#32: Man with titanium balls and the voice to back them up!

Ansamcw

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Where he thinks he belongs, and it's not in any lane, it's all over the damned highway.
    • "Clay Aiken: #1 Bad Ass"
    • Large and in Charge...
    • Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"
    • He is too good, too magical...
    • I have seen the light and the light is named Clay!

Oh couchie you mean your real name isn't couchtomahto? I'm shocked!!!!

Hee my first name is hyphenated and no one has ever called me by it! Hmmm Maybe I'll start now.

I did! And it fits you. I like it.

I used to think it was pre-AI friends & family vs people whose acquaintance he made after AI.........until the whole Jaymes thing. :cryingwlaughter:

I understand the Jaymes thing, too. Both of the men I married called me by my nickname for a long time before meeting my family, eventually both were influenced by the rest of the family and would call me either/or. That's a cool name, Either/Or? I think Jaymes and Clay are so close that she's been around the family a lot.

Ha! My daughter was called Nee Nee by her Dad's family. She and I (the ubiquitous "we," **in my best Ed Grimley voice**) liked "Noelle" much better, but they didn't give it up until she was a teenager.

I am here to applaud the banner. It is stunning, hot, stuff.

I watched Idol. Was happy with the result. Obviously have completely different tastes in music than what I've read above.

Except for Jonas Bros. They hugely sucked. I thought George Michael's song was magnificent. Can't take much of Carrie Underwood. She starts out fine, but I'm always tired of her song delivery way before she's through. Donna Summer rocked. Her voice was wonderful tonight. I thought Ryan Tedder was lightyears better than David Archuleta. ZZTop, Graham Nash and Jordin Sparks were uninspiring. Bryan Adams looked great and I actually enjoyed him. Whoever I left out was forgettable. I thought the best "cast" song was the Michael/Carly duet. The Pips were funny, Guru Michael Murphy was not. And the Davids are already doing commercial endorsements. It did bug me that just about everyone appearing on the show that wasn't a singer was representing a product that had bought commercial time on the show. It's such a whore parade now.

I enjoy the fact that musically we are all over the map, but we come together over Clay Aiken. Cue John Lennon.

Come together ...

Over me!

Wow, that was heart pounding, the passion, the drama, the grace, the surprises, the brilliance, the WIN! YAY!

Go Lakers!

heee

was there another contest tonight?

ETA..wow, can't even imagine it. My heart goes out to SCC and family.

ETAA: Bwah..Clay just pops up when you least expect him...Watching Inside the NBA and they usually do a "Gone Fishin" thing with a photoshopped pictures of the stars of whichever team that just lost....well the Staples Center is near where Idol tapes so they did an American Idol "gone fishin" -- pretending like they were going to give away the winner but instead showed a picture of Fanny, Carrie, Taylor, Ruben, Clay and I think Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith. I was too busy looking at the cutie. They named them all and Kenny said..Clay can sing. YAY. heee never expected that..very cute. I probably have it on my DVR but have no idea how to get it off.

Conjecture here:

That place were Clay was seen having lunch was near Disney? On Idol tonight Ryan talked about the American Idol experience Disney is putting together that will open in January. I don't know what this experience entails, but Clay could have been recording/filming or doing voice overs for that.

That's such a tragedy for SCC's family. My heart goes out.

Come together ...

Over me!

heh....keepingfaith smutted.

And another American Idol is crowned. Think I'll go listen to a certain hawtsingerman with freckles, big ears and feet and hands and...whatnot.

Later, friends. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh, dear God....I just read this on CH:

They just announced on our local Fox news that Steven Curtis Chapman's young child was killed...I think in an accident.

(eta) His 5 year old daughter Maria was hit and killed by an SUV driven by her 15 year old brother in their own driveway.

OMG...SCC just did a song a few months ago called "Cinderella" about dancing with his daughter...dancing with Cinderella...

I can't imagine. I can't.

Oh, goodness. Double the tragedy. And that poor 15-yr old - such guilt as such a fragile age. You know - the teen years are hard enough without something of this magnitude.

So so sad. I'm sure all his fans are heartbroken along with the family.