# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

You have timeframes for trick or treaters??

Absolutely, and while my city always has trick or treat on Halloween the same time, some of the smaller communities in the area do it at different times and days. The newpaper has a had a section with a list every day for the last week or so.

eta: Drats! Got distracted by the little goblins and ended up at the top of the page! halloween_2.gif

BTW, Spiderman apparently didn't "go" before he left the house, so his mom is helping him pee out by the street in front of my house. Nice....

:cryingwlaughter: My daughter just came home and was all excited to tell me that Clay was going to be on 5th grader...she really thought she had a scoop! Felt kind of bad telling her I already knew!

Kim

IN our neighborhood, there's a little shopping area (we call it a 'landing'---quaint, eh?)...and each Halloween, all the stores open their doors and welcome trick or treaters---not sure what time. It started as a 'safe' way to have kids trick or treat; stores offer free cups of punch, and of course free treats; employees dress up in costume, etc...right next to this little group of stores is a community church and it always has games and activities in its yard for the little ones.

It's pretty cool..I think it's over by 7:30 or so...then it's the older kids who plague the streets. Our front door opens to a courtyard (We live in a condominum/townhouse development) and my kids have always complained that the people who live around our courtyard are fuddy duddies. I think there are more settled couples or older people than families with lots of kids, so we don't usually see a lot of trick or treaters.

Since Carrie's grounded through Thanksgiving, however, she won't be going out tonight. We told her she could instead hang with us and give out candy to those kids who came to our house and rang the bell.

She just gave me a look to kill and said, "Well, I'm SURE not going to do THAT!" :waiting:

:cryingwlaughter:

Poor kid. We do so mistreat her, you know? :rolleyes::P Actually, a friend invited her to go with her and her family to Disneyland right after Thanksgiving. Perfect! We've sat down and together created a 'contract' between her and us that explicitly states the expectations she must meet between now and then in order to go, with the understanding that upon her return those behaviors are still expected to become "STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE" .....

Let's see: which is more stressful and exhausting? My job at the office or my job at home? :8:

Saw this at CH:

Palm Beach Post

Sabrina Goes Home in 'Dancing's Shocking Elimination

When producers let viewers vote, shocking eliminations happen. And that's just how the networks want it. Would you watch the same predictable show every week? Probably not. Shows like American Idol and Dancing with the Stars are nothing more than big, fat popularity contests. The best contestant or star doesn't always win, but the most popular one usually does.

Except if your name is Clay Aiken.

I like this one!

IN our neighborhood, there's a little shopping area (we call it a 'landing'---quaint, eh?)...and each Halloween, all the stores open their doors and welcome trick or treaters---not sure what time. It started as a 'safe' way to have kids trick or treat; stores offer free cups of punch, and of course free treats; employees dress up in costume, etc...right next to this little group of stores is a community church and it always has games and activities in its yard for the little ones.

Hopefully all of the free treats didn't fall off the shelves in the landing last night. :cry4: Guess Carrie knows you are serious about things this time. :blink: :glare: :angry:

Hey muski, have you ever heard of the "card" system for behavior? I work with kids who are behaviorally disordered and it works like a dream. A Dr. Johnson developed it but I "embellished" it. It takes out all of that emotional stuff and keeps you from inadvertently getting into a power struggle.

I know this is going to sound bizarre, but, is that quote about Sabrina being booted a good one? It seems I'm struggling with what it means.

Too many Snickers!

ETA: never mind...I finally got it. A small blonde moment there.

Despite my trying to avoid eating those addictive things, candy corn, a friend gave me some today and they are as good as ever. Of course it's only been a few weeks since I bought a bag of them for myself.

I love candy corn, too! So much that I don't dare buy a bag for myself. They'd be gone in no time, and all of those calories would be baaaad news.

I generally stay out of the promotion discussions and the constant re-hashing of what did or did not happen with ATDW...I figure we will never really know what happened and it has become a real dead-horse issue to me. It is what it is and now it is time to move on to what comes next!

Biggest pet peeve ever is those posters who make it their mission to bring every piece of negative claptrap out there to the boards; it does nothing to facilitate a good discussion and always leads to hand-wringing and breast-beating and angsting. It is almost laughable how obvious they are and then when you call them on it, they deny, deny, deny. Yeah, I have gotten ticked off enough that I have sent off PM's..not the smartest thing to do, but it made me feel better. Now I just ignore and scroll as fast as I can.

Kim

I like your approach, aikim! I generally don't reply to negative discussion about promotion, Clive, RCA, the direction of Clay's career, tabloids, gnats or whatever the latest angsty thing is. I find that replying just reinforces the negativity, sort of like encouraging it by giving it a hit. I don't need angst in my life, so I pretty much just ignore it. Now, if we are havng a rational, intelligent discussion here, that's different. Discussions here are more enlightening and interesting, without the extreme emotional reactions. {{{{{FCA}}}}}}

Had a blast today. One of the professors, a corpulent man, came dressed as Fairy Godmother and was granting wishes. I've laughed too hard. He's such a character.

BWAH!! It's great when people don't take themselves too seriously.

*snip*

Poor kid. We do so mistreat her, you know? :rolleyes::P Actually, a friend invited her to go with her and her family to Disneyland right after Thanksgiving. Perfect! We've sat down and together created a 'contract' between her and us that explicitly states the expectations she must meet between now and then in order to go, with the understanding that upon her return those behaviors are still expected to become "STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE" .....

Let's see: which is more stressful and exhausting? My job at the office or my job at home? :8:

We have the same thing here, Muski! It's called Trick or Treat Street, and my younger daughter loves it. She gets quite a haul of candy without too much walking. Pretty lazy, if you ask me! :)

And we've done those contract things, too. It's GREAT when kids have something they really want, because they then have motivation to change their behavior to get it. I hope Carrie will fulfill her contract!

Wow, Toots, you really like your state! That's cool. It's good to be happy with where you live.

:freezing:

zena is shivering all over.... it's freaking snowing at my house. :angry:

zena contemplates the advantage of falling down glaciers to being 'shaken up' by seismic forces. Nasty weather..... grrrrrr....

I've been missing in action the last few days at FCA, and I could sure do with a few laughs. I just walked in the door and my DH tells me we are getting company tomorrow evening. :jaw: I am really regretting "lending" my VCR to my kids.

And apparently Manitoba doesn't have Honeycrisp apples here either! :crying1:

Life is just not fair. If Clay and Honeycrisp apples were promoted properly they would be available to everyone who wants them;even to those who don't know they want them. Yeah, and snow and earthquakes should be distributed evenly. What's up with that anyway? I need to talk to whoever's in charge. Anyone have a number I can call, or an email address or something? :witchhunt::lol2:

{{{{{Idyjocelyn}}}}}

Aw, Muskifest, hang in there..... :console:

I so need a nap. Supper? What supper? DH can eat chocolate bars.

......back after midnight to suck your blood...... :nanascary:What? :evillaugh:

:snowing2:

You have timeframes for trick or treaters??

BTW, Spiderman apparently didn't "go" before he left the house, so his mom is helping him pee out by the street in front of my house. Nice....

See, YSRN...it's not just me. :P

No one even rang my doorbell tonight...my little dog just sits in front of the door and when he sees someone coming he wags his tail and I know. hee.

bottlecap... :cryingwlaughter:

Well, I have shut my door and turned off my outside light. Must have had 250 of the little devils tonight! They started coming around 5:30 when it was still fully light out. I had to put the dog in her crate, she would not stop freaking out and she was scaring them. Not that there is anything scary about a 12 pound little pug......

I remember the card system! I used it when my kids were little, and I swore by it. Really helped to diffuse emotional situations.

Veerd... it gets dark, kids trick or treat until the porch lights go off. Simple. :lol:

Happy Halloween, peeps! I'm off to stalk little kids and steal their candy. Muahaha! hallween2.gif

These are the little pumpkins I grew this year. They were all volunteers. Freebie pumpkins... you can't beat that! Right after I took this, one of the dogs decided to carve them with her teeth!

1810418461_12dec76cbb.jpg

Poor zena.....snow AND no honeycrisps?!? :( Ok, so maybe that IS why I live in California. Crispocity is key! Heh, love that new word. And yeah, I love me some tangy sweet honeycrisps!

First of all (((ldyJ and hubby))) take care...

back from trick or treat with my little Lion. I think that was the best costume Cait ever had cos it kept her warm and she was just too cute...we walked all around this subdivision and Cait was such a trooper. We went with another little boy with DS and his mom my BFF...it was fun until the little boy's sisters and their friends joined us...that was so stressful and chaotic.

We got home and the Cait went straight to bed...no eating candies, she was just too pooped.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone...

post-2-1193880550_thumb.jpg

my little cait

post-2-1193880604_thumb.jpg

cait with MIL's dog...

I'm sitting here in the dining room waiting for kids. The first two just arrived. I'm pissed out of my mind because I purposely got no candy that I like so I wouldn't eat any.

What in the hell was I thinking?????!!

Well, two more kids showed up to bring our treat or treater total to a whopping five! We let the last two just take a handful out of the bowl, better they eat the candy than me!

Kim

By the way....I was upstairs sitting on the toilet when the earthquake hit... I could only calmly watch my clothes swaying from their hangars in the closet nearby and wait it out....I couldn't really get up at the time to move to a safer place under a doorframe, you see.

You add some blinking Chirstmas lights and a Hawaiian-shirted Santa to that scenario, and I think you've got yourself a prize-winning Holiday story there...

:cryingwlaughter: :lmaosmiley-1: :lmaosmiley-1:

OMG, I like to died, Ethel! :cryingwlaughter:

Just turned the porch light off at about 8:30. We had about 100-125'a the little suckers and 10 or 20 older ones. They're WAY more polite here than they are in Calgary! Sure nice to see. There were some really cutie-patootie costumes, I wish I'd thought to fire up the camera....and one about 13-yr old whose Mom had done his Dracula makeup. She has a future with Dreamworks, I tell ya! It was amazing!!

Zena, PLEEEEEEEEZ keep that crap there! We dont want it!! It was pretty decent tonight for the TnT'ers, about 10 above (ie, 40 F) but really windy.

ldyj and family my condolences...I'm so happy for you that you got to see her last week!

Anyone for a miniature Oh Henry??? :lol:

Forgot to add...you folks with the Honeycrisps still available are making me jealous! :cry4: They're all gone here...in fact the last 3 or 4 I had were not good. They were obviously storage from last year. Ewwwwwwww!!!! Bitter and "alum-y".

I'm sitting here in the dining room waiting for kids. The first two just arrived. I'm pissed out of my mind because I purposely got no candy that I like so I wouldn't eat any.

What in the hell was I thinking?????!!

Aw, wanda, your waistline will thank you later. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

So, for Fifth Grader tomorrow: Where do we go to talk about the show when it comes on? Are we posting here, or do we go back into the spoiler thread?

:drink: And do we all do a shot when we see Couchie in the audience with her sparkly i.gifth_heart_beating.gifc.gifl.gifa.gify.gif sign?

I think the shot idea is an excellent one! Heeeee.

I just took my 13-year old trick or treating. She's sorting through her candy right now. I'm happy that she wanted to go with me - even asked me politely to go with her! Of course, I wouldn't let her go by herself, but it's really nice to be asked by a teenager who's usually grouchy and withdrawn.

Some of the houses were really decorated for Halloween. One house even had a scary soundtrack and a fog machine! We just had a few pumpkin lights and two pumpkins that we carved last night, with candles inside. Anymore it's rare to see real pumpkins - a lot of people around here just use the fake plug-in ones.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone...

post-2-1193880550_thumb.jpg

my little cait

post-2-1193880604_thumb.jpg

cait with MIL's dog...

These are showing as attachments, and when I click to open them I just get an error page, which tells me I might need to log in, but I am already logged in and it doesn't give me that option. What am I doing wrong?

Life is just not fair. If Clay and Honeycrisp apples were promoted properly they would be available to everyone who wants them;even to those who don't know they want them. Yeah, and snow and earthquakes should be distributed evenly. What's up with that anyway? I need to talk to whoever's in charge. Anyone have a number I can call, or an email address or something? :witchhunt::lol2:

Okay, you are all really just tricking me tonight, right? You're just pretending you are actually taking me seriously here? :clown_4:

See above quote of zena's brand of humour.

ACK....even my jokes aren't funny; i guess they lack at little "crispiosity" (tm YSRN)or or something.... :tongue57:

So what can I talk about? Hmmmm. Vegas Nope; already made the mistake of going to that thread and going green with envy. :yapyapyapf:

Christmas concerts? Minneapolis; December 19th, 20th, Tickets: check. Flight: check Hotel: check Suitcase packed: check. Nothing more here.

But then there's always the :golf: .....lots of room for discussin here i think....:whistling-1:

what with all the woods swinging and the clubs, balls, holes, oh my goodness :blush: , no wonder Clay doesn't play golf.

I better write an email to Kristy right now and tell BAF I don't think this is a good idea at all.

Gosh, maybe Clay will even read it at Golfing for Inclusion in January. Wouldn't that be just awesome?

:2:

:cryingwlaughter: I just got these from my granddaughter, so I have to boast! Scrolling and eye-rolling is allowed!

My great-grandson Keigan, his first Hallowe'en, in the costume GG bought him. He's almost 4 mos. old.

KEIGAN39S1STHALLOWEEN003-2.jpg

My granddaughter (Mom) and baby Keigan

KEIGAN39S1STHALLOWEEN007.jpg

...and my son, the proud Grandpa

KEIGANS1STHALLOWEEN015.jpg

{{{{Ldyj and Mr. Ldyj}}}} I am so sorry. Please tell your hubby that a lot of crazy Clay fans send him their love. And of course, I send you mine - big time!

I read before I left work and was going to post but had some obligations to take care of and since I just got home, I now cannot remember what I was going to say!

I know I was going to say how happy I am the the Bay Area Babes are all ok! Some of my very favorite people in this fandom are in that area! Wouldn't want anything to happen to my dear muski, couchie and, of course, my twin YSRN!

Muski, your story of where you were at the time the earth moved CMSU! :cryingwlaughter:

Now what else???

Oh yeah. I KNOW I wanted to WORD JennaZ! Again.....

I bought some organic Honey Crisp apples! Haven't tried them yet, but I saw them and felt compelled as a member of FCA to buy them.

So, for Fifth Grader tomorrow: Where do we go to talk about the show when it comes on? Are we posting here, or do we go back into the spoiler thread?

:drink: And do we all do a shot when we see Couchie in the audience with her sparkly i.gifth_heart_beating.gifc.gifl.gifa.gify.gif sign?

BWAH! A shot when we see couchie sounds like a great idea!

I am sooooooo looking forward to tomorrow - bad bangs and all!