#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

What's even better is Freecycle! It is a world-wide organization using Yahoo Groups; there is a Freecycle group near you.... all you do is subscribe to your local Freecycle group and you will see email posts with subject headings telling you what is on offer, and the location. If you want the item, you contact that person and if it is still available, you go to pick it up.

We've used Freecycle a few times and it's gone really well. We had a 5 yr old queen size bed that was in great shape, but just too hard for hubby and I and none of our family wanted it. We advertised on freecycle and got a response within hours and the bed was picked up the following weekend by a very happy couple who had been sleeping on a very old double bed for years. They were thrilled.

claytonic...Thanks for the info re: freecycle. I looked them up and was surprised to find that there IS a group in our little town! So I'm going to inventory exactly what is lurking in that scary place called our garage and get going with this.

I LIKE it! :lilredani:

ETA: And since we're being community and earth minded, today....does anybody else use goodsearch.com for their home page? I do both here at work and at home and on my laptop. Whatever you use---IE or Safari or Mozilla or whatever---you can set your homepage to be www.goodsearch.com. Every browse from there gives money to your chosen charity! I've identified the Bubel Aiken Foundation, of course, but you can pick from among hundreds of others and even enter your own...

It's pretty cool.

www.goodsearch.com

So far, according to their reports that you can access, BAF has raised $7,616.89 in the last two years---just from people using the internet...

What's even better is Freecycle! It is a world-wide organization using Yahoo Groups; there is a Freecycle group near you.... all you do is subscribe to your local Freecycle group and you will see email posts with subject headings telling you what is on offer, and the location. If you want the item, you contact that person and if it is still available, you go to pick it up.

We've used Freecycle a few times and it's gone really well. We had a 5 yr old queen size bed that was in great shape, but just too hard for hubby and I and none of our family wanted it. We advertised on freecycle and got a response within hours and the bed was picked up the following weekend by a very happy couple who had been sleeping on a very old double bed for years. They were thrilled.

I love Freecycle, used it a lot when I had to move from out West to East in 2 weeks, and was able to make some folks in Calgary very happy.

I joined the group here, but unfortunately the person who runs it (ie, is kind of the mod?) is seriously psychotic. I made the HORRENDOUS :imgtongue: mistake once of forgetting to take off my auto-signature relating to BAF that I use on my personal email. Her responses via email were so awful that I ended up having to block her and contemplated actually forwarding them to the police. Seriously.

I had seen similar responses to others and thought, before I knew, what awful people must live here! :lol:

Obvously, I've opted out, but I do miss it.

Probably wise to check out the scenery on the site before posting though; I should have done that and didn't, as I had had no problem with the Calgary one.

I've currently got a broken down dryer as an accessory in my son's room in the basement. It is holding all his clean socks, LOL. I wonder if either putting it to the curb or putting it on Freecycle would work? I have to get rid of it soon!

Did someone saY ...... S N O W F L A K E ? ?

IMG_0086.jpg

OMG how can I get any work done? Just imagine being picked up and held in Clay's arms like that, your arms around his neck, looking down into those eyes, just inches from those lips..... :Thud:

Thanks for the tip about Freecycle. Sounds great for good stuff. I seriously doubt that they'd be interested in some of the stuff I've put out. I didn't think anyone would take my rusted lawn furniture, but then I found out there's what used to be called a "junkman" up the road that pays by the pound. I couldn't be bothered to take stuff up there, but either he picks it up or someone else does! I never leave anything for more than 3 days, but I rarely have to bring stuff back in.

luckiest, you may have an appliance refurbisher nearby who would love to come pick it up, even if they can only use it for spare parts...check the yellow pages under...oh, I dunno...used appliances? We bought a refurbished refrigerator once from a place like that. I imagine if you call one or two appliance companies and ask about this, they will know someone who is in that business. Alternatively, even though most charitable places want working appliances, there are some that take in used non-working appliances and fix them for resale. OR...we have what they call "big trash day" around here, where people can put out anything...old furniture, etc. Most of the time, big stuff will get left behind, but on "big trash day" anything goes. It's only about once every three months, though, so you kind of have to know when it's going to happen. Check with your waste company.

This advice brought to you by Nosy R Us.

heh

Hey, y'all! Hope to post something more meaningful later. Did you know that banging your jaw on the desk in response to gah-worthy photos can create a numbing sensation not unlike novocaine? You didn't? heh...That's 'cause I made it up. Thanks for the pretty! :)

ETA: And since we're being community and earth minded, today....does anybody else use goodsearch.com for their home page? I do both here at work and at home and on my laptop. Whatever you use---IE or Safari or Mozilla or whatever---you can set your homepage to be www.goodsearch.com. Every browse from there gives money to your chosen charity! I've identified the Bubel Aiken Foundation, of course, but you can pick from among hundreds of others and even enter your own...

It's pretty cool.

www.goodsearch.com

So far, according to their reports that you can access, BAF has raised $7,616.89 in the last two years---just from people using the internet...

I do! :PickMe-1: Both at work & at home.

ETA: I'm dying here.... went back on Zyrtec this weekend and it's making me sooooo sleepy! I don't know how I'm going to make it to 6:00. :856:

Can I post a little distraction from yesterday?

Matinee- hoodie and freckles

post-1506-1204576146_thumb.jpg

post-1506-1204576137_thumb.jpg

Evening:

post-1506-1204576156_thumb.jpg

post-1506-1204576162_thumb.jpg

post-1506-1204576171_thumb.jpg

In the one picture, he is signing the "Best Peasant" award- my friend Heather from Claymaniacs was chosen.

And just because I LOVE his freckles and eyes:

post-1506-1204576178_thumb.jpg

Ooooooooh, Marilyon - thank you! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Haven't we had the discussion about the tortoise & the hare? He's looking awfully tortoise-like in that green hoody! :cryingwlaughter: He's so CUTE! :flirtysmile3: And he looks so cuddly, too! :flirtysmile3:

I've currently got a broken down dryer as an accessory in my son's room in the basement. It is holding all his clean socks, LOL. I wonder if either putting it to the curb or putting it on Freecycle would work? I have to get rid of it soon!

If we have something too big to haul to the dump, we call the trash company and pay an extra fee (I think it's $15) for them to come and haul it away. That's what we did with our old dryer.

Just FYI tho, there was a blurb on the local news a couple of weeks ago, that some miscreant was using Craig's List to stalk victims. Be careful out there!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

eta: marilyon - those pix are gorgeous!! THANKS!!

claytonic...Thanks for the info re: freecycle. I looked them up and was surprised to find that there IS a group in our little town! So I'm going to inventory exactly what is lurking in that scary place called our garage and get going with this.

I LIKE it! :lilredani:

It's pretty cool.

www.goodsearch.com

Never heard of freecycle, but sounds like a good idea!

As for goodsearch - keep meaning to set that up, but sorry, Clay, my favorite charity involves furry little creatures!

Of course, he's kind of a furry creature.... :whistling-1:

Well, I was reading a private blog (wherer they saw Spamalot) and they recommended a vegan restaurant in NYC - Zen Palate - claimed their meat eating friends loved it.

Oooo! Thanks!!! Wonder if any of my meat loving friends would be game!

And Marilyn - he's just so damn CUTE!!!!!! Thanks for bringing those over!

Oooooo, Marilyon, thanks for the pretties! Did you enjoy the show yesterday?

I sure did. Wrote a long and boring recap which I will NOT saddle y'all with!

WHAT??!!!! I want to be saddled with it! Please! It's a LONG time til April, y'all. Have pity. Maybe it's boring to YOU, but I bet I'd like it! C'mon, spill!!!

Um...but no pressure.

heh

WHAT??!!!! I want to be saddled with it! Please! It's a LONG time til April, y'all. Have pity. Maybe it's boring to YOU, but I bet I'd like it! C'mon, spill!!!

Um...but no pressure.

heh

Ditto! except I'm not going in April or ever, WAAAAHHHHH!!!

Um...but no pressure.

heh

17.gif

:)

*Sends skybar a hug: :thbighug-1: *

Um...but no pressure.

heh

Be careful what you ask for !!!

WOW Seat A102!! VERY close. We were so close we saw sweat on Lancelot and Galahad’s temples. And I realized LOTL had VERY sparkly VERY red lipstick on. I love how Clay has expanded the guard role –he is so funny playing with his helmet strap, acting sort of bored with Arthur but interested in pursuing the swallow and coconut issue with the other guard (played by Lancelot) He sounded a bit hoarse in that scene, but I did not catch any hoarseness later. His voice was SOARING!!

I thought the little nuances added or changed in the Not Dead Yet scene were adorable (peeking through the hole when he said “Keep an eye on Lance”. And the way he deepened his voice when he responded to the fighting issue –“GOOD”

Tom Deckman was not there. While the understudy did a pretty good job, I have been spoiled. Tom has a vulnerability and frailness about him-plus the expressions on his face at seeing Lancelot and the “collapsing” bit with his mother…..er, father-really are hilarious.

I adore the way Clay sings the yodeling part. He was right in front of us and I got to see his tonsils!!! (If he still has them HAHA) His range is amazing.

Dennis Galahad- Chris Siebert cracks me up-he and his mom go on and on about the political aspects of their autonomous collective. Really well thought out. And I LOVE when he comes out with LOTL with his lips pursed and his hair tosses-and the “Song that goes like this”. He and Clay seem to play off each other with their asides. I sure wish I could read lips sometimes-all of the cast say things to each other as background and its hard to watch everyone at once.

The Camelot scene is a very busy one, but I couldn’t miss the “cocktail waitress” pinching Galahads “chestal area” and goosing Clay. Then when the dancing girls came out with their trays of quivering twin globules of something or other, Galahad followed one and sort of manhandled what was on the tray –hysterical. Robin of course was ogling the scantily clad women and chasing them around. When the girls danced with the thingamajoogies (I have NO idea what they are called- some rounded weapons on chains that had spikes sticking out- I used to know this stuff back when I was intelligent) Robin danced and swung imaginary thingamajoogies around and kicked high. The other knights were sort of dancing, too. This time Galahad caught LOTL’s one piece of glove armor, and Lancelot caught the other one. The whole dancing scene with the knights and the rest of the cast was spot on. Clay honey- you can DANCE!!! Swing those hips, baby!

Hannah has an exceptional voice- I absolutely LOVE her interpretation of “Find your Grail” and when the knights were climbing the “Mountain” it was hysterical to see Robins fear of falling.

And the slo-mo- dayyum- right in front of my eyes. Clay braces his legs wide and rocks up and down-and the tunic goes ever higher-I am thinking this must be where he tears it each night- because he strains that baby to its limit!! There is no hole in the tights right now folks- I will sign an affidavit-Yup, right there on the downswing-ironclad (hee) proof. Lancelot also did the slo mo spit and mouth wipe. Don’t know how he does that. It was difficult to watch all of them at once, but Galahad was also funny.

Patsy- I want to hug him- I am enamored of his dancing in “Always look on the bright side of Life” –fluid dancing, easy like Gene Kelly- the tap dancing He is an affable character-and King Arthur is lucky to have him.

Brave Sir Robins many changing facial expressions when he is informed of the myriad tortures that await him are priceless. You can see the moment he realizes what the minstrel is singing. Yes, he has definitely perfected the art of completing his costume by adding excrement- and the uncomfortable feeling it must engender adding to it exponentially by the scary black knight, the Knights of Nee, Tim the Enchanter, and the Killer bunny.

But the kicker is, he then proceeds to DANCE with all of that in his pants!! YWSOB is astounding. He comes right to the edge of the stage to sing the first few lines, and from what I remember of opening night, he has put more expression into it. He dances all over the stage, and doesn’t miss a word or a dance move. I did feel that he rushed to the piano, and through the tune he played. But then!! …..he got up, had that intense look on his face, and shook those shoulders and stomped that foot. The bottle dance is WONDERFUL!!

By the way, the Knight of Kni did Amy Winehouse, and the “diva” did Posh spice again.

I don’t want to do a play by play and bore everyone- but I will have to say the finale is spectacular. There are so many people on stage you don’t know where to look first. So I sort of had to look at Sir Robin, you know what I mean? He bumped hips with one of the lady dancers, then danced over to the other side of the stage. It seemed he and Patsy were in syncronicity when they “wrote” circles with their hips and then did a few pelvic thrusts…………um, <dies>

A couple more things

At the stage door I stood back- at first my sister and I were going to walk to the train but the next one wasn't for an hour, so she smoked while I went over to my friends. I did not get in the front, but I wanted to take pics. The lady with the crutch was right behind me, and she held the crutch over my left shoulder. Clay heard her, saw the crutch, and grabbed it to sign- how cute!

My friend Heater from Claymaniacs had the peasant award for him to sign. He signed it on top of the "Foot" CUTE!!. He went by very very fast- I think he was out there less than eight minutes, if that. BUT he was out right after the performance-

My camera is not good for taking pics of people unless they stand very very still. I am feeling lucky that I got what I did! He was adorable and I love his freckles.

My friend said when she got picked, Patsy was so cute giving her instructions, "Sit back down" "Now come up here on stage- there are four steps" etc.

She said after she won, when the knights were congratulating her, they were all talking loud behind her, shouting encouragement, etc.

Clay was SO good, SO intense. He put everything into his performance, and his eyes sparkled.

How did this go so fast??

Well, Jamie certainly put her time to good use. Nice fresh hi-lites!

As far as I'm concerned the only truly BAD words are those transferring emotions of hate and ignorance, and definitely including epithets hurled at individuals in an attempt to diminish their humanity, whether based on sexism, racism, or intellectual snobbery.

So, do you use a thesaurus or google Wikipedia uhm, I mean dictionary? heh

(sorry for the dirty word)

Mornin'! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm appalled sometimes at what the camera sees, that I'm sure people don't realize they're doing or just fall into the fog or whatever as he approaches.

People SCREAM into his face, poke Playbills into his face, film or take stills literally inches from his nose...and my absolute favorite so far....chomp gum, open-mouthed, right in his face. HOW attractive!

YUCK!!! EWWWWwwww!!!

But....he is really, really, CUTE!...and such a pet to put up with all this crap!

Awe Clay :bighug: I promise to stand back and just drink in your beauty! :flirtysmile3:

And THANKS for the freecycle tip! I can't remember who originally suggested it....sorry. You know who you are.

Anyway, I am going to use "goodsearch" and give the boot to a pile of crap in a much cluttered garage and office! Whoot

ETA- Great recap, Marilyon!! Thank you for going into detail :) Awesome