# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

Well, I love me some corn nuts...crunchy little devils...but I also like salted peanuts mixed with candy corn...it's a cheap alternative to a salted nut roll...basically cause it makes a huge bowl of the stuff.

Speaking of nuts, have you guys ever smelled moth balls?

If you have, how'd you get their tiny little legs open? :cryingwlaughter: Thank yewwwww, thank yewwwwww, I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waiters. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Good Lord, woman! What on earth did you drink for breakfast? :cryingwlaughter:

Couchie, you little niece is adorable! What a beautiful smile, and those eyes!

Most of the little girls around here trick or treat dressed up like baby streetwalkers or worse. Seriously, it's so refreshing to see a child dressed like a child for Halloween instead of a sexy devil, or a sexy clown, or a sexy 'fill in the blank'. When did people ever get the idea that it was ok to sex up their 7-year-old and parade them around town?

[/end annual Halloween rant]

Here's a 1974 Jackson Browne performance. See if you recognize those guys in the backup band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSBWEjHDMH0

How cool is that? The camera work is interesting too--focussed on the music rather than personalities. Imagine that!

I've ordered the Jackson Browne album, the Alvin Lee blues album (with George Harrison), and am eagerly awaiting the new Eagles album as well. YAY for some new sounds coming.

Didn't Jackson Browne get a little rough (beat) Darryl Hannah back in the day when they were BF & GF? Thought I remembered reading something about that incident or those incidents. Somehow I thought the Eagles album was already out...when will it be available.

Heh, Colbert's campaign ponied up the money to get on the ballot in SC! Is it so very wrong to want to have a Clay Aiken/Stephen Colbert ticket? Yeah, I know it would be illegal and stuff (man, age limits suck! And anyway Clay should be president) - but I would still vote for it! And think of how much money the country could save! Clay could sing at all the inaugural events! Though I think he would make them play the theme to "West Wing" instead of "Hail to the Chief". Hmmmm. That might be a good change...

I can't believe Colbert is really serious about this but it seems he may be willing to go all the way...wonder if Quiana will vote for him? And they say we Californian's are the odd ones! Well come to think of it that may be true :wub: . Colbert says his children are not allowed to watch him on TV and they know nothing about his show. I think they may be curious about this little escapade. I also don't think it's too far fetched to think that Clay may someday run for public office. He's a brainiac! :PickMe-1: And so damn cute :hubbahubba:

Jeez BW, don't you live in Missouri and isn't that the bible belt or somewhere close? Dressing little girls up to look like streetwalkers is just criminal but I'll betcha they do that everywhere. Since Britney Spears is probably the most watched and googled celebrity, young ones want to emulate her...sad so sad!

I like to edit because it doesn't count against my post ho'ing. I came back to ask if anyone has seen Woolovereyes around here lately. Hope she's o.k.

Couchie, your niece is so cute. She looks happy enough in her costume. Reminds me of my daughter when she was a little indian girl in the Peter Pan School play. I had to improvised her braids since her hair was not long enough to braid. Heh.

Honey crisp apples, they are yummuy. I love crispy and sweet apples. These suckers are expensive. I paid a dollar for each of them. But I enjoyed every last bite. Better than the apples I bought cheap but ended up rotting in my fridge. They are "just not good" TM ClayAiken.

Heh, Colbert's campaign ponied up the money to get on the ballot in SC! Is it so very wrong to want to have a Clay Aiken/Stephen Colbert ticket? Yeah, I know it would be illegal and stuff (man, age limits suck! And anyway Clay should be president) - but I would still vote for it! And think of how much money the country could save! Clay could sing at all the inaugural events! Though I think he would make them play the theme to "West Wing" instead of "Hail to the Chief". Hmmmm. That might be a good change...

I think Jane Fonda would be his running "mate" -- Colbert and Fonda

She scared the crap out of Stephen that night! This was a few months after he had the "cooking" show with Jane Fonda and Gloria Steinem and wore an apron that said "Kiss The Cook" -- Jane Fonda was kissing all over him that night too. Colbert's presidential run reminds me of the 1968 Pat Paulsen campaign when his slogan was ... "I've upped my standards, now up yours."

In 1974, the Eagles were Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, Randy Meisner and Don Felder. Joe Walsh replaced Bernie in 1976. But enough about the Eagles ... here's what I'm talking about:

15Greek-1-1.jpg

182223998-L.jpg

Picture278_fsn.jpg

Picture276_fsn.jpg

Picture164_fsn.jpg

I was just invited to a country club dinner tonight. First, I detest these things and will clutch at any available excuse to decline such invitations ... but when I did say "No, I'm not available tonight," the Inviter (sort of like the Decider, but with brains and a conscience) stood there waiting for some kind of explanation. What was I going to say? .. "Sorry I can't make it, but I have to run home tonight to watch Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader." No, that wouldn't have gone over. So my reasons for not going are "personal." Yes, baby, very personal.

Hi all...haven't been able to catch up yet.

I worked on checking out the many technical problems with the attachment and flood control.

I made several changes on the members permission set. I think the problem was there was a limit to the size of the posts that members can open. I think the attachments were a bit big so you were not able to open them. I changed that limit now...you have the same limits as the mods.

I also allowed for uploading so that means you should be able to do attachments.

Now I need to test this...so can people try and open the attachments Couchie and I did and see if you are having problems??

Can someone also try and upload an attachment?

thanks...now to catch up...

I need to feel like smiling.... :cry4:

ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Now...let's see....I need an attitude adjustment hour:

:spit: :trink3: :bier: :voll: :00000462: :goaround::drinking34:

OH...and to all the people who are making these last days before the conference a living hell:

:mockery-046:

Ok...I feel better now... :DoClay:

I'm sorry, I have to interrupt this discussion to

Eeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh!!!!

I just heard the (audio version) of the promo to AYSTAFG!!!! ON THE RADIO!! IN TORONTO, CANADA!!! ON MIXFM 99.9

:wub::dancingpickle: :04: :00000442:

I like to drove off the dam road! My boyfriend! Speaking to me, saying "Don't let me down now, I lost once already!"...........on MY radio! In Toronto, did I mention that? TORONTO.....CANADA!! :believeitornot:

looks up and squints hard....nope....no pork flying either!!

:backtotopic:

Couch - I've been meaning to tell you how cute your little Pocahontas is!!!

(I'm assuming she was Pocahontas and not Sacajeweah. :)

How did her report go?

One of our 4th grade teachers used to have "Biography Month" (not what she called it). They had to check out biographies from the library. (That's where I came in.) Then at the end of the month they had to "become" the subject of their biography in a "Living History Museum" for the students in the other classes. Costume, info board and speech. It was very cool and most of the kids really got into it.

SOON!!!

:)

Ansa, the attachments came back as little pictures and I was able to enlarge them. Your little Cait is so pretty and I'll just bet that doggie protects her with his life. When you have time, I asked you a question in the family matters thread.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I've programmed my DVR cuz I'm going to be 10 minutes late. The TV guide for next week says Tony Hawk will be on next Thursday. Do you think they are doing this in order of who answered the most questions and won the most money?

I think Jon, Clay and Steven should all serve as president at the same time, sort of a threesome if you will. They could exchange days or situations, say Clay could take the humanitarian part and sing when speaking, Jon could take the economy and Steven could preen as needed. Press conferences would be a hoot, very musical, comedic, and totally watchable. Only drawback would be that there would two less comedians to make fun of the president.

:clap: :clap: :cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

jmh, thank for the info. I'm definitely going to buy it.

Hey did any one else hear that Clay is on TV tonight???? :cryingwlaughter:

If I've nuttin better to do I might watch it! Oh yeah who am I kidding.....the DVD recorder is set......the door is locked ......blinds drawn.....phone off...... answering machine.....on! Did I forget anything?

So are we going to be talking about the show here or is there a separate thread?

Kim

Hey did any one else hear that Clay is on TV tonight???? :cryingwlaughter:

If I've nuttin better to do I might watch it! Oh yeah who am I kidding.....the DVD recorder is set......the door is locked ......blinds drawn.....phone off...... answering machine.....on! Did I forget anything?

Get some peanut butter cookies, if you don't have them a honeycrisp apple will do. Or candy corn. with peanuts or not.