#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

Re: the blog..don't know how the person can say that Clay, Jaymes and Parker ARE all moving to NYC when Clay starts Spam. Yeah I may believe that but I wouldn't post it as truth or anything. Other than that, cute. David looks like he wants to take his belt out and give a few spankings LOL.

Its' Sunday already eh?

Re: the blog..don't know how the person can say that Clay, Jaymes and Parker ARE all moving to NYC when Clay starts Spam. Yeah I may believe that but I wouldn't post it as truth or anything. Other than that, cute. David looks like he wants to take his belt out and give a few spankings LOL.

Its' Sunday already eh?

Thank you for saying that- I figured I'd be the only one put off by that statement, but I've been doing so much bitching lately about the press and tabloids that I thought I'd give it a rest for a while.:P

I'm kind of bummed out. I think the package of baby clothes I sent for Parker has been returned. There was a notice in my mailbox yesterday of a return package at the PO, and that's the only thing it could be. I got the mailing address from The Ideal Idol site- it's a PO box. I wasn't sure when I sent it if it was still an up-to-date address, but if not, I figured the PO would know where to send it. Guess not. :(

Off to a bridal shower for one of my cousin's son's girlfriend. When I got the invitation, I had no idea who the shower was even for. I don't think I've ever met the girl. Oh well!

Don't take it too hard, they may be returning packages just because there was a threat. There are lots of crazies out there andI can see this news setting them off. If you are going to Spamalot, you can give it to Jerome, he takes stuff for Clay or leave it at the box office..

I came here to let people lookiing for a new hard drive that the is a refurb, but they claim an excellent one for a 750 gig Seagate at Woot.

I bought refurbs from them before, only one came damaged, I still love my scoomba, that I got for 1/3 the going price. Keeps me washing my floors regularly.

Nope. Y'all are not the only ones put off by fan speculation stated as fact.

Bugs the crap out of me. And I caused a bit of a kerfuffle at CV the other day questioning someone about their statement. Everybody rushed in to "explain" her post to me like I'm an idiot instead of seeing her penchant for doing that.

This woman goes to Faye's exercise class and people know that, so she should be a little more careful about broad statements, IMO.

Especially with all that happened in the past year with FBM and all that!

It's not that I have issue with whether or not the statement is true or not - it's whether the source is fact or rumor - even if it does eventually turn out to be true.

If you have facts, state your source, that's all I'm saying.

It's the librarian in me!

:clown_4:

Watch out you can get threatened with banning from some sites if you do that! Just a warning. I find that in this fandom, even after the baby mama dust up, there are still people above reproach, possibly because they will take their insider information and go home. I say - damn inside information, my opinion is probablymore valuable than those who heard something through the telephone line - "Clay is going back on broadway to play cock robin - the sky is falling eeeee! " type of information, I use critical thinking criticism an open mind common sense and wait for facts. Any supposition is preceded by a large number of disclaimers. Toot toot.

Off to the lake Atlantic (i.e. the waveleess ocean). later.

Watch out you can get threatened with banning from some sites if you do that! Just a warning. I find that in this fandom, even after the baby mama dust up, there are still people above reproach, possibly because they will take their insider information and go home. I say - damn inside information, my opinion is probablymore valuable than those who heard something through the telephone line - "Clay is going back on broadway to play cock robin - the sky is falling eeeee! " type of information, I use critical thinking criticism an open mind common sense and wait for facts. Any supposition is preceded by a large number of disclaimers. Toot toot.

Off to the lake Atlantic (i.e. the waveleess ocean). later.

Believe me, I was verra verra careful about my wording!

I managed not to get greened.

:lmaosmiley-1:

I personally cannot imagine Clay would dream of going off to NYC and leaving that baby behind, but I think that making that announcement FOR him might be a bit tacky.

I posted this in the Spamalot forum, but I'm hoping for a quick response, so just in case I'll post here too. If you have any advice for me, you can pm or post it in that forum - just asking the question here for a little attention :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hey there - any New Yorkers - help please!! We are looking at staying right outside the airport (JFK) in Jamaica, and taking the subway in (possibly cab home after). Even with a $50 cab ride, the hotel rates are a third of staying in Midtown. I've heard both good and bad about Queens/Jamaica area - but if we stick to our hotel (Best Western) what do you think?

When I google the area, there are some scary things - but seems to be that if you are right by the airport (which this is) it's not bad. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I personally cannot imagine Clay would dream of going off to NYC and leaving that baby behind, but I think that making that announcement FOR him might be a bit tacky.

I doubt he will go to NYC without Parker, but we don't really know and to make it such a statement is presumptuous. But that happens a lot in this fandom, going both ways. I left a particular board because speculation became fact at the drop of a hat, depending on who said it.

Thanks, laljeterfan!

She's just had some work done in her little Inlet house kitchen and mentioned she needed some new placemats. I made a set of 6. I think she'll like 'em.

I always worry a bit when I make something for her because she taught home ec!!! Not that she would ever say anything, but she's my big sister so - you know. . .

:)

The will they or won't question is definitely one of common sense for me and not something I'd think was debatable for 5 seconds. I find it hard to imagine any reason for a blogger to feel the need to bring up the subject. It's D101 to me. I posed this question to myself: Self, back when you had a weeks old baby, had it been necessary to move to another town for several months, would you have taken the baby with you? I read that as a silly question. And regarding both parents, if anything my husband was crankier about the first baby than me. A separation would not have happened. No way. No how. So, I don't see room for speculation. It's like speculating that Chistmas will fall on December 25th this year. Or speculating that Clay and Jaymes adore Parker and couldn't imagine being separated.

The will they or won't question is definitely one of common sense for me and not something I'd think was debatable for 5 seconds. I find it hard to imagine any reason for a blogger to feel the need to bring up the subject. It's D101 to me. I posed this question to myself: Self, back when you had a weeks old baby, had it been necessary to move to another town for several months, would you have taken the baby with you? I read that as a silly question. And regarding both parents, if anything my husband was crankier about the first baby than me. A separation would not have happened. No way. No how. So, I don't see room for speculation. It's like speculating that Chistmas will fall on December 25th this year. Or speculating that Clay and Jaymes adore Parker and couldn't imagine being separated.

Except, this is still just speculation. Clay could conceivably leave Jaymes and Parker at home, and travel on days off. He could have all sorts of reasons for doing so too - none of which would make him any less wonderful a father. If I recall correctly, didn't Andy leave his newborn to go out on the road with Clay for the JBT (or was it JNT?). Lots of parents do it - and it's two months from when he was born, not two days. Do I think he will? Prolly not. But to say it's ridiculous to think so, or to imply that he would be somehow lacking if he did - not right either. Not without all the facts.

I personally don't even know why either course of action would be all that inotable, except to those who would seize on Parker and Jaymes' not being in NYC as proof that Clay and Jaymes do not intend to live together, or that Clay will not really be all that involved with Parker..

Because that is such a pressing issue.

If I recall correctly, didn't Andy leave his newborn to go out on the road with Clay for the JBT (or was it JNT?). Lots of parents do it - and it's two months from when he was born, not two days. Do I think he will? Prolly not. But to say it's ridiculous to think so, or to imply that he would be somehow lacking if he did - not right either. Not without all the facts.

Yep.

When I put my little list of fan reactions together, I was inspired by noticing that all the different opinionators interpreted what little we know in a way which supported their own feelings or whatever. Same 'facts", wildly different conclusions.

Lots of parents do it - and it's two months from when he was born, not two days. Do I think he will? Prolly not. But to say it's ridiculous to think so, or to imply that he would be somehow lacking if he did - not right either. Not without all the facts.

Yep. Baseball players do it all. the. time. Twins' players have had at least 5 babies this major league season. Sometimes they leave the team for a couple of days if they are on the road or if their family is based elsewhere. If they are playing at home and based in the Twin Cities....most of them miss only a game, if that.

And they most certainly do not get the next couple of road trips off.

I heard a rumor that because Clay was committed to Spamalot through January, that Christmas would be morve to February 2nd, so we could still have our annual Christmas tour. Did any of you hear that?

J/K KF. I love how rumor start in the fandom and just wanted to tweak pretty much everyone.

Great top of the page, totally away from all the other posts.....that will make this the stupidest post ever.

ETA Will look arund for more hotel info this evening, Cindilu, I will pm you if I come across any information elsewhere

In all honesty, this is my gut feeling too - unlike many of the other people mentioned, this is a first baby in what was a high risk pregnancy (no speculation there, either). I don't see him leaving them behind. Makes no sense to go through all that and then do so - but what most people automatically object to, whether it is saying they WILL do something or the WON'T do something, is the statement of such things as fact. Call it a reaction to the past, if you will. Past bad experiences.

I also saw NO ONE imply that it would make him somehow lacking as a parent if he were to do so.

I also saw NO ONE imply that it would make him somehow lacking as a parent if he were to do so.

Me either - I think the only thing that might be said is that it is "proof" he and Jaymes are not close.

Looks like we might be brushed a bit with Hurricane Fay here - I think it will become a hurricane after it leaves Cuba and picks up a lot more warm water. The water temperature at the Keys is almost 90F, same for the water at St. Pete.

Except, this is still just speculation. Clay could conceivably leave Jaymes and Parker at home, and travel on days off. He could have all sorts of reasons for doing so too - none of which would make him any less wonderful a father. If I recall correctly, didn't Andy leave his newborn to go out on the road with Clay for the JBT (or was it JNT?). Lots of parents do it - and it's two months from when he was born, not two days. Do I think he will? Prolly not. But to say it's ridiculous to think so, or to imply that he would be somehow lacking if he did - not right either. Not without all the facts.

OMG! Is this the end of the world?? Cindilu, I completely agree with you! Maybe not for all the same reasons, but I completely agree with you.

Bottom line is, we have no actual facts on the nature of Clay's relationship with Jaymes other than they are dear friends who chose to have a baby together. We have no clue what their plans are when it comes to raising that baby, including their living arrangements. The nature of Clay's career takes him out on the road at intervals and it its completely possible he may not want to uproot everyone every time he travels. Maybe Jaymes doesn't relish the idea of moving from his palatial estate in NC (assuming she is living there for now, which seems logical, but that is not to be mistaken for living together because that would be speculation) to a small apartment in noisy NYC. I bet she has plenty of help in NC too - Faye, Jamie, other relatives. And it doesn't look like they are having Sunday matinees this time round, so Clay could easily fly home Sunday evening and stay until Tuesday morning. She may even take some of that time to go back to Vancouver with Parker so her family can get to know him. Or, they may all pack up and move to NY for his time in Spamalot (which also does not imply they are necessarily living together). Or she may spend some time in NC, some time in Vancouver, some time in NY. We just don't know and I bet Clay isn't telling us!

Lots of fathers have to leave their kids because of their jobs, and they don't have to baseball players or entertainers. My father traveled a lot and was frequently on the road Monday through Friday. It certainly wouldn't be the first time this happened and it certainly has no bearing on his ability to be a great father.

Seems to me like there are some fans who just want Jaymes out of the picture as quick as possible so Clay can get on with his life, find his true love and have that fairy tale life that some want for him.

Knowing Clay's background, I don't think he would want Parker to have the kind of life he did with one parent disappearing from his life and I can't imagine Jaymes going through what she did to have this baby to simply disappear.

Kim