#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

EEEEEEEEEE! I just went to that Mozes link and signed my cell phone # up that way, and I think it worked! I got a "thanks for joining, welcome" text back! So now do I have to wait for him to text me the poll? Will he? EEEEEEEEEEEEE!

KAndre cradles "transcender of virtue" to her chest...and looks blankly at Awaking to the Sound of Distant Trumpets...

then starts singing "She Loves Ya, Yeah Yeah Yeah".

Love ya KF, but I possess seriously DEEP shallowness! Ha HA!

While I am not as emotionally edyoukated as Keeping Faith about threadbare things, I have to agree, I believe that Clay probably has to debut his album on AI. There is always a plan, we are just not let in on it. Why? Because it is not our damn career.

If not Ai, well there is some kind of plan that I amsure is better than any fan drawn plan will ever be.

YAY! It worked! I am activated! Any other furriners, try it! Go to the Mozes site and sign your cell # up that way, follow the instructions to text "go" to 66937, and maybe it will work for you too!

[sv]Yes, I am in my second childhood. What of it?[/sv]

I tried, but my cell phone co. isn't supported. They wanted me to activate before I could vote, but even though I sent two messages, it didn't work. Oh well.

jmh - you have to go to the site first and then you'll be activated. :)

ah man am I going to have to give up my aversion to phones so I can vote for Amazing Grace. WAMLAW is just so so... I don't know. Never understood the fandom's preoccupation with this song.

Amazing Grace - I don't care for the "wretch" part. I never found that a sweet sound.

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley's version has been resurrected since Jason Castro sang it on Idol. I say leave it alone.

WAMLAW - I detested that song until I heard Clay sing it in the JBT Stump the Band clack. Man, I would turn "Mercy Percy" Sledge off the radio before you could say Jack Robinson! Then I heard Clay sing a bit of it again in the GFI clack and the deal was sealed. It's perfect for Clay's voice. Kind of like that Hold Me, Thrill Me song -- I despised the original and couldn't imagine listening to it, until I heard Clay's demo. I'm a sucker for his voice, okay? Showcase that voice and I fall in line.

WAMLAW is just so so... I don't know. Never understood the fandom's preoccupation with this song.

Yeah that! I have no problem with WAMLAW, but have never felt the collective love for it either. :shrug:

I tried, but my cell phone co. isn't supported. They wanted me to activate before I could vote, but even though I sent two messages, it didn't work. Oh well.

This is what's happened to me, too. I've registered online & tried every tip they give, but nothing works.

I need to take a shower. I need to do laundry. There's only one leetle problem - I have no water!!! :grrrr:

From TAiken at the CH:

There's a new video advert for Clay on QVC.

QVC

and click on CLAY AIKEN -ON MY WAY HERE/GADGETS & GIZMOS it will open a drop down and a video is there!

Warning for those who don't want to be spoiled. You can hear more of his song in the background. I think its Falling.

My boss is out today so I watched - with the sound down.

No spoilering for me - until I am held captive by his eye!

From TAiken at the CH:

There's a new video advert for Clay on QVC.

QVC

and click on CLAY AIKEN -ON MY WAY HERE/GADGETS & GIZMOS it will open a drop down and a video is there!

Warning for those who don't want to be spoiled. You can hear more of his song in the background. I think its Falling.

My boss is out today so I watched - with the sound down.

No spoilering for me - until I am held captive by his eye!

here's the blurb on the drop down:

CLAY AIKEN -ON MY WAY HERE/GADGETS & GIZMOS

Monday, April 28, 2008

07:00 - 08:00 PM ET

ulti-platinum selling singing sensation Clay Aiken is poised to release his first album of original material since his double-platinum debut, “Measure of a Man.” This eagerly anticipated new CD, “On My Way Here,” is set to release on May 6, 2008. Reserve your copy before it hits the stores, and receive a special 5-track Bonus CD created especially for QVC. He'll win your heart again, as Clay performs select songs from On My Way Here.Release date subject to change without notice. ________________________________________________________________________________

___________If you love cool, clever, handy, gotta-have-it kind of stuff…you'll find it in Gadgets & Gizmos. Most items are small in scale, some are purely practical, others are practical and novel, and some are just-for-the-fun-of-it selections. There's always something that'll make you say "Why didn't I think of that!" Tune in and enjoy.

eta: YES it says "ulti"!!!!!!

I love that man. You know why? Because it still cracks me up, to this day, to hear him say "Hi! I'm Clay Aiken!" Such a cutie.

I would truly love to get some green-eyed soul from Clay, via WAMLAW. However, I really NEEEEEEEEEEED for him to sing Hallelujah. NEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

I love Amazing Grace, but if it ain't at a funeral, I don't wanna hear it.

My typing may be a bit more accurate as I have had two glasses of Reisling...good stuff...for lunch...and thus am paying extra, special close attention. Or it could be worse. Let me know.

Hallelujah - listened to what's his head's version on YouTube and was not blown away and therefore am indifferent...

The only part I hate on Clay's WAMLAW is when he goes, "OK, that's the end of the song" and I scream "You BASTARD!" and begin weeping. It speaks to me (of course, a lot of what it's saying is "Take your panties off", but that's cool).

I did it all at the site, but the site told me after I had registered that I couldn't do shit unless I activated by texting that # via my cell phone. :cry4:

The only part I hate on Clay's WAMLAW is when he goes, "OK, that's the end of the song" and I scream "You BASTARD!" and begin weeping.

AHA! KAndre can cry via a recording from Clay. I knew it!

___

jmh, what happens when you try to text that registration activation # on your cell phone? I was surprised mine actually worked!

I did it all at the site, but the site told me after I had registered that I couldn't do shit unless I activated by texting that # via my cell phone.

Did you try to text Go ON the site by logging in with your cell phone number and using the text box?

Cuz all cell phones work unless you have a prepaid account.

Cuz all cell phones work unless you have a prepaid account.

Bingo! In other words I can't complete my registration, because I can't activate it, so I can't text on the site.

jmh, what happens when you try to text that registration activation # on your cell phone? I was surprised mine actually worked!

I sent two messages, but they were ignored. It's just as well. I love Clay, but I don't want him using up all my minutes. Not even Clay! I just wanted to vote for WAMLAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only part I hate on Clay's WAMLAW is when he goes, "OK, that's the end of the song" and I scream "You BASTARD!" and begin weeping. It speaks to me (of course, a lot of what it's saying is "Take your panties off", but that's cool).

:cryingwlaughter:

I freaking love WAMLAW. Maybe you had to be in Meadville. One of those "what happens in Meadville, stays in Meadville" kind of things. ;)

OOOh....me likey the picture on the back of the CD... :hubbahubba: I ain't angsting over nuthin'....The man's HAWT and he sings purdy and he CAN TOO dance and he wears clothes well (although I'd prefer him 'emotionally threadbare' in the clothing department, heh :whistling-1: ) :peace:

I just realized that Clay's CD drops on my mother's birthday! Wonder what that means. :idk:

I DO want to hear Clay sing "Hallelujah" one day, but as to which one I'd vote for here, if I were voting, it depends on where/when he'd be singing. I'd LOVE for him to rip the roof off a place with WAMLAW if he were on AI, for example---a place that sets him up for more power ballad expectations. I'd LOVE his green-eyed soul to kill some people there because I think many die-hard AI fans and watchers may STILL think of Clay in that Season 2 Ballad Boy box..

I don't need to hear him sing Amazing Grace, thanks. It's a nice song, but quite frankly I don't think it's a real challenge to sing and I've heard many, many wonderful renditions of it by singers less talented than Clay.

So I'll take WAMLAW for $1,000, Alex. :lilredani:

I'm gonna try to ignore that this not exactly my favorite shot of my boyfriend and post this for you Clyra lovers, mostly because it sorta cracks me up:

clyrab.jpg

Hee.

Verra, verra cute!

But they look sort of like best girlfriends...... Don't hit me!!!!!