# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

Hee, I just spent a half hour exploring that FOX Clay Files site and watching all the videos. I have to say that that is the clearest I have ever seen the national anthem clip. I didn't remember that he had a yammy face before he sang. And how cute is the weather man clip? And, of course, the AYSTAFG clips have me all excited for tonight.

Cute pictures, hugs all around, but couchie, your post is doing the same thing as ansa's - bringing the picture in as an attachment, which it won't allow me to open.

On my way out to work this morning...no time to take care of this..

but is this problem only with luckiest or with other people??? Need to know if its because of some setting difference...can a mod check if they have the same problem???

Can someone also try to do an attachment so I can see if happens to others.

thanks

Good Morning Everyone,

Tonights the night! Clay on AYSTAFG!

5 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

25 Days until The Christmas Tour Begins!

51 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

54 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

67 Days until THE BAF Golf Outing!

78 Days until Clay is on Broadway!

Everyone have a great day

Kim

Hee, I just spent a half hour exploring that FOX Clay Files site and watching all the videos. I have to say that that is the clearest I have ever seen the national anthem clip. I didn't remember that he had a yammy face before he sang. And how cute is the weather man clip? And, of course, the AYSTAFG clips have me all excited for tonight.

Cute pictures, hugs all around, but couchie, your post is doing the same thing as ansa's - bringing the picture in as an attachment, which it won't allow me to open.

but is this problem only with luckiest or with other people??? Need to know if its because of some setting difference...can a mod check if they have the same problem???

thanks

Same for me - kicks me to a log-in page

thanks

It happens to me too...I get an FCA logon screen when I try to access it.

Thanks so much for the link to Fox50's Clay pics and videos! That was SUCH fun to look through!

...and thanks for all the comments on my little penguin's pics...unfortunately, those sweetcheeks remain unkissed by me as he lives on the other side of the country. December, though....watch out! :lol:

thanks

FYI ansa, this is also happening on my home computer, the one that usually has no FCA issues, not just my work computer (which I can't stay logged in on to save my life).

:cry4:

I hate to be the odd man out, but I can click on Couchie and Ansa's pictures and they open without a problem.

V.V. cute kids, BTW. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: However, when I signed out and tried to look at the pictures as a "Guest", the thumbnails I can see as a "Mod" were replaced by links that I couldn't open - I got tossed to the sign on page. So it may be a "Mod / Admin" setting issue after all.

Perhaps the ability to do an 'attachment' is also a mod thing. I can't see any option for it on my reply screen.

Well that's it. Everyone will be mods before the end of the day :cryingwlaughter:

Oops sorry Cindilu...for almost giving you a new family member. Here's my neice in her halloween costume.

ETA cuz what the hell is a halloweed. heh.

alex.JPG

Re: the posted pictures.

They show up for me as something downloadable.

Is that how you're supposed to see them?

Were they for download only and not just visible?

I didn't click on them because I didn't want to download an unknown quantity.

Don't know if this additional info will help.

???

:)

Re: the posted pictures.

They show up for me as something downloadable.

Is that how you're supposed to see them?

Were they for download only and not just visible?

I didn't click on them because I didn't want to download an unknown quantity.

Don't know if this additional info will help.

???

:)

We'll look into it. This used to be just a normal function for all so perhaps it's the settings. It's supoosed to be just a screencap that you can click on to make it bigger. That was a way to add pictures directly from your computer rather than uploading to a website.

Thanks for reposting the picture of your niece, couchie. It came through as normal, not as an attachment. Very cute!

Hee, my 16-year-old got it in his head last night that he needed to go out and trick or treat. Since he looks young for his age, I figured what the heck, as long as he found a costume. So he ended up combining a really OTT purple "pimp" hat from years gone by, my grandmother's cane (his remembrance of her), his brother's suit jacket (don't tell him) and his grade 8 graduation orange striped tie. Made quite the statement! I took a picture but can't link it until later.

Have y'all ever mixed peanuts with candy corn? Best.treat.EVAH.

Hee, Do they call those Corn Nuts? How do you get a candy corn with nuts? :hubbahubba: Boy, does that leave the door open for some good old smut....tell us and we'll have a new obsession to replace the HoneyCrisp apples.

Jackson Browne, Glen Frey on the piano, Don Henley and Joe Walsh on the guitar? I don't think I knew Glen Frey played the piano. Not sure about the drums. I love me some Eagles, never get tired on their music!

Zena, just think about how good you're going to feel when the company is gone. :drink::drink::juul: :15:

couchie, your neice is adorable. Are those her real braids? I'll bet she had the bestest outfit of all the trick or treaters last night.

I tried Mozilla and IE and neither would open your pictures ansa.

I didn't want to download an unknown quantity
You know, Cotton, I'm sure you're nto a smutter, but danged if this doesn't ITCH for commentary! :cryingwlaughter:

Great pics, all you proud relatives of cuties! :clap:

Couchie, I hear ya...obviously, I was in a state of denial when I invited you to join me in front of the teevee tonight for Clay...It's gonna be a race for ME to get there from work! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

According to Toni Tennille in her blog,

Now.... for all of you “Claymates” out there who might happen to read this..... I never saw Clay Aiken backstage. He wasn’t there for the finale, THAT’S WHEN THE MUSIC TAKES ME, and he didn’t attend the afterparty. In fact, I never saw him at all!!! He drifted in and out of the proceedings like a ghost... almost like he was “beamed” in and out of the theatre. Becky and I sneaked out into the stage right balcony to hear him sing SOLITAIRE, and he sang the heck out of it! And I got such a kick out of the screams of excitement when he appeared on stage, and when he held that four-measure, fortissimo note (“Sol-i-TAIRE!!!!!”) in the middle of the song..... the audience went bananas just like all the young girls who screamed for Sinatra and the Beatles! His fans, who appear to be mostly female, absolutely adore him. What a phenomenon. I’m so out of it, I had no idea how huge he is.

Er...obviously, Ms. Tennille, you haven't seen many pictures of Mr. Aiken. :hubbahubba:

And don't you love how she said he seemed to have been "beamed" in and out of the theatre? Reminds me of his AI5 Finale M.O., you know? all secretive and whatnot....just BE there, knock everybody's socks (and in fantasies, many women's panties) off, and then

POOF!

Gone! until the next time he steals the show..., which I would not be surprised is part of the reason Clay did this type of entrance and exit at the Sedaka tribute. It was supposed to be all about Sedaka, not Clay or his 'enthusiastic' followers.

ETA: Just found out that the bolded part in Toni Tennille's blog about the long Solitaire note was actually a link to bigappleforclay's YouTube video of Clay's performance that night! Cool! Maybe Toni's 'one of us' now... :cryingwlaughter:

Here's a 1974 Jackson Browne performance. See if you recognize those guys in the backup band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSBWEjHDMH0

How cool is that? The camera work is interesting too--focussed on the music rather than personalities. Imagine that!

I've ordered the Jackson Browne album, the Alvin Lee blues album (with George Harrison), and am eagerly awaiting the new Eagles album as well. YAY for some new sounds coming.

Well, I love me some corn nuts...crunchy little devils...but I also like salted peanuts mixed with candy corn...it's a cheap alternative to a salted nut roll...basically cause it makes a huge bowl of the stuff.

Speaking of nuts, have you guys ever smelled moth balls?

If you have, how'd you get their tiny little legs open? :cryingwlaughter: Thank yewwwww, thank yewwwwww, I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waiters. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well, I love me some corn nuts...crunchy little devils...but I also like salted peanuts mixed with candy corn...it's a cheap alternative to a salted nut roll...basically cause it makes a huge bowl of the stuff.

Speaking of nuts, have you guys ever smelled moth balls?]

Salted peanuts mixed with candy corn.......hmmmmmmmmm now that's worth a try. Good joke jumpingjacks, little moth legs open indeed! :cryingwlaughter:

couchie, your neice is adorable. Are those her real braids? I'll bet she had the bestest outfit of all the trick or treaters last night.

I tried Mozilla and IE and neither would open your pictures ansa.

Oh that was her school Halloween costume. She had a different one for trick or treating. heee. For school they had to be a person and say their little speech about their person. Yes that's her hair..it goes to her butt and she likes it "down." And yes she's adorable but when she was born I described her as "interesting" looking heh. Her brother was the most gorgeous baby EVAH. Speaking of which, her brother was Joaquin Murietta and he made his mom call me to verify that it was NOT pronounced JOE KIN.

honeycrisp vs this nasty new snack with candy corn? we need a razz battle :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

ETA this is the neice that saw my mom fold clay tshirt after tshirt after tshirt after night gown and she asked "does she have him on her underwear too?" Nope honey..never bought the thong LOL.

Catching up...

Loved the Captain & Tenneille - but I always was a pop music lover. Her blog was excessive cute, especially the horrors of the cost of room service!

jumpingjacks, that was just wrong on so many levels - that's why I loved it so!

I have a powerful urge to send my boss on a one way trip to Antarctica.

Clay tonight!

Speaking of nuts, have you guys ever smelled moth balls?

If you have, how'd you get their tiny little legs open? :cryingwlaughter: Thank yewwwww, thank yewwwwww, I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waiters. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

BWAH! BWAH! BWAH! :naughtywag: :lmaosmiley-1: :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Heh, Colbert's campaign ponied up the money to get on the ballot in SC! Is it so very wrong to want to have a Clay Aiken/Stephen Colbert ticket? Yeah, I know it would be illegal and stuff (man, age limits suck! And anyway Clay should be president) - but I would still vote for it! And think of how much money the country could save! Clay could sing at all the inaugural events! Though I think he would make them play the theme to "West Wing" instead of "Hail to the Chief". Hmmmm. That might be a good change...