#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

Anybody else feeling good about the rest of the year and next. I know there are a lot of unknowns but I guess I'm optimistic that things are going the right way. And the calendar is full enough that at least this year will keep the clack flowing. There's the Sedaka tribute, Fifth Grader airing, taping of the ice show, the tour. I'm hopeful that the meet and greet format will remain the same and by the time the concert rolls around he'll be able to again release a bit of the "tension" that I'm sure will build up by end of

November. :cryingwlaughter: God I loved that format. It just took away so many of the degrees of separation from the info, if you know what I mean.

I'm not putting any hope into an early 08 album release but perhaps by fall we'll have new music by Clay. I can't wait to see what HE would choose for himself. He put his heart and soul into ATDW and I think he has learned so much on the production end with All is Well an ATDW and just the process of that and having all these years in the business--it will be interesting to see the end result. And I'll be the first to say that while I have an idea of what a Clay CD will sound like. I could be dead wrong. I hope he goes where his heart takes him and just has good songs...songs he won't get tired of singing in a few months :cryingwlaughter: Songs where he doesn't think the lyrics are cheesy and as someone said someplace..just one classic that people will forever remember.

Kim I know for me, some things are just visceral. It's amazing to me that merrieee could not love a picture I love so much..but somebody put up their fave pictures yesterday and I was like eh.

Kim you can ask but I don't know if I can explain it. I honestly don't think it is very flattering to him.

I have seen many other pictures where he literally takes my breath away and this one I just want to go away. Sorry. I guess all pics are very subjective and to each his own. I even like the fauxhawk pics better..they are fun and quirky and I can just laugh at them!

Besides now it has become a game and there is no way I could ever admit to liking it even a tiny bit...even if I wanted to (which I don't)*g*

But I still love Clay lots so it's all good.

Me! Me! I am totally looking forward to the Fall and beyond; so many wonderful things happening and it does sound like Clay is happy with the way the CD is progessing...I don't spend a lot of time worrying about timelines either; I think that ends up causing a lot of angst in the fandom because people get so caught up in "this should happen first, than this and this" and when it doesn't go according to "plan" than the conspiracy theories, etc. begin. All I know is, I will be there, money in hand when the CD drops. I tend to think there will be more TV in Clay's future and I hope with all the upcoming events that we will see him on Kimmel at some point and maybe doing the morning shows for promotion.

Kim

Kim you can ask but I don't know if I can explain it. I honestly don't think it is very flattering to him.

I have seen many other pictures where he literally takes my breath away and this one I just want to go away. Sorry. I guess all pics are very subjective and to each his own. I even like the fauxhawk pics better..they are fun and quirky and I can just laugh at them!

Besides now it has become a game and there is no way I could ever admit to liking it even a tiny bit...even if I wanted to (which I don't)*g*

Thanks for the explanation...there are very few pictures of Clay that I don't like; I'm not a fan of the spikes so I imagine there are probably one or two of that hairstyle that I don't like...I don't save pictures of Clay (I know sacrilage!); so most times when people mention a certain look, I have to hope someone can post it to jog my memory. Snowflake picture, I don't see anything unflattering at all, just beautiful green eyes framed by those long, long lashes, a hint of freckles spinkled across those cut-glass cheekbones, alabaster skin, luscious lips; all framed by his lush windblown hair. Are you sure you don't like it? LOL!

Kim

I am still being thrilled about the reports of Clay being number 1 on the Korean search site and for it being picked up by so many Korean news papers.

BloomingClay posted links to a number of articles and also mentioned that 60 new people had joined the korean fan club just today.

here is a link to her post on the Cb

I get a real feeling of the original fan Clay love when ever I read her posts. It is just another joyful thing to me.

{{{Muski}}}

{{{Shadow :F_05BL17blowkiss: }}}

Years ago my German Shepherd had a skunk encounter. He kept trying to run away from the stink! I couldn't catch him. I left him in my fenced back yard, went to the store and bought about 6 of the extra, extra large size cans of tomato juice. I had to throw it at him as he ran by. Must have helped, or he just tired out, because finally I was able to work it in to his coat and spray him down. He was wet and miserable, but it did the trick with the skunk smell.

Although I have a friend who is a vet who swears by Nature's Miracle De-Skunker. I have used Nature's Miracle for pet accident smells - a lot - and it works great for that so I think their de-skunker would work great too.

I am hoping the rest of the year and next are filled with fun Clay things cause I think I am going to need it!

Couchie I am right there with you!!! I feel so positive about what Clay is doing, and I think that he is really slowly building respect in the industry, and that can only lead to good things. It makes my heart happy when I hear how he is treated by producers. I'm just dying for November (see you there!!). I'm so sorry I won't be able to attend the other Christmas concerts, but I know the Clack gatherers will be there for me.

All is good.

It's worth a shot I guess.

OK clears throat ::coughcough::

I lurv....

I lur....

::hackhack::

I lu....

I l....

::chokechoke::

aarrgghh

Na! can't do it!

**pats merrieee's head** Well, at least you gave it the ole college try. Sorta. I'll give it a try..

Pleeeeze post more sNOflake hair pictures! I just LURVE really like like tolerate can look without hurling at that picture. He looks so hawt sexy good okay tolerable .

Hmmm....think they'll buy it, merrieee?

Edited by Bookwhore

Do you all know how nice it is to come to a Clay board and actually have FUN! :da_best: (and you have really cool emoticons, too!)

Kim

OK - how many of you were there to see snowflake hair in person? Huh? How many!!!!???!!!

Well I was there in person and only in the third row of people too, on the right side of the street and I got to see Clay the whole time and he looked great in person - very very great! Why he ven looked bursting with J O Y. He was happy to be there and wanted to share it with everyone. he made sure every single performer go theri due, and even though we had to stand through some speeches (v. v. dull speeches) we got to see Clay watching the children's choir sing an give them all props. it was a happy day and that translated to his happy hair. [/end of the true vision post]e1711.gif

OK, now for something a little different! Whyam I the only fan suggesting this on the TY site - wouldn't you like Clay to have one of these? Just think how much it can make for the foundation, it would be fantastic, I would buy at least 5 myself, if not the usual 8.

Edited by playbiller

Anybody else feeling good about the rest of the year and next. I know there are a lot of unknowns but I guess I'm optimistic that things are going the right way. And the calendar is full enough that at least this year will keep the clack flowing. There's the Sedaka tribute, Fifth Grader airing, taping of the ice show, the tour. I'm hopeful that the meet and greet format will remain the same and by the time the concert rolls around he'll be able to again release a bit of the "tension" that I'm sure will build up by end of

November. :cryingwlaughter: God I loved that format. It just took away so many of the degrees of separation from the info, if you know what I mean.

Wow, a big fat WORD to you whole post. I've felt so optimistic about Clay's future this year. I feel like he's coming into his own and many people in the entertainment business are getting to know the real Clay Aiken, like they're finally able to seperate him from the geeky, skinny white boy from AI days and see his potential as a viable, lasting figure in the entertainment business. I'm crossing my fingers for an early '08 CD, but I know realistically it probably won't happen. I just hope it's the perfect CD for him.

I'm not putting any hope into an early 08 album release but perhaps by fall we'll have new music by Clay. I can't wait to see what HE would choose for himself. He put his heart and soul into ATDW and I think he has learned so much on the production end with All is Well an ATDW and just the process of that and having all these years in the business--it will be interesting to see the end result. And I'll be the first to say that while I have an idea of what a Clay CD will sound like. I could be dead wrong. I hope he goes where his heart takes him and just has good songs...songs he won't get tired of singing in a few months :cryingwlaughter: Songs where he doesn't think the lyrics are cheesy and as someone said someplace..just one classic that people will forever remember.

Man, I've been sitting here for days just reading and not finding anything that I thought would add to the conversation anywhere...now I just want to ramble. (sorry...and btw, just to warn you, this doesn't mean that I actually have anything of substance to add...just that I need to ramble...LOL)

I guess I've been wondering if while he was off in LA taping AYSTAFG. he also spent time in some studio, maybe recording or choosing new songs. I'm curious what that new 'sound' will be. I have no idea. I just hope as you do Couchie, that he will get a 'classic' out of the mix, one that he will forever love to sing. I do think he feels that way about Invisible. I think while those little tugs will always do it for me, I think they do for him too...but it's time for another.

Personally, I love how Clay's voice fits with IWTKWLI and IYDKMBN, and Chain Of Fools from a few years ago...soul.....yum...but I have no idea how that would sell or if he even likes that sound for himself...or if he even would want to pigeon hole himself that much. With both Broken Wings and HYCA he made something very different from the original...and different from each another. I think that creative side, that little touch of ADD in the guy, would get tired too quickly with just one sound...yet, it seems like that's what he will be working towards with the new CD.

S'all good. I'll just be ready to be amazed when the time comes.

It's sad, so sad. It's a sad, sad situation.

SnowflakeCrop1.jpg

:cryingwlaughter: (I feel your pain) :cryingwlaughter:

Maybe this will help...here's a pretty posted by karebear at GCA...I kinda like it.

(if it's already made the rounds here, that's ok...I'll just stare at it a little longer myself. hee)

th_ClayAiken-Houston-7-6-07-u.jpg

Edited by laughn

I'm so there with ya! :RedGuy:

Bring it on!

---

Oh and I also f'love really like can tolerate the Snowflake Hair.

It is truly incredible how people can see things so differently. Not only is that my favorite of the snowflake pics, it's one of my all-time favorite pics and looks of him, period. So much so I have a 36x24 framed copy of it on the wall of my living room.

Think I'm kidding? :lilredani:

I love ya merrieeee, so I'll just post a text link. :-}

(If anybody would like the poster size file of that, let me know ;-0)

couchie, I am SOOOO on board with your post. I really believe that Clay has his career, and his life under control right now. He doesn't just 'look' happy, he exudes the aura of someone who is not just okay, but someone who is coming into his own.

I love ya merrieeee, so I'll just post a text link. :-}

(If anybody would like the poster size file of that, let me know ;-0)

GASP! :DoClay:

couchie, I am SOOOO on board with your post. I really believe that Clay has his career, and his life under control right now. He doesn't just 'look' happy, he exudes the aura of someone who is not just okay, but someone who is coming into his own.

I like that!!

And yet I have learned to temper my expectations..but I think that's a good thing. The "he's going to change the music industry" mantra ... eeek ... I never believed that. And I don't know a single singer who's fortunes has only risen. There have been bumps in the road for even the biggest stars. I also am not sure if THIS is the album that will tell us ultimately where he's going. But that's ok...I'm here for the journey. Always have been. It's REALLY quite fascinating...doncha think?

ETA: it's my fifth grader hang over.... heee... bear with me :cryingwlaughter:

Laughn - yes I love that green eyed soul. Wonder how he feels about it. Is it something he feels excited about or something he experiments with on the tour because he has soulful back ups. I loved the duets during NAT and how he would bring the house down with him. And I hear that same knock me out style in Good News (shuddup hee) towards then end when he does "oh you bring me, good news."

But here's the question. Would Clay Aiken be accepted as a soul singer or would have he have to work up to that. I'd love to see him get some high profile duet gigs singing some old school soul. He'd shock the house.

ETA Cindilu... I do think he wants radio. And frankly he had some songs on there that could fit. So I'm not giving up on that any time soon. Even though I don't listen to it myself AT ALL. I do think the first few years took their toll on him. I also think he will better prepared and know what to expect if it gets that crazy again. I do think that it will.

And once again, Couchie, I'm sitting here nodding my head as I read your post. As much as I'd like to think the entertainment world could go back to the days when someone like Clay would rule the world - I just don't ever see it happening. And I have never believed that Clay wants to be a huge superstar. He's a smart man, and I don't think for a minute he doesn't know that there are many, many things he could have done to cash in following AI if he had chosen to. With MOAM and even with ATDW, there are things he could have done, RCA nothwithstanding, if he chosen to. (I'm thinking music videos and playing the game with radio, etc) I believe, and always will, that Clay will have exactly the career he wants, for as long as he wants to have it. And I'm not just okay with that, I love him even more for it. Just please, please keep singing Clay!

Ah, Peach Schnapps....brings back memories of Strawberry Hill, Boon's Farm and other flavored schnapp poisons... :rolleyes: and one crazy high school graduation party at Virginia Beach.... :whistling-1:
Ah, Boone Farm, a bottle of which served as the centerpiece for a lovely May afternoon in the infield at the Kentucky Derby. Good times, good times.

Couchie looked great at Fifth Grader, sitting on the far side of the set from me and waving her sign like crazy. Also good times.