#26: "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• I'm considering running for President!
    • Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!
    • The man's a joy magnet!

Artquest put up a better news clip with more sound and more video of Spam alot I put it in 4shared since it is not in the vault yet. here

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Thank you! If that's the appetizer for my full-course meal in April, I'm starving!!! :onhishead:

Am I the only one hoping for the movie, Spamalot ...the Musical ?

Featuring Clay Aiken as Sir Robin?

:clap:

Still downloading the clip - can't wait to see more pics of Clay in the role!!

SPAMALOT THE MUSICAL?? where do I order!!??

Can someone give me a clue to the CV vault? I'm in there but I don't know where to look for the longer-3-combined download.

~~~~~

We had a fierce ice storm yesterday - it may have been on the news - there were pile-ups all over the place (I stayed home) but this morning we awoke around 6 to the power being out. It just came back!! We (my daughter and I - mrchach is in Orlando - lucky duckee!) are staying home today!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

My friend brought me an article that a friend had clipped out and given her because she thought it was so funny. My friend, recognizing the name Clay Aiken in the New York Magazine article brought it on to me. Here's HER evaluation as a person who listens to opera and news radio, has never gone to a pop concert or read a tabloid in her life: "This article is so funny. He must be a really interesting man."

So.....there you go. A legitimate NJU response to the Huckster article that got so many knickers in knots.

I didn't realize, by the way, that the picture took up a whole page and is sexy in a weird sort of way.

Just wanted to admire my new avatar.

:hubbahubba:

Very niiiiice, ldyj! :roundel: <- - Hey - we need this little guy to be green & white!

Sorry - just a ding dang post ho this morning since we are iced in and the power's back!!

(and it's warm in here again!!!) :cryingwlaughter:

poshpenny from the CH made some good screencaps...

more clack!!!

sendspace of Fox clip from gerwhisp

mp3 of "the idol of my age"

from your busy little postho - me!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

~~~

Just wanted to send a shout out to CarolinaClay for the great feature on her blog

CAROLINA ON MY MIND

thank you!!! :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::hugs-1: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

PS - it looks like some major editing on my page is in order since we now have real pics of Clay in his role!!

:yahoo::yahoo:

I'm kind of freaking out today. I was talking on the phone to my daughter last night while she was navigating the storm home on 95 from Arlington to the Woodbridge, VA area, and she had already been on the road a couple of hours and said it would probably be hours longer. I tried to call her later and she didn't answer her cell. She never answered the rest of the night nor the home phone ... and today her work number rolls to voicemail.

Does anyone know if there are phones out in the area? At first I thought she was just on the road a looong time, and her phone battery died. But then not hearing yet today has me worried sick.

I have no idea about the phones, but I understand about the worry. Perhaps you can find a local paper from there on the internet.

I am trying to find the nerve to go out. I need some stuff at the store (throat lozenges, I so need throat lozenges, I can't take the hacking) but I feel sick thinking about leaving my warm house and going out in the mess. Not like I would have to be on a highway, but my driveway is muck and it is pouring rain, but not clearing the slush. I need to go out and shovel a little. ick.

I'm kind of freaking out today. I was talking on the phone to my daughter last night while she was navigating the storm home on 95 from Arlington to the Woodbridge, VA area, and she had already been on the road a couple of hours and said it would probably be hours longer. I tried to call her later and she didn't answer her cell. She never answered the rest of the night nor the home phone ... and today her work number rolls to voicemail.

Does anyone know if there are phones out in the area? At first I thought she was just on the road a looong time, and her phone battery died. But then not hearing yet today has me worried sick.

kf - last night 95 was a parking lot. This morning we had no power untill 11:00. (I live about 15 minutes from Woodbridge) Hopefully she is just out of battery, and iced in. We didn't go out this morning because of ice all over the place. The schools are also closed.

Hope this helps! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

eta: looking for a news page for traffic and outtages to add...

this has a bit of news about outtages and some video

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0208/495434.html

I hope you hear from her soon!! {{{kf}}} :hugs-1:

kf - last night 95 was a parking lot. This morning we had no power untill 11:00. (I live about 15 minutes from Woodbridge) Hopefully she is just out of battery, and iced in. We didn't go out this morning because of ice all over the place. The schools are also closed.

Hope this helps! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

eta: looking for a news page for traffic and outtages to add...

this has a bit of news about outtages and some video

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0208/495434.html

I hope you hear from her soon!! {{{kf}}} :hugs-1:

keeping... unless your DD has an analog phone, no electricity means no phone and no re-charging battery and maybe she didn't go into work, like cha cha. Just keep trying. Scary!!! Keep us posted.

Clay makes that bottle dance look so easy and it is anything but! He had great thighs before, but now... THUD!!! Same with that adorable butt of his... SWOON!!!

Thanks, Cha Cha -- that helps a lot. I called the main number at her office and the operator couldn't find anybody that works in her department to answer a phone so it looks like no one is there -- and if the power is out that explains a lot.

I'll try to breathe deep. She had to freak out about me in 2005 when I evacuated for the hurricane and forgot to call her and lost cell power in the 17-hour trek to Dallas -- so now it's my turn.

Thanks, Cha Cha -- that helps a lot. I called the main number at her office and the operator couldn't find anybody that works in her department to answer a phone so it looks like no one is there -- and if the power is out that explains a lot.

I'll try to breathe deep. She had to freak out about me in 2005 when I evacuated for the hurricane and forgot to call her and lost cell power in the 17-hour trek to Dallas -- so now it's my turn.

I'm going to listen to the 4:00 news and see if they report where the power outtages are......

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

eta: 7,000 residents without power in Northern VA....

39º and going down

snow predicted and lower temps for later tonight!

some peeps in traffic for up to 5 hours last night (in "mixing bowl" which is 95 between Alexandria and Woodbridge)

I hope you hear from her soon, keepingfaith. :big hug:

keepingfaith, I'll be praying that you hear from her soon!

Cute recap from Claymd4evr (CB):

Sorry for the very late mini-recap, but I was so surprised to see the Saturday, Feb. 9 matinee stage door picture of Clay posted by Joy2talk2u on page 6 and spot myself in the hood (eyes closed - it's that Aiken fog!). And thank you to the photographer who made me look 40 years younger! Yeah!! I was so excited there at the stage door I could not have told you what color Clay was wearing. He sure moves fast, making funny faces and saying," I don't even know what I'm writing any more." as he scribbles his autograph to many grateful fans in about a three minute circuit.

Saturday afternoon I had one of the highest seats in the balcony (J101) and could see Clay's every expression on stage with my binoculars. Since no one could be behind me, I was standing up for a better view, and the usherette offered me a booster so I would not have to get out of my chair. The theater was packed! Although I could not see much of the orchestra or mezzanine, there was only a vacant seat here or there in the balcony. There were folks of all ages with a goodly number of men, as well as teenage boys. Earlier, in the line in front of me, waiting to go in, were two young teen males with their dad who assured them he had seen the show twice and they would love it.

At intermission, I tested the right balcony exit and found it opened right onto Shubert Alley so it was easy to speed down the stairs and get near the front of the line by the stage door just after the curtain call.

Since I had seen the show just the night before (at that time the balcony was maybe half full - center section pretty full but lots of vacancies on the sides), I was thrilled to see the SRO crowd on Saturday. And they were so ENTHUSIASTIC - laughed at everything, caught every nuance. Must have been gratifying to the actors.

Friday I was somewhat distracted trying to spot Clay in his various disguises but by Saturday I knew when to expect him and I really listened to the dialogue and the lyrics of the songs and caught lots of the humor I had previously missed. I strongly recommend that if you see the show, you see it more than once because you really have to listen to some of the bits because of the accents - though a lot of it is really raucous and easy to understand. Tom Deckman was Not Dead Fred & Prince Herbert on Saturday - and he was hilarious! I was so glad I got to see almost all of the regular cast, except for Hannah Waddingham, but Emily Hsu was fine, I thought.

It was so exciting to get 2 Playbills signed on 2 successive days (there was not a big crowd at the stage door on Friday) and to see Clay up close and personal and so gorgeous! So sorry for the folks who came on Sunday & did not get to see him at the stage door, though they must have enjoyed an amazing show.

Small bonus for being frugal: after the show, we stopped at the McDonald's on 8th Avenue just around the corner from the theater and who should I spot outside but Jerome with a McDonald's order, talking with someone and maybe WAITING for someone (?) Clay still had another show to do, so likely he was starved because HE WORKS VERY HARD on stage!

Jerome very graciously allowed me to take his picture & I was able to leave a small gift for Clay with him before I joined my husband inside Micky D's for a post theater snack, So, even though the legendary Sardi's is directly across the street from the theater, and Junior's right next door, SOME FOLKS' tastes remain simple!

Working for a living sucks. I haven't been able to keep up on the goodies, much less download the new Clack Splack. I do love your new avi, ladyj. :hubbahubba: He can slap my ass like that anytime!

on the subject of illegal Splack...if it's out there, how can anyone be sure it came from a Clay fan? Didn't many of us on this board watch the illegal video of DHP in Spamalot on clay's opening night? That obviously wasn't a Clay fan (because the quality sucked :cryingwlaughter: ), but it does prove that we're not the only people that smuggle videos in to events and tape them.

I don't have a problem with people taking Splack nearly as much as I have a problem with people who let it be known that they have Splack and aren't going to share. What's up with that, anyway? If that woman wasn't going to share, why did she ever let anyone know that she had it? That smacks of I-know-something-you-don't-know cool-kid's lunchtable junior high behavior.

Keepingfaith, you must be so worried! I've been there, too, and i know it's no fun. Let us know when you hear from her.

When I saw the screencap from this morning I immediately thought that Clay was doing the same thing with his shirts and sweaters that he does with his socks....mismatched and who cares!? And now I find out it's cutting edge fashion. If that's the case, there's a three year old here in the library right now that probably doesn't know it, but is dressed in cutting edge fashion...because that child obviously dressed herself this morning and nothing matches! :cryingwlaughter:

OT: My neighbor just knocked on my door a few minutes ago with a chainsaw in his hand. Unbenounced to me, a tree had fallen over my driveway so I wouldn't have been able to get out!!

He's just finished sawing it up for me!! That was a really good thing, since mrchach is in Orlando right now at a trade show!!

IMG_9665.jpg

What should I do to thank him??? :imgtongue:

BTW - also OT - Oprah has just announced that she is giving away Suzie Orland's new book about women preparing for the future (the subject of her show today) for FREEEEEE - all you have to do is go to her website (it's crashed right now - LOL) and download it. You only have 24 hours to do it. I wonder if enough people will be able to get it!!

eta: kf - news announced there are still 6,500 viewers without power. Heard anything yet?