#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

The WRAL videos are now in the vaults in .flv form. GBB tried to convert them to wmvs, but the video and audio got out of sync. The VLC media player can likely play them if you don't have a specific flv player.

ok now i've listened to the first clip and I love on my way here or whatever it's called. It feels familiar though as something Clay has sung before but can't put my finger on it. I'm so excited about this Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I got an I Survived You rhythm from it.

The WRAL videos are now in the vaults in .flv form. GBB tried to convert them to wmvs, but the video and audio got out of sync. The VLC media player can likely play them if you don't have a specific flv player.

I was able to play them with RealPlayer.

Cotton I'm so sorry about your aunt, but she sounds as though she lived life fully. We should all be so lucky.

Gibby I have a Panasonic Lumix and I love it. I debated about getting the Canon, but it was bulkier and heavier so I figured it would be a pain to carry. (I'm lazy to the core.) The Panasonic takes very good pictures, and I know the Canon does as well.

Videos: I think I'm falling in love all over again.

ok now i've listened to the first clip and I love on my way here or whatever it's called. It feels familiar though as something Clay has sung before but can't put my finger on it. I'm so excited about this Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I got an I Survived You rhythm from it.

F"ing YES! thank you cuz it was driving me crazy.

Since everyone is watching Idol..hee or a certain video again I'll just keep on posting.

I didn't listen to the demo..only want to hear Clay singing it. If the album comes out on the 6th I'll be on a plane for 6 hours that day...wonder what I'll be doing! Ha. I'm wondering how much pre promotion he can do if he's working on Spamalot though. ALthough I guess most things in NYC tape during the day. Ooh he's going to be one busy man. I think he relishes that though.

Yikes! I'm posting from my pocket pc because my laptop suddenly had no icons! I was able to restart the laptop and log onto the guest account, and I'm running a virus scan now. Pray for my laptop! I'm hoping I won't have to rebuild it. At least all of my valuable files are backed up on an external hard drive.

VLC works on a Mac - but won't open this file!

I downloaded Flash Player for Mac but I still can't get it work! :cry4:

Muski - see if you have any better luck than me. You can download it here: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/in...Platform=MacOSX

ETA: WMV FILES ARE IN THE VAULT!

Well, I've had no luck with any program so can't play the flv files of the wonderful WRAL spots...I've downloaded real player for mac but that doesn't do it...any suggestions?

It played on my Mac. I have Flip4mac, a free program that converts files to play on QT, so maybe that's why. I wish I knew so I could be more helpful.

Just a thought I had when I was watching Clay's interview.

The part where he was talking about how Kipper would help him get the sound he wanted reminded me of George Martin and Paul and John.

Particularly the part about finding an upright piano that was slightly offkey was almost exactly the scenario Paul came to George Martin about one day after hearing the high trumpet that they eventually used in Penny Lane.

falling-new.jpg

Well, I've had no luck with any program so can't play the flv files of the wonderful WRAL spots...I've downloaded real player for mac but that doesn't do it...any suggestions?

It played on my Mac. I have Flip4mac, a free program that converts files to play on QT, so maybe that's why. I wish I knew so I could be more helpful.

I have Flip4Mac and it didn't convert it. I thought Flip4Mac only converted wmv files to play on QT.

I have Flip4Mac and it didn't convert it. I thought Flip4Mac only converted wmv files to play on QT.

Well, I guess that's because I downloaded the wmv files instead of the flv. Whoops.

Just finally finished watching today's WRAL clack. I was determined to see it before I went to bed.

It left me wanting more.

I loved hearing him talk about the album so much and what went into selecting the songs.

(And I think Kyrie should be a bonus track....... Or how about an exclusive download for OFC members?)

I loved hearing the snippets.

I want MORE!! I want interviews with Kipper. I want more interviews with Clay. And I want this kind of stuff on national TV.

And I want the album now!

(And I want him to get that hair fixed before any album shoot...)

I love him! I am excited.

(But I still don't want a summer tour cause I cannot afford it!)

ETA: Wandacleo - Glad you said that! I was trying to find on the Flip4Mac website how to convert flash files!

bwah CG..you and the hair..

and Bwah wandacleo..whoops

These clips are keepers...I don't download everything anymore but these are keepers. I think I'll make an audio clip and put them with the ATDW podcast. I love it when he talks music! I think he used to define himself more by what he wasn't and more and more he's defining himsef musically by what he is. I think he's still in discovery and it's been a dream to watch it all unfold.

I think he's still in discovery and it's been a dream to watch it all unfold.

Yeah and I think he will always be in discovery because there is no end to this man's growth (down smutters). Clay is a Sagittarian X 5 so he will always learn and integrate and then learn more. For some reason I believe this CD is going to be so clearly where he is now. Whatever the level of success he has with this, he is so much a part of this that I believe it will truly represent him. I am so excited to hear this. I loved MOAM but only because it was Clay's first CD and I was so hungry for him to sing his own songs. Much of it did not move me though. I also loved ATDW because it was Clay singing some songs that I really liked. I also realized that he could make me like some songs I disliked. But this CD is really all about what he wants and likes. So far I really like what I have heard and I love what he is saying about the process. Clay can sing anything but these songs are what he says define him now. They are meaningful to him and that makes it exciting. I can't wait!

Well succeed or fail , this time it's HIS BABY and I think this will be very telling. I hope he does mix it up a bit and that he isn't "clearly" defined or identified with one genre or sound by this CD. I want him to remain a mystery to some extent. Magical as Gladys Knight put it. I think it's what makes him so damn special, so unique in this business. And that is hard to do these days.

Good, bad or indifferent, it's Clay being Clay. And I think he will sleep better at night knowing he at least did it his way. (t/m Sinatra)

I hope that LAA is a bonus track - on the recorded CD - so it doesn't use up any space for other songs. I love it, but I want NEW!!

I think I understand how you feel CG, but I hope and pray that LAA IS included on the CD.

It sooo deserves a proper release! takes a moment

And maybe if it get's industry recognition (a girl can dream can't she) maybe it will encourage him to write more. Either way, I just want the world to hear it!!

I have to add, that watching that interview or more accurately, listening to Clay talk about the process and the journey felt so intimate. I can't put my finger on it exactly. But I found him so fascinating and so open. This felt like he was letting us in....just a little.

I Love Clay Aiken :lilredani:

Well, I am going to enjoy it for what it is. I have noticed the fan base shrinking overthe last 2 years, but there is still a core group. Recently people have been sort of returning. I won't count on a lot of things, but take it as a personal pleasure. As long as Clay makes music, I will buy it. Right now with snippets people are already judging the songs, but I can't do it. I need to hear the whole thing. I can wait before I "analyze" or "Dissect".

FYI - Woot.com has a remanufactuired scheduler Roomba on sale for $99. I bought a $99 scoomba and I am very pleased with it and have had it for quite a while. I have had my Roomba from woot for a year now and it works great, it just takes a little longer to charge.

I've been in lurk only mode here of late, but felt obligated to respond to Gibby's camera question.

I love Panasonics. LOVE them. I've had 3 in a row, buying my latest one this fall. In fact, I got a Canon S5 and ended up never using it and giving it to my husband as a gift. He loves it, and that let me upgrade my Panasonic.

My current camera is a Panasonic Lumix FZ8. It's 8 megapixels and has an 18x zoom, which is just awesome. The color is very "true" with this camera, and I have to do very little color correction. Not only does it take great Clay concert pictures indoors, but got amazing pictures in Hawaii when we were there for my son's wedding.

It has a Leica lens which is awesome, and is considered to have the fastest focus around, which is VERY helpful.

As a side note, Karen Eh & dc4clay both upgraded to this camera in November as well. A sample:

242161773_9rnsn-XL.jpg

Good luck.

For me, Spamalot has been a great thing. Respect and accolades abounding. The music business, not so much. I'm hopeful, very hopeful. I think the album sounds like a wonderful gift and a great creative project. I hope the media gives him a chance and I hope Clay tours. I'm crying here, just thinking about losing face time. If he doesn't tour . I want another gig for Clay, TV, movies or moreBroadway. I had that taste of big success for Clay and I want it to continue. He really is a gifted actor.

recap from last night by tangerinee at the CB:

I saw spamalot tonight with Dazaccent, Bert53 and 3 other FL claymates. Clay LOOKED great. He SOUNDED great, but he did have a "glassy" look. I'm almost positive that the NJU's could not tell though! The piano scene did not seem as dramatic or sexy, but he was plenty sexy in the other scenes.... we were sitting in A110 and 111 and I have to say.... those seats were MUCH better than even row D! Even thought they were just 4 rows apart... I saw Clay SO much better and clearer.... I think we almost peed in our pants when Clay walked so close on stage to us!!!! I smiled and laughed so hard at this show today!!! I think we were SOOOO stressed out about not seeing him yesterday and all the stress of possibly NOT seeing him again today really helped build this SUPER EXCITEMENT today!! I could NOT see anything of "vital" importance at all when Clay was dead on stage. I think you need to be DEAD CENTER to see those details! But I did notice how his tunic falls upwards to reveal the tights.. He fell down close to these moving parts (lighting?) on the stage though, and he had to wiggle to get away from them (they opened and closed while he's lying there) even while he was suppose to be dead! I forgot to add- he was SO funny in the camelot scene. When the girls came out in their scanty outfits, we heard him say (off mic), oh baby, I like her, I want her! He cracks me up! Whoever played Prince Herbert can NOT possibly compare to Tom Deckman. But other claymates seeing the show for the first time did not notice because they have not seen Tom Deckman before. This guy tonight does not even do any of the same moves Tom does! Like when Tom becomes limp falling backwards and his father has to catch him and carry his weight.... nothing... this guy did nothing at all... and he was bigger and just did not get close to the same effect as Tom. He didn't even do the curtain scene like Tom at all! You know how Tom gets all slouchy and hangs onto the curtains like it's his baby blanky when his father storms up the stairs... not the same- I know I'm being harsh here, but that's my objective opinion. This is the second time I'm seeing this show with Clay in it, and I drank the show in much more today. Even though I'm staring at Clay A.LOT. (cause how could you not when he's all cute, adorable, has this sexy british accent and makes all these goofy expressions?), I noticed the rest of the cast a lot more today and appreciated them all the more. We were all cracking up at all the jokes and there were some claymates in the first few rows, don't know about the rest of the theatre. Clay got plenty of love from us though! B101 was picked tonight and Jane from FL went on stage. She said she was so nervous! She looked great up there and has a nice polaroid as a souvenir now! LUCKY GIRL!!!!!!! Of course he did not come out at the stage door. There were not even barracades up after the show so we knew what that meant. It was crazy windy anyway, so there was not even a slight chance he should have been out. 2 JNU's sat next to us (they switched seats with us to give us their better seats when they found out we were avid clay fans! Can you believe it??? SUPER nice!) I heard them laughing all throughout the show, and through Clay's big number too. He was so great..... even when he's still recovering from his illness... I love him!!!*waves to Lsdolly, Jan, and secretly and nice to meet you madame president! ETA: Cindy from FL was at the theatre about 6pm and saw BBC interviewing Hannah. BBC interviewed her too! Cindy mentioned she came to see Spamalot because she's a big Clay fan and of course she also said wonderful things about Hannah!

Clay on WRAL this morning:

QUOTE(happyclayday @ Feb 28 2008, 06:49 AM)

Another great interview! The cast and crew have been very welcoming. The funniest part is that he said he keeps splitting one of his costumes. They've had to make modifications because they've never had anyone dance quite as well as he does. She asked him where the costume was splitting and he said in the crotch!! Wonder why??? It showed him in the castle window and in a couple of other scenes. It showed his dressing room - it's very small.