#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

Bwah I already read that the song must be one of Clive's choices. Uh how in hell was that descerned? Is this Teddy guy Clive's best friend or something?

You know I can't blame people for wanting to see Clay in the role..especially if it's their only show. Perhaps they can't afford to just eat the ticket and buy another one. I hope they can get a full house anyway.

ETA: Knowing who a producer is for isn't spoiler. It means nothing to me anyway. I haven't seen the clips but if the producer was in them and whatever song was in them WAS Clay letting us in on some info. I don't think we need to sit by and wait for Clay to type a blog. Clay kept things close to his vest for a long time but he has to start getting info out there to raise interest to the cd buying public out there.

Regarding album spoilerish stuff....

I'll read stuff, if it is put in front of me. I'll even listen to demos of the possible songs. BUT -- I always keep in the back of my head that what I'm reading could easily change, and what I'm listening to won't sound anything like what Clay can do with a song. I'm pretty good at keeping an open mind regarding this stuff.

But actual leaks of Clay's recordings, once he's done with the album? Nope. Won't do it. Didn't with MOAM. Didn't with MCWL. Didn't with ATDW. I can easily resist leaks of the final album; I'd much rather hear the album for the first time the day it is meant to be released. I'll be strong.

I'm thinking "Clay's secret regarding what his fans don't know about his music" is that there are NO secrets in what he likes for music. But I could be talking out of my butt.

I'm weak ..I don't think I've ever been unspoiled for anything Clay..not an album, not a tour..oh well it took me a week to listen to the extra songs from ATDW..I guess that counts heee.

Hee this is me...except for the extra songs. I got those songs as soon as they are available...I will get a leak as soon as they are available too, I am weak.

Heh. I remember the promosquad snippets from ATDW v. v. well. And when the Clear Channel stream of the whole album was discovered the night of the David Foster Gala? Sitting huddled on my couch, in the dark, at 2:00 in the morning and listening to ATDW all the way through for the very first time? And hearing the last mumured line of "Broken Wings", which hit me like an electric shock ? Wouldn't trade that experience in for the world.

However, I consider all that stuff "official" sources. Too much poking and prying by the fans makes me uncomfortable, and so often the info ends up being off-base.

:fca:

For some reason....I'm imagining this scenario right now...

Clay, in his apartment in NYC. Dressed in a bathrobe (not going to say what is underneath the robe *g*).

Huh? I'm sorry, did you say something after this? :hubbahubba:

QUOTE("jb1689")

Austinclaymate at OFC has contacted Greg Critchley and he has confirmed that one of his songs will be on Clay's CD. It's not Forget I Ever Knew You.

bows to the CH sleuths

Kim

:wacko::givemebeer:

Love, love. love being spoiled! Cannot resist. It has always been that way with me with TV shows, books (I always read the last few pages of a mystery before I need to!), life - and Clay. I remember hearing the leaked songs from MOAM. I will listen to any snippet any time I have a chance.

I love that the lyrics have been ferreted out, but I have no desire to hear someone else sing it. They lyrics are sooooo Clay but I want to hear his interpretation of them. The producer means nothing to me - except I adore Sting. If more songs are leaked, I will listen. And the first chance I get to hear the whole album, I will be listening then too.

I am surprised I haven't heard of any gnashing of teeth over the fact the song we heard was a ballad! I have also been thinking about what the producer said about people saying "That's Clay Aiken?" Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but I wonder if the album will have a bit of a new age sound to it - sort of like BW.

Or green-eyed soul.

Or rap.

Or beat boxing.

Hey, as long as the cover picture is hot I'll be happy! <jk>

I did post how Holly has access to my mail. I live in a 70 year old house and it is old enough that there is a mail slot inthe door and my mail comes into the hall way, that is if Holly doesn't pull it through the door and attempt to kill it. I think it cracks us pthe mail man. Most of my neighbors have replaiced their slots with mail boxes, but really, how can you go on vacation on the spur of the moment and not worry about your mail. I love having the slot, despite the fact that most people have tried to talk me into getting a mail box so I have fewer drafts in the house in winter. Bah humbug, I just bought a better storm door and still make the mail man walk up the stairs..

Bwah! Sorry, I obviously missed this tidbit! One of my kids' favorite shows used to be the Planet's Funniest Animals and they'd do this "Ani-mail call" where one of the scenes they showed had a little dog attacking the mail as it came through the slot. I'm such a control freak, I'd probably be wracking my brain to figure out a way (a door-mounted basket, pouch, or box) to collect the mail as it comes through the slot, keeping dog lips away before the mail ever hits the floor. But that's just me believing that the dog must not win!!! It helps me maintain the illusion of actually having any power with them. lol Yeah, my dogs have me whipped, too. :)

Hmmm....spoiled or unspoiled.

I've been spoiled for lots of things in the past, MOST things. This past Christmas tour, I knew the setlist and I watched a couple of videos...but for the most part was unspoiled. It made for a unique (and very moving) concert experience for me...me, who is usually saturated with, drunk with...clack before I even set foot in the concert hall.

For this album...hm...Well, too late on that first (possible) song, because I clicked on that info so fast it made even my head swim. But I might just try to hold off this time. It's not long til May. It might be fun to be surprised!? I would like to avoid the prejudgments, particularly the negative ones, before I've had a chance to even get excited about the album. As for the demo of the rumored song, I sensed a little bit of "I Survived You" rhythm to it. Which is fine because I liked ISY. No telling how Clay will actually interpret it, naturally.

I listened to those ATDW snippets so many times that I sometimes still find myself hearing that annoying woman's voice saying "sneak peaks" in my head during the songs. LOL

Gah, but I love Clay Aiken. He's so much on my mind right now, with my concerns for his health. I'm so sorry to hear about all this sickness going around...and I REALLY hope that Clay's absence tonight is more a precaution to improve his chances of recovery for the weekend performances, rather than any indicator of HOW ill he actually might be. Sorry to hear about poor Tom, as well. I would LOVE to hear how tonight went, just to satisfy my curiosity!

Hey, Cotton posted a very relevant advice the other day when she was talking about her little auntie. Live each day as if it were your last!

I don't wait if I don't have to...I listened to the ATDW snippets from Promosquad and if there are 'leaks' before the actual HARD copy of the danged CD is released, then I'm there, too.

Hearing Clay early doesn't ruin hearing Clay for me....nope. Just means I can hear more of him.

:clap:

Don't give a rat's patootey who the producer is as long as he/she and Clay enjoyed working together and did so with a sense of mutual satisfaction with the outcome. I know nothing about music production so what could I possibly have to say as a critique of the producer. My most sophisticated commentary on cd production is usually about whether or not they let us actually...you know...HEAR Clay over the music...Maybe I'll bitch about too much bassoon or something, but nobody listens to me anyway.

:cryingwlaughter:

Yeah, muski, and no people falling asleep in the studio on Clay's dime and bragging about it later, eh?

Were your ears and other assorted parts burning today? I took a little stroll today down memory lane among the bookshelves at CV, if you know what I mean and I think you do. heh

Gah. Just listened to the WRAL snippet. How the HELL can such a short clip of his voice do what it does to me?

:flirtysmile3:

:Thud:

The same reason I keep listening to it over and over and over and over......

I think the secret Clay has kept from his fans until now is the name and credentials of the producer. In the clip he just had "Producer" under his image and Clay has made a big deal about keeping it a secret.

Unfortunately, Clay should have known the cat would be out of the bag before he could open it!

I'd forgotten about the PromoSquad snippets. I did listen to them. The Clear Channel stuff? I put the album on, and then turned the sound down. In that way, I could support Clay (to show I was interested) and yet, kept myself unspoiled.

And yeah, I know....life is short, listen to Clay when I can, blah blah blah. People tried that with me the last time, and the time before that, etc. I guess I just like delayed gratification. I like the act of discovery, especially on the day the album is meant to be released. It just makes me enjoy it all that much more, for some reason. And I know that not everyone is like me. Eh.

Well....I'm EASY. shut-up

If Clay is singing on it; if there is some music on it that allows me to hear...you know...Clay singing on it; if it's producer(s) have put all they can into supporting it technically the way Clay wanted it and if he is on the CD cover ~ even in another sweater ~ I'll most likely LOVE it!

See. Easy. In fact, I'm down right slutty when it comes down to it! heh

And I forgot to add - cindilu, Be-aU-ti-ful Banner babe!

Hey, Cotton posted a very relevant advice the other day when she was talking about her little auntie. Live each day as if it were your last!

I don't wait if I don't have to...I listened to the ATDW snippets from Promosquad and if there are 'leaks' before the actual HARD copy of the danged CD is released, then I'm there, too.

Hearing Clay early doesn't ruin hearing Clay for me....nope. Just means I can hear more of him.

:clap:

Don't give a rat's patootey who the producer is as long as he/she and Clay enjoyed working together and did so with a sense of mutual satisfaction with the outcome. I know nothing about music production so what could I possibly have to say as a critique of the producer. My most sophisticated commentary on cd production is usually about whether or not they let us actually...you know...HEAR Clay over the music...Maybe I'll bitch about too much bassoon or something, but nobody listens to me anyway.

:cryingwlaughter:

:clap: You read my mind Muski! Although you can never have too many baboons, they are always entertaining......

Bwah I already read that the song must be one of Clive's choices. Uh how in hell was that descerned? Is this Teddy guy Clive's best friend or something?

You know I can't blame people for wanting to see Clay in the role..especially if it's their only show. Perhaps they can't afford to just eat the ticket and buy another one. I hope they can get a full house anyway.

ETA: Knowing who a producer is for isn't spoiler. It means nothing to me anyway. I haven't seen the clips but if the producer was in them and whatever song was in them WAS Clay letting us in on some info. I don't think we need to sit by and wait for Clay to type a blog. Clay kept things close to his vest for a long time but he has to start getting info out there to raise interest to the cd buying public out there.

Gotta WORD you Couchie on all of the above. They showed the producer and that's fair game for finding out his name. I don't care much about that either except that he did work with Sting quite a bit and I love Sting. He is also an award winning producer which tells me Clay chose someone who has a great track record. Those things do matter to me. I want him to have the best he can get on all fronts. He deserves that. His talent deserves that.

If Clay is going to give those pieces of info then he wants us to know them and it does come from him, IMO. The contacting song writers etc. on one's own is a NO NO in my book. That crosses the line.

cha cha wanders in and wonders what all the commotion is about.... shakes head to dispell the Aiken fog and post-spam-depression....

Jeeez - I spend a day away from the boards and all CLAY breaks loose!! (tm cotton)

I just listened to the snippet and the full song that is "rumored" to be his new single. Somehow I just don't believe that something like that would slip out in full-fledged recorded form like that. Is it the writer singing it? Or... if it's already recorded, how could it be on Clay's new album of "original tunes"?

Maybe I'm just clueless. Maybe it's because I haven't read the last seven pages??

oh!!! and ........

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

It looks like tomorrow we'll have lots more information. And HOW MANY DAYS AWAY IS MAY 6TH???

I guess the secret British producer will be revealed tomorrow too??? Woooooooooooo HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:club0:

cindilu??? I am in awe of your talents!!! Super Banner!!!

People are trying to get their money back? Really????

Oh dear.

This makes me sad. I hope the rest of the cast doesn't hear of that. I understand that most (I said most, not all) Clay fans are going to this show just to see him, and for many it will be their only show, but asking for a refund because Clay isn't there is just sad, IMO.

You know, I feel sort of badly about it, but I have tickets for tomorrow's show, and if I can find out in advance that Clay isn't going to be there, I don't think I'll go. If I were in NY already, I'd go anyway. It's about the hassle factor for me. I'm driving with a friend, it will be 6 hour roundtrip on a work night, I can only take 2 hours off the the morning after, and it just wouldn't be worth it to me. It's crazy enough to do that to see Clay, but if he's not there.... well, it's just too crazy. It's not about the money, which I won't get back anyway if you have to go to the box office to get it.

I feel badly for fans who traveled to get there, especially if this is their only trip or show. I can always go another day.

Spoilers? Bring 'em on! I love things coming in surprising bits over time!

HI FCA!!!!!! I've missed all of you.

Did someone mention something a few posts back about taking a two months vacation away from the boards? I seem to be falling off the edge of civilization at regular intervals lately.

I guess the important thing is that I keep coming back, although I have given up all hope of ever reaching a 500 post count. Ahem.

I seem to have returned on a good Clack day. Maybe not so good for Clay himself; poor baby...I wonder who got the job of sitting on him and making it very clear that he was not allowed to drag his sick butt onto stage. Maybe Jerome???? Heh, I'm no good at speculating.

That lovely snippet of Clay singing reminded me why I am still hanging around this fandom. I can't wait to have another professionally done recording in my hands, with new pictures, and liner notes and CD parties and my Christmas shopping all done. Sigh.

But I digress, I wanted to drop in here tonight (at my usual late hour) to bring your attention to my new signature.

So far 2008 hasn't been a banner year for me what with new beginnings, a new address and what feels like precious little else but my gut feeling that I'm on the right path to make me get up in the morning. And then there has been this particularly nasty winter.....grrrrrrr.

Still, there's always room for a miracle somewhere in everyone's life. Sometimes miracles and bad times can happen at the same time.

Last week a good friend invited me away from my life for a few weeks to spend time at her house. She is a saint.

And it is almost, ( I said almost ) beside the point that she lives a relatively short train ride from the Broad Way.

Sir Robin has nine days to get his adorable self all healthy and spammy for.......meeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

:coolchicken::twinklewhore:

:bye6:

I came into this discussion late as usual, but have now googled and linked enough to know that I'm really happy with this producer just from what I've read, and what Sting said about him. A free spirit with a great sense of humor and originality who started as the guitarist in a rock band and is a songwriter to boot, sounds good to me. I see why Clay likes him ... he wrote jingles for McDonalds, and he has a passion for Apple Macs.

Kipper likes the one name thing, so maybe they'll call this album .... CLAY.

I came into this discussion late as usual, but have now googled and linked enough to know that I'm really happy with this producer just from what I've read, and what Sting said about him. A free spirit with a great sense of humor and originality who started as the guitarist in a rock band and is a songwriter to boot, sounds good to me. I see why Clay likes him ... he wrote jingles for McDonalds, and he has a passion for Apple Macs.

Kipper likes the one name thing, so maybe they'll call this album .... CLAY.

There's a whole post of links to Kipper-stuff on this CH page........(scroll down about halfway to moonhead's post)

and here's a picture from when he produced Sting's album in 2000:

kipper_120x150.jpg

have to go to bed now!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: