# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

Well, Frustrated!Clay! just doesn't sound as good.....but I did get quite the frustrated vibe from his blog! I love it when he reprimands us!

I saw a post by Divayenta on CH about passing Jaymes and a gentleman in his 50s holding hands in the streets of the NYC the other day. Hee, another fan-favourite-ship shot down! Oh well, there's still Jamie. ;)

I saw a post by Divayenta on CH about passing Jaymes and a gentleman in his 50s holding hands in the streets of the NYC the other day. Hee, another fan-favourite-ship shot down! Oh well, there's still Jamie. ;)

Ah, but dontcha know that's got to be his new producer. She couldn't have a life outside of Clay!!!!

Since everyone gets to say whatever they want about anything at all here --- I am going to be pissy Keepingfaith and say that I'm not fond of the term "pissy Clay" and don't get why that would be a good thing to be since it denotes immature petulance. Unless he was kicking a coke machine while writing that blog, that sounded like Teacher Clay to me -- which is a whole different deal. I loooove Teacher Clay.

I just don't care for pissy people at all, even myself right now.

I don't mind the term pissy but when people start with the "pissy diva" my blood starts boiling. There is nothing pissy about saying what you want, never noticed a shortage of that here, there or anywhere. Rant on keepingfaith! :dancingpickle:

Well knowing Clay and his appeal, I don't think he's going to run out of ladies anytime soon. I bet the line is long. I'm still curious about YSG. Anyway, it's just fun to talk about.

What or who is YSG? :mellow:

ETA Yellow Sweater Girl? Just occured to me............a little late

Ah, but dontcha know that's got to be his new producer. She couldn't have a life outside of Clay!!!!

Hee, I know, it CMSU. Why would she be holding hands with his producer?

ETA: BWAH, kf!

LdyJ left a poll for us to vote in regarding next chat times. You can vote at the link below

I've set up a poll to find out the best time for another FCA chat. The poll is located here.

Keepingfaith... I guess I like pissy Clay cuz it goes way back to the beginning of the fandom for me. I know this isn't your reason, but once diva Clay stories began it became kinda not alright to use. But I definitely like it. And immaturity is the last thing that enters my mind when I hear the phrase. For me it just denotes that the man has a bit of fire. And you aren't pissy... well not in the way you define it.

Maybe it's her husband? Did we ever see the divorce records when she dropped Levy?

BWAH Cousin. How many times removed or not at all would that be? :cry4: hee hee.

Maybe it's her husband? Did we ever see the divorce records when she dropped Levy?

Lordy, I hope not! :-O

Pissy Clay doesn't bother me. At least within the fandom, it's practically a term of endearment.

This blog just has me grinning from start to finish. I love the comfortable-ness of it. Makes me wanna do squish him. bighug.gif

In the UK, pissy Clay would mean drunk Clay.

I don't like the word "piss" itself -- any other word for urination is fine, but that one makes me cringe. Just as I can't handle the word "fart" -- I'd much rather hear someone say "fuck" than "fart" -- but that's just one of my word issues that I can get "pissy" about. It has nothing at all to do with profanity and probably everything to do with some neurotic word syndrome that I must suffer from.

I do think my fondness for pissy Clay goes way back in the beginning of the fandom when there seem to be a faction that idealized Clay too much that it seem he would be sprouting angel wings at any moment. I remember some fans would get all defensive when there was any story about Clay getting upset or showing a temper. TO ME...it just shows that Clay is indeed human...that can get impatient, has a temper and can be very sarcastic and snarky. Makes him more real and like one of us.

I do think my fondness for pissy Clay goes way back in the beginning of the fandom when there seem to be a faction that idealized Clay too much that it seem he would be sprouting angel wings at any moment. I remember some fans would get all defensive when there was any story about Clay getting upset or showing a temper. TO ME...it just shows that Clay is indeed human...that can get impatient, has a temper and can be very sarcastic and snarky. Makes him more real and like one of us.

Whoa! Were they shocked when Clay's gorgeous humongous c Waldo showed up and Pinocchio turned into a Real Man?

He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become. I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.

zena... LOVE this part of your great milestone post! That has been nominated for a thread title, I hope? Guess I could go check, huh!

Keepingfaith... for me and I think for many, pissy Clay is when he is expressing exasperation... cutely, usually, and is definitely a form of endearment, since he is NEVER mean about it and always has justification. It started with the coke machine and has just continued.

Also, your "cousin" comment... BWAH!!!

He's apartment hunting... ohhh. His own place in NYC. Why does that make me excited??? :cryingwlaughter: Think he'll invite me... I'll cook!

KarenEh, I see your name at the bottom. What are you doing these days?

Did you ever tell your mother that you were moving across three ponds to Baku?

Welcome out of lurkdom LovesClaysVoice. . How did you stay there so long?

keepingfaith, honey...you're CMSU today! Thank yoU! :cryingwlaughter: Her cousin!? BWAH! Pissy? BWAH! :cryingwlaughter: Neurotic word syndrome? BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

And man oh man...about the angel wingers in the beginning...Waldo? You kiddin' me? Not our well-mannered, Southern mama's boy! Clay didn't HAVE a penis, for God's sake, how could you even SUGGEST that?

And if he did, bless his innocent heart and body, he certainly had NO idea what it was for other than pis....er, urinating.

:whistling-1:

Uh...I don't think so....As many pics, videos and live..uh....appearances suggest, the man has one and most likely knows how to use it...

very well...use it very well...

:hubbahubba:

Seriously, the old angel wingers used to HATE me. I'd :cryingwlaughter: at their posts. Nothing pis....ummmm..peeves an angel winger more.

Some of their stuff was just so unbelievable. Remember the photoshopped pictures?

Ewwwww....just ewwwww.

Well, blow me over, the first day on the new job has started off :blush: rather nicely thanks to all of you.

So, moooovin on and Up to the deeluxe apartment...in the Big Honey Crisp Apple.... :cryingwlaughter: .... here are a few of my favorite things that absolutely bear repeating.

If we're going to speculate, why not meander toward the bright side?

Yes, all things being equal I prefer the lighted streets over dark alleys. As long as we don't have facts to base opinions on about these inside-the-business debates, I'll go with common sense, logic and a positive perspective every time, in that order.

...maybe he's just that damned good that he can constantly, repeatedly bring it and, with his poise and presence, make it seem as natural to him as breathing.

We have so much to look forward to right now, there really will not be a dull moment from here until at least the beginning of May. I love the celebration and the fangirliness! That's what this is about....at least for me. I've just never been into analyzing Clay's career path or his career choices. I just want to enjoy the fruits of his labour!

I do not need or want to know business/contract information. It takes the romance out of this love affair I'm having! I love music, artistry, performance .... but Lord deliver me from contracts and suppositions regarding contracts. I can go to work for that.

I think many Clay fans just cannot accept - that not everyone will ever like Clay. I am happy if people will just say he has a good voice but... His music will never appeal to everyone. No one's music will. His looks will never appeal to everyone. No one's will. His personality will never appeal to everyone. No one's will. And that's ok.

If someone gives him a fair chance and still doesn't like him, that's ok with me. I just wish more would give him a fair chance.

He just rips my heart out....what a talent.

Personally, I don't feel the need to know that much about the album at this point. Eventually, we'll find out more, but why get the angst-engines revving up now, when there are so many other things to look forward to (AYSTAFG, Skating Show, Christmas Concerts, Spamalot)?

I think the last look was my favorite too...I will take the bangs over the spikes any day...

:clap:

And this?

Snort!

Maybe it was her cousin.

Snort! Guffaw! Snort! Sniff. Sorry, but I've never been a "neat" laugher.

"help a brother out"? Heh.
:funnypost:

Oh, Clay, you have noooo 'ahdeeah' how many ways I'd like to help you out, although not so much in the brotherly or cousinly sense, :whistling-1:especially when you're 'confused' like you said in your blog just now. Zena could bring a little clarity into your life. Sigh.

So what's the scoop at FCA on the subject of the blog; the stories I mean? I've been at the OFC a half dozen time now in the last week (which has got to be an all time record for me), lookin' at the list of rules and checkin' it twice. I have a story written but it's pretty firmly parked in a Word File for now. I wish it was funny....., The only Christmas concerts I will be going to are the two in Minneapolis. Hey, does that mean he will be choosing a different set of three stories for each night in Minneapolis? :idea: Never mind, I still at the point where I'd love for Clay to read my story but can't get my head around reading it in public; not because I'm shy but because it hits some pretty vulnerable spots personally.

Hugs to Divayenta and KarenEh? They know why.

And a little :word: to you keepingfaith, on the "pissy". Goodness know my vocabulary has certainly changed increased since I started frequenting the boards, but I've never been a big fan of the bodily function expletives. On several occasions since my tenure in the Claynation has begun, I have shocked the %#X&* out of my family with some unfamiliar exclamations of

well, extreme emotion. I gotta admit, it did elicit a reaction, and a lecture from my 25 year old. :yapyapyapf: :lol2:

It's getting really cold up here. I so wish I was going to Vegas. :deepersnow:

YIKES!!!!!! I"M AT THE TOP!!! HOLD ME FCA!!!!

Remember Boobgate!? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I was on another board then and there were people there who were CONVINCED that the picture of Clay with his hands on that hairdresser woman's boobs was a photoshop. They even submitted REAL pics of Clay's hands that they were SURE supplied the hands in the boob picture. They reFUSED to think that Clay would dare do something so vulgar and disrespectful as to actually place his hands on a woman's breasts---even fully clothed breasts! :naughtywag: And of course that devilishly satisfied smile on his face and the twinkle in his eyes proved their point even further that it was a photoshopped pic. I mean, even if the woman HAD forced him to do such a dreadful thing, he sure as hell wouldn't be ENJOYING it!

:lmaosmiley-1: :lmaosmiley-1:

Ah yes....that was before he went on tour with Kelly and did his grindage all up on Angela's butt...

heh. I love that man.

OMG boobgate was interesting times indeed. I remember being on the CH the morning that was first posted and just :lmaosmiley-1: . I remember just having this biggest smile on my face and just falling in love with Clay just a bit more. So...it was quite a surprise when I see quite the brouhaha in other boards about that one. I guess I should feel sympathy for some people. I mean...everyone does form an idea of what a person is and we want them to be as close to our own values as possible. I am certainly glad that so far...the Clay we got to know better and better was pretty close to how I saw him....but even more surprising and unpredictable....I totally love that.

Whoa! Were they shocked when Clay's gorgeous humongous c Waldo showed up and Pinocchio turned into a Real Man?

As for that, once-upon-a-time, a board that used to be snarky and funny and irreverent before

:drama::afteryou: :Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius: :attention_whore3: :alien31: :witchhunt: :liar:

discovered CAGC during American Idol (!!!!) very early on. Perhaps songinmysoul, if she should stop by, will do the honors of a few caps, since she was the discoverer. If she doesn't, I'll find those caps--I know I've got them somewhere.