#31: The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man with the titanium balls - and the voice to back them up!
    • OMG, chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills
    • They are seeing what WE see ? a brilliant, intelligent, and genuinely funny and lovely man.
    • Clay Aiken, I love your mad talented, tender-hearted, freakin' Broadway star, soul!
    • I'm totally jonesing for Clay Aiken's voice right now. God! I need to be sedated.
    • I could listen to that Raleigh son rattle on all day long. He makes me smile.
    • The whole damn thing was perfect!

Cute KMart story laughn.. My KMart story -- sucks BIG TIME. Walked in -- not a CD anywhere. And I'm not talking just Clay -- ANY CD. My local one has stopped carrying CD's as well. I've got one more KMart within driving distance that I'll be hitting this afternoon. If they don't have it -- :cry4: I'll have to fall on my knees to merrieeee in apology and beg someone to pick me up one as well.

WalMart, OTOH, rawks. Plenty of copies, with the extra track. Forget I Ever Knew You is a great ending to the album. Again, I get a U2 vibe from it, and the last few measures are simply stunning. OK, I'm off to listen with good headphones....

No Posters at the K-Marts in Tulsa and Sand Springs, Oklahoma either! :cry4: I tried to be "nice" while throwing a fit. Told him I was late for work so I could get the CD and poster. He kept apologizing and thanked me for being "nice" and not killing him! Oh if he only knew how I felt inside. :sport-smiley-002:

Kandre says to tell everyone to get a decent set of speakers!

Yes, and by all means, perhaps try the suggestion someone made to set your equalizer settings (in iTunes or on iPod) to "pop"...and see what you think of the sound. (I believe some who say Clay's voice sounds "flattened" aren't hearing it optimized). Media players, headphones/speakers, and equalizer settings definitely impact listener experience. Fiddle around. It's fun.

And...um...Allison Stewart hears bared, gritted teeth? Maybe those are hers. Possibly her thighs were also involuntarily clenched tightly together. Clay's voice can do that.

What.

Well, seriously.

And...um...Allison Stewart hears bared, gritted teeth? Maybe those are hers. Possibly her thighs were also involuntarily clenched tightly together. Clay's voice can do that.

00lsee...really? My thighs seem to very voluntarily spread apart at his voice. :whistling-1:

First part of morning mission accomplished.

latte? check.

WalMart cd with bonus song? check. (two, actually..heh--one for my local buddy who's as gah-gah as I am)

'superior' grade speaker wire? check. (Usually, I'm rather 'frugal' when buying such things, but this time I looked for the most expensive (by TWO whole bucks!), best quality..Some things aren't eligible for being scrimped on, donchaknow..).

Back at the homestead to install new speaker wire.

But...I connected my iPod to the car speakers and listened to as many songs as I could while running the above errands. May I say that so far, upon first listen---I'm in absolute love with Ashes and Sacrificial Love. Gah.

Haven't heard them all, though. Sacrificial Love is the last one. Will start all over again when speaker wire is ready.

This is so freakin' exciting! :fca: I'm sooooo glad I took today off from work. :DoClay:

Well Crap...this office is not conducive to listening to the album for the first time. I had to turn it off

Er....Couchie? Aren't you starting to feel sorta ill? Like maybe you need to go to Casa Muski home early from work to take care of yourself before you REALLY get sick? :whistling-1:

KMart's the only store I have in this stupid town, but since I can live without a huge-ass poster of Clay, I'm skipping that version. I ordered from Wally World tho, and Amazon, and QVC, (and iTunes), and I can't wait to have the precioussss in my hands. I want to hear me some Forget I Ever Knew You too. Hurrrrrrrrrry, Brown.

00lsee...really? My thighs seem to very voluntarily spread apart at his voice. :whistling-1:

*snort*

Well, she was probably at WORK, see...

I'm just saying she seemed a little...frustrated? Tense?

heh

Speaking of work, I'm so sorry, Couchie...make tonight extra special to make up for your frustration today. It will be worth the wait. I feel I can safely promise that.

MSNBC is hatin' on Clay's current do! along with posting that AP article...

Have to say I agree with this part!

The big problem with this, and all of his other hair don’ts, is the tendency toward flat iron abuse. The man can’t stand a wave or fluff or anything resembling the natural state of human hair. If only Clay would go with the flow.

I have always liked Clay's hair to be more natural.

I hate being at work when there is so much playing to do!

Oooh, got the text message. merrieeee, did you get it this time?

ETA: KAndre, he got us! Should I call merrieeee?

Eh, she'll just be jealous and try and steal our boyfriend...yeah! Tell her!

Well, who the hell knew? I seem to be missing a crucial tool with which to replace my burned out speaker wire with the NEW! IMPROVED! SUPERIOR GRADE! speaker wire....I don't happen to have a 'wire stripper' hanging around the house, so I'm gonna scoot over to the local hardware store...

Gosh. Whatever will I listen to ON MY WAY THERE? :whistling-1:

...and back? :whistling-1:

Hey, Couchie! Looks like I'll be heading your way! Going to the KMart near you...gotta get the copy with the extra song, of course...heeee!

So...the WalMart copy is not an extra song? Just a poster?

Other way around, muski - WalMart has an extra song, KMart has a poster. :)

Is the Walmart extra bonus song the "Forget I ever Knew You?"

And if I preordered from Walmart I should get that one right??

I am so confused!!!!

I LOVE that SPAMALOT SCRAPBOOK from Yollie950 - what a montage!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

eta: I am still a couple pages behind.... everytime I think I might catch up soon.... here comes another link to a video or something to click on!!! WHAT A DAY!!!!!

Reporting back from KMart trip-turned-adventure! Tip: Don't let the Clay CD love make you forget that you just made it home from the airport the night before on fumes & that the first thing you should have done in the morning was get gas.......

Moving on - they did have 6 copies of the CD in the first slot on the NEW RELEASES endcap. They didn't however have it tagged or signed in any way to let people know that it's IN THE FREAKING AD, ON SALE and/or IS SUPPOSED TO COME WITH A POSTER! :grrrr:

Anyway, I bought 5 of the 6 copies (wanted to leave 1 there for someone else before they hopefully get more in) and will take my receipt back to get the poster when they get it in tomorrow or Thurs. The cashier up front was very cute! She was a little African-American woman, I would guess in her 60's (looked about my mom's age), and she asked if I'd heard anything from the CD yet. I told her yes, that I'd already downloaded it from iTunes last night, but wanted this version because of the poster & was picking up extra copies for friends without Kmarts in their area. She said she was really looking forward to hearing the CD because "he can sing anything" and "he's always excellent"!

To sum up, I will have 3 (well, 4, but 1 set aside already) extra copies of the KMart CD w/poster once they come in & I pick them up this week. If you want one, PM me. If there are enough takers & others who want one, I'll be glad to get a few more if they've restocked by then.

Is the Walmart extra bonus song the "Forget I ever Knew You?"

And if I preordered from Walmart I should get that one right??

Yep and yep, Cha Cha, you should be good! :)

Thanks for the warning, I don't do MSNBC - they tend toward the bitchy, I don't need the help.

play - you CMSU!!!!

Moi aussi. Wouldn't click on MSNBC for anything. I do however love how famous Clay's hair is. BWAH!

Clay fans really are the bestest. MUAHHHHH thanks!

OH!! I forgot to mention.......

my sister called me this morning (not knowing that I was sleeping in from arriving home late last night from a very exhilarating and exhausting weekend!!)

to tell me there was a picture of Clay in the paper this morning and did I want her to save it for me??? I said YES, of course and asked her what the pic looked like. It sounds like a JBT picture, she said he's wearing a leather jacket and has an old-fashioned microphone. I am assuming this is in the Washington Post.

And then I went out the mailbox and got my 2 AMAZON CDs!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Looking at the CD Booklet right now. It's great to finally have an OH-fishul copy of the LYRICS! and be able to sing along........ cha cha runs off to fetch reading glasses.......

I was a bit disappointed with the digital booklet from the itunes download... when I saw the scans of the CD one, I hoped the digital one would include the gorgeous sunset/profile photo. I sure hope we get a hi-res version of that sometime!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

GRRRRRRR (t/m Dennis)! I guess the SUPERIOR GRADE speaker wires need SUPERIOR tools in order to use the damned things! I got the wire strippers...yeay! But the damned plastic surrounding the wire is so damned SUPERIOR that I can't separate the two lines in order to put them in the right slots.

The wire I took OUT of the speakers is a smaller gauge and the plastic is EASY to separate...but the SUPERIOR 14 GAUGE plastic casing is so damned SUPERIOR that I can't for the life of me separate the damned SUPERIOR wire groups...

Shit.

I'm putting the one speaker closer to the damned amplifier and using the old wire---the long piece that wasn't burned---I'm getting pissed and I want to listen to Clay in a peaceful mood, you know?

GRRRRRR>

I was shocked this morning, my K-mart actually had the poster. This is a very small K-mart and hardly has anything. Then I went to Walmart and looked and every other CD was out including Neil's but not Clay's. I found a man who opened boxes and found them. They only had the special edition one but it scanned for $9.72 so I was not going to argue. I listened on my new car stereo and it sounded great. I am in love with this CD. Damn those critics, what were they listening to. Because I sure am not hearing what they are. I am going to just ignore!!.