late. I'm a goner. :Thud:

WARNING: MAJOR HOTNESS AHEAD!!!

173577008-L.jpg

Gurgle....

Edited by cindilu2

Happy birthday and :F_05BL17blowkiss: to Carolina Clay!!!!

I'm extremely jellus of all you who get to now start your Clay adventures. I miss Clay already. Everyone from here have a wonderful time (and very safe travels) in the next few days/weeks!

lickiest1 wrote:

And I think that this is the crux of the matter - and always will be for Clay fans. We can complain until we're blue in the face about poor ticket sales, but until we realize that someone is going to have to sit farther than 10 rows away from Clay to make it happen, nothing much is going to change. We can't always just rely on the not.just.us to buy those seats - sometimes maybe we'll have to sit in them ourselves. JMO of ourse.

Amen. I've been extremely lucky to have excellent seats several times, and was eternally grateful that I got great seats for both shows this tour. But at this point, I'm always just so thrilled to be in the same room with the man, breathing the same air, that if I'm in the 20th row, or in a balcony seat even, I'm good. Besides, it's really not like he's going to notice me or anything. I'm not the type to stand up in the middle of the concert and announce my intentions toward Clay while he's talking. *g*

Happy Birthday, Carolina Clay, and anyone I've missed in the past week or so!

*looks out window, sees rain, applauds* I wanna stay home and listen to Philly tonight! If it's nice out, unfortunately I'll be up at the ball diamond again.

I have that gorgeous Permaswooned picture on my desktop this morning. In 34 more hours, I'll be looking at it in person. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I've been extremely lucky to have excellent seats several times, and was eternally grateful that I got great seats for both shows this tour. But at this point, I'm always just so thrilled to be in the same room with the man, breathing the same air, that if I'm in the 20th row, or in a balcony seat even, I'm good. Besides, it's really not like he's going to notice me or anything. I'm not the type to stand up in the middle of the concert and announce my intentions toward Clay while he's talking. *g*

Heh, you and me both. If he ever singles me out in the audience, I think I may crawl under my seat and die of embarrassment. :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by lickiest1

Hee! It's gonna be fun following all the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEing on the computer this time! I was too busy with the conference to do the cyber-concert fan job justice for the Tulsa show...I can really turn it on for Philly! :DoClay: :TourExcite: :Tour3:

OT---On the way back from taking Mom to get new glasses, I had to drive by the softball field where Carrie's team was practicing. I almost had a wreck rubbernecking to catch a glimpse of her as I passed and then did a U turn (not one of those that Elvira kept trying to get us to make, keepingfaith!) and then parked and just walked out to the field and called her name!

She came running, yelling "Mommy!" Hee! We hugged and hugged! We haven't seen each other in two weeks and that's just too long, dang it! She held on tight and said, "I MISSED you!" and oh, it was bliss! :wub:

And that, dear friends, is what life is all about. :lilredani:

Happy Birthday, Carolina Clay! :bday2:

Ding dang, we have a lot of Cancerians here, don't we? I hear those born under this astrological sign are especially smutty. :27:

Wow, we've been hvving a lot of birthdays around these parts.

:bday2: :bday2:

Happy Birthday Carolina Clay

During NAT every seat I had was between 10th and 25th row or on the side. I enjoyed every single concert. On this tour I have an 18th row seat and a 17th row seat. I'm glad I'm in the house and am perfectly happy with them. It's actually fun to sit with people who don't know every line in Clay's schtick. Would I be in front row if I could,you bet, but I depend on the luck of ticket bastard. I find it hysterical that lady luck thought I should have a great seat for Vegas and who knows if I'll even be able to really go.

I do think some venues just sell better than others and it will all balance out.

It's only Tuesday?

Muski...you sure write eloquently when its about something you love like your fmaily and clay.... :F_05BL17blowkiss: thanks for sharing with all of us.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OK...its Philly tonight right????

I am getting all confused by the 2 excited Canadians that tomorrow is the night...hee

whew...that was a long wait for Clay....

Carolina Clay

:bday2:

Hee, ansa, sorry about that. Yup, tonight's the night! But tomorrow's gonna be even better! ;)

During NAT every seat I had was between 10th and 25th row or on the side. I enjoyed every single concert. On this tour I have an 18th row seat and a 17th row seat. I'm glad I'm in the house and am perfectly happy with them. It's actually fun to sit with people who don't know every line in Clay's schtick. Would I be in front row if I could,you bet, but I depend on the luck of ticket bastard.

Exactly. I usually do not have good ticket karma, but I haven't done too badly this tour. My closest seats are 3rd row in Syracuse and Canandaigua, my farthest are 19th row (I think) in Sterling Heights. Well, plus the Chautauqua general admission ticket. I've been in balconies and at the back of the risers many times before, and probably will be many times in future. What's important, to me, is to be in the house as often as I can. :lol: I don't think I'd ever pass up the opportunity to attend a Clay concert based on what tickets I could get.

I really don't think many would bypass Clay because of tickets but the price of air change or extra night hotel..that I can definitely understand. I had everything but a flight to Houston - a free place to stay etc, but still couldn't make it work. But you reminded me of something lickiest heee - my only regret in Clay fandom is NOT sitting in the balcony during JNT05 so I could appreciate the entire stage. By the time I realized I wanted to it was too late. I'm still trying to figure out how I managed 16 shows in 2004.Well he did tour all year long so it was easier.

Hee, I am going to match my most shows in a year (2004 when I went to 10) this year. I can hardly believe it. But 7 on this tour + 2 Christmas + Vegas = 10. EEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Is it time to go home yet? I think I need to check that my tickets are packed (for the 100th time). :lol:

You know what? I must be kinda weird....I love PermaSwooned's original killer picture. The banner made from it? Not so much. Too much "up his nose to see his brain." But that's just me. IMO it needs balance, and that banner doesn't give it. (Can I hope that someone does a grinning Clay banner soon?)

Heh, you and me both. If he ever singles me out in the audience, I think I may crawl under my seat and die of embarrassment. :cryingwlaughter:

Oh, you mean like Scarlett being called out in the first row at Houston! Hee.

It's actually fun to sit with people who don't know every line in Clay's schtick. Would I be in front row if I could,you bet, but I depend on the luck of ticket bastard.

It actually is. I'm incredibly glad that I was with friends *waves at Heidi, CG and muski* for my first show of this tour. But Tulsa was fun too, for a different reason -- the one mentioned here. I was surrounded by people who were not just us, and it was a hoot to watch them react to Clay (when I could tear my eyes off Clay myself. *g*). There were also two ladies directly across from me on the aisle that I think might have been more intense and possibly connected fans, but didn't know anything about the show. I could tell this because I could see their faces during several portions of the classics medley where they were simply cracking up. It was a lot of fun.

That is one good thing about seeing early shows -- the schtick isn't routine to the diehards quite yet. It always frustrated me during the JBT with the 70's routine; toward the end of the tour, his joke about being born in the 70's was always lost because too many fans knew that what was he was leading towards and blew it before he got there. The introduction to the classics medley may turn out the same way. I hope not, though.

But you reminded me of something lickiest heee - my only regret in Clay fandom is NOT sitting in the balcony during JNT05 so I could appreciate the entire stage. By the time I realized I wanted to it was too late.

And that was my one and only JNT2005 experience -- from a balcony fairly far away. Sure, I didn't get to see the pretty upclose and personal -- but I got the full idea of what Clay was trying to accomplish, and it was pretty cool IMO.

I look back at the pictures of him from that tour as well, and just grin. He seems so young -- and that was only two years ago!

I love Mr. Chameleon.

soooo, ldyjocelyn....the CH banner just don't do it fer yer, eh? :whistling-1:

Not to worry.....check out this montage (YouTube) by sylvie...

GAH and GAH and GAH.

I'm glad I watched this with no one else in the office. whoa. :Thud:

Too Lost in You....(gah)

Claygasm, you'll uh....appreciate this one, too---lots of long hair and stubble....and eyeboinks... :hubbahubba:

gah.

Edited by muskifest

muski...thank you. I really do appreciate a good eyeboink. *g*

There are days when he'll give looks like those in the montage, and I'll swoon and faint and think "OMG, where the hell did that come from?" (Today was one of them with that montage...) And then there are days when I'm just not in the mood for that, you know? Why, I can't tell you, wish I actually knew the answer. I just think there are days when I'm out of sync with so much of the fandom because I find Mr. Make-Me-Laugh sexier than anything, and I know that this isn't the case with a few people.

JMO, YMMV, and all those combinations of letters.

I know what you mean, ldyj...I really do. His sense of humor and enjoyment of laughing AT himself and just getting a kick out of silliness---sexy as hell.

I had Carrie sit with me last night while I showed her the Houston "Classics" medley. She had a blast! She'd said, "Hey! I know that song!" . I had to remind her of "Keith" but once I did, she laughed at Clay doing the arm thing during Like a Virgin. She (thankfully) didn't know anything about OPP, but his crouch and crotch grab thing was something she could associate with the TYPE of song he was snarking on. She got excited when the Beat It music started but then said what I've been thinking---he should really do more Michael Jackson dance spoofs---at least do the hand flick thing or something....

Anyhoo, she thought it was all a hoot! Of course, she's more open to the whole Clay phenomenon than Alex...you know, since she's not quite a teenager yet. :cryingwlaughter:

birthdaycard.gifCarolina Clay

and to all other birthday peeps

jratcake.gif Enjoy

So should the birthday people think of themselves as growing on people like cancer or just accept that they are very crabby?

Edited by playbiller

sheiladownunder---oooh, yeah.....with those two versions we have HAWT Clay with the long hair and stubble and HAWT Clay with short hair and stubble and

gawd. :Thud:

(Thank you, sylvie and rocknrlmom!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROLINA CLAY..........

Help me out, all you Tulsa goers, did I meet Nelle or am I dreaming? I think someone introduced us, it was a brief encounter, but I can't remember for sure. I'd hate to be remiss in acknowledging her and telling her how nice it was to meet her, if I did. I'm still in my fog people.

Just for Kandre, I will not edit this post. :cryingwlaughter:

Oh.My.God. Why does the OFC insist on sending out emails on the eve of m&g announcements? I just about had a heart attack when I saw it! And it was for 20% off a NJ ticket.....

Not laughing at you , but with you. Been there, done that......... :cryingwlaughter:

Oh.My.God. Why does the OFC insist on sending out emails on the eve of m&g announcements? I just about had a heart attack when I saw it! And it was for 20% off a NJ ticket.....

Well, that's kind of sad. Must mean this concert is not selling well at all! And its less than 2 weeks before the concert.

I wonder if any of these concerts are selling that well. Outside of "us" that is....

I never like to see this sort of thing either. Since I could only attend one concert, I haven't been following what is going on with other venues, or the ticket sales, that much. Are there a lot of fans selling their tickets to any of the shows? I would think that fans fill up the first 20 rows and after that it is mainstream ticket holders. As a rule that is. It might be different with venues that have subscribers. In those venues, they might be filling up a lot of the front rows, if they get presales before fans, that is.

WARNING: MAJOR HOTNESS AHEAD!!!

173577008-L.jpg

Gurgle....

It's almost at thermonuclear levels....Explode.gif

That is some major eye boinking going on there........... Have I said thank you Clay or I love you Clay today? No? Well, consider it said now............. :Thud:

Ok explain this......here I am packing for my two week trip to England and I am getting all down because I'd rather be going with my buds to see Clay!!

For the first time ever I am going home with almost no plans! My daughter and I are going to London first and then we are going to go to the train station and see where the trains are going to and we are going to hop on whichever one takes our fancy!! I don't have hotel reservations or anything. Tell me I'm not a little bit crazy. Hee! At least I speak the language*g*

I also will have no internet for two weeks! I hope nothing big like footgate occurs I don't want to have to read it in England y'all.

Oh and that picture, well just GAH!!!!!! He can look at me like that anytime!

What is wrong with us? LOL The whole time I was in Atlanta, I just couldn't wait to get home and on the boards. I am just this close to needing an intervention.

(don't look at me like that Ansa, I just CAN'T come to California...*g*),

And why not??? And don't give me any "good" reasons like work, family obligations, money, blah, blah, blah! When did any of that stop a TRUE fan??? :medium-smiley-070:

These Open Arms (can't believe it! hee)

Told ya so! I have heard more people say they now love this song. Somehow I feel so vindicated. I loved it from day one!

I must get to bed. I got involved in something and now suddenly its almost 2am. My friend who is coming to the Philly show will be here like 10 hours and I need to sleep!

I liked it from the start too. Much better than I did ATD or ETIH.

I couldn't download musik's link for Too Lost In You, but I did see the one sheiladownunder posted.

:Thud::Thud::Thud::Thud::Thud:

Batteries. I need new batteries.

Bangs................... :Thud:

Happy Birthday

To Carolina Clay and to my sister and concert companion Playbiller and with that it's off to PHILLY today.

Wait just a ding-dang minute here... Is it playbiller's birthday, too? And here I am stuck without any specialized graphics for her.

playbiller

:7252:

Have a great time in Philly tonight!!!

Hee...Play...were you hiding your Birthday????

thanks for letting up know Fear...

:bday2: :bday2:

and you have a concert too...EEEEEEEEEEEEE best bday gift for sure!!! Have fun y'all!!!