#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

but what most people automatically object to, whether it is saying they WILL do something or the WON'T do something, is the statement of such things as fact. Call it a reaction to the past, if you will. Past bad experiences.

I also saw NO ONE imply that it would make him somehow lacking as a parent if he were to do so.

Exactly! Believe whatever you want. Just don't list it as fact cuz that's the only thing that bothers me. If people want to believe one way or the other I'm fine with that. There's nothing wrong with hoping this or that or believing this or that. Hell I think Parker will be there in NYC but I won't be blogging about it as fact. I think what happens is that if it then doesn't happen the way you have believed, the bitterness creeps in because Clay isn't acting like you think he should or would. I've seen that so many times.

I still will be shipping Clay and Parker and hope that his parents have worked something out that involves closeness most of the time and that's doesn't mean 24/7 but something more than summers and Xmas.

AIKim...yeah I hear ya. Perhaps by the time Parker is graduating from high school they (we) will truely understand what kind of commitment has been made here on all sides. I'm sure there will be lots of together time over the course of a lifetime so no thank you ma'am move along from him or her doing the same to him. Considering how much time they've spent together over the past 3 years I'll be suprised if it amounts to a life time of hand offs on holidays. IMO and all that.

geeze I edited that about 20 times and probably still doesn't makie sense.

might as well edit once more to say... I'm smiling still just thinking about Parker. Silly really but can't help it. I've never speculated much about Clay and his friends/family ... never been interested ... but this is WAY different. I'm surprising myself. Can't wait to see the baby.

To Next Food Network stars lovers..finally saw Aaron's show today. I liked it..and I love how it feels like a family show. His brother was way cute and I liked hearing the bits about his family. And I may try that macaroni salad!

BWAH Christmas in February? I guess Fake Clay is still alive and well and pulling the wool over the eyes of a desperate to be an insider fandom.

CG don't really think we're saying anything different at all..it's just the emphasis that is different on what we would prefer to see happen. IMO. It's all spec.

The will they or won't question is definitely one of common sense for me and not something I'd think was debatable for 5 seconds. I find it hard to imagine any reason for a blogger to feel the need to bring up the subject. It's D101 to me. I posed this question to myself: Self, back when you had a weeks old baby, had it been necessary to move to another town for several months, would you have taken the baby with you? I read that as a silly question. And regarding both parents, if anything my husband was crankier about the first baby than me. A separation would not have happened. No way. No how. So, I don't see room for speculation. It's like speculating that Chistmas will fall on December 25th this year. Or speculating that Clay and Jaymes adore Parker and couldn't imagine being separated.

Except, this is still just speculation. Clay could conceivably leave Jaymes and Parker at home, and travel on days off. He could have all sorts of reasons for doing so too - none of which would make him any less wonderful a father. If I recall correctly, didn't Andy leave his newborn to go out on the road with Clay for the JBT (or was it JNT?). Lots of parents do it - and it's two months from when he was born, not two days. Do I think he will? Prolly not. But to say it's ridiculous to think so, or to imply that he would be somehow lacking if he did - not right either. Not without all the facts.

I was just telling you something about myself. Not about Clay. I said I can't conceive of it, so there's no speculation in me. I don't need proof to believe things that are self-evident to me. I never say anything to try to convince others I'm right. I just express how I see something, or feel about it, how it does or doesn't strike me and move on to the next thing. I'm not infallible, you know. Regarding Andy, I have no idea about his family situation but there's a difference in taking a newborn on the road in a bus traveling with a band, and living a settled life in a nice apartment in the city. I wouldn't take a newborn on the road if it was an elective. I don't expect to be informed as to the whereabouts of Parker and Jaymes while Clay is in New York. I'll assume they're all together, unless I'm told differently, and it works for me.

I have to say something brutally honest here! Quite frankly I don't care where Jaymes and Parker are while Clay is doing Spamalot. It's none of my business and I'm only interested in one Clay Aiken. Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled for Clay that he has Parker etc. etc. but I have no vested interest in any one else around him.

Do I care to see a pic of Parker? It would be nice but I don't have this burning wish for one. Do want more details of their personal lives? No. I wish them well and lots of happiness but it's no more than I would do for a person I know through work. Does that make me hard? Then I guess I am. I am a fan of Clay Aiken period! Not Parker, not Jaymes or anyone else in Team/Family Clay!

I have to say something brutally honest here! Quite frankly I don't care where Jaymes and Parker are while Clay is doing Spamalot. It's none of my business and I'm only interested in one Clay Aiken. Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled for Clay that he has Parker etc. etc. but I have no vested interest in any one else around him.

Do I care to see a pic of Parker? It would be nice but I don't have this burning wish for one. Do want more details of their personal lives? No. I wish them well and lots of happiness but it's no more than I would do for a person I know through work. Does that make me hard? Then I guess I am. I am a fan of Clay Aiken period! Not Parker, not Jaymes or anyone else in Team/Family Clay!

Nothing wrong with that at all. It's how I always felt in the past with the Nicks and Amandas and grandmas and Amys and whoever elses. Just didn't care.

I am interested in Family Clay but will settle for whatever little tidbit comes my way. Don't think it will be much and that's the way it should be but I'll take it, gladly.

To Next Food Network stars lovers..finally saw Aaron's show today. I liked it..and I love how it feels like a family show. His brother was way cute and I liked hearing the bits about his family. And I may try that macaroni salad!

couchie - I finally caught the show too and that macaroni salad, with a few minor differences, is what my Mom always made... Mom used actual sweet pickles but I bet the sweet relish works just as well - it was always her secret ingredient... good stuff!

My song of the day today is Broken Wings. I've missed it while I've been cheating on it with a bunch of new songs.

eek spikesmom sorry...pushed edit so fast, didn't know it was yours. Hope I didn't delete anything you wrote. Geeze, haven't done that in at least a year. heee.

:huh:

You mean there are still people in this fandom trying to start sh...stuff, or keep the same old sh...stuff going? And there are still "insiders"? And that there are people who still believe them? And that just because someone posts something on a message board or blog doesn't necessarily mean it's fact?

:o

Gosh. Who knew? (tm King Arthur)

:rolleyes:

I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

:P

Believe whatever you want. Just don't list it as fact cuz that's the only thing that bothers me.

Amen.

might as well edit once more to say... I'm smiling still just thinking about Parker. Silly really but can't help it. I've never speculated much about Clay and his friends/family ... never been interested ... but this is WAY different. I'm surprising myself. Can't wait to see the baby.

Hee - couchie's all schmoopie. I really wanna see the little guy, too. Whenever they're ready. :babybuckethat:

I missed it this weekend, but I liked the one where he made the oven fries & the chicken finger salad - YUM.

IF they were married and a traditional couple, would we be having this discussion about Jaymes and Parker going to NYC?

Whoops, forgot for a minute ....... we are discussing Clay. :wub: Of course, this discussion would be going on.....

Sorry, guess I am being rather sarcastic. This discussion is prominent on most of the boards as I am sure most of you know. I too wonder.... only natural under the circumstances. I am in the "all-3-in-NYC car".

I truly think that some/many/we are/I am concerned/worried/afraid that if they are not together in NYC, that it means they are not a couple. And I think that most of us/some of us/we/I hope that they are. :):wacko:

:D

I heard a rumor that because Clay was committed to Spamalot through January, that Christmas would be morve to February 2nd, so we could still have our annual Christmas tour. Did any of you hear that?

playbiller, I just wanted to say that you CMSU!!!

:cryingwlaughter:

I truly think that some/many/we are/I am concerned/worried/afraid that if they are not together in NYC, that it means they are not a couple. And I think that most of us/some of us/we/I hope that they are.

ToldforThis...BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

Another tourney win for Carrie's team! Now they've won 10 games in a row! The championship game this afternoon was intense---both teams were really good with good pitching and hitting. Lots of hits and cool defensive plays and fun base running. But we won 12-6 and collected our second trophy...that was Carrie's last summer tourney and she was kinda schmoopie about it...

I tend to think that during the Spamalot run Jaymes and Parker will be in NYC with Clay----just my opinion. I mean, they have the money and means to make this possible, so why wouldn't they? Remember how happy we were saying Clay seemed all during Spamalot? We had fun talking about what might be making him so happy....heh. Well, we can probably be safe now saying it was because Clay WAS happy---knowing that he would soon be a dad.

For THIS run on Broadway, he'll be happy thinking about his son and his life and I bet also about how he'll have this son and Jaymes to go home to when the show is over. Lonely No More...No more Lover All Alone---regardless of what the "true" relationship between Jaymes and him is.

He has a family to go home to 'after work'. I'd be shocked if he didn't do everything he could to make it possible for him to do it. Just my opinion, of course.

It's gonna cost me $330 to board Shadow while MY family goes on vacation. But it's a good place--the dogs are outside most of the day, free to roam around, socialize or sleep...then have comfy beds waiting for them inside. I just couldn't stand the thought of keeping him in a true 'kennel' for that long.

My gut also tells me the Family Clay will be together in NYC. I think the main difference with most dads that need to travel is the control he has of the situation. Baseball players traveling with a team is not a good stable environment for a baby, with other dads the problem is financial. I think the fact that this is a steady gig is great for the baby and Jaymes. I'm sure they all can afford a perfect place to live in....If my guts is wrong and they live apart...that won't matter to me cos I;m sure they have a good reason for doing so and they really don't need to explain themselves to anyone.

they really don't need to explain themselves to anyone.

That's the crux of it, isn't it?

As curious as I am.

As interested as I am - maybe because my own son is close to Clay's age and no babies.

It's all up to Clay and Jaymes to define their lives and the life of their child.

Doesn't stop me wanting to see a picture, though. :cryingwlaughter:

Hard? I don't think so. For different reasons (maybe) I'm in a similar place. I'm a little curious, but mostly don't care about his living arrangements. I figure that's his business. I would like to see pictures though mostly because I want to see his face when he's with his little one (but not paparazzi shots, voluntary ones).

IF they were married and a traditional couple, would we be having this discussion about Jaymes and Parker going to NYC?

Whoops, forgot for a minute ....... we are discussing Clay. :wub: Of course, this discussion would be going on.....

Sorry, guess I am being rather sarcastic. This discussion is prominent on most of the boards as I am sure most of you know. I too wonder.... only natural under the circumstances. I am in the "all-3-in-NYC car".

I truly think that some/many/we are/I am concerned/worried/afraid that if they are not together in NYC, that it means they are not a couple. And I think that most of us/some of us/we/I hope that they are. :):wacko:

:D

And I'm so happy that I don't go to most of the boards. Love your use of emoties. :):wacko:

couchie - no worries - the post is fine... whatever you did, no harm done! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And I'm in the "they'll all be in NYC together" camp... I see this as very different from "regular" working guys who travel for business and sports guys... I'd only compare them if Clay was going on tour, different cities every day, tour bus, yada, yada - but this is a four month stint in one place - much easier to make happen, IMO.

So, what happens in London stays in London? Is that it? :naughtywag:

I spent today in an arena catching up with old friends. Amazing the different take they each had on the Clay & baby stuff. I'm worn out discussing it so I won't add much to the conversation here tonight.

Ds' team lost the baseball championships tonight. Ah well, 3rd place isn't bad. I think I need some sleep.

I think the whole discussion started not over a debate about whether or not Parker and Jaymes would be with Clay in NY during Spam,( and what it would mean if they were/weren't), but rather that someone in a blog posted rather matter-of-factly that they would be moving out there with him. For me, it always bothers me when people make pronouncements about Clay as if they are facts that they themselves have been made privy to, and not just their own thoughts, feelings or (sometimes un)educated guesses.

So, what happens in London stays in London? Is that it? :naughtywag:

Sorry! We all had a great time, wish you'd been there! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I spent today in an arena catching up with old friends. Amazing the different take they each had on the Clay & baby stuff. I'm worn out discussing it so I won't add much to the conversation here tonight.

See, you should have skipped seeing RS and joined us at the Clunch instead. We had a lot of fun and we were all on the same page....Jaymes and baby-wise!

Ds' team lost the baseball championships tonight. Ah well, 3rd place isn't bad. I think I need some sleep.

Awww, bummer! Get some sleep!

Honestly, I don't waste sleep or outrage over fairly meaningless pronouncements about Clay. I just think what I think and move on.

Makes life simpler.

Heh, I spent a day reading a blog that "had all the answers". As usual, I found I knew more than the person writingthe blog. maybe I shuld write a blog Oh, wait, I am supposed to do it. Which is the easiest blog to to maintain and control comments and add music to?

Wandacleo, you are a better person than me. First I read a pronouncment an the watch it spread trough the fandom. it is like a disease or something - what? Me with the disease or the way fake info spreads though the fandom? I am not sure which.

Sorry about #1son's baseball game, luckiest1. BUMMER!!!!

For the record, I do believe they'll both be there in NYC with him. I'd guess that's probably at least part of the reason he decided to go back to Spam. I'm just not going to judge what he does, either way.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! He's going back to SPAM!!!!SpamMe100x100.png

Heh, I spent a day reading a blog that "had all the answers". As usual, I found I knew more than the person writingthe blog. maybe I shuld write a blog Oh, wait, I am supposed to do it. Which is the easiest blog to to maintain and control comments and add music to?

Wandacleo, you are a better person than me. First I read a pronouncment an the watch it spread trough the fandom. it is lie a disease or something - what? Me with the dsease or the way fake info spreads though the fandom? I am not sure which.

Oh, no, I'm a complete bitch.

I'm just selective about my outrages.

Where is the outrage. We need to be picketing in the streets of Washington DC, every state building, and on Capital Hill. The cost of food is freakin' crazy!

Me too wandacleo.. and this is one of my pet peeves..just writing crap about Clay whether it's tabloids or fans. Whether it's Clay and family moving to NY together or Clay hating Clive Davis and RCA and didn't want to make this album,... good intentions (MAYBE) don't make it right. It just bugs. But I promise to sleep well tonight :cryingwlaughter:

Oooh did I remove allt he spam emoticons or leave them there. SPAM baby. Told mom tonight I was going back to NYC. heee. Of course first I told her she could go to Turks and Caicos for my cousin's wedding next May. :hysterical:

From CV . . .

I dont remember seeing this mentioned, if it has been I apologize, starfishy from the OFC brought this to my attention

Playbill yearbook

apparently its a huge 500 page book, with an interview with Hannah in it where she says stuff like, when she was there her dressing room was the "hangout" room, and that clays fans were

"clays fans were very full-on but lovely. they were so embracing of the rest of us as well, even after he left the show, i still get flowers and cookies from them, saying they liked me in the show as well"

but this part from the interview makes me very very happy :) this is from hannah as well

Most exciting celebrity visitor and what did he/she say: "Glenn Close. She didn't come to see me, she came to see Clay Aiken. I had just joined the show and I didn't realize she was there until I came out to the water cooler for a drink......."

How cool is that?!