# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

How incredibly mesmerizing are our latest pieces of clack? I have so much school work to do and here I am sitting on my not so cute, or little derriere, watching two videos. I have them set to automatically play over and over, removing me from the decision making process and essentially shifting blame to my media player settings. Excellent ability, transference…..ranks right up there with delegation and procrastination. For a break, do I get up out of my chair? Nope. I stay here and do REALLY REALLY dumb things…..like the REALLY dumb thing I did this afternoon. I decided to book a hotel room for one of the weeks I’m going to be in New York in April for Spamalot. I look around at some sites, get some prices, do some research, make a decision and book. And as soon as I hit the “Book It Now” button, it hit ME….that I hadn’t been on kayak or one of the “redirect you to the vendor sites,” I was on hotels.com! I had prepaid $2200 on my debit card two days before payday, four days before I leave for Vegas. CRAP!! I called them up and cancelled and was told that it could take up to 30 days to post back to my account. A quick peek at the checking account online revealed a sea of red ink and minus signs….all pending….the things we did this weekend, the car payment, the dentist, the eye doctor. CRAP!! Thank God, for the gal from Bank of America. She was more than feeling my pain…..but it wasn’t hard to miss. I don’t think I have ever made such a desperate plea for a stop payment in my life. No go on the stop payment but the bank has agreed to honor all the things pending and won’t charge me overdraft fees. WHEW! Then I had to call John and suggest that he might want to use a credit card for the next few days. When I called hotels.com back for the second time to pin down when the credit will be issued, I was told 48 to 72 hours, and BOA says they post this stuff as soon as it comes in, overnight. I can’t believe I did something so stupid. I KNOW this is how they work. I was just trying to be a good custodian of my Clay love…..

KarenEh, I see your name at the bottom. What are you doing these days?

Did you ever tell your mother that you were moving across three ponds to Baku?

Well, Toots, I did tell my mother and my mother-in-law. The M-I-L isn’t talking to me right now because I am heartless and uncaring…..her description of us since we don’t live in the town we grew up in. I kid you not. It’s kind of funny that we have lived only 5 of our 25 married years back in the town we grew up in….so I guess I never really knew how heartless I was all along. Anyway, John had to deal with her when he was back home getting his passport renewed, she kept trying to pick a fight….and so it goes. Whatever….I’m heartless.

I just hope this doesn’t make the TV or the news back home.

Yikes!

AND

Ditto

This is the view from the master bedroom window.

The US Embassy is one of those houses. Oh, and the final copy of the lease contract on that house with the view arrived today for signature.

It makes me shake my head in wonder, that as crazy and insane as my Clay love is…..traipsing all over the country, sitting here watching a couple of videos over and over, booking $300 a night hotel rooms in New York (and seeing the same play 5 times in a month), all of that stuff…..is really quite sane after all…..by comparison at least.

Dang it! I forgot to return the DVR!

I am beginning to get so excited for the trip to see my boyfriend in Vegas. I get to see Elton John, too and we’re going to see Spamalot so my aunt, who is doing Vegas but not Broadway, , will have some idea of what’s going on when the reports start hitting the boards in the January. When I was booking Christmas tour trips, I felt a little guilty about giving in to the urge to go to so many again….I am the weakest of the weak when it comes to him….but as it turns out I’m going to be alone from the day after we get back from Vegas until Christmas. I’m glad for the distraction. I love being distracted but would someone please come and take custody of my credit cards?

On the board I was on at the time (I think it was RHT) I made it my avi, with the caption "Is it real, or is it mammorex?".

That, Bookwhore, is hilarious!

Four hours later……I didn’t delete this when it became obvious I wasn’t going to have time to post it. That’s probably a first. Perma, thanks for that scrumptious photo, I hear ya on the summer photos. I’ve barely scratched the surface on mine, and I’ve accepted that I’ll be working on summer tour pix into next year sometime, but that’s okay. I prefer to take my time with them and enjoy the process.

Boobgate was very funny….never doubted those were his real hands in a real photo on her real breasts....well, they look real to me. And that devilish grin on his face….genuine, real deal, what a naughty boy look if there ever was one. I agree wholeheartedly with permaswooned he did look hot that day….definitely yummy.....with Dream Whip.

In Los Angeles I finally managed to catch him waving goodbye. Love the smile.

214925805-M.jpg

I've been playing with Clay again - it sure was fun!!! Here is the result:

SLC-solitaire1-sm.jpg

I was there at the Neil Sedaka thing, but I am a victim of the Aiken Fog, because all I remember was the standing O and watching his face, and hearing his voice. It was a spectacular show, being there was amazing. I grew up with Neil Sedaka music and most of the other performers. David Foster looked great and I was blown away with how good Neil's voice sounded - like he was still in his 20's. We had a debate about how old he must be by now - but he still looks fantastic. (Some of the other performers didn't keep that well!)

I love SLC's video and also the BigAppleforClay version - I love the way the keyboard player behind Clay has this big ass grin on his face!!

So I am way behind on the board..... first I had that accident (we are going shopping for a new van in a couple days!) then I had to get ready to go to NYC, then the trip there, and when I got home we had a huge Halloween party with all the kids, their spouses, and about 40 of their closest friends. On Sat and Sun I was up for almost 24 hours!! And then as usual, the kids and a couple of their friends stayed until late afternoon. So it was another long day with not much sleep!! Today I just vegged..... I deserved it!!

HERE you can find a 1440x900 version of that wallpaper (plus a few other goodies), I haven't done a regular-sized one yet, maybe tomorrow........ (but it may not look quite the same!)

Good Morning. Like the good bodyguard I have become, my watch lasted thru the night to protect the residents of FCA. :clap: No thanks needed, really!

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: I forgot to log out last night. Shit

:cryingwlaughter: Hey Toots I'm a long way off bodyguard but I have been here the last few days! You know, learning from the master! ( Not that I forgot to log off or anything)

Bottle Is that vampire clay in your avi? (is that what it's called?) Yes I am message boardly challenged and the terminology is sloooooowly catching on. However I do believe that I am becoming a :POSTHO:

I was Ok with the boob picture, a bit surprised perhaps but at that time I had only read about Saint Clay and was glad that he seemed to be also a bit more human, you know?

Hellooo, is anyone still awake?

I just tried and got in no problem Atinal.

Thanks for trying Couchie, I just tried again and I get the welcome, but it just won't let me go beyond that page, oh well tomorrow is another day, I'll try then

atinal, I saw someone the other day (I think it was at CV, but I'm not sure) say they were having the same problem. Come to find out the OFC only likes Mozilla or IE. What browser are you using?

Kareneh...I saw the news about Baku yesterday and thought of you. (((hugs))) Live is so unsettling, unpredictable...no matter where you live. I was going to say something about stopping to smell the roses, but it should be stopping to watch the Clack.

About BG...I never minded the boobgate picture. I thought it was funny as hell. It's the kind of thing a guy that age would do...taking the picture I mean....My son is just 7 years older than Clay and I thank God some of the pictures he and his friends snapped were not digital.

As much as I thought the shot was all in great fun, I tried to have respect for the people it bothered. They were my fellow fans, some on the same board, some not, and they were hurting over that damn thing.

I think everyone should be able to enjoy this fandom in their own way. The anglewingers never bothered me anymore than the smutters (yeah, I know that was my group, but still :P)

I believe in that freedom of expression thing and I believe in respecting the other guys opinions and beliefs...even if they are polar opposite of mine. Sometime I think Clay Aiken is far more tolerant of his fans differences than we fans are of each other.

shit, I didn't mean to sound like I am :21: or even :onsoapbox: I'm not.

...and I do have a problem with one part of the fandom, and I allow them no excuse. I hate the people who allude to inside information...you know, the ones who know what's 'really happening' with Clay and his business and his life and post to tell you about the fact that they 'know' stuff but they can't say how or why...yeah, I hates those suckers. :finger:

Ew, glad I missed the WhatzHisName Freidman conversation, too. Besides there is no way I can ever catch up here if I miss a day or two.

Heh, I think you missed it because we never had one. I'm happier when I don't waste time and energy on negative media. I realize not everyone feels that way.

I felt like she was saying..... hey, looky here at mr. goody-two-shoes......... see what he is doing!!!

Hee, I think that is exactly what she was saying! I didn't have a problem with it at all, but as a web master, I felt her pain when it was spread around the boards. However, there was no malice intended. Just a lot of fangirly excitement (mixed in with all the gnashing of teeth). But none of that that stopped me from right clicking and saving!

so do fan club memberships run out soon....and how do we re-enroll....can we enroll for more than one year... just don't want to miss a blog LOL. I think all my fan club stuff goes to an address I rarely check. I need to change that.

Well today is the 30th....that was supposed to be the deadline, but so far, the site looks the same and allows me to log in. Maybe before the end of the day that will change, and the main page will be replaced with a Year 3 sign up page. Wouldn't it be cool if, once that happens, all the pictures and everything change?

I love being distracted but would someone please come and take custody of my credit cards?

Awww, {{{hugs}}}. I feel your pain. I wish someone would take custody of my credit cards too, because I keep maxing them out and getting more. I am hopeless a concert ho. If Clay's on stage, I need to be there.

Wait! Forget I said that! I need those credit cards! I want to buy Erie tickets! :cryingwlaughter:

Heh, I think you missed it because we never had one. I'm happier when I don't waste time and energy on negative media.

I was wondering how I missed said conversation and than realized it must have been convo elsewhere. Refuse to give it the time of day. Just my way of handling it.

Boobgate neither bothered me. Just looked like normal goofy stuff that guys that age do. Was he naive about stuff like that getting out back then? How could he not be?

Good Morning All,

2 Days until Clay is on AYSTAFG!

7 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

26 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

52 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

55 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

68 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

79 Days until Clay is on Broadway! :whoohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Thanks to the poster who reminded us about Jemock's blog! I haven't been over there for a bit, and just spent half an hour laughing my butt off! How To Put on Tights is SO funny because it's SOOO true!

And I f'love the little addendum to this week's blog on Christmas stories... :lmaosmiley-1: ...especially #3.

In reading the Mr's blog again....once or twice... :whistling-1: one of the other things that makes it hawt! for me is that I think the "system" set up to do the sorting has been set up by him. We've always known he's a computer geek...and part of his frustration, I think, is we're messing with his finely-tuned system! :lmaosmiley-1:

I've seen posters that think it's Clique doing it and sending it along, and probably they have some part in it...but I think the sortation process is his baby. Intelligence looks good on a man! You see it so seldom! :lol:

laughn...I usually don;t have problems with fans that have a different view of Clay and I certainly understand that not everyone will love what Clay does. But I do get pissed when some people try to push their view of Clay on others...or when they even go on some kind of campaign or crusade on his behalf based on their narrow perception of who he is. I am afraid that is what happened with some faction over the boobgate. I also think that my main problem with the angel winger view is that they placed Clay in such a high pedestal that there was no way any normal human being can stay on it. That is why I think he opted to start doing WDC... he needed to show that bawdy, naughty side of him. On the other hand...I also think he needed to do YWT to show his spiritual side. The guy is multifaceted....he he does not fit any stereotype because, like any one of us he has many layers. I think the best way to enjoy him is to just wait and see what aspect of his personality he chooses to reveal next....Its like a long striptease... :hubbahubba:

I also think that my main problem with the angel winger view is that they placed Clay in such a high pedestal that there was no way any normal human being can stay on it. That is why I think he opted to start doing WDC... he needed to show that bawdy, naughty side of him. On the other hand...I also think he needed to do YWT to show his spiritual side. The guy is multifaceted....he he does not fit any stereotype because, like any one of us he has many layers. I think the best way to enjoy him is to just wait and see what aspect of his personality he chooses to reveal next....

I had to come out of lurkerdom to quote this. I wasn't an angel-winger, but I did have a distorted perception of Clay at the beginning (I blame AI for that :lol:), so WDC and Boobgate were a little bit of a shock for me. I agree that Clay is multifaceted and that was what I was finally able to grasp and made my fandom much more enjoyable.

As long as I'm posting, just want to thank all of you for the enjoyable conversations on this board. I love the tone here, and the acceptance of everyone's views. It's very refreshing.

And finally, I have to admit that all that talk about the honeycrisp apples finally forced me to go out and buy one. :cryingwlaughter:

Ew, glad I missed the WhatzHisName Freidman conversation, too. Besides there is no way I can ever catch up here if I miss a day or two.

Heh, I think you missed it because we never had one. I'm happier when I don't waste time and energy on negative media. I realize not everyone feels that way.

Thank goodness you said that! I've been trying to keep up since I ran off from that bastard ondodontist (I called my Dr. Snow and told on his ass! Yes, just like a three year old. And Dr. Snow agreed with me that he was the evilest person in the whole wide world and that I was a wonderful girl for being so brave. Though he wants me to go back. But he will spank him first! He said so! I believe him. And Dr. Snow is gonna make Dr. Asshole be nicer to me. Hmph.)

Boobgate? I thought the picture was funny. Barely PG. Would his church like it? Probably not, but it's a church - they probably wouldn't like him humping the mic either. Would he want his mother to see it? Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Faye hasn't seen much, much worse. I'll bet she has eye-rolling at Clay down pat.

Different points of view? I'm all for 'em - I still think everyone (me) would be much more understandable if everyone thought just like me. ducks quickly as the eHP flings a variety of sharp objects in her direction...

CG, I loved your Solitaire thingie (except that you did it in QuickTime - I hate QuickTime) and he does just about always blow that song away. Clay is the only one who could make me like that song.

As for Clay's producer, still don't care. I was laughing at this MSNBC article on JLo - and the label is doing everything what some would consider to be "right" - promos on Desperate Housewives, DwTS, GMA, write ups in various music mags, commercials, coverage by MTV, a video - and her latest only sold 53,000 in it's debut week. As far as I can tell, nobody has ever said Clay has lost his label money. Heh.

Thursday is gonna be so very hot! Man, those kids on 5th grader seemed to be freaking out with excitement. I wonder how they reacted to Regis or the Pickle?

laughn...I usually don;t have problems with fans that have a different view of Clay and I certainly understand that not everyone will love what Clay does. But I do get pissed when some people try to push their view of Clay on others...or when they even go on some kind of campaign or crusade on his behalf based on their narrow perception of who he is.

I do agree. I don't like people who keep pushing, no matter what, until you 'see things their way'...yeah, pains in the asses, the lot of them.

And I also think you're right about the people who put him on the pedestal. The thing about the perception of 'perfect Clay'...you are bound to be disappointed at some point. Nobody is perfect. Therefore they're setting him up for failure to start with.

I'd rather be the fan of a very humanly flawed wonderful smart singer man. He has a kind heart and a good mind. He's got the pipes...and oh yeah, he's easy on the eyes. [understatement]

..which reminds me to tell cha cha 'thank you' for the beautiful wallpaper... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Just a few days to Fifth Grader. Can't wait to see this...and I pray my dorky butt isn't on TV.

Have you seen yourself on any of the commercials for the show? I've only seen one picture of you so the sign will help the recognization factor. :lilredani:

Did you ever tell your mother that you were moving across three ponds to Baku?

Well, Toots, I did tell my mother and my mother-in-law. The M-I-L isn’t talking to me right now because I am heartless and uncaring…..her description of us since we don’t live in the town we grew up in. I kid you not. It’s kind of funny that we have lived only 5 of our 25 married years back in the town we grew up in….so I guess I never really knew how heartless I was all along. Anyway, John had to deal with her when he was back home getting his passport renewed, she kept trying to pick a fight….and so it goes. Whatever….I’m heartless.

I just hope this doesn’t make the TV or the news back home.

Yikes!

AND

Ditto

This is the view from the master bedroom window.

The US Embassy is one of those houses. Oh, and the final copy of the lease contract on that house with the view arrived today for signature.

Oh Crap..... :woman::hangin: You may be heartless and uncaring(TM MIL) but you are one brave broad!

I think the best way to enjoy him is to just wait and see what aspect of his personality he chooses to reveal next....Its like a long striptease...

Dang, Ansa....you realize that this imagery is going to haunt me deliciously all freakin' day long as I try to be productive here at work?

a slow striptease by Clay?

gah. that snarky, funny, hawt man would be soooooo naughty doing a striptease, wouldn't he? yeah. he'd have so much fun SEEMINGLY trying to downplay the sexy, but he'd know the whole time how freakin' HAWT he was and he'd just...

R.I.P. Muski. :Thud:

PS...Couchie...work is killing me but you'd better believe I'll be watching AYSTAFG! Even if it means I have to get in to the office by 6:30 instead of 7:30 that morning!

:clap: to the delurkers the last couple days!!

Hey I'm half angelwingy myself and proud of it. I think it's all in the definition and everybody might have a different one. Laughn I agree that everybody can enjoy Clay in any way they want so I loved the fact that there were different boards with different points of view reaching different audiences. Pedestals though are impossible for anyone to stay on. I liked that Clay wrote in his book that if he had a halo it would be crooked. I also think he talked about his temper a lot to show he was not this perfect person. Like I always say..he's a person that tries. That's all any of us can do.

Ok this working from home stuff is a trip. You think..hey..I'm just at home, sitting at my computer..another hour or two won't hurt. But I guess it's not the same as sitting around watching tv or yakking it up because I'm now extremely exhausted in the morning. I guess I should dial it back a bit. NBA starts tonight..whoo hooo.

Hey I'm half angelwingy myself and proud of it. I think it's all in the definition and everybody might have a different one.

I think I am too...and part smutter, and part big sister who wants to whup the ass of the next bully that gives him a hard time. That one is instinct. I fight that. It's not necessary or wanted, I'm sure.

I think for me personally the reason all the different opinions seem fine is because I've worked in a museum setting for the last 16 years. I know there can be a group of 10 people standing in front of a Matisse and each one will have a different response and different comment. It's expected. And just because you like the Warhol but not the Picasso like your friend doesn't make either one of you right or wrong. As for critics like that Roger guy yesterday..? Meh. Van Gogh was panned by the critics, yet I stand in front of his work and it can bring me to tears. It's art, and Clay Aiken has always seemed like a work of art to me.

:threadkiller::whistling-1:

I think for me personally the reason all the different opinions seem fine is because I've worked in a museum setting for the last 16 years. I know there can be a group of 10 people standing in front of a Matisse and each one will have a different response and different comment. It's expected. And just because you like the Warhol but not the Picasso like your friend doesn't make either one of you right or wrong. As for critics like that Roger guy yesterday..? Meh. Van Gogh was panned by the critics, yet I stand in front of his work and it can bring me to tears. It's art, and Clay Aiken has always seemed like a work of art to me.

laughn... very good points you make, especially the last one! He is a work of art. :Thud:

Warning... philosophical meanderings following....

I have been on this ride for almost 5 years. I have watched this man unfold (down, muski, down). He is such an interesting man, with so many layers. Haven't found one yet that I'm not fascinated by.

I try to imagine what his life would have been like if he had not gotten on AI. Somehow, I think he still would have been pushing himself to his limits and beyond. He is one who wants to right wrongs and I think he would have been lobbying for the disabled even without his stardom.

Like Clay, I, myself, had abusive parents and like so many that do, I just survived. My method was to closely watch the people I wanted to be like and copy them. I survived, but it has taken me years to figure out who I am, not who I think I need to be to be loved and accepted.

Clay made a conscious decision what kind of person he was going to be... the opposite of those who abused him.

We both had bullies that made our lives hell. I learned to be invisible (heehee)

Clay learned that being his quirky self was the best way out of that hellhole and that not everyone was ever going to like him.

Smart man!!!

I have learned so much from Clay in these 5 years. Not the least of which is to accept myself just the way I am, while still working to improve what I don't like in myself. He's a great teacher!

He has made such a positive difference in my life and I will love him forever for that reason alone, no matter what he does with the rest of his life... but, boy do I look forward to seeing what that is. One thing I know for sure... it will not be boring!

Awww liney, so sorry you had to go thru the hell that no child should ever have to face. It's a strong person who can pull through that crap and come out the other side, better and braver. :F_05BL17blowkiss: You and Clay, baby!

couchie, do you like your new job? What kind of performance parameters do you have?

I have no wings, angel or otherwise. His performances on AI just snagged me in and I've been a fan ever since and I've always been glad that he wasn't an angel because he is just too sexy to be pure. :lipstick:

Well, I sent off my little story to Clay. Nothing funny or sad or heartbreaking, just a memory. I felt compelled to send it to the Red Bank concert since it takes place in Middletown, where we used to live, just across the crick from Red Bank.

I loved that house and I loved the area, too bad we felt compelled to eat and have electricity. It was a bad time for jobs on Wall Street. This isn't the story by the way.

I can just see Clay reading my story and saying this woman must have been an accountant, cause she sure can't write worth a lick.

I've been looking at things to do in LV. Has anyone ever gotten that day pass for several attractions? It gets you into the amusement area but can't tell if it includes rides. Wonder if there are any places for arcade games. I'm a fool for skee ball and pokerino. Maybe playbiller and I can do this in Jersey. The pass does seem to include the wax museum and Liberace musueum as well as the Belagio art museum.

Don't consider myself an angel winger either, but I do have my prudish side and there are times the smut is a little over the top for me; but then I just take myself off the boards for a while.

I have been told on more than one occasion that I force my opinions on people...kind of suprised me...I do have strong opinions on things and tact is not always my friend, but I don't think I have ever come across as "its my way or the highway"; I hope if I ever do, you all will tell me.

There always seems to be two responses to anything that happens in Clayland, the emotional one with hair pulling and breast-beating and the logical one...being a Virgo, I always go for the common sense approach...beats the heck out of conspiracy theories and painting Clay as the perpetual victim. Annoys me to no end when some fans treat Clay like he is still that 10 year-old boy on the playground being picked on by the bullies.

Picked up a videotape today for 5th grader...they sure are getting hard to find...I am guessing that they will probably have Clay on in the second hour.

Beautiful here in the Midwest, 60's, blue sky and the leaves are finally turning.

Kim