#32: Man with titanium balls and the voice to back them up!

Ansamcw

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Where he thinks he belongs, and it's not in any lane, it's all over the damned highway.
    • "Clay Aiken: #1 Bad Ass"
    • Large and in Charge...
    • Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"
    • He is too good, too magical...
    • I have seen the light and the light is named Clay!

Oh couchie you mean your real name isn't couchtomahto? I'm shocked!!!!

Hee my first name is hyphenated and no one has ever called me by it! Hmmm Maybe I'll start now.

I think Clay is he, and Team Clay is we, and Clayton is what people called him before he become famous.

I don't think there's a Clay/Clayton split. The thought of that is weird to me. He's the same guy no matter what you call him. People in Raleigh who knew him "when" still call him Clayton because they knew him as Clayton in school or church or wherever. I have a nickname and if my parents called me that it would freak me out. I'd be confused. Vice versa with the people who have called me by the nickname for many years. I answer to either one, but I'm not different whatever you call me. You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, and I'm still the same hard-headed woman! I really don't think he has compartmentalized himself to have an alter ego named "Clay" the famous singer -- I think he's all the same guy. Even if I call him Ray, or Jay, or RJ, or Ray-Jay, or Johnson!

This is my take on it too.

We...is team Clay. When he talks about his AI experience he says I when talking about himself and we when he is referring to the idols of that year or Ruben and Klo. When he talks about his career...his recordings...its we when the work is done by the team since he does not make decisions on his own but listens to his teams advice. But when he talks about his Spamalot experience...except when he talks about the decision to take it...he always uses I. I hurt, I couldn't move, I can't dance.

Hey KF, that's how I've always read it as well. Nothing deep..just simple. Although my split wasn't as profound I wasn't called by given name until I went away to college and no one knew my nickname. And although I found some pretty good friends after the age of 18, never the twain did meet.

Hee, Couchie! Nice to hear nickname stories. It's been cute to discover that Solo and I shared the same "within the family" nickname. Even better that somebody has sung it lots and lots of times.

Hee about nicknames and real names...I know most people from this fandom scratch their heads when they get an email from me cos my RL name is so far from Ansa...which is my nickname with college/high school friends and Clay friends. But right now no one in my RL calls me that.

I really enjoyed that podcast interview. It is nice to have someone interview him who really gives him time to answer the questions. His feelings about AI are so much more clear in that interview. I thought it interesting that the interviewer being a broadway person, picked up on Simon's comment about Clay's voice being more suited for Broadway was given as an insult too.

Hee about nicknames and real names...I know most people from this fandom scratch their heads when they get an email from me cos my RL name is so far from Ansa...which is my nickname with college/high school friends and Clay friends. But right now no one in my RL calls me that.

*squeezes Ansa!* Our nicknames have been called the most bizarre in the world but I personally think they're cute. Mine's not in this form but how many people do you know who are called: Pot-Pot, Ning-Ning, Gen-Gen, Den-Den, Nit-Nit, Ding-dong, Dong-dong, no-noy, etc.?

His feelings about AI are so much more clear in that interview. I thought it interesting that the interviewer being a broadway person, picked up on Simon's comment about Clay's voice being more suited for Broadway was given as an insult too.

I think it acceptable for them (the interviewer and Clay) to chat a bit before the interview and go over things.

*squeezes Ansa!* Our nicknames have been called the most bizarre in the world but I personally think they're cute. Mine's not in this form but how many people do you know who are called: Pot-Pot, Ning-Ning, Gen-Gen, Den-Den, Nit-Nit, Ding-dong, Dong-dong, no-noy, etc.?

heee well we have a nee nee and a dee dee. Does that count?

I was called Angel by everyone until I was 18 ...now only my brother calls me that..or it will slip out from my mom every now and again.

"You're only as successful as you are happy."

:clap:

:wub:

heee well we have a nee nee and a dee dee. Does that count?

I was called Angel by everyone until I was 18 ...now only my brother calls me that..or it will slip out from my mom every now and again.

Oh those are even better than mine. They definitely count!

Thank you to Scarlett and atinal for offering to translate my note for me. I have PMed it to each of you. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

My officemates are gone for the day so I think atinal's your best bud for tonight. but I will still try tomorrow just in case.

Hee growing up my nickname was also a euphemism, in England, for the toilet and my DHs name is John. My maiden name was also a first name and my hubby's last name can be a first name, so I think we were destined to be together!

Hee growing up my nickname was also a euphemism, in England, for the toilet and my DHs name is John. My maiden name was also a first name and my hubby's last name can be a first name, so I think we were destined to be together!

:huh:

Is this a logic puzzle? :blink:

:cryingwlaughter:

So far in the first hour of the AI Finale:

Guest appearances by Donna Summer, Bryan Adams, ZZ Topp, and Graham Nash. Way to engage those younger viewers, TPTB!!

:cryingwlaughter: Also Jimmy Kimmel, who wasn't very funny.

ETA:

Now the tweenie heart throbs, the Jonas Brothers. They kinda suck.

Hee I'll never tell!

***Sniff*** I never really had a nickname.

Well, thanks to the amazing liney I have the most professional looking market research questionnaire to give my friend at work along with the "mystery" CD for my experiment. I will give it to her tomorrow and tell her to take her time with it - but tell her I will need it back by a week from Monday. Not sure what her plans are for the long weekend, but I don't want to pressure her!

I'll keep you posted on the results!

Hee I'll never tell!

Is it

lou

(

loo

)?

About Solo's and mine, he once sang it 4 times in a row, actually 5 out of 6 consecutive words even.

merrieeee, I don't know how "destined to be" works. My ex's nickname was a baby kangaroo and the nickname y'all know me by is a baby eagle.

Doesn't Claygasm count? :lilredani:

I understand the Clay/Clayton thing. I go by a variation of my name with family & friends. Although a few friends sometimes call me by my screenname, which is a nickname, too.

Well, thanks to the amazing liney I have the most professional looking market research questionnaire to give my friend at work along with the "mystery" CD for my experiment. I will give it to her tomorrow and tell her to take her time with it - but tell her I will need it back by a week from Monday. Not sure what her plans are for the long weekend, but I don't want to pressure her!

Definitely keep us posted. I might try something like this with a couple of people.

Doesn't Claygasm count? :lilredani:

Only to a select few.....

Definitely keep us posted. I might try something like this with a couple of people.

If you decide to do it, let me know and I will send you the 2 versions of the questionnaire liney made for me!

You know this wonderful podcast from today? Is it available for download through iTunes? I can never find podcasts there!

Hey guys -

Is Walmart Brick and Mortar the only bonus cut CD available?

Can't believe it but I forgot to look today when I was there.

I know iTunes has the "It's In Everyone Of Us', but that's all, right?

I looked at Walmart online and no bonus cut.

???

Amazon at $7.99

Walmart at $9.72

Best Buy at $6.99

Add: Tower at $6.99

That it?

(Never did get my poster from Kmart! pffft!)