#32: Man with titanium balls and the voice to back them up!

Ansamcw

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Where he thinks he belongs, and it's not in any lane, it's all over the damned highway.
    • "Clay Aiken: #1 Bad Ass"
    • Large and in Charge...
    • Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"
    • He is too good, too magical...
    • I have seen the light and the light is named Clay!

Just cuz I needed sunshine at the graveside . . . LOL

A really bad parody!

Song: He Is Not Dead Yet

Sir Clay:

I feel happy. I feel happy!

I am not dead yet

I can dance and act and sing

I am not dead yet

The IT I know I bring!

I am not dead yet

No need to cry in bed

No need to call the doctor

Cause I'm not yet dead.

CHORUS:

He is not yet dead

That's what the Popstar said

No, he's not yet dead

He even sings in bed

He is not yet dead

He is still far ahead

Fret not about the charts because he's not yet dead.

You think he's dead

You bang your head

You cry because you fear he's dead

It makes me just see red

The biz can be a brute

Radio is mute

The airwaves living backwards are near.ly. dead

Old knaves put music in the grave

Moguls need to wake and see today.

Sir Clay:

I am not dead yet

I am not dead yet

The IT I know I bring!

I am not dead yet

No need to cry in bed

Cause I'm not yet dead.

CHORUS:

Oh we're off to hear

‘cause he’s not yet dead

We will all cheer

As the Knight sings in our head.

He’s coming too

With his parts made of Pure Steel

He'll be our musician

He’ll have Surprises to reveal!

CHORUS:

Oh he’s not yet dead

To Concerts we will go

The voice and man behold

We’ll give him all our dough

Even though we’re told we’re much to old

We'll be going to his shows

Because we're not yet dead

And he’s coming, too

His name will be Sir Clay

He'll be our musician

'Cause he’s not yet dead

He’ll kill

Us all

He gives us such a thrill

He’ll sing,

Entrance

Give us a Glance!

ALL:

Our hearts will Soar

We'll have Big O’s by the score

And we will shout by for MORE!

Because we're

not

yet

dead.

~Playfully stolen and fractured by Cotton

Cotton, that was totally bwah-worthy!

playbiller -- I thought the Costco and Sam's Club copies of Clay's albums don't count on the sales charts?

That restaurant information is...interesting. I'm like Ansa in that I assumed (wrongly) that Clay would head home as soon as he was done with the last bit of promo. OTOH, the last bit of promo was technically supposed to be Ferguson, which would have been Monday. I guess my feeling on him being out and about in California is that I hope he's having a good time, and is wearing appropriate sunscreen. *g*

Welcome back ausdon!

How many auxiliary branches of the eHp are there?

I'm feeling better today, although I still hate the percentage drop that OMWH did yesterday. Having said that...I still do totally believe that Clay will have a career in the music business -- a career that HE chooses to pursue. I think that's one of MY pet peeves: that some people (sorry YSRN, I think it will take me a long time to break that habit *g*) never will believe that Clay has control of his career. Sure, he's got people around him -- but they aren't called Team CLAY for nothin'. And yes, technically, RCA is his boss -- but I simply can't believe that he doesn't have some input into his recording career. He may have been "asked" to do ATDW, but I also think he did that album the way he wanted to do it, and put out a damn fine CD. I also still think to this day that OMWH would not have happened without ATDW coming first -- both in the fact that he "played the game" two years ago, plus also the life lessons he learned through the process. And yet, I know people who just cannot see that. I know perceptions are always different for different people, though, but it doesn't mean that I don't find it frustrating.

Wow, that went off on a tangent, didn't it? Sowwy.

Anyway, I think I'll go off and listen to OMWH right now. It does a body good.

That's great, Cotton! :lmaosmiley-1:

Thanks.

Guess I was in a mood this morning!

:rolleyes:

:lol:

Now if Play could just tell me how I could use this as a jumping off point to start a thread at OFC.

I swear, every single time I've started a thread there it's gotten moved to an existing thread and lost! :8:

If you posted it in "The Man" forum, which gets the most traffic, it would most likely get moved to the "Clay In You" forum at the OFC, Cotton. That seems to be where they plunk creative efforts. If you do decide to post it, let us know - I'll put my blinders on, head on over & support ya!

I had a really good Clay dream last night..... :kiss: :sleezy: No, no - not that kind of Clay dream! :cryingwlaughter: I dreamed that I was seeing Spamalot with him. Just sitting with him in the audience. It was so good because he was laughing and I love his laugh - guffaws, giggles & all. I'm not sure if I was laughing more at the show or at/with him. I actually woke up laughing this morning. I feel happy! :D

Ah, but if you involve Butterflyshine before hand, less likely to be moved. I find preemptively connecting with someonw who runs things helps aviod any issues like that. She seems as upset ans anyone and if we can get her support, we can get a stickey.

heh, that report of Clay sitting int the audience of SPamalot before going to CA was fun. That he ast inthe audience, sure we are gone and that he could sneak in and out alone was amusing. I knew I should have gone a few days later, I am just not sure they are selling SRO right now.

Anyway, it shows the draw to see the people replacing you and what normal audinece reactions would be.

Awww! annabear! I would LOVE to sit next to him in the audience of almost ANYthing!

I'm really jealous of his friends who get to see him in his off time.

Although I bet he ain't any kind of easy to live with, I think the perks of seeing his mind and wit work and just the whole heart of the guy must be all kinds of fun!

And - I'm still thinking about whether to just blog my parody (which is fruitless cuz only about 4 people would see it) or just stay over here! I'm kinda skeered to venture to OFC too. Ain't it sad?

I did post it at CV.

Glad I could give y'all a laugh this morning.

Really. Sometimes that's all we can do! :cryingwlaughter:

ETA:

So, Playbiller, any ideas on approach?

Could I use the parody as a kind of opening for others to bring a laugh for the day? What would be most likely to stay in The Man?

Any suggestions?

BWAH, Cotton!

These lines in particular cracked me up:

You're never too old to have a good time! I installed my new tv tuner in my new laptop, and I can now split my widescreen laptop between tv and internet surfing! So, I was reading FCA last night and watching Leno at the same time. (Muski - are you laughing at me? :P ) Jay had a couple on the show who just celebrated their 75th anniversary. The guy is 95 and the lady is 93, and they were a hoot and a half! They kissed on their first date. Jay asked them the strangest place they've made whopee, and they said in an airplane - more than once! The husband called his wife a hot babe. And they go on cruises quite often.

If they can have so much fun, we certainly aren't too old to follow our Adonis around and give him all of our dough! And he's definitely not dead yet. Not by a long shot. I intend to follow him around for a good long time, notwithstanding the changing recording climate.

Clay Aiken is one of the most glorious tenors I've heard recently. I still hate the blond. Was totally entertained by Usher on DwtS. There is no frickin' way on this green earth Clay could do what Usher does. And frankly that gets radio play. But you know what? It took him four albums to get where he is. And it was ten years after his debut. Ten years. That song that Clay did so well? Yeah? The album it was on? It sold 1.1 million in it's first week back in 2004. (Usher went on to do Broadway too. I think he got not good reviews). As wonderful as Clay's debut was, it really wasn't the end all and be all some make it out to be. Clay is working the hand he was played like a pro. Ask a successful performer, like some of the ones I follow? Their career arc is a lot like Clay's. I just get tired of the stupid speculation. And really, much of it is stupid. Like taking medical advice from that dude who plays "House". There is also no frickin' way on this green earth Usher could do what Clay does. And that's why Clay has a pretty good fucking career too.

KAndre', posts like this one of yours really help to put things into perspective for me. It's good to be reminded that other highly successful artists have taken time to build their careers. There are probably thousands of facts like this about other artists.

I did enjoy Usher's second performance last night, I didn't see the first one. I'd say I enjoyed that guest performance the best of any I've seen on the show this year, although I will admit to not watching the results show early in the season.

Okay, y'all.

I have to go to the grocery store.

I don't know why I resist. Just inertia, I guess.

Anyhoo.

I'll check back and see it y'all have any ideas about OFC. I'm all for trying to get positive at Clay Aiken's own board!!!

:)

Need anything while I'm there???

Got Milk?

BTW, I'm going to Walmart. Maybe a cd will jump in my cart! (Although those $7.99 prices elsewhere look really good!)

heh, that report of Clay sitting int the audience of SPamalot before going to CA was fun. That he ast inthe audience, sure we are gone and that he could sneak in and out alone was amusing. I knew I should have gone a few days later, I am just not sure they are selling SRO right now.

Sometimes I feel like I must read with one eye closed, because I swear this is the first I've heard of this, too. I know he mentioned having snuck in and seen the play after they announced that he would be in it, but before he started, but I sure don't remember reading that he went after his run was over. Can you elaborate?

I don't remember the last time I logged in over at the OFC. Oops, yes I do, they day Clay blogged. Hee. Don't think I can drag myself back into that MB, though.....not even in the name of positivity. :P

FromClaygary filled a box with LOTS of Clay goodies for me and although I could not attend a CD Release party t his time, I now have a few of the goodies. Awesome, awesome stuff.! :wub:

OMG - I got all teary eyed searching through the "shreddies packing" for all the goodies.

Thank you FromClaygary, you cannot possibly know what a pick-me-up it was to receive that box today. :thbighug-1:

me myb :hugs-1:

Whew...sounds like she's forgiven me for the "shreddies"; don't anyone tell her she'll keep finding them in the house until 2016.

Anyway, it shows the draw to see the people replacing you and what normal audinece reactions would be.

Huh??!! I've obviously scrolled past something! :lol:

Tell me more, would you, or point me in the right direction?

"Talking about the boards on the boards"? Ehh....I try not to. I'm human, so sue me. It happens.

When it does, my preference is not to name names. My Dad taught me to at least try to be polite when you're being a bitch. So when I pointed, he smacked my hand. Old habits die hard.

I have definitely learned I don't deal well with negativity, though. That's my problem. I do from time to time appreciate somewhere to rant about it.

Just scroll.

I'm thrilled to be getting some "sighting reports" though...to me, that's the FUN!!!1!!1 I love.

So, can someone tell me more about that Spamalot thing? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I really wish that FIEKY was on the actual CD everywhere and not just WalMart. I love that song and when I give the CD as a gift I want the giftee to hear it, but I don't want to buy the more expensive WalMart copies! Because I'm a cheap bitch. And you can't just download it from anywhere. Arrrrgh.

As someone who just recently experienced fallout from bringing over someone's post/thoughts from another board and who saw people here respond more to the postER than the actual content of the post, I can say that referring to others' words---directly or indirectly---is fraught with inevitable danger. Damned if you do (use names), damned if you don't. Hell, you can even be damned in PM by someone not on the board who lurks and reads something she thinks is "dragging her name through the mud" when you don't even mention her name or the board! (waves to lurker ^_^ )

Basically, it comes down to the 'small town syndrome'. All the boards are incestuous to some degree; the same relatively small group of internet fans permeate more than one board, either by membership or lurker status, and no info is really the property of any one website. I do know that at least here I feel free to voice MY opinion, whatever it might be or however popular or unpopular it might sit with others, without waiting for some multicolored ink to find a reason it's not quite okay. I can't keep up with all the 'rules' and get confused when I read again and again "allowed" expression from some posters things that apparently elicited ink from others. Too much work to learn all the exceptions to the rules.

So I just merrily skip around here... :ura: :Boss: :yahoo::twinklewhore: 'coss y'all have kewl emoticons! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I get a free lunch today! Going to a presentation by a software company wanting to sell me an event management software package.

Hmmm....somehow the words "soft" and "package" just don't go together on a Clay Aiken fan board. :whistling-1:

I keep forgetting -- LOVE THE BANNER cha cha! I'm glad you included Yummy!Edamame!Clay!

I also keep forgetting -- welcome dummie!

Cotton, I have a whole grocery list, and really no time to bu food this evening. Can you help?

Well, I did it -- emailed my local AC station (one I do listen to when I'm getting up in the mornings) and asked for OMWH. Said I'd heard it on Jimmy Kimmel the other night, and I thought it would be a good fit for the stations. I'll let you know if I hear anything back. ETA: just did. She will pass on my request for OMWH to the programming director, and then the DJ asked if I wanted to hear anything else during their all request lunch hour. I'm asking for ICMYLM by Bonnie Raitt. *g*

Yeah, I'm missing the Spamalot story too....

"Talking about the boards on the boards"? Ehh....I try not to. I'm human, so sue me. It happens.

When it does, my preference is not to name names. My Dad taught me to at least try to be polite when you're being a bitch. So when I pointed, he smacked my hand. Old habits die hard.

Heh, you sound like me. Being nice while not really being nice. When that gets ingrained in you, it's hard to stop.

Basically, it comes down to the 'small town syndrome'. All the boards are incestuous to some degree; the same relatively small group of internet fans permeate more than one board, either by membership or lurker status, and no info is really the property of any one website. I do know that at least here I feel free to voice MY opinion, whatever it might be or however popular or unpopular it might sit with others, without waiting for some multicolored ink to find a reason it's not quite okay. I can't keep up with all the 'rules' and get confused when I read again and again "allowed" expression from some posters things that apparently elicited ink from others. Too much work to learn all the exceptions to the rules.

So I just merrily skip around here... :ura: :Boss: :yahoo::twinklewhore: 'coss y'all have kewl emoticons! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ITA with this, and it's similar to what I said last night about the "tone" of a board.

ETA: just heard back from my DJ person AGAIN! They don't have OMWH, so I'll have to keep asking about it every so often (like, again next week at this time...*g*). And she's got Bonnie "programmed" for me at 12:40 this afternoon. It sounds as if much of their programming is totally automated, except for things like their lunch hour requests. I do like this particular DJ, she emails me back almost immediately...

I really wish that FIEKY was on the actual CD everywhere and not just WalMart.

Me too! I am head over heels in love with that song. It's probably up in my top 3 from OMWH now....along with EIDN and probably Ashes. It changes daily. I was wondering when we were going to get around to it in our "song of the day" thingy, because I want to have an excuse to listen to it over and over and over and dissect every line that I love.

What, you mean I don't need an excuse? Hee, cool! :lilredani: Off to listen!

Had to bring this from the CH and laugh and laugh and laugh:

Dateline Hollywood

David Archuleta Trapper Keepers ready to go on sale

"Our market research shows that pre-pubescent girls who think kissing boys is 'gross' believe David Archuleta is the 'cutest' American Idol ever," said Trapper Keeper CEO Tad Lowell. "They particularly love how much less masculine and threatening he is than Justin Guarini and Clay Aiken."

Hell, do they even still sell Trapper Keepers?

I emailed the Dayton & Cinci AC stations that play in my area, saying that I'd heard Clay perform OMWH on GMA and asked if we'd be hearing it on their stations anytime soon. No response from either one. *sigh*

I'm thinking about emailing another Dayton station where one of the morning DJs likes Clay and I've corresponded with the PD before. He used to be a DJ at now defunct radio station we listened to in high school! :lol:

ETA: Bwah! KAndre :cryingwlaughter:

Dateline Hollywood

"Our market research shows that pre-pubescent girls who think kissing boys is 'gross' believe David Archuleta is the 'cutest' American Idol ever," said Trapper Keeper CEO Tad Lowell. "They particularly love how much less masculine and threatening he is than Justin Guarini and Clay Aiken."

Whats trapper keepers?

They particularly love how much less masculine and threatening he is than Justin Guarini and Clay Aiken."

:blink:

So now he's masculine and threatening?

:fssign:

Well...I mean....masculine, yeah....but threatening?

Only to my bank account.

Just cuz I needed sunshine at the graveside . . . LOL

A really bad parody!

Song: He Is Not Dead Yet

Sir Clay:

I am not dead yet

I am not dead yet

The IT I know I bring!

I am not dead yet

No need to cry in bed

Cause I'm not yet dead.

CHORUS:

He is not yet dead

That's what the Popstar said

No, he's not yet dead

He even sings in bed

He is not yet dead

He is still far ahead

Fret not about the charts because he's not yet dead.

You think he's dead

You bang your head

You cry because you fear he's dead

It makes me just see red

The biz can be a brute

Radio is mute

The airwaves living backwards are near.ly. dead

Old knaves put music in the grave

Moguls need to wake and see today.

Sir Clay:

I am not dead yet

I am not dead yet

The IT I know I bring!

I am not dead yet

No need to cry in bed

Cause I'm not yet dead.

CHORUS:

Oh we're off to hear

‘cause he’s not yet dead

We will all cheer

As the Knight sings in our head.

He’s coming too

With his parts made of Pure Steel

He'll be our musician

He’ll have Surprises to reveal!

CHORUS:

Oh he’s not yet dead

To Concerts we will go

The voice and man behold

We'll be going to his shows

Because we're not yet dead

And he’s coming, too

His name will be Sir Clay

He'll be our musician

'Cause he’s not yet dead

He’ll kill

Us all

He gives us such a thrill

He’ll sing,

Entrance

Give us a Glance!

ALL:

Our hearts will Soar

We'll have Big O’s by the score

And we will shout by for MORE!

Because we're

not

yet

dead.

~Playfully stolen and fractured by Cotton

This is brilliant!! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Sometimes I feel like I must read with one eye closed, because I swear this is the first I've heard of this, too. I know he mentioned having snuck in and seen the play after they announced that he would be in it, but before he started, but I sure don't remember reading that he went after his run was over. Can you elaborate?

I don't remember the last time I logged in over at the OFC. Oops, yes I do, they day Clay blogged. Hee. Don't think I can drag myself back into that MB, though.....not even in the name of positivity. :P

I haven't heard this either.

Dateline Hollywood

Whats trapper keepers?

Trapper Keepers

God, I hadn't thought of these in YEARS -- since I had my Bay City Rollers Trapper Keeper in 9th grade!

Trapper Keepers were the first binders I can remember that had clear covers so you could slide pictures of your fave teen heartthrob in the cover rather than those lame one covered in canvas. You could also stick rainbows and unicorns and crap on them.

Y'all know it's a parody site, right?