#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

Who is mary Stuart?

Akim, would Lalate count forthe countdown? The date is close.

Finally, for our LALATE Clay Aiken fans, stay tuned for the coming weeks. We a big surprise coming to LALATE to celebrate LALATE’S 2nd year starting August 22.

ETA O/T Someone claims to have a body of Big foot andthey are releasing this information later today. Area was the Georgia mountains. I thought Bigfoot was in Wyoming. Tey also claim they know were a group of live big feet are.

playbiller, it's Marty Stewart (a guy country western singer) not Mary Stewart (which I'm sure there are 20 gazillion of those around...)

perma, now that was just naughty...

The LaLate site just seems rather weird to me. I like their stuff they do, but at the same time...I don't know. I just have this feeling about them.

Probably talking out of my ass though. I do that from time to time.

Yes, couchie, one-week birthday! Hee.

Marty Stuart - he and Travis Tritt did the No Hats tour together. Took this out, because, D101 - I was thinking of someone else. I am not positive, but I think he does more country/gospel now. He was quite the rebel.

I think there's at least one BigFoot living in Raleigh, NC.

What?

LALATE?

I think the Big Surprise has nothing to do with Clay, but with the site's anniversary.

That Big Surprise notice has been showing up at the site for ages.

It SEEMS to be linked to Clay, but if you look at it carefully, it's just stated adjacent to Clay mentions?

That's the way I see it anyway.

I think it's an LALATE surprise, not a Clay Surprise.

Just succumbed to the schmoopie...

Got an image in my mind of Clay holding his son in a rocking chair and singing to him. What a lucky little baby to hear that voice full of a love from such a man---that NO ONE ELSE can know.

I'm insanely jealous of a one-week-old baby! :cryingwlaughter:

Just succumbed to the schmoopie...

Got an image in my mind of Clay holding his son in a rocking chair and singing to him. What a lucky little baby to hear that voice full of a love from such a man---that NO ONE ELSE can know.

I'm insanely jealous of a one-week-old baby! :cryingwlaughter:

I think I need to come over and take your temperature. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I think, like many sites, they start by focusing on people who get them hits. If you read it now, Clay is only a small part of it.

Years ago, I read that beanie baby sales made E-bay huge, not so much anymore, but a start is a start.

I was hoping for an exclusive interview, but what ever.

I'd love an interview, too. Hoping we might get something like that once he gets back to NYC.

I could see Clay doing something with Linda Loveland before he goes back to New York, because it seems like she has been a friendly conduit for for talking to the Clay Nation - sort of a "Fan Surrogate", if you will.

But then again, what the heck do I know? I should give up trying to predict what the guy will do because I seldom have any success.

:lilredani:

"Oops!! Sorry!!

I didn't mean to wake everyone up.

I was just checking on Parker, and he wanted me to pick him up and sing to him.

I could just tell!!"

350397740_oB8dT-L-1.jpg

Perma.... love the expression on his face! Nah, you didn't wake me up... startled me, tho... :cryingwlaughter:

Muski... wonder if that Love Sac is getting a workout... :cryingwlaughter: He might like that better than a rocking chair. I remember just holding those tiny babies for hours on end. I know they tell you it's good to get them used to sleeping on a flat surface, but it is just such a precious time... they can learn to sleep in a bed later. :cryingwlaughter:

luckiest... thanks! I downloaded that puppy. Not that I'm planning on going back to school... I just wanted to hear teacher Clay. LOL

Press Release about Why Music?

Clay Aiken and Marty Stuart Answer the Question “Why Music?” as Students Head Back to School

Reston, VA August 15 2008

Musical Stars Explain the Importance of Music Education in Award-Winning Radio PSA Series Produced by MENC: The National Association for Music Education

RESTON, VA (August 14, 2008) -- MENC: The National Association for Music Education released the newest edition in its series of radio public service announcements featuring top pop and country musicians for “Back to School” 2008. The series, called Why Music?, features musical stars talking about the value and importance of music education.

New artists joining the lineup for Back to School 2008 are Clay Aiken and Marty Stuart. Returning artists include Trisha Yearwood, Al Jarreau, Kathy Mattea, Gloria Estefan, Vanessa Williams, Patty Loveless, Janis Ian, Faith Hill, Chely Wright, Tim McGraw, Roger McGuinn, Bonnie Raitt, and others. (A complete list of artists participating in the series since 1997 can be viewed at www.menc.org/resources/view/why-music-radio-psa-series.)

Born in Raleigh, NC, Clay Aiken sang his way up from school choirs to the American Idol stage. Since then, Aiken has released five well received albums, and next month he returns to the role of Sir Robin in the Broadway musical “Monty Python’s Spamalot.” A current ambassador for UNICEF, Aiken has pursued his mission of bringing primary education to all children. Throughout his career, Aiken has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for children in need.

A local prodigy by age twelve, Marty Stuart’s mandolin playing led to a road gig with the Sullivan Family Singers. Stuart has since scored six top-ten hits, one platinum and five gold albums, and four Grammy Awards. Throughout his career in the country music industry he has collaborated with other top country artists such as Travis Tritt and Johnny Cash. Marty Stuart has also served as president of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum’s Board of Directors.

Each PSA in the Why Music? series features an artist talking about the importance of music education for today’s youth or a personal experience he or she had with music in school. The PSAs are available for radio stations to download at www.menc.org/resources/view/why-music-psas-for-back-to-school-2008 .

The PSAs are part of MENC’s unceasing efforts to keep music programs strong in America’s schools. “MENC’s mission is to advance music education by encouraging the study and making of music by everyone,” said John J. Mahlmann, MENC’s executive director. “We believe that the celebrity messages significantly raise the public’s awareness of the positive effect music education has on kids.” MENC releases Why Music? twice a year — in March to coincide with Music In Our Schools Month, and in September as children head “Back to School.”

“Music is intrinsically valuable on its own, of course,” continued Mahlmann, “but it doesn’t hurt, at a time when school budgets are so tight, to spread the word about the other ways learning music can benefit students. For instance, a recent Harris survey found that music education is associated with higher education and higher income, as well as personal fulfillment. If you want to be a CEO, college president, or even a rock star, study music!”

Why Music? has received several prestigious communications awards, including the League of American Communications Professionals 2002 Magellan Awards Publicity Campaign Competition Bronze Award for Community Relations and The Communicator Awards 2002 Audio Competition Crystal Award of Excellence. In addition, MENC was awarded Honorable Mention in the PR News 2002 Platinum PR Awards for PSA Campaign, and the 2001 Bronze Anvil Award for Best Radio Public Service Announcement by the Public Relations Society of America. The series was awarded the Mercury Awards 2003 Honors for the Campaign/Public Service Announcements category and the APEX 2003 Award of Excellence in the Public Relations and Information Video and Electronics Publications Category.

For more information on this series, contact Elizabeth Lasko at 703-860-4000 or elizabethl@menc.org. MENC’s Web site is www.menc.org.

MENC: The National Association for Music Education, the world’s largest arts education organization, marked its centennial in 2007 as the only association that addresses all aspects of music education. More than 142,000 members and supporters represent all levels of teaching from preschool to graduate school. Since 1907, MENC has worked to ensure that every student has access to a well-balanced, comprehensive, and high-quality program of music instruction taught by qualified teachers. MENC’s activities and resources have been largely responsible for the establishment of music education as a profession, for the promotion and guidance of music study as an integral part of the school curriculum, and for the development of the National Standards for Arts Education.

Elizabeth Lasko

Director, Public Relations

MENC: The National Association for Music Education

Reston, VA

Phone : 703-860-4000

Fax : 703-860-9404

From cafacara at CV:

I just got off the phone after buying tickets for Spamalot. The woman told me that the Nov. 30 evening show has been cancelled...they are going to a Friday matinee in its place that week. I have no idea if her information was accurate, but I was thinking it might be worth looking into is anyone had been planning to go to the show on the evening of Nov. 30.

I created a summary thread for Spamalot stuff here

I thought a place without chatter would be a good thing - so the first post is just theater information, including the information for added and deleted performances off the normal schedule, such as the comment above. I need to add more stuff.

If you post your hotel information or travel information in the regular threads, I will bring it over to the summary and put it with like inforamtion so you don't have to go reading through a lot of posts to find information. If you want eme to add something, PM me or put it in the regular threads - not in the summary thread. If we keep it free of comments, I can update and add posts as they are needed and it will be simpler to find the inforamtion needed.

So far no post is complete and I have not added all the posts I want because it mashes things together, I need to work on it some more. But most of the basic theater infromation is there, including dates and prices and most of the hotel inforamtion is there, I need to get more and organize it better.

From cafacara at CV:

I just got off the phone after buying tickets for Spamalot. The woman told me that the Nov. 30 evening show has been cancelled...they are going to a Friday matinee in its place that week. I have no idea if her information was accurate, but I was thinking it might be worth looking into is anyone had been planning to go to the show on the evening of Nov. 30.

luckiest... Not sure I believe this... I know part of his run there will be Wed matinees and no Sunday evening shows, but a Friday matinee??? We'll see I guess!

I can see the headline now: "Spamalot closes to celebrate Clay Aiken's 30th Birthday."

The cast and crew of the hit production, Spamalot decided to forego their usual Friday night performance in honor of their cash cow's 30th birthday. Aiken, who turns thirty on Nov. 30th could not be reached for comment.

/ :hysterical:

I can see the headline now: "Spamalot closes to celebrate Clay Aiken's 30th Birthday."

The cast and crew of the hit production, Spamalot decided to forego their usual Friday night performance in honor of their cash cow's 30th birthday. Aiken, who turns thirty on Nov. 30th could not be reached for comment.

/ :hysterical:

Except his b'day's Sunday not Friday! :cryingwlaughter:

:)

Gibby, much as I'd love another birthday celebration, I do not want to be another year older, so if you don't mind, please change your grats to FromClaygary. She and I will be sharing a bed this weekend, but not a birthday! :hysterical:

BTW, those hummingbird photos are beautiful and yes, the males are very territorial. I love their mating rituals, they do big swooping circles to attract the females, then apparently, once they've mated, they completely ignore them. The females are left to do everything, build the nests and feed the babies while the males go off beating their wings, attracting new females and defending their territory. Not particularly fond of the males, but they are pretty. (My DH is a bird lover, that's how I know all this shit stuff!)

BWAH!!! I just went and changed it. Sorry, I wasn't trying to make you older! Just in a hurry before I went to work. And now I'm stealth posting from work, so let's be quiet, okay? Heeee. :)

Glad you enjoyed the hummingbird pics! I agree that they are fun to watch. This last weekend there was a little baby hummer who kept flying straight up in the air, and then flying straight down. It wasn't part of a mating ritual, just a baby having fun learning about flying.

From cafacara at CV:

luckiest... Not sure I believe this... I know part of his run there will be Wed matinees and no Sunday evening shows, but a Friday matinee??? We'll see I guess!

This is accurate per the Telecharge site. I posted the current added/no show dates in the SPAMALOT Rewind - FCA Representing List thread here:

Dates & Times Exceptions – Per the Telecharge website

Added Performance: Wednesday - November 26 @ 2pm, Friday - November 28 @ 2pm, Monday - December 22 @ 8pm, Monday - December 29 @ 8pm, Friday - January 2 @ 2pm

No Performance: Thursday - November 27 @ 8pm, Sunday - November 30 @ 7pm, Wednesday - December 24 @ 8pm, Wednesday - December 31 @ 8pm, Sunday - January 4 @ 7pm

Crap,. a "wicked cell" of a thonderstorm is passing north of me and they have put a tornado warning on us. Now I can't leave my house wondering if it will be here when I get back. ZI don't remember tornados being much of a problem when I was younger, just hurricanes. I don't like it much.

My dog is kind of agitated, must be the weather.

On topic. I need to add all the discount ticket places I found for Spamalot.

If you are bored and don't feel like looking for the tour of Clay's house from WRAL, here is a link to

and