#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

Karen Eh ! Welcome "home"!

Hope you soon do feel at home and are having fun adventures in your new environs! Glad the pooch travelled well,, too!

I'm home. But What a day!

Left Sis' early planning to get home in time to unpack, chill, spend some time with DH, maybe even drive to visit DS.

Stopped for gas about 15 min. into my 1 hour drive home as gas was $3.04, instead of $3.18 as it is here.

Turned the key to continue the ride home . . . Nada! Ack!

CRAP!

So - waited for DH to come rescue me. His call. Looked mighty strange sitting in my car reading my Harry Bosch book while my vehicle was blocking a pump! So - DH arrives and tried to jump start. Nope. We went from NO electrical - couldn't even open the back end of the van as it's an electrical lock, not mechanical like the front doors - to the key whine returning and dash lights back - but that was it. The engine would not budge!

So - AAA got us towed to some strange auto place we know nuttin' about! Had to leave my baby there without even talking to anybody. Eek! Didn't light seeing my baby all crippled up on that towtruck flatbed! *snif*

I hope to goodness we don't get horrible (read $$$$) news tomorrow!

Sendoff

Saturday was a beautiful day for a funeral.

Lots of family and friends gathered. I told the minister after the service that I really appreciated his service. That you could tell he really knew Aunt Hilda and that he made it all about her rather than taking the opportunity to preach a sermon. He said, "It's easy when the person's life if a sermon!" He has sparkly eyes. Have you ever met a minister with sparkly eyes? I think he is a joyful person. I wish I could tell you more.

I will say that he started off by saying "Diamonds and dynamite come in small packages!" and went on to talk about the diamond and dynamite qualities in Aunt Hilda!

Sis and I didn't embarrass ourselves with Amazing Grace!

Then the church Caregivers fed the family in the fellowship hall. Several little ones ran around happily reminding us life carries on. :)

All in all a good sendoff.

I see I missed a kerfuffle! Thank goodness!

Lordy! I have a BULLETIN - though this is preaching to the choir, so-to-speak -

Clay Aiken is Not Perfect!! :cryingwlaughter:

And he's allowed to be human! Why should he have to come out and pretend everything's hunky dory if he PISSED!? I'd be upset if I missed the stage door experience - but only mildly so.

There are more important things in life.

Um - did he do the show? Was it funny? Did he sing purdy? Did he kick high enough to split the crotch of his tunic again?

If the answer is, YES, then I think he fulfilled the contract he has with ticket holders, no?

mmKay. Think I'll go find a recorded tv show to watch with DH.

It's good to be home.

And - HOLY CRAP! I leave in 10 days to go see BF!!!

:clap::DoClay::lipstick:

ETA:

fixed my typo! :)

Cotton wrote:

Lordy! I have a BULLETIN - though this is preaching to the choir, so-to-speak -

Clay Aiken in Not Perfect!!

And he's allowed to be human! Why should he have to come out and pretend everything's hunky dory if he PISSED!? I'd be upset if I missed the stage door experience - but only mildly so.

There are more important things in life.

Um - did he do the show? Was it funny? Did he sing purdy? Did he kick high enough to split the crotch of his tunic again?

If the answer is, YES, then I think he fulfilled the contract he has with ticket holders, no?

Well said and I'd like to plaster this on all the boards.

Sorry your car broke down.

Right just dangle a little Clay in front of us and see if anyone bites

I think this is what you call a soft lob to Muskifest.

"Soft lob"? heh. SOFT? I suppose if it's a 'little' Clay you're dangling, it WOULD be soft. :whistling-1:

Now for something completely different. Sorta. You know that youtube montage "Satisfy Me"? Could someone identify what video clip I should download to get that whole 60's set that showed up a little bit in there? It's the one where Angela is wearing long ponytails high up on her head and she and Clay are bumping against each other during one of the songs. Something about her hand brushed against his crotch and then he purposely made aforementioned crotch 'get in the way' of her hip repeatedly.... :cryingwlaughter:

And seeing those old IT crouching crotch shots just reminds me what a little SHIT he is, teasing us poor women so.... :naughtywag:

merrieeee!

Are we going to be together in NY, at the end of April? Cos paybacks are hell!!!!!!
Even though I know you're talking to couchie here, I'm 'eeeeeeeeeeeeee-ing!'...'coss I'm going to be in NY at the end of April, too! :PickMe-1: :lipstick:

Well said and I'd like to plaster this on all the boards.

Sorry your car broke down.

Heh!

Only if you fix my typo!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Thanks. I just hope my baby isn't permanently out of commission!

I love my truck. Safari van - but it's really a truck chasis. My big white laundry truck! She's travelled THOUSANDS of miles to take me to see Clay!!! :)

That's gonna be quite a trip, Ansa! Safe travels to you & yours.

Glad Aunt Hilda had a good send off, Cotton. Sorry about your van.

I've just been skimming other places and picking up little useful tidbits here & there like hotel/air/shuttle discounts for NYC! As long as Clay is singing, dancing and speaking in his Geiko gecco inspired British accent all is well. :)

Oh, and I like the new emotis! Especially this one -> :blinkies_14: Hee!!

And this one -> :blinkies_114: for this weekend!!!

Pictures of a CUTE guy and new emoticons. All is right in my world. *g*

YAY for KARENEH!!! (Hey, that rhymes!)

aikim, I think WGN is going to start shifting Rewind a LOT now that baseball season has started. I seem to remember a screen crawl during last week's episode announcing that the show would be on yesterday. Which I of course totally forgot about. Figures. I'm going to hope my local station will show it just under two hours....but that channel is showing NASCAR at the moment. So, I could miss this episode all together. *sigh*

They usually show the Sunday episode the following Saturday here at 4:00, so I will have to wait until then...but yeah, probably need to keep checking the schedule.

Kim

To quote wise King Arthur, let me just say, 'Gosh!'

It borders on amusing that I could be not just quoted, but edited and chastised elsewhere for a statement I made here. That is if that border lies between amusement and incredulity. *le sigh*

I am still laughing at this one. Priceless!

:humor00239:

It borders on amusing that I could be not just quoted, but edited and chastised elsewhere for a statement I made here. That is if that border lies between amusement and incredulity. *le sigh*

Yeah, I gotta say that I was pretty wowed when I saw you actually 'edited' on another board! dang! And dang, again! Hell, I don't always agree with you here but that particular post had me snickering and nodding along. BWAH! I'm quite happy that at this board we can just say what we think and be done with it instead of spending pages and pages writing and writing with lots of words to say things so that they don't really SAY anything to anybody in particular. :cryingwlaughter:

Lordy. Anyhoo.....I'm so over the whole "No stage door" Disaster of 'aught 8'... :lmaosmiley-1: Clay has another day to rest and do what the hell HE wants to do with whomever the hell HE wants to do

it with.

heh. :whistling-1:

BWAH...Been there, done that.

What? I use prosthetics now.

Seriously.

just wondering if anyone ever reads my posts or cares. this may tell me. hee

Clay has another day to rest and do what the hell HE wants to do with whomever the hell HE wants to do

it with.

Is is too selfish of me to hope that he's spending some time with his girlfriend Ms. Micra Phone and his new best buddy Kipper? :whistling-1:

ETA: treenuts => :PickMe-1: I do!

No, this was a special saluting Jiimmy Kimmel, One of his pecial guests for this show was... Jimmy Kimmel. It was cute. He also showed Britney from the same show as the Clay skit. The girl was kind of slow then.

The clip that I have from 06 is called Jimmy Kimmels All Star Tribute to Jimmy Kimmel and he is interviewing himself, of course its edited to show just Clay's part. Is this not the same thing?

We made it!!!! With all the luggage and one none the worse for wear pooch. The wireless connected to my laptop on the third go round and all is well, so far. No adventures and that is a good thing, really. The dog did excellent on the trip. He's got no sign of trauma from his 19 hour trip or his TSA pat down in Houston, he's eaten and taken care of business. Right now he's passed out on the landing between the second and third floors.

Tomorrow, I'll catch up on all the adventures in Clayland....but right now, it's bedtime....3:11 AM in Baku. Feels good to be home.....well in a few months it will look like one. I sense some home decor shopping coming down the pike.

YAY!!! Glad all - including the pooch - arrived safe and sound!!

Cindilu might want to check CH, she has been quoted and edited, sort of. How many lurkers are there here anyway? I may have to use the "secret thread" for some stuff, hee.

This blows my mind. And not in a good way.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Cindilu.

Every board has their rules and their tone and their way of doing things. To me a good blow out rant may do nothing but make the person feel better but hey I dont' feel the need to edit it. People are free to agree with it or disagree with it. I know our style is often looked down upon but I can't imagine a 2 day bitchfest about Clay so different strokes for different folks. Frankly I would probably be putting on an emoticon war by now to move everyone along in my own delicate way HA. We're moving on to day 3 - surely all the arguments have been beaten to death by now.

Didn't ya'll notice the new emoticons yet? Some of these more bitter ones courtesy of Clayzor would have come in real handy but ya'll have been too great adn I couldn't use them hee. Miss you Clayzor.

:stfu: :humor00239: :blinkies_14: :zero2bitch: :blinkies_114: :blinkies_114: :italianflick:

I need a maid...off to wash clothes and clean the kitchen...the real cleaning..with mopping the floor and everything. Let's see how long this lasts.

Ahhh we're talking about cherry blossoms. They make me happy..just like Clay..It means spring and summer are coming!

:smiley_84: ok have to leave on a happy note LOL.

Yeah, and we're known as the mean board!!

Love the new emotions!

And I need a maid too!

And at the risk of being skewered by merrieee cause I'll be in NY the end of April too.......

unicefsf-13.jpg

and another favorite look.......

ama06-22f.jpg

Aww, consider it a badge of honor- at least you are NOT a dancing monkey!

Geez, wouldn't it be nice to get back to the glow of last week, when all of the WRAL videos were coming out? Think I'll have to view them all again before I trot off to bed. :claydreaming_ClayIzzaQt:

YUMMY snowflake pictures, but you forgot the BEST one:unicefsf-13.jpg

And in the time it took me to figure out how to post my picture, claygasm posted the same one. Oh well, you can never look at it too much!

(Sorry, merrieeee!!)

And at the risk of being skewered by merrieee cause I'll be in NY the end of April too.......

and another favorite look.......

ama06-22f.jpg

Now that one me likeeeee!!!!

And in the time it took me to figure out how to post my picture, claygasm posted the same one. Oh well, you can never look at it too much!

Oh yes you can!!!!!

I've had a great couple of Clay days. Didn't bring home any work. Did some cooking (my scratch chicken and dumplings today, rolled out the dough in strips and everything and it was worth it.), did a lot of clack watching, narrowed down my OHN CITH picks to the top three (I think for sure), watched the WRAL videos multiple times, rewatched the Rewind show I watched and DVRed yesterday (Clay was outstanding), checked this board on and off all day and managed to pick up the vibe that there is some general running amok on other boards. I don't mean to sound flippant or for anyone to take this the wrong way, but I've been so converted to FCA that I don't even understand the need to know about that stuff first hand. I'll take your word(s) for it when the stories filter over here. At least when I read about the blood-letting and haranging and demands over here I can do so dispassionately. Whatever it is. I think because I haven't "gone there" that I am not pissed off, nor disappointed, worn out, frazzled or disgusted.

I vow only to read other boards when everybody's happy and the conversation is interesting and informational ... and back out like a bandit when things get yucky.

Hey CG! Isn't that one of your pictures that treenuts (waves to treenuts!) has as an avi?

I'm cracking up over that one emoticon somebody posted earlier that said, "If I'd wanted to hear from an asshole, I'd fart."

BWAH! :lmaosmiley-1: :cryingwlaughter:

Hey CG! Isn't that one of your pictures that treenuts (waves to treenuts!) has as an avi?

I'm cracking up over that one emoticon somebody posted earlier that said, "If I'd wanted to hear from an asshole, I'd fart."

BWAH! :lmaosmiley-1: :cryingwlaughter:

Close, but no cigar! I think you may be thinking of this artsy-fartsy picture of mine from Newark.

newarkclayBW3.jpg

(I made it artsy-fartsy because it was completely out of focus....)

Yep, that's the one! That's my desktop on the home computer....problem is that when I log on and the picture appears, so does your tag line and once Alex was sitting with me and said,

CLAYGASM!?!?!??! Good LORD, mother!

I of course quickly absolved myself of any impropriety by explaining that THAT was the name YOU used on the message boards.

:whistling-1: