#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

I have to say something brutally honest here! Quite frankly I don't care where Jaymes and Parker are while Clay is doing Spamalot. It's none of my business and I'm only interested in one Clay Aiken. Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled for Clay that he has Parker etc. etc. but I have no vested interest in any one else around him.

Do I care to see a pic of Parker? It would be nice but I don't have this burning wish for one. Do want more details of their personal lives? No. I wish them well and lots of happiness but it's no more than I would do for a person I know through work. Does that make me hard? Then I guess I am. I am a fan of Clay Aiken period! Not Parker, not Jaymes or anyone else in Team/Family Clay!

Me too, merrieeee. TO ME lately it just seems harder and harder to be a fan of Clay Aiken, period. Lately there has been precious little talk about Clay that hasn't been attached to talk about Parker and Jaymes and where they will live, are he and Jaymes a couple or dear friends or will they be in NY with him 24/7 or not or will Clay ever spend a night away from Parker and Jaymes or not etc, etc, etc.

I guess to a degree its only natural to be including talk of Parker, and in this fandom only natural for the rest of the speculation, but still. It would be nice if Clay and Clay alone were the focus of this fandom again.

Maybe in time.....

WOW, this was the best weekend birthday I've had in many years! Thanks to luckiest1, cindilu2, claymatron, heinz, alspaz....preden from Montreal....me myb by webcam all the way from Red Deer, AB...and especially goldarngirl and Clay's friend goldarnMr, the hosts with the mostest!

I'm not sure how I got so lucky as to be adopted by these special people, but I sure am thankful!!

You know, I've looked at that list several times and I have a feeling I'm missing someone....please forgive me if so, y'know I'm old!

AHEM. :3:

canfly goes to pout in the corner cuz claygary forgot her... :crying1:

JK, lol. :hug:

luckiest1,

It seemed very strange that you weren't there. You are like a fixture at the cluncheons. :unsure:

Saturday's cluncheon was lots of fun~this time we had TWO special guests~preden from Montreal, who sat beside goldarngirl and I at Spamalot in March, and has never been the same. :lol: and me myb from Red Deer, who was with us via webcam. How totally cool!!
Zat wuz kewl...cept when I almost sat on her...ahem...the laptop. I've never seen a webcam in action, so totally kewl and nice that it was somebody I've actually MET, so it wasn't like a stranger sitting there watchin' us, lol.

Those of us staying with goldarngirl of course did the Clayfan thing~ie, stayed up until 3 AM both nights talking about.....guess who??.....and got up the next morning and started out all over again. Lots of good philosophical discussion though!
I missed the juicy stuff didn't I? :sigh:

...and of course to top it all off...we agreed (mostly) on a Spamalot date, and booked our hotel. Anyone been at the Wellington? It looks fine.
I've booked the Marriott Courtyard cuz we needed 2 double beds and $329 plus tax was the best we could find. Crap. I need a new car.

New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot...

canfly crosses fingers that nothing else breaks on the 18yr old T-bird or the 13yr old gas guzzling Yukon. Took collision off the car. That saved me $120. That pays for one Spam ticket, lol.

Still gonna keep my eyes out for hotel deals cuz I can always cancel the Marriott. Would rather be a bit closer too.

Re: the discussion. It never even occurred to me that Jaymes and the baby wouldn't be joining Clay in NYC. I saw one of the reasons for him choosing to do Spamalot vs doing a tour being because he didn't wanna be draggin the baby across the country. I can't see him wanting to be away from the baby. He's said he wanted so desperately to be a daddy. He'll want to be there IMO.

Cuz I'm in the same doghouse that the blogger is with some cuz it never occurred to me that Jaymes and the baby would be anywhere else but in NYC during the run.

:shrug:

Ah well...

EEEEEEEEEEEEE for spam!!! :laola0:

Cagney is right down the road for me. Hi I am at LBi as I type this!!!

Crap, I did fast reply, no hand waving emoticon from me.

Claygazm. this is pretty big news in Clayland, I think it does deserve a little time for discussion. look at it this way, most people aren't talking about Jaymes, heh. I think she likes that nice quiet anonymity. Babies do change your life. Sometmes even if they are not yours. Heck, having a dog changed my life andgave me the confidence when I needed a boost. They also keep me out and around, you have to walk them no matter how much you want to lie in bed and not move. mine keeps me from becoming a sleep addict. she wakes me at 2 Am to play ball, but I still have to get up at 8 AM to let her out, or at the beach, take her for a walk, because she won't pee on her little property, o at home, it is OK, but here,,,,noooooooo.. Didn't your Waldo change yours a bit?

Cuz I'm in the same doghouse that the blogger is with some cuz it never occurred to me that Jaymes and the baby would be anywhere else but in NYC during the run.

:shrug:

Ah well...

Nice to see you canfly! Miss your late night wrap up posts!

Well I'm the one that first made a comment about the blogger and I also think Parker will be with Clay and I'm not putting myself in the dog house. I didn't think the distinction would be so tough to explain but don't want to run it into the ground LOL.

so to change that subject

New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot...

thread title LOL I think we all understand this sentiment

Play LOL..you know, I don't talk that much about Jaymes and all my thoughts are with Clarker (somebody slap me now LOL) but it's not because I wish her out of the picturel In actuality when I think of her it's as the mom and for some reason I think "the one with all the rights." So I just take for granted her position and my hopes go out for Clay that everything turns out like he envisioned, whatever that is.

Eh when Clay is back in front of me flashing his knickers I'll concentrate on him... or here's a thought... talk about Clay and I will follow. I just don't think it will go away fully. Could be wrong about that. We'll see.

Cagney is right down the road for me. Hi I am at LBi as I type this!!!

Crap, I did fast reply, no hand waving emoticon from me.

Claygazm. this is pretty big news in Clayland, I think it does deserve a little time for discussion. look at it this way, most people aren't talking about Jaymes, heh. I think she likes that nice quiet anonymity. Babies do change your life. Sometmes even if they are not yours. Heck, having a dog changed my life andgave me the confidence when I needed a boost. They also keep me out and around, you have to walk them no matter how much you want to lie in bed and not move. mine keeps me from becoming a sleep addict. she wakes me at 2 Am to play ball, but I still have to get up at 8 AM to let her out, or at the beach, take her for a walk, because she won't pee on her little property, o at home, it is OK, but here,,,,noooooooo.. Didn't your Waldo change yours a bit?

Oh if only Waldo had changed my life..... :whistling-1:

Oh, you mean my cat Waldo! Yeah, he did change mine a bit, but not that much because I had always had dogs and they are ever so much more needy than cats! Mostly he just provided me with company.

I DO understand, I just wish it were different.....

Interesting to read about the Rod Stewat concert. Got to see Bruce Hornesby at the House of Blues in Atlantic City last night. A terrific show but I kept wishing it was Clay on stage. I went with a friend who feels about Bruce the way i feel about Clay. I let her wax on rhapsodic about Bruce for two days - she just loves him. And he is a terrific musician with good stage presence. my friend cracked me up- she said she had seen Bruce (now hold on to your hats, ladies) 8 times in concert!!!! She asked me if thought that was a bit obsessive? No, perfectly normal, i said.

Hornsby toured with the Grateful Dead for at least a year--he was a good match for them. He's another guy who had his "star" moment and then faded, but it looks like he has been carrying on with a music career for a couple of decades since and still has intense fans. Cool.

Nice to hear about the gathering today--I miss mah posse.

You know, I was just looking at my siggie down there, and it occured to me that he really is going to have some true, unconditional love now. One person in the world doesn't care if he's Rock! Star! Clay! or Saint Clay, or Ambassador Aiken, or anything else. To him, he's just Dad.

cindi - this reminds me of a story Paul McCartney told a few years back.

It seems he and his son James were on a playground somewhere, and suddenly James looks up at him and says "You're Paul McCartney!!!!"

Somehow I can see the same thing happening with Clay and Parker.

I am behind, as usual, I was out all day yesterday and today, MIL is here spending the night,

and mrchach has to prepare for one of those nasty tests on Tuesday. Fun way to start the week!

Broth, Gatorade, and Jello!!

Sending healing thoughts and prayers to {{{clayedover}}}

Maybe I'll be able to catch up soon!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

{{{Clayzedover}}}

luckiest1,

It seemed very strange that you weren't there. You are like a fixture at the cluncheons. :unsure:

Is that a compliment? Hee, I'll take it as one. I missed you guys too, and hope that won't ever happen again. It was just bad timing.

EEEEEEEEEEEEE for spam!!! :laola0:

Yeah that!

It seems he and his son James were on a playground somewhere, and suddenly James looks up at him and says "You're Paul McCartney!!!!"

Hee, that's cute! I hadn't heard that before. Rod Stewart did a Cat Stevens' cover called "Father and Son" (??) and during it he showed video of his 3 sons, mainly the youngest one who looks about 2 or so. It was cute and touching. I hope Parker can have as "normal" a childhood as possible.

Ugh, back to work today.

ETA: I just now got an email from luckiestdaughter in England to say don't worry Mom, I'm ok. Hee, she knows me so well. I was worrying. :blush:

Good Morning Everyone,

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery to Clayzedover.

32 Days until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam"!

:woohoo:

40 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

61 Days until The BAF Gala!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I think the extent to which Parker can just see him just as Dad can be influenced by how much people are willing to step back and let them be. If all your playmates are skipping off to the nearest fishing spot and you have to be taken via helicopter by people with walkie-talkies, then you know that things are "special". I think the best gift that the fans can give to him is just like the best gift we can each give to our own children -- to let them grow.

Like Couchie, I'm a Clarker fan. I admit that I would love to see a picture but it ends up that all I could do is imagine then so be it.

Yes, exactly. I think one advantage will be that Parker may have a builtin playmate in Chamberlin, which would be fun. They're only 2 yrs and a bit apart, and as they grow up I'm sure they'll be more like brothers than "just friends". Or maybe they'll hate one another! :lmaosmiley-1: One never knows!!

I'm sure Chamberlin is already very curious and excited about the baby.

AHEM. :3:

canfly goes to pout in the corner cuz claygary forgot her... :crying1:

JK, lol. :hug:

Aaaack!! I KNEW it! I should NEVER try and make lists!! SORRYYYYY!!! :thbighug-1:

VERY best wishes to clayzedover for a complete recovery! Thanks so much to whoever brought over the information so that we know.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this. I apologize if it has, but it will be approximately 6 weeks from Parker's birth to the beginning of Clay's stint on Broadway. That leaves time for Clay, Parker and Jaymes to get their 6 weeks checkup. I'm sure Clay's going to need one, too. LOL!!!!

I'm really, really sad about Clayzedozer, but I do know that these things can turn around. I'm certainly hoping for the best. She's seems like such a sweet person.

For what it's worth, I'll add my two cents -- IMO- Clay isn't going anywhere without his new little family.

That would be my guess, as well!

Good morning to all! Had a perfectly, perfect visit with my London (and area) Ontario Clay buddies on the weekend. Thanks to goldarngirl...the hostess with the mostest! (Bella19, even though I love FromClaygary, you are still my numero uno bedmate! Wish you could have been at the party with us.)

Positive thoughts and prayers going out to Clayzedover from me as well!

Sending good karma to Clayzedover and I hope she got speedy medical attention this weekend.

Claymatron, I can live with your occasional "wandering", as long as I'm still Numero Uno! ;)

I missed the London ladies, but had two of my local area Clay buddies over for lunch yesterday so that made up for missing your clunch and pj party.

Since I missed most of the conversations this weekend (great way to clean up the house - invite guests over!), I'll add my two cents to the will they/won't they all be in NYC discussion. As someone who has discussed his wish to have a child many times, I can't imagine Clay not wanting to have Parker and Jaymes with him in NY. Tiny babies change so quickly in the first few months of their lives and I'm guessing that Clay will want to see those first gummy smiles, take his turns getting those stubborn burps out and watch Sweet P (tm FromClaygary) learn to roll onto his tummy.

Of course, this is all just conjecture on my part! :)

As I mentioned before, I heard a variety of opinions on Clay's situation over the weekend. One lady thought it proved he was straight (because he fathered a child), another thought he was only a surrogate father for Jaymes' baby and wouldn't participate in child rearing, a third doubted that they were a couple but was thrilled for them nonetheless. Hee, all from the same "news" stories! But one thing they all had in common was they knew about it - and they brought it up, not me, knowing I was a Clay fan, and wanting more details. Heh, sorry, you pretty much know as much as I do! :P I was able to clarify a few things, but it just goes to show how personal filters can colour things.

Two months from today I will be at the Raleigh State Fair, God willing!

Whatever the real story is, I am sure we won't know it, heh.well, not in detail other than spoken authoritatively by someone who 'knows' the family. and that will not be the truth, either.

mt mantra - not my business, not my business, not my business................

Two months from today I will be at the Raleigh State Fair, God willing!

And I'll be right there with you! EEEEEEEEEEE!!! I wonder if I should try a deep-fried candy bar?

Help! Does anybody know where my keys are?

Muski...I don't, sorry. But when you find them, get one of the loop things for your purse and hang them on that. It's solved my key-losing habit, big time.

Claymatron, I can live with your occasional "wandering", as long as I'm still Numero Uno!

Bella you know I'll always come back to you...:F_05BL17blowkiss: ,

Good Afternoon, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Just read through several pages. I need to try to be present in the "here and now." :lol:

Healing thoughts and prayers for Clayzedover. :openflower3:

My current Carolina blog is a look back at the 2007 Tampa and West Palm Beach concerts. These are reruns of last year's entries. Muskifest, I quoted your recap again about the gal in her 20s who said the WPB concert was "one of the best last minute decisions ever." Great story! :)

HeidiHo- I noticed you live in Nashville. I was wondering what part, since that's my general area, too.

I lived in the Bellevue area for 17 years -- taught orchestra at Bellevue Middle, Hillwood, and several elementaries you would recognize. Small world! :whistling-1:

I'm trying to wake up (i.e., Olympics addict) so I can go teach some lessons. Y'all have a great day! th_bubblesmileyrev.gif

Caro listen.gif

Guest SidiDenak

Did anyone notice in the pictures when Clay was at the car, Jerome "threw a diaper (?) over his left shoulder?

I have a feeling that when Clay comes home at night from SPAMALOT, Jaymes will be massaging his tired and acking thighs and legs while JEROME WILL BE BURPING their little man Parker.

Boy does Jerome have to wear many hats: 1) bodyguard for Clay; 2) fill in duet singer with Clay; 3) surrogate father to Clay; and 4) surrogate grandpop, bodyguard and nurse to "little man Parker". I hope he's gotten a raise.